Which Sun Signs Are Most Minimalist?

Is it possible to data-crunch the Sun Sign traits to work out which signs are more inclined to be hoarders? And, by contrast, minimalists?

Astro-Cliche wise, it tends to be Taureans & Cancerians who hover at the Hoarding end of the spectrum whilst Pisceans and Saggos live at the minimalist end.  Taurus/Crab energy can cling and enjoy their stuff a lot. Sometimes too much. Whereas Pisces and Sagg often feel like too much stuff weighs them down.

But is this fair?

I’m definitely minimalist – exhibiting the most opposite set of characteristics to hoarding you can imagine.

If you unclutter for leisure and consider it a Zen activity, you ain’t at any risk of a hoarding attack any time soon.

So come clean with your hoarding/declutter style, cite your astro-details and let’s see if we can get a concept of the Sun sign traits as they pertain to minimalism. Or, hoarding.

FYI: Marie Kondo has the Sun conjunct Mercury in Libra.

Image: Vedbaek House

2 2 votes
, ,

JPH
JPH
October 22, 2018 7:51 pm

Leo sun. Minimalist

catfish moon
catfish moon
June 7, 2013 12:26 pm

Cancer sun….minimalist, organized, declutter and downsize regularly to maintain sanity.

cancer sun conjuncts saturn.
Virgo rising conjunct virgo venus.

Virgo wins out here!!!!

My cancer sun conjuct saturn mother is a compulsive buyer and hoarder. DRove me crazy as a child. Still does.

ScorpSunMoonVenus
ScorpSunMoonVenus
June 6, 2013 10:12 pm

Definitely NOT a hoarder. Never cared much for “things”, except for books. I have moments where I will get sick of what I do have and just toss it. Scorpio Sun, Moon, Sagittarius rising.

LibGem
LibGem
June 6, 2013 8:31 pm

Sun in Libra, but have Uranus, Pluto and Venus in Virgo!! I’m fairly minimal and zen like. However, every now and then I attempt to hoard, but I end up either giving things to others who have not been gifted such pleasures or I have a cleansing of the house/property!! Crabs certainly don’t enjoy my zen thing! Lol!! 😉

Anonymous
Anonymous
June 6, 2013 3:00 pm

Pisces sun, aries moon, Leo ascendant. Notorious clean freak and book enthusiast. I’m a minimalist. The hubby is a Taurus sun/ascendant,libra moon, Kataka Venus. He’s a decorator and collector of movies but a clean freak too. He’s not a hoarder, but keeps our home from looking too sterile.

Anonymous
Anonymous
June 6, 2013 1:09 pm

My sun sign is Cancer and both my moon and rising are in Pisces and I am very much a minimalist.

Denise
Denise
June 6, 2013 11:58 am

Virgo.. with Cancer mind i think…
I hoard a bit…
and when I’m away like just recently… I was decluttering like mad in my head… ‘I’ll clean out that drawer.. and that cupboard when I get home” I’d soooo love to have a completely organised and decluttered home.

get home… nah.. too many other things way more inviting then de-cluttering. 🙁

redqueen
redqueen
June 6, 2013 11:43 am

Leo Sun/Sagg Asc. Prefer minimalist with a slight urge to collect vintage clothing, cookware, and books (some significant Virgo and Cancer placements, lol) My Sagg asc loves to purge after I start feeling overwhelmed by stuff. However, I live with two children and one man, and they are definitely on the hoarder edge of life: Man is Virgo sun/Cancer Asc he is a hoarder and a terrible procrastinator, especially about decluttering. Eldest is Pisces Sun She often tells me every single item is precious to her. She will not get rid of anything and her room is very full of… Read more »

Emily
Emily
June 6, 2013 11:40 am

Libra Sun. Capricorn Moon. Scorpio Rising. Total hoarder of things I don’t want, largely due to disorganization causing me to fear throwing away the wrong piece of paper, etc. Least favorite trait of mine! I have other good ones, but this one…. sigh.

