Mars Driven, Saggo, Uranian, Hot, Hyper-Bats…

Jim Morrison hot leather trousers

Jim Morrison, lead singer of the Doors (named after Aldous Huxley’s genius book The Doors Of Perception)  was Sagittarius, with Aquarius Rising and his chart ruler Uranus with Mars in Gemini. Neptune trined the latter.

Yes, he is another one of our hot, genius Mars-Neptune dudes. I need to create a category just for this lot, yes?

Sadly, he over-did it with, well, The Everything and he went before even his Saturn Return, at the age of 27, dying in a bathtub in Paris. But he was genius and here are some choice astro quotes from Jim Morrison: Life, Death – Legend, by Stephen Davis.

Jim: “I don’t know how many of you believe in astrology…”
Random Chick in Audience: “JIM! JIM! I do!”
Jim: “Yeah baby, I’m a Sagittarius, the most philosophical of all the star signs…”
RCIA: “Me too Jim! I’m a Sagittarius too!”
J: “Well I don’t believe in it myself.”
RCIA: “Neither do I Jim!”
J: “I think it’s a bunch of bullshit.

“On Saturday night, while John Densmore and Pamela were talking in one of the Fog’s booths, Jim Morrison made his move and sat down with them. There was talk of mutual friends, astrology, acid and real estate. Ray later tried to accurately describe this encounter : ONce their eyes combined, their psyches did a caduceus up the staff of Mercury and their souls sprouted wings. They were mated. Olympian. Cosmic.

John Densmore knew enough to move on.

After the set, Jim and Pam went to Cantor’s. Frank Zappa was there, and they sat with his Laurel Canyon entourage for a while. Jim Morrison later told one of his girlfriends that when Pamela finally took him home at dawn, it was the first time he’d ever really made love. A few nights later they went on their first date, to see French director Claude Lelouch’s hit film, A Man and a Woman. Pam loved the movies soft focus romanticism, which sent Jim off on a tirade about the bogus use of music to manipulate the emotions of the viewer.”

“I am a Sagittarian, if astrology has anything to do with it – the Centaur, the Archer, the Hunter – but the main thing is that we are the Doors.”

Thoughts?

Jim Morrison jail

Lux Interior is My Co-Pilot
Lux Interior is My Co-Pilot
July 30, 2013 8:14 am

Totes aquarian! Who else would meditate on Aztec (I think) pyramids?
Just look at that hair! Totes Sagg.

postmodscorp
postmodscorp
July 30, 2013 2:21 am

Interesting synchronicity… Am in Paris for the first time, and yesterday we went to Père Lachaise and visited with Abelard et Heloise, James Douglas Morrison and Oscar Wilde…. In the process stumbling over Victor Noir, whose grave boasts a marvellous effigy with a prominant bulge in a key location….

molly bloom
molly bloom
July 29, 2013 7:39 pm

believe me or not, i was just thinking about him these days, listening to “An American Prayer” and trying to translate properly into Italian this amazing verse

pegasus
pegasus
July 29, 2013 2:59 pm

Mabarosi, brilliant. The other word about light I love is Chiaroscuro.

RA
RA
July 29, 2013 2:36 pm

Eh, I don’t get the fuss. And I’m a Venus Sag with a heap of progressed planets in Sag, so go figure.

July 30, 2013 12:47 am
Reply to  RA

I feel the same way about the beatles – meh

July 29, 2013 2:20 pm

I do love Jim, and Michael Hutchence always struck me as having the same DNA or spirit in him. Hutchence was an Aqua ?

July 29, 2013 2:32 pm

Both wounded in the grail castle.

DoubleMutable
DoubleMutable
July 29, 2013 5:39 pm

YES! Must be something to why I was completely crushed out on both of them as a teenager. 🙂 I’m Aqua rising…probalby no small part to do with it.

