Nonchalance & Reverie: Libra & Scorp

Two Models Walking I.D Magazine

Love these…I’m with the Libra.  Nonchalance is fabulous.  Nonchalant is Air – Reverie is Water.

Also – cool news – some of you might remember that aeons ago i did a book called Soulmating – about Eros & Psyche? It’s out of print but i’m going to do it as an e-book – like the Astro-Bitch Cosmic Love Tips & Mission Statement Horoscopes – instant download & all.

I have to get it painstakingly scanned and all (it’s LONG!) but the idea is that it will be available before Mercury goes Retrobats.

Auburn Hair Goth ModelImages: I.D Magazine Richard Bush

Plutoboy
Plutoboy
February 12, 2013 12:48 am

I’m surprised at some of the stuff that’s been stirred up around a couple of young ladies offering soundbites about themselves………… So, sun/merc 12th house Libra here, PLUS massive placements in scorp (8 in all, incl. moon, AC, Neptune, Mars, and Venus) so I didn’t question what either lass had to say. For me, nonchalance in a libran way simply means keeping a cool and balanced perspective, trying to see in a broader way what is going on in the moment, rather than succumbing to the emotional maelstrom that we so often mistake for (and use as verification of) being… Read more »

Pegasus
Pegasus
February 12, 2013 10:23 am
Reply to  Plutoboy

Well said PlutoBoy, nice style.

Plutoboy
Plutoboy
February 12, 2013 2:36 pm
Reply to  Pegasus

Made my day, Pegasus – saying “nice style” to a Libra sun is about as good as it gets, I’m sure most Librans would agree!

hiddendragonqueen
hiddendragonqueen
February 11, 2013 10:11 am

i think lately my least favorite word in the world has got to be nonchalance. it’s been my defense mechanism for much of my life- now i see it as a prison. burn that fuqer down!

hiddendragonqueen
hiddendragonqueen
February 11, 2013 10:12 am

reverie is beautiful. and rapture! yes!!

luland
luland
February 10, 2013 5:39 pm

helll yeahh to the MAX
these are 2 beautiful states of feeling
not only is that freaking spot on timing but
so is my desire for the soulmating guidance
xoxo

VenusRules
VenusRules
February 10, 2013 11:38 am

Very excited for SoulMating! Thank you Mystic. Happy new moon.

LotusFlower
LotusFlower
February 10, 2013 10:42 am

I have your Soul Mating book too, MM. In fact, it’s been by my bedside the past few weeks. (Every now and then it takes a trip down from the book shelves and takes up residence there.) I find it’s one of the best for figuring an intangible but absolutely bang-on something about people. Hidden sides to personality. And like David I love the Piscean descriptions. Last night I found myself reading through the Eros in Pisces descriptions for each Sun sign. They are are officially HI-larious! Btw I love the way some of your turns of phrase from the… Read more »

February 10, 2013 10:21 am

Fave word is nonchalent… not nonchalant… do we put that down to the Libra or the editor? Did Scorpio set that up for a bit of… well, ‘reverie’ ?

K-Gem
K-Gem
February 10, 2013 9:16 am

Ok, so if nonchalance is air and reverie is water, what words for fire and earth?

February 10, 2013 10:24 am
Reply to  K-Gem

Fire – ‘intense’ ?
Earth – ‘Grounded, solid ‘ ?

LotusFlower
LotusFlower
February 10, 2013 10:46 am
Reply to  K-Gem

Fire – élan or insouciance?
Earth – sophisticate? poise/ got a grip. epicurean?

K-Gem
K-Gem
February 10, 2013 11:16 am
Reply to  LotusFlower

I like elan for fire signs.

Poise is a great concept – but two immediate thoughts come to mind with it

(1) Dame Edna
(2) a brand of products to address bladder weakness

both alas weaken the word for me!

February 10, 2013 10:56 am
Reply to  K-Gem

Fire = Rapture
Earth = Composure

February 10, 2013 11:21 am
Reply to  Anonymous

Yes, excellent !

