Being Sagittarius…In Nashville

Strange things can happen when you have your sponsor planet (Jupiter for Sagittarians) in the opposite sign to yours! You could, for example, be lured via a strange & compelling love/lust scenario into Growth-Tripping. Which is, of course, SO Saggo. There are many questing Sagittarians – this is one of them:

Like Leo in Darwin, I followed all your advice re: ‘stay stuck and you’re fuqed’ to the letter last year. After 12 years in Sydney, I found myself bored and restless and in desperate need of change. I’d reached a point in my dull but well paid media office career that was a one way ticket to mortgage town, obesity due to emotional eating and a life of feeling like I never quite tried hard enough to get what I wanted, even though on paper I guess I’d be what less Uranian peeps might consider successful. I’m a multi-conjuct Saggo. And an aspiring singer/ writer / radio broadcaster and lush (well, that would be the Pisces Rising there…) So, with ‘stay stuck and you’re fuqed’ as my mantra, I quit my job, packed up my guitar and moved to Nashville, Tennessee. It is far and away the best move I have ever made.

How to best explain Nashville? It’s a vibrant, left-of-centre city with a brilliant history. It’s misunderstood as being commercial and crappy and full of rednecks who make bad music. And sure… it has those elements. But there’s also a bustling underground of creative boys and gals who love music across all genres and engage in ideas all the time. People sit around dive bars and geek out about music 24/7. There’s a reverence for the past (George Jones, Patsy Cline, Hank Williams, The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan) as well as an excitement about the future. People are supportive and nourishing and genuinely care about art. For the first time in my life, there’s never that awful question of “so you’re a musician… what’s your real job?”. It’s inspiring. Add to all that, there’s this lovely, heartfelt Southern hospitality and an abundance of fried chicken and free flowing alcohol and thrift stores bursting with bedazzled treasures… Some days I have to pinch myself because I’m so happy and so glad I took to the whole ‘stay stuck and you’re fuqed’ instruction with such enthusiasm.

But the international move hasn’t all been days of wine (plenty) and roses (well, lilies. Once.) You see, I have also been involved in a Love Zombie Scenario. Past tense important here. Sigh. American men have been my Achilles’ heel since my first trip to the USA in 2009. I’m not even going to tally how many American crush going nowhere scenarios I’ve been in because it would just be embarrassing. Still, I left Sydney with half of my heart in the ‘this is a great move for my career and soul and spirit’ category and the other half in the very specific and unrealistic category of ‘I just know it’s going to work out spectacularly well with this age-inappropriate career obsessed midlife crisis of a Capricorn’. I was operating under a romantic theory that has failed me before and will no doubt fail me again, ‘we have the same taste in music, therefore you are my soulmate’. Will I never learn?

Without going into ALL the gory details… I am sorry to say I that just as I spent my first few months in Nashtopia overwhelmed with happiness just to be living in a city that has been home to so many of my elder heroes – Emmy-Lou Harris (Aries), Dolly Parton (Capricorn) and Tammy Wynette (Taurus), I was also overwhelmed with sadness that the Capricorn had all but ignored me since I arrived in town. Admittedly, when I visited him earlier in the year – before making the move – he was in the throes of a full blown meltdown and just about to enroll in a therapy camp (sigh, so very American!) and we didn’t exactly part on great terms. Let’s not sugar coat it, I wrote him a full on letter declaring my undying love and affection to which he never responded. EEP.

But I still moved cities, living in a fantasy land where I thought that he might contact me, we’d date and eventually fuq and we’d be as happy and infatuated as we’d been when we had our first fling in Canada the year before. But it was not to be. And it took me months of non-communication with him, and months of punishing the Oracle and memorizing the advice in the Daily Horoscopes to realize it. During this time, I did manage to write about 30 unrequited love songs though, so I guess, ever the optimist, that was the entire point of the love zombie scenario – to fuel my creativity.

Emma Swift tweets at @em_swift & blogs at Dream A Highway

*The pic is of me with a cardboard cut out of country songwriter Marty Stuart, who I absolutely love. He has a gunmetal coloured mullet. The picture was taken at my favourite store in Nashville, ‘Fanny’s House of Music’ – a little place that sells vintage clothes as well as small body musical instruments for women players.

www.thesundaytimes.co.uk
www.thesundaytimes.co.uk
June 25, 2013 10:08 am

After looking into a handful of the blog
articles on your web page, I really appreciate your way of blogging.
I saved as a favorite it to my bookmark webpage list and will be checking back in the
near future. Please visit my web site too and let me know
your opinion.