LovelyLana
LovelyLana
July 29, 2013 9:47 am

Oh for the love of Sagittarius! Jim was amazing, I’m also uber Sagittarius…and our energy is playful, free, and too “out there” for most conventional foiks. I tend to have the best connections with sag men too, we get it…just because we are loving today doesn’t mean we’ll be loving tomorrow. Star crossed love affairs have been my MO. You can learn from Sag or Sag Venus men…just don’t get attached 🙂

Formerly known as Aquagem
Formerly known as Aquagem
July 29, 2013 8:08 am

Jim Morrison totally changed my life!! Turned me in to the world of beat literature, Huxley etc. in no way would I be the person I was without his influence.
I too totally adore Sag. I married one!

Diane
Diane
July 29, 2013 3:11 am

“which sent Jim off on a tirade about the bogus use of music to manipulate the emotions of the viewer.”

I can’t count the number of times I ranted about something like this, hahaha!

GFTpisces
GFTpisces
July 29, 2013 2:28 am

Just went and read the Steinbeck article as well. Hmmmm….I’m a lady with Mars in Aries 9th house square Neptune in Cap 5th (Venus tightly conjunct to Mars, but NOT square neptune.) Could use a little help on placing how this all manifests. That’s some pretty strong Mars energy, I know. I’m a musician/songwriter, and I’ve definitely got bats streak (that’s probably putting it mildly.) In the other post, MM talked about Venus aspecting Neptune in women, but wondering what people think about the Mars-Neptune in women?

calypso
calypso
July 29, 2013 9:34 am
Reply to  GFTpisces

I was wondering about this too, I have a hefty Mars Neptune trine.

July 30, 2013 12:41 am
Reply to  calypso

did you know sea horse male looks after the kids while the woman cuts and runs? Aspirational avatar for a mars neptune woman? 😀

July 30, 2013 12:37 am
Reply to  GFTpisces

what i think: society judges women with mars neptune squares differently to men with the same aspect. As do other women. There’s no nuclear family waiting for you in the suburbs if you’re a woman with this aspect. If you make it through the self-destructive / philandering phase and move on to constructive / focussed it’s fuqing awesome. Spiritual / Creative.

6th sense
6th sense
July 30, 2013 1:21 am
Reply to  anon

You rock, anon.

Ariel
Ariel
July 30, 2013 8:26 am
Reply to  GFTpisces

I have a Mars-Neptune opposition. I have only read it is… insecurity. But creative pursuits, yes?

July 30, 2013 12:04 pm
Reply to  Ariel

I’m having that opposition right now as a transit and I live and breathe mars square neptune natally but I am having a phase of success creatively and some astounding ‘inner world’ times. So yeah – it can be creative and maybe mystical. Your chart isn’t just one aspect – if you have other aspects that make you more secure about yourself they can override that apparently weaker aspect and help you to achieve the more desirable unfolding of it. It’s up to you how your natals unfold – free will is yours. You get to use the transits to… Read more »

Serenity
Serenity
July 29, 2013 2:26 am

Another artist that used drugs to create. How about being sober and creating? I get it. Could he have written that stuff, performed that way sober? Youth! I’m glad they’re using hallucinogenics to tap the mind and heal in research, San Fran. But not to self destruct. Just my thoughts.

calypso
calypso
July 29, 2013 9:36 am
Reply to  Serenity

some people work in an orgy of creative destruction, or the other way round….anyway, he died from it, so yeah, doing both to the ultimate degree.

serenity
serenity
July 30, 2013 4:13 am
Reply to  calypso

I was never a doors fan. The style and his voice and ramblings, not for me. I love light my fire and people are strange. That’s it. Val Kilmer was awesome.

gbs
gbs
July 28, 2013 11:41 pm

Wow, my nephew is practically an astro-twin of Jim Morrison: Sagg Sun, Aqua Rising, Moon in Taurus, Mars-Uranus conjunct. No Mars-Neptune, but his Sun-Mercury are sextile Neptune.

My nephew is only 11 but a force of nature–incredible energy level, funny, whip smart. It’s been apparent for a few years now that he’s not ever going to fit into a cookie-cutter life or anything close to it. At the same time, his Taurus Moon loves security and familiarity. The challenge is to give him structure for all the wild energy–it’s an ongoing project for my sister. 🙂

Ariel
Ariel
July 30, 2013 8:24 am
Reply to  gbs

Good not to have Mars-Neptune! Perhaps that’s the key to avoiding The Excess of Everything as mentioned above.