February 10, 2013 11:23 am

And with composure comes compost, can’t get more earthy than that 🙂

Andromeda
Andromeda
February 10, 2013 9:51 pm

I ‘synonymed’ the word ‘structure’, I confess, but composed compost does bring to mind a few Taureans I know… 🙂

anon
anon
February 10, 2013 11:58 am
Reply to  Anonymous

Rapture and composure 🙂 Perfect!!!

Andromeda
Andromeda
February 10, 2013 9:50 pm
Reply to  anon

t’was me & ta!

February 10, 2013 12:40 pm
Reply to  K-Gem

Earth = grounded = stability ?

Fire = fiery = exuberance ?

sweetpea
sweetpea
February 10, 2013 7:57 am

In a low way, nonchalance can be a cover for a liar… Observed it first hand, and lately too 😉

sweetpea
sweetpea
February 10, 2013 8:01 am
Reply to  sweetpea

Some people have nonchalance and some have their totems..ha

Agree nonchalance can come in handy in certain situations for sure, but it’s like a castle built on sand if that’s your main MO

Steph
Steph
February 10, 2013 4:59 am

How strange that I was just reading your Soulmating book last night. It really is insightful, and so accurate.

Even weirder: The ephemeris in that book has me as a Psyche in Aries while astrodienst has me as Psyche in Taurus. (I’m right on the cusp.) Yet when I read the description of of Aries, it fits me more than Taurus. “Cosmically activated by bloodstone.” Yep, bloodstone is my lucky stone.

david5379
david5379
February 10, 2013 3:02 am

I actually have your book mystic, its really good, probably the best description of pisces ive read, it captures, I dunno, it capture something nobody else gets or touches upon, I feel like most books its like, pisces is kinda like this, but also, who knows, also its pretty funny, and im a sucker for the whole soul mates thing, it was one of the most reassuring paragraphs I have read, that whole rant, that love isnt some biological evolution thing, it was nice to hear someone else making the argument

david5379
david5379
February 10, 2013 3:04 am
Reply to  david5379

also nonchalance as an air thing is so true

12th house virgo
12th house virgo
February 10, 2013 2:17 am

How dark is the moon? I’m over soul mates. I mean – so what if souls are mating? I went through 35 years of life slightly obsessive but not really noticing it. Married for 11 years. Then – ba-bam! Soul mating for the last 4 and with two different guys. And, for my Libra stellium, it hurts to know that even soul mates lose intensity given enough time and healing. There’s no ideal romance when rubber hits the road. I’ve been thinking about Uranian Scorp a lot. His Jupiter hits my 5th house. I think I am having 5th house… Read more »

12th house virgo
12th house virgo
February 10, 2013 2:27 am

BTW – I am sure Mystic’s writing on the subject is great and applaud her for getting the info online. Don’t mean to sound negative about her work. Magazines and books are so last century. Information is now and she has the goods. Glad she’s sharing with more people.

hiddendragonqueen
hiddendragonqueen
February 11, 2013 10:21 am

i have to tell you, every time you mention uranian scorp i get all gooshy. perhaps the sexiest moniker evah…

i agree soulmating is not as fun as the fantasy. as painful as it gets, actually. two in four years is heavy stuff, man!! saturn in libra isn’t healed yet. this work… this life… xoxoxoox

12th house virgo
12th house virgo
February 11, 2013 10:36 am

You think I would have had sex with him, but it just never aligned.

Saturn in Libra…pfftt..this is second house Saturn stuff. Self-esteem, budget. I need to focus on what I control around here – such as what I consume. I need to get on a health kick.

xoxoxo

hiddendragonqueen
hiddendragonqueen
February 11, 2013 11:12 am

no sex?!? noooooooooooo! i guess that is one thing my soulmate shite brought me- the best sex of my life. i’d never believed in the concept of making love before him. my eros and his psyche were officially mm sanctioned magic- sextile in cap and scorp. his eros/my psyche not so good- leo and virgo, though they could be counted as very loosely conjunct out of sign- 9 degrees. no, leo and virgo just don’t get along, period. dammit memories, GO AWAY. i’m supposed to be getting on with life!