arienaquancer
arienaquancer
June 6, 2013 11:40 am

Aqua rising, Aries sun, Cancer moon. I feel like the Aquarian and Arien influences are constantly struggling with the Cancer moon. The As want minimalist space, a blank canvas (with lots of space for moving around in! sez Aries), and the Cancer moon just clutches her belongings lovingly, neurotically to her–“no, no, we can’t get rid of that yet, let’s just put it down in the basement. no, no, we can’t get rid of those notebooks, what if we just stack them neatly in the closet over here?” 🙂 This struggle has been particularly strong lately, like ever since I… Read more »

Renee
Renee
June 6, 2013 11:37 am

Pisces Sun, Cap Moon, Cancer Rising – definitely a minimalist, mostly b/c I love “shedding the skin” of old lives. So many clothes I miss, but after a point, they didn’t seem like me anymore. If I don’t use/need it, I don’t want it.

Aquarpio
Aquarpio
June 6, 2013 11:37 am

Funny thing: my parents are Taurus and Cancer and both are hoarders to what I think everyone would consider a pretty extreme level. I personally am an Aquarius and have a bit of a tendency to want to hold on to stuff but because I am truly terrified of it getting out of control and also have learned that tidiness makes me feel much more sane/happy I go bonkers every so often and get rid of absolutely everything that’s not nailed down. Most recently I carted probably ten boxes of books -including a ton of expensive art books and about… Read more »

Dede
Dede
June 6, 2013 11:36 am

I’m a SAG, sco rising, leo moon, total hoarder, pack rat, save everything!
Clutter in every room,: papers, bills, clothing, coupons, mags and newspapers. I’m so desperate I just ordered “Stuff Your Face or Face Your Stuff: The Organized Approach to Lose Weight by Decluttering Your Life, from Amazon and yes, I have gained weight!

RosieUmbrellas
RosieUmbrellas
June 6, 2013 11:27 am

I hoard art supplies, clothes & old cards – that’s about it. Cancer Sun, Pisces moon & Sag asc. The clothes thing use to be ridiculous as I was addicted to thrift shopping. This has improved w age…

LoLo
LoLo
June 5, 2013 10:53 pm

12th house Scorp sun/moon, Saggo rising …. On occasion it can appear I may have a hoarding issue, but without fail – I become disgusted by my own disorganization and laziness, morphing into epic change mission mode. … That lasts a few weeks, and the cycle repeats.

Miss Leo
Miss Leo
June 5, 2013 7:03 pm

Unintentional hoarder? I have a lot of crap, a lot of clothes, BOOKS. My books I cannot part with and the entire reason why I got an ereader was to prevent additions (so far it is working).

I have tons of stuff and hate it, but not as much as I hate cleaning otherwise I would have a lot less. There is always way more interesting stuff and why doesn’t someone just invent a hockety pockety Merlin bag already.

pearl
pearl
June 5, 2013 6:26 pm

saggo sun, taurus asc, moon and every major planet in cap……HOARDER and always trying to either enjoy or escape it…..aarrrgh

Isa
Isa
June 5, 2013 5:48 pm

Leo sun, strong Virgo Merc, Gem Asc… I have a love-hate relationship with stuff. There is stuff everywhere around me – not hoarded, but not as organised or sparse as I would like it to be. My Venus in Virgo would love to clear out all the clutter but I’m too busy doing a million other things at once.

saraekali
saraekali
June 5, 2013 4:38 pm

Sag, pisces rising. Guess I’m the confirmation to this theory 🙂 I go through all of my stuff every two/three months and do a charity/garbage haul (this includes clothes, books, css, toiletries, makeup, absolutely everything). I can’t stand to have things hanging around that I don’t use regularly. I loathe knick-knacks, in my house I only have the essentials (as in I recently gave my mother a friyng pan because I had two and I coudn’t stand seeing them both in my kitchen drawers), no pictures on the walls, everything put away and out of sight. I actually remember standing… Read more »

Louise
Louise
June 5, 2013 3:24 pm

Minimalist Leo. In all areas except books (because how else will people know I’m smart) and perfume/beauty products (because how else will I be fabulous?)

clear and present
clear and present
June 5, 2013 3:13 pm

Taurus, Saggo rising and Pisces true node. So, yes I have lots of stuff and collect old and ancient jewelry etc. which I thought I never would. But sometimes I feel like burning everything or moving and having a minimalistic house and another home with all my stuff, haha