Eric Guidetti
Eric Guidetti
April 10, 2013 5:35 am

What also existed then was the electronic ignition system. but it was inside a plain box whose contents most people do not know. Electronic ignition gave off better spars and was almost maintenance free. But such was only found in higher end cars and were generally not present in most compact cars.^

Freshest piece of writing on our own web site
<",http://www.caramoanpackage.com/

Lux Interior is My Co-Pilot
Lux Interior is My Co-Pilot
January 21, 2013 8:28 am

This is such an awesome post. Love, love love.
Go girl! So very Saggo!

Huuuh
Huuuh
January 20, 2013 4:23 pm

Therapy camp? American?

I wish.

just me
just me
January 20, 2013 3:50 pm

I’m a Sag and I went through this in 2008! (almost exactly). I have a stellium in Sag. It all happened when Transit Pluto was conj my Mars and opposite my ASC at 29 Sag.

I look back and think WTF was that??? But, I’m glad I went through it. I fell into my new career (photography) and I have never looked back!

Glad you are enjoying Nashville. I will be moving again, far, far away in the Fall!

flyingtigerfish
flyingtigerfish
January 20, 2013 3:11 pm

Ohhh, Saggo-Fish!
We’re a little bit mirror reflections astrologically, with my Sag. Asc. conjunct Sag. North Node, & Neptune in Sag in my 12th, plus Pisces Sun conj. Merc. retro…..
Just gotta say…I like my wine with adventure too! And I love your candor and Jupiterian vigor!!!
Applause from San Francisco, California, USA for boldly going where your spirit directs you!!!
many blessings!

PollyDarton
PollyDarton
January 20, 2013 3:09 pm

Wow! Thanks for the feedback and encouragement everyone. I think I’ve done my dash with Caps (for now at least) and am just focusing on work and stuff. Hectic, yes. Unromantic, that too. But necessary! Yikes. Love this blog and the incredible people it brings together. Thanks Mystic!

January 20, 2013 3:10 pm

She really does love capricorns, elvis was a capricorn and latest blog.

Maria Padhila
Maria Padhila
January 20, 2013 12:41 pm

This is inspiring and beautiful (and so are you!). I am a flaky, impatient, argumentative Gemini asc/Lib sun and love and have had two ltrs with heavily Capricorn men nonetheless. I just go do five other things while they’re waiting and sleeping and making low gloomy growling sounds. This next observation doesn’t sound very nice, but I’ve also found them to be major name-droppers and star-fuqers (and appreciative of artists), so don’t be shocked if he comes back bearing gifts when your work gets out there. I appreciate their way of doing really nice and difficult things for the people… Read more »

leogroover
leogroover
January 20, 2013 4:30 pm
Reply to  Maria Padhila

yep MP. The one and only Cap I bed was built like a horse but tooooo slow for me.

Suddenly Leo
Suddenly Leo
January 20, 2013 11:34 am

This girl is amazing. Dear Dixie Chick- I’m printing out your picture and putting it on my fridge. I’m making you my mascot for my move. What a ballsy and self-effacing and incredibly actualized Woman!

I hope the meditation nights are led by someone with a sexy Southern accent.

Electric Eel Libran
Electric Eel Libran
January 20, 2013 11:20 am

Oh Bless you Saggo! Just put Cappy in the crapper and flush!

But yes, unrequited love is responsible for fueling oodles of books, music, movies, and other entertainment the world just loves. At least you are making good use of your LZ time!

and don’t worry….having an exotic accent, you should have hordes of American men knocking down your door. They love it!

January 20, 2013 10:08 am

excellent story- it will end well, no doubt about it. with your beautiful courage and heart and face and musicality… superstar for sure! yay!!

WOOHOO
WOOHOO
January 20, 2013 11:22 am

I agree. She has set the foundations in place for good things!

scorpiorising
scorpiorising
January 20, 2013 7:03 am

wow, that guy sounds lame-o.
It’s his loss, you are hot! Good luck and live it up!

What astrological sign is Nashville I wonder?

krissy
krissy
January 20, 2013 6:59 am

Many congrats for having the guts to make such a big change! Sometimes the newness and novelty can make a person go a little batty and follow quixotic paths (and people)… My own experience of moving to the American South echoes yours. Just try to learn from your scrapes and keep dreaming in the feel-good realm, and best of luck!!