July 28, 2013 10:35 pm

Sweet! if we’re sharing Doors covers this is my fave :

July 28, 2013 11:00 pm
Reply to  anon

Ah, that was rockin! So did you check out my link above? Huh? Did ya? Mabarosi!

July 28, 2013 11:17 pm

LOL what did you just call me… ??

I am more strings inclined and I love the kitsch synth on the original so I’m not as enamored as you are – but it definitely has a ‘vibe’ to it.

July 28, 2013 11:27 pm
Reply to  anon

LOL Mabarosi!

Ah yeah: no kitsch in Winston’s interp, for sure. Maybe that’s what clinches it for me, with my placements & all… Not that I don’t dig kitsch, mind you, because I do. Say, what astro favors kitsch in your opinion? Would that be Uranus? Or a Merc placement? ?

July 30, 2013 12:50 am

maybe venus/mercury/uranus? Great question.

July 28, 2013 9:54 pm

Best cover of Spanish Caravan, via George Winston:

So dreamy Sagg & Mars Uranian surreal bats… *love*

July 28, 2013 11:18 pm

(That’s my Uranus-Merc & Mars in the via combusta/8th house, Neptune-NN in Sagg/9th house mojo rising anthem, right there.)

12th house virgo
12th house virgo
July 28, 2013 11:27 pm

What’s life like in the via combusta? My progressed chart is packed there.

July 28, 2013 11:33 pm

Layered. Hot. Galloping. Secret. Mabarosi.

Enjoy, 12HV! It’s a sweet ride 😉

12th house virgo
12th house virgo
July 28, 2013 11:52 pm

I suck at secret – it’s all around my AC anyway. I’ll take Mabarosi!!

July 29, 2013 12:48 am

Oooh: Via Combusta on the AC? That’s an interesting twist! Of course I have a secrecy clause in my contract, but not you 12HV: you can tell us allll about it!

To mabarosi, Salud! x

S
S
July 28, 2013 8:42 pm

Ah Mystic your dialing up my old high school boyfriend tonite with this post.
Tick: Saggo
Tick: Artist/poet/potential musician/actor/play writer/avid reader/animal lover/up for anything attitude
Tick: Looked like Evan Dando and Jim Morrision’s love child
Tick: His kissing technique lands him close to the top of my best kisses of all time list
Thanks for the memory nightcap MM.
For me The Doors musical magic all lands in the wildly talented hands of Ray Manzarek RIP.

pegasus
pegasus
July 28, 2013 10:29 pm
Reply to  S

Sagg men are irresistible to me, so naughty sometimes but i love them.
Recommend them for fun and frolics but not for any seriousity.

AstroGeek
AstroGeek
July 29, 2013 1:00 am
Reply to  pegasus

Seriousity is my favorite new word. All the astro of late has made my normally gallivanting Saggo self far more cognizant of the seriousity potential of EVERYTHING (from who/what I put in my mouth, to what I buy, to where I live) lately.

I used to be afraid of even thinking about ramifications and “future” (at least any future other than my own rosy, philosophical one). Now I’m like …. where’s this going … to the max!!!

July 29, 2013 1:16 am
Reply to  AstroGeek

Spanish caravan! YES.

DBH
DBH
July 29, 2013 11:43 pm
Reply to  AstroGeek

Pegasus, you are SPOT ON. I’m also a Saggo, and over the past few months my entire outlook on life has opened up to include anything and everything! I’m invincible. My potential is limitless. It’s freeing and exhilarating, huh?

July 29, 2013 6:28 am
Reply to  pegasus

Ha, that is a cute word.

I know Pegs, the Aqua is Sagg rising even tho Saturn and Cap Moon conjunct in 1st. Cheery exterior but emo vulnerable (the alcohol had made him cry and I was the same when drinking with my Cap Moon).

My Gem Asc on his Gem Dsc and his Sagg Asc on my Sagg Dsc….