12th house virgo
12th house virgo
February 12, 2013 1:30 am

Somehow I think it was healing for both of us to have a connection that didn’t have manifested. I can let go and honestly say he never did anything unfair or bad to me. And he can know that some female in the world cared for him regardless of his dick size or sexual skills. Its a spiritual romance and the energy is so refined I don’t think its possible to manifest. Its kind of sweet and impossible and I am increasingly OK with it being just that. Eventually, I will have sex again (or so I keep telling myself).

bull with sting in tail
bull with sting in tail
February 10, 2013 1:59 am

Gotta give the young ‘uns a break,

Tryin’ it on or just tryin’

so beautiful they should just get awy with almost anything

February 10, 2013 1:27 am

also i liked that soulmating book, found in a second hand bookshop long after it was out of print, then after reading and absorbing what it had to say, decided it could go back into circulation along with a pile of my other more esoteric books. really wanted to refer to it recently, glad you’re making it happen!

February 10, 2013 1:18 am

oh fuq. sorry but the first thing that caught my attention was the GIGANTIC TYPO IN THE QUOTE wtf was the editor doing when that one went thru? aaagh spelling srsly

February 10, 2013 1:24 am
Reply to  Pi

yup i read it as non chalet tent

February 10, 2013 1:34 am
Reply to  Anonymous

tents are indeed non chalets!!

PureLibra
PureLibra
February 10, 2013 1:54 am
Reply to  Pi

Its like playing free association in Freudian psychoanalysis therapy…
non-chalet..tent…

Mags
Mags
February 10, 2013 9:08 am
Reply to  PureLibra

Now Libra’s rep as the best speller of the zodiac is ruined forever 😉

February 10, 2013 10:33 am
Reply to  Mags

I thought that was virgo? hehehe or do they just find the mistakes…?

February 10, 2013 10:36 am
Reply to  PureLibra

“Freudian psychoanalysis therapy”

haha

and following on from my err de word my first thought was “what libran would be seen dead near a tent?”

PureLibra
PureLibra
February 10, 2013 1:29 am
Reply to  Pi

Perhaps they were in a reverie or they discovered their error but were nonchalant about correcting it.

February 10, 2013 1:34 am
Reply to  PureLibra

touche!

libra-bella
libra-bella
February 10, 2013 7:43 am
Reply to  Pi

One thing I can’t be nonchalant about is the typo – I realise it is probably part of the statement and that this probably says more about me, than Louise and the magazine editor – he he. But If it’s your favourite word……..

.. bigger arenas for nonchalance ..

Love the sound of the soulmating book.

February 10, 2013 9:27 am
Reply to  Pi

Yes, i wondered if the models were allowed to type in the quotes themselves.

Natalie
Natalie
February 10, 2013 10:18 am
Reply to  Pi

I did have a little giggle to myself … “it’s her favourite word, but she can’t even spell it. Bless.”

calypso scorp
calypso scorp
February 10, 2013 11:13 am
Reply to  Natalie

lol, I hope she doesn’t have that tattooed on her arm…

ps, I know a Libran who can’t spell, are they really mean to be good spellers?

Chrysalis
Chrysalis
February 10, 2013 10:55 am
Reply to  Pi

Me too. I’m Mars in Virgo, and my favourite word is ‘sub-editor’

saggemilib
saggemilib
February 10, 2013 12:20 am

*Jumps up and down excitedly* as that ebook sounds ahmazing. That”s the most animated I have been in a while.

When I do nonchalant (moon, uranus and pluto in libra), people go out of their way to get a rise out of me, They don’t have to try too hard as the blunt, loquacious possible overkill (sun, mercury, jupiter and neptune in Sagg) soon kicks in. My Gem rising and saturn put their own splin on al of the above.