Yes, we find the Aussie essence quite captivating! Best of luck!! 🙂

January 20, 2013 5:34 am

nashville is admittedly a pretty awesome music city but i have to represent for my proud city, go to chicago. midwestern hospitality, jazz, blues. music scene is UNTOUCHABLE. in fact all art there is untouchable because people dont let bad/superficial art stand without tearing down bullshit, remorselessly, until whatever artist just decides to leave or try harder to succeed. ‘hollywood is hype, new york is talk, chicago is work’ [said michael douglas]. For real. The true birthday of chicago makes it a leo with leo moon. AHEM, the longest running play on NY’s broadway is called ‘chicago’. wonder why? REAL… Read more »

anoon
anoon
January 20, 2013 5:44 am

Who are you? Let’s have coffee. 🙂

Yeah, and let’s not forget a word for the weather: hot house flowers need not apply here.

January 20, 2013 6:30 am
Reply to  Anonymous

Oh, puhleeze, Houston is where it’s at!!! 🙂 🙂 We’re not killing each other in the streets here, our economy is booming on all levels, our property values are on the RISE, our arts are world-renown, people are coming here in droves, and, and right now on January 19, the temperature right now is 67 F. It will be 47 tonight . . and Chicago tonight will be 16. Enough said.

January 20, 2013 11:23 am
Reply to  Anonymous

I have two thoughts about Houston: I45 and WOOD ROACHES.

OY.

Lived in Houston and was sorry to leave the good food and Tejano but not sorry to get out of Swampy Summers. And not killing in the streets in Houston? Do tell… 🙂

January 20, 2013 4:18 pm

No, you’re wrong. They’re TREE roaches, not Wood roaches. 🙂 🙂 🙂

January 20, 2013 4:27 pm

You are RIGHT!!! Scary-a$$ fuquers, they are, too. 8-0

January 20, 2013 6:33 am
Reply to  Anonymous

And not that I want to compare Houston or any other city to Nashville!! That’s comparing apples and oranges. Nashville is a cool place. Growing up in Texas, I was raised on Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, Tammy Wynette, (she’s a Taurus? That’s perfect for her “Stand By Your Man”)

January 20, 2013 9:57 am
Reply to  Anonymous

DUDE. i agree chicago is a great city but yikes! an exclusive grip on the Truth and Art and Untouchable Greatness is a little extreme, don’t ya think? i’ve seen mediocre art and music there, eaten blah food, experienced as much superficiality and lack of hard coreness as in any other city. along with the brilliance. so there. ;P apologies if you’re insulted- unchecked boosterism is a big pet peeve of mine. i grew up in the midwest and every time i go home i am assaulted by peeps going on and on about how great the cities are, while… Read more »

Double Happiness
Double Happiness
January 20, 2013 12:21 pm

I agree, everywhere there are people making interesting things and often it isn’t in the big cities

January 20, 2013 5:10 pm

oh cool! a city-off! 😀

anoon
anoon
January 21, 2013 4:19 am
Reply to  Pi

Be playin’ the dozens, yo.

Charley
Charley
January 20, 2013 4:04 am

Must say I’m very envious, as a Brit who can find no way around the 90 day visa we get as tourists to go to the USA and it’s the one place in the world I want to be right now.

If it makes you feel better, my past year has been coloured by some i.n.s.a.n.e interactions, scenarios and situations (romantic or otherwise) with Capricorns. Obviously they have a lot on their plates adjusting to Pluto etc, leave him be, he’ll return if it’s a good thing.

anoon
anoon
January 20, 2013 3:00 am

Must defend the middle aged Cap: Life’s a Bit Much Right Now.

Enjoy your youth, your freedom and your passions. Enjoy N’ville. Now’s the time for you to Get It On.

Now’s the time for him to get it on, too. He’s walking a different line, that’s all. Who knows? Maybe you catalyzed his nervous breakdown. Maybe you didn’t. A new catalog of songs is progress.

Just don’t take Taylor Swift’s example and build your career on break-up songs. Not very sexy. And if you’re dating and breaking in Nashville, quite likely he’ll write one about you, too.

January 20, 2013 5:08 pm
Reply to  anoon

sound advice from a (?) Cap.

anoon
anoon
January 21, 2013 1:09 am
Reply to  Pi

Hmph.

Astraea
Astraea