Damnsel
Damnsel
June 5, 2013 2:28 pm

I’m a crab and do not hoard, but an old Pisces friend of mine was a terrible hoarder, complete with walls of bookcases and plates plastered on the walls. She was a Leo Rise, but did have a Cancer Moon. I am not minimalist, but I can’t stand mess, so I do tend to keep the accumulation to a healthy level. I don’t like minimalism either, as it tends to be so sterile and cold, so do have enough personal love items about that keep my environment homely.

gren
gren
June 5, 2013 12:37 pm

Do late degree or early degree planets (anaretic?) have any correlation to hoarding or minimalist. I have merc and mars uranus sun. Most of my life I’ve been coming and going and never very settled in one spot. I’ll stay in one place for a long time, yet still have most of my shit unpacked or fail to furnish it, decorate, or personalize it. I’m trying to work on that now but something always leads me into flux or a new adventure. maybe it’s the moon in sagg is oh so prominent.

slatkavavoom
slatkavavoom
June 5, 2013 12:25 pm

aries! minimalist! and your house looks luvly!

pegasus
pegasus
June 5, 2013 11:07 am

Have a mindset that if one item comes in, one goes out. After endless ongoing tossing still think i have too much. Like the habitat to speak for itself sans furniture, meaning the floors, walls, layout to have character that stands alone. The ceiling in the pink room above is similar to mine only mine is MORE ornate & prettier, built in (circa1912) fireplace with mirrors, tiles & mantle, so did oriental antique pieces to give a feel like the old original Raffles Hotel in Singapore, colonial, but it always feels ‘heavy’ to me, but then all bricks have that… Read more »

Feline
Feline
June 5, 2013 10:50 am

Leo Sun, Aqua Moon, Cancer rising, zilch Taurus. Not a hoarder, but collect way too many books, dolls, and expensive breakables. Hate dirt, so I have clutter but not grunge. Really need a house with more bookshelves. I used to love flea markets and yard sales, now refuse to go because I don’t want other people’s junk, I have too much of my own, even if it is “good junk”. Really need to have my own yard sale… Have two Taurus in the family, one is a certified hoarder, the other is kept under control by his Scorpio wife. Other… Read more »

mrcreosote
mrcreosote
June 5, 2013 10:35 am

Virgo/Cap. like clean lines in furniture/design, but tend towards the hoarding end with books/magazines/old bike parts/wood offcuts etc

Lucy
Lucy
June 5, 2013 10:18 am

Too minimalist is sad, hoarding is sad.
Surrounded by all your favourite things even if it causes clutter is cool.

chronicgir1
chronicgir1
June 5, 2013 9:50 am

Virgo sun, Saggo rising. I have NOTHING, and I like it!

fallen angel
fallen angel
June 5, 2013 8:45 am

Not sure if I’m disqualified due to the Virge-Hava-Hard-On-For-Clean Rising..but unfortunately, my Kataka ex-husband, my Kataka brother and Kataka nephew are like on day-leave from Hoarders. I don’t understand it. You cannot possibly need a rusty wrench from yore for what kind of nut/screw/thing? No. Crap psychically disturbs me. Like I cannot work – much less watch a reality show where the person’s house is messy. I got sucked into an episode of Newlyweds where the mixed race couple (she’s a Bollywood pop star, he’s a hot tech guy) are angsting about sex-for-pregnancy, yet the entire time I am SURE… Read more »

Lux Interior is My Co-Pilot
Lux Interior is My Co-Pilot
June 5, 2013 8:40 am

Virgo sun, Pisces rising.
Minimalist.

But could be a reaction to having grown up with a hoarder (Taurus) who was extreme. We’re talking urine and excrement here.

oneirix
oneirix
June 5, 2013 8:16 am

Aries Sun, Aqua Rising and Virgo Moon. I’m a minimalist, but less of an ascetic and more of a seeker of perfection (i.e. the perfect flatware set, the perfect jacket, etc.). Simplicity and quintessence are the name of the game, and I’m okay with having five pairs of black boots as long as they’re each perfect (and perfectly put away!) for a given scenario. Clutter is my enemy; you can have a bunch of stuff as long as it’s used regularly and then neatly returned to its right place afterward.