GemCrab
GemCrab
February 10, 2013 12:16 am

True on so many levels!

PureLibra
PureLibra
February 9, 2013 11:44 pm

Mystic, I recently bought your hardcover book after i remembered reading it in the library last yr. It really brings out the romantic libra in me. I re-read the Eros/psyche pairings and swoon just reading about soulmate love. Btw it is the only book that picks up on low-Capricorn characteristics. I am a multiple conjunct libra sun/moon/mercury/venus with a Leo rising. I have a go-to nonchalant face that I use in almost all situations. I find that Libras have what I like to call a ‘goop face’ (inspired by gwyneth paltrow) where they look like they are bitchy, detached and… Read more »

February 10, 2013 1:23 am
Reply to  PureLibra

“When a Scorpio says they they love ‘reveries’ what they secretly mean is that they love ‘revenge fantasies’!”

GeorgeSand
GeorgeSand
February 10, 2013 4:50 am
Reply to  Anonymous

Lol have to agree with anon re Scorps and reverie!

12th house virgo
12th house virgo
February 10, 2013 2:23 am
Reply to  PureLibra

I have Mars-Pluto-Mercury in first house Libra. I must have a goop face because people think I am overly negative. Part of the reason why I wanted to get botoxed, so I’d lose some forehead expressiveness. I never considered looking pissed characteristic of Libra. I figured it was Pluto. Maybe that’s as whimsical as Mars-Pluto-Merc in Libra can get: goop face.

February 10, 2013 9:26 am
Reply to  PureLibra

This is perfect. For a moment, with your mention of the library and romanticism, i thought you might be a dear friend of mine… you have described one of his expressions perfectly, his face in repose. I love how i can ask him a question or say something and his face frowns in gentle consideration or breaks into that dazzling Libran smile and laugh. I find it hard to read the goop face. And you’re right about enraging an Aries. I made an Aries buddy once by ignoring and thus, infuriating her. It was like it was her mission to… Read more »

Fi
Fi
February 10, 2013 3:34 pm
Reply to  PureLibra

Now, now. I must protest at all this stereotyping of, and projection onto, Scorpio!

Libran’s using goop face and delighting in the results because “nothing hurts them more than….” is just another form of revenge, is it not, given that the desire to hurt back is the essence of revenge?

PureLibra
PureLibra
February 10, 2013 5:03 pm
Reply to  Fi

It’s seems as though you are the one projecting, perhaps I hit on truth. There is a big difference of intention by scheming revenge which is a pro-active act and a libran nonchalance disengagement. The former has a sense of entitlement to actively bringing others down with them and is essentially destructive. The latter is restorative in nature and assumes a state of self-preservation. It’s more zen and accepts that karma will take care of any perceived injustice (or perhaps this is just maturity). The essence of revenge is the act of Inflicting punishment on another as a retaliatory measure… Read more »

February 10, 2013 5:50 pm
Reply to  PureLibra

“libran nonchalance disengagement”

Ugh! Precisely why this Scorp hates Librans. They’re shallow & superficial & COLD!!! Hate that word “goop” too

February 11, 2013 9:41 am
Reply to  Anonymous

What a “deep” thing to say..

Fi
Fi
February 10, 2013 7:54 pm
Reply to  PureLibra

LOL, peace, sister. I’m not sure what you think I am projecting – I’m not even a Scorpio! Your claim – and that of a few others here – to know what is going on in the proverbial Scorpio head during reverie IS nevertheless a gross generalisation, and it must mean that you’ve met a few “lo scorps”. Sorry to hear that, but don’t write off the whole sign on that basis! God, on that basis – meeting a few “lo” types – I could have written off Librans as….well, never mind….decades ago. But I haven’t! Instead, let us –… Read more »