Aw gee, I kinda miss the idiot today. Last time I saw him I still got a whiff of his cologne. I secretly hated him for that haha …

July 29, 2013 6:49 am
Reply to  sweetpea

Oh, and of course the Sagg rising is why he put his BFFF in HM

(Big Fat Fuqin Foot in His Mouth… haha)

pegasus
pegasus
July 29, 2013 2:57 pm
Reply to  sweetpea

But Sweetpea he was just so HANDY!
Just liked drinking a lot as many Oz men do or is it a compulsion?
Know a few peeps that drink every day but do not think they ‘drink’ as per alcoholism.
An addiction specialist told me ‘one is too many and 10 not enough’ (in regards to any addiction).
Now 2 months tabacco free, so many benefits from quitting.
If i had a strong sense of smell beforehand, now i can pick up aromas from a mile away.
(Sagg always exaggerates..lol)

July 30, 2013 5:24 am
Reply to  pegasus

Haha, bet your Libran Moon loves the aroma clarity even more! Congrats darlink! That is major. He is a binge drinker. As he is an engineer (driver) on the tram, he is given drug tests and a breathalyzer frequently. Yes, he would have been handy but I had my own issues to look at as far as my comfort zone seeing him on a lover basis. It was my Libran sexologist landlord who told me to just have fun. He had said “we’re not going to fall in love, right?” L.S (Libran Sexologist) said oh, just laugh and tell him,… Read more »

July 30, 2013 5:26 am
Reply to  sweetpea

Wow, that was long…thanks for listening whomever reads this! On my lunch and still processing today…

One thing tho is that he is right..We had both been drinking the first night we hooked up and he said it should have never happened…But everything does for a reason right?

He does not want to carry on as now he knows the “lover” thing will not work for me. I told him a few things he said had made me cry…That did it and at least he had the wisdom to nip it even tho that pissed me off too…haha… x

August 1, 2013 5:17 am
Reply to  sweetpea

Saw him in the parking/garage area yesterday. The whole neighborhood was out it seemed and it was like a block party. He waved at me and I called him over to my car. I told him I was sorry for saying some of the things I did and that he was right, it should have never happened (sure)…but we are friends again and the LLS (Libran Landlord Sexologist) said “lets just see how long it takes for him to try and get you back”. She thought the whole thing was funny. She said “you are right here”… Aw gee but… Read more »

sweetpeas
sweetpeas
August 1, 2013 5:56 am
Reply to  sweetpea

Know its early in Oz and hope you don’t mind Myst but this is how an Aries feels on an average day esp with trans Uranus..

😆

Of course I’m kidding a bit

August 1, 2013 5:57 am
Reply to  sweetpeas
Pegasus
Pegasus
July 28, 2013 8:37 pm

What can i say? Took my cues from one of the Doors songs:
‘Don’t you love her madly, as she’s walking out the door’.
Goodbye my fave line with lovers. After crazy sex to ‘Light my fire’ first.

Pegasus
Pegasus
July 28, 2013 8:38 pm
Reply to  Pegasus

Val Kilmer a brilliant choice to play JM, his doppelganger in mug shot.

S

Ms.
Ms.
July 29, 2013 12:39 am
Reply to  Pegasus

🙂

saggo queenie

as a moon venus/neptune in sagg all my affairs have sagg qualities despite scorping. It’s kind of a weird war between passion and freedom in my heart but it makes for interesting encounters and stories.

AstroGeek
AstroGeek
July 29, 2013 1:02 am
Reply to  Ms.

Sagg Sun and Scorp rising create a crazy tug of war. Its all good and casual until I give in/get attached and then I need to see inside your soul (to create alchemy with mine, of course). 😉

Ariel
Ariel
July 30, 2013 8:22 am
Reply to  Ms.

As a Gem sun with a Pluto-opposed Venus in Taurus (do NOT even strike up a conversation with my beau, stranger) I find loving to be a strange old mass of contradictions too.Super hard to integrate all the different parts of ourselves into a relationship, especially as Gems are at least eight people anyway (that’s what MM always says)

jen.fitz@hotmail.com
jen.fitz@hotmail.com
July 28, 2013 8:25 pm

one of the 27 club.what a waste but destined to burn out of control and then ……