Aquafleur
Aquafleur
June 5, 2013 8:12 am

Aqua sun, I’m a hoarder, but I like clean minimal rooms, like the lounge room and the bath room and bed room. I love cupboards to hide all the mess and they are usually crammed full. I guess it is my work room that is in organised chaos, I’m an artist. Some artists work in messy environs and others in pristine environs, I’m in the former camp.
And for your stats, my Cancerian best friend is totally a minimalist, and my Pisces boyfriend is a hoarder and total mess maker.

Lady of Lilador
Lady of Lilador
June 5, 2013 6:56 am

Cancer Sun, Aquarius Moon. Reformed hoarder. I used to be shocking, keeping all kinds of crap “just in case” or for sentimental reasons. I would pick up stuff off the kerb on Council Clean up days and would haunt op shops and garage sales. Then, about 5 years ago I ended a relationship and decided to get rid of everything that reminded me of that person – did I mention that this was also the moment I recovered from being a love zombie? It was a revelation. Clearing away the physical stuff helped me clear the emotional stuff and the… Read more »

ViAqPi
ViAqPi
June 5, 2013 6:47 am

Virgo Sun, Aquarius Moon, Pisces Rising. I am a minimalist. I am always getting rid of things every 3-6 months. If I haven’t used something within the last year it’s time to go. When I buy something new, I get rid of something old. I do feel like if there’s too much clutter I can’t breathe and feel weighed down. I’ve had to teach my husband how to be minimalist, he’s a Leo Sun, Aries Moon, and Virgo Rising, he used to be a hoarder but he changed his ways 🙂

Scorp Inc.
Scorp Inc.
June 5, 2013 6:24 am

Scorp sun, Pisces asc., Libra moon. I am at neither extreme. Clutter drives me bats: shit needs to have a home & be free of dead skin cells//hair/old fibers, aka dust. My place is like a library slash greenhouse, & everything has its place. I’ve noticed that all of us– incl the pets– are more at peace & better functioning when tidyness & order are maintained, when space is balanced & aesthetically pleasing. The air must be fresh, too: cross-ventilation is a must. I employ the add one thing-remove one thing principle. I do have one extreme tendency: hoarding nonperishable… Read more »

LeLeoLibra
LeLeoLibra
June 5, 2013 5:45 am

I hoard beauty and bath products and teas. I’m on a spend diet right now and I am using it all up but I still found it in me to buy mini savon de marseille soaps whilst in Los Angeles. They were on sale!!
I do use the products and it makes me feel a lot more groomed/glam than I would otherwise.

Anonymous
Anonymous
June 5, 2013 5:47 am
Reply to  LeLeoLibra

I am in desperate need of a decluttering sesh but I have so much trouble parting from my books. Who here does storage lockers, has good tips on how to give away your books?
Library I guess.

June 5, 2013 6:02 am
Reply to  LeLeoLibra

Oh heavens I forgot the teas. I’ve over 100 types of tea! All glorious all perfect at the right time. You bring me a problem I have the tea for it. Hahahahaha

June 5, 2013 5:36 am

Cancer sun moon mars and jupiter but I rise just about in pisces although my first house is really aries. North Node in Taurus. I’m afraid I keep almost everything. Not so much mementos but things which could be useful or which have a use or could be handy or I need or just like the look of. I had a great trip to the States and stayed at a hyper cool very empty hotel and although it was fun and lovely I was not comfortable at all and it felt more like a prison cell to me. Then moved… Read more »

June 5, 2013 5:38 am
Reply to  emg

I also keep lovers way too long too. In fact I never really let them go. Read a piece the other day that any cell exchange between people will be lasting in that the energy if not the DNA has a long term effect. Interesting.

emily
emily
June 5, 2013 4:46 am

Former hoarder turned minimalist. Messy with clean sweep frenzies. Virgo sun w/ Pisces Moon & Neptune conj. Asc. I work a lot at home and can’t do it if the space is too messy, also my virgo dad seemed to feel that your space reflected the condition of your life and I took that into consideration as an adult. Its true, when you get your space in order you feel pretty good too and its easier to work and think… I didn’t feel that way in the past and felt it was just the opposite, but I also wasn’t doing… Read more »

emily
emily
June 5, 2013 4:49 am
Reply to  emily

Interesting (?) point -messy me was a highly creative incarnation of me. I didn’t have any finished, presentable art projects or real measures of success in that area, I was just very outwardly creative and expressive. Maybe that says something.