PureLibra
PureLibra
February 12, 2013 10:39 am
Reply to  Fi

Hey Fi, Read my comment back..didnt realise it read so defensively. Was just exploring the concept of revenge Vs. coolness. Didnt mean to offend. I assumed that everything I said comes out sounding detached and objective just because Im a libra. hahha To all female scorpios out there: I secretly admire your ability to not let people get away with the hurt they inflicted on you. i.e. Brandi (the scorned woman whose gorgeous gemini husband cheated and left her for Leanne the virgo insecure country singer) has released her tell-all book today including how she charged a vaginal reconstruction on… Read more »

Fi
Fi
February 12, 2013 2:43 pm
Reply to  PureLibra

Beautiful response PL; the very best of gracious libra!
(ps, I should fess up – while I am technically not Scorp, I do have Venus conjunct Neptune on a Scorp ascendant – and SOOO wish I could be truly nonchalant. Even at 50, I haven’t mastered it. Do my best to fake goop face when necessary, but apparently, my eyes go really dark when I am upset and give me away!) x

February 9, 2013 11:36 pm

i agree. merc 8th rX libra trine aqua asc w/ moon. Nonchalance is Key. to playful and fun communication. a nonchalant reverence is good, in recognition of your own and the world around yous’s power

February 9, 2013 11:25 pm

The Soulmating book is GENIUS!! a fave read, and I still love to look stuff up, and re-read and refer to, after all these years! One of the few books I kept over various house-moves.
READ it if it comes your way! – Eros & Psyche x x

February 9, 2013 11:05 pm

Imagine how much candy those two collected last Halloween 🙂

Nonchalance ? Hmmm , well, it depends doesn’t it. Nonchalance about oneself can be attractive, while nc about others can be a bit cool even cruel. Can one of you lit experts give us a root meaning of the word ?

Kels
Kels
February 9, 2013 11:39 pm

I totally agree. Showing you don’t care can come across as uncaring- funnily enough. That floating above all the dirt and grime of other people is self-protecting but I think, at the expense of commonality.

Buckle (Aries, Pisces asc, Gem moon)
Buckle (Aries, Pisces asc, Gem moon)
February 10, 2013 9:53 am
Reply to  Kels

I too was thinking along those lines, but then it occurred to me that the fashion industry could be quite a personal assault at times (I am guessing) if one did not remain nonchalant. Essentially, I think I really do see nonchalance as a self defence, and definitely not as a synonym for ‘calm’.

February 10, 2013 1:14 am

here ya go bruh, c/o google search with “nonchalant etymology”

nonchalant (adj.)
1734, from French nonchalant, prp. of nonchaloir “be indifferent to, have no concern for” (13c.), from non- “not” (see non-) + chaloir “have concern for,” ultimately from Latin calere “be hot” (see calorie). French chaland “customer, client” is of the same origin. Related: Nonchalantly.

February 10, 2013 1:19 am
Reply to  Pi

so I guess if you wanna boil it down, nonchalant = “cool” lol

February 10, 2013 1:20 am
Reply to  Pi

‘boil it down’ … hur hur

Androms
Androms
February 10, 2013 1:44 am
Reply to  Pi

Love you wordy peoples!
🙂 I have a ‘condition’ where I use words without understanding their true meaning. I thought nonchalant meant more of a jaunty and carefree attitude. Will have accept I belong to the reverie dept.

February 10, 2013 9:19 am

Chaleur is warmth, heat. So, essentially, you don’t get het up about stuff.

calypso scorp
calypso scorp
February 10, 2013 11:16 am
Reply to  milleunanotte

funny cos my recent ex did research into and is writing a book on coolness…and yep, Air sign. His nonchalance can be a bit tough to take, ps.

February 10, 2013 8:45 pm
Reply to  calypso scorp

that’s true too. a lot of air can be good for some things, but at other times, you really wonder if they are actually capable of human emotion, empathy/sympathy, etc. blessing / curse, double edged sword etc