IP
IP
June 5, 2013 4:46 am

I’m having a constant battle – to fill up my house with pretty things or to throw everything away and leave the place clean/bare!

Sun – Virgo
Asc – Libra

gemstone333
gemstone333
June 5, 2013 4:33 am

Leo sun Aries moon Taurus rising I used to have a lot of stuff. Once pluto transits came and went I started getting rid of a lot of stuff. Then I moved to California, and w/ relocation had Pisces rising. I got rid of 60% of my clothes, shoes and books. Throw in 7 moves in 5 years, and I got rid of another 30%. I found I didn’t need all the things I once thought I couldn’t live without. Now when I buying something I think long and hard on whether or not I want to carry it around… Read more »

J
J
June 5, 2013 4:15 am

Double Taurus pisces rising reporting in. Late 30s, reformed hoarder (that’s probably a harsh term, but one could say “collector”) post-Saturn return– prior to that, through my 20s I stockpiled musical instruments as if the Apocalypse was going to be one giant Battle of the Bands. Was encouraged to “travel lighter” by two girlfriends, one Aqua/Sagg and one Double Libra (crab moon). You should see my apartment now, it looks like an art gallery. Sparse and stark, and I have come around to seeing fully decluttered space as peaceful space. Never could write a song in a messy room anyway.

hdq
hdq
June 5, 2013 3:55 am

my youngest just came in with a picture she’d drawn for her grandpa- a very minimal spiral. before we put it in an envelope, i protested, “do you think you should draw a little more? maybe write something?” she gave me the look. “NO. it’s just. a. spiral.” ha! virgo venus, mars, and saturn. my lovely katakan neighbor came running over the other day. “come quickly, we just unpacked a box and you have to see it before we repack!” it was a large collection of impeccable eastern european handmade wedding lace coverlets and sheets and yes, doilies! he spent… Read more »

scorpiorising
scorpiorising
June 5, 2013 5:43 am
Reply to  hdq

I love it! No, It’s just a spiral.
I love spirals.

Kataka on Fire
Kataka on Fire
June 5, 2013 3:33 am

I am a Cancer Sun

I am a member of messies anonymous (no joke) lifelong messy

I have a Saggy Asc

I have a Virgo Stellium

Pluto transversinh first house is I feel the deal breaker break through!!!

Angela Neal
Angela Neal
June 5, 2013 2:37 am

I guess I have more of the Saggo influence then (my moon/uranus, sun in cancer), because I hate clutter and hoarding. My husband is the hoarder — he’s a Virgo. We just moved and I was begging him to throw the “junk” away, and he just wouldn’t… but in all fairness some of the crap he kept came in handy in the past. Maybe there are some hoarders that do it for future survival and it’s instinct?

gemleolib
gemleolib
June 5, 2013 2:17 am

Gem sun/Libra rising. I’ve got clutter but every once in awhile my libra rising makes me at least arrange it in a nice way. Every so often I get a strong urge to throw absolutely everything out (besides a bed and a roof-what do I really need?) but then I get distracted and move to something more exciting. Lol Oh and my mom is libra sun and rising so our house is immaculate and beautiful but she married a crab so if you look closely in all his little niches (under his side of the bed, his tools in the… Read more »

Quadrupled
Quadrupled
June 5, 2013 1:54 am

Gem Sun / Pisces rising / Cap Moon

home decor rule: I should be able to move out in 24 hours.

GeorgeSand
GeorgeSand
June 5, 2013 1:35 am

Scorpio (purger) married to Crab (hoarder). Perfect match. 🙂

Jenica Hendrix
Jenica Hendrix
June 5, 2013 1:35 am

I just had this conversation last night with a Taurus friend. She’s working on decluttering her house. I love tossing shit, but more than that, I love giving items away. The few things I do own I love intensely. (Pisces Sun)

toroqueen
toroqueen
June 5, 2013 1:34 am

Taurus sun/Sag Moon/Scorp rising – less is more in my book. Minus my closet. 🙂 The clothing habit can get out of control, hence the hoarding happens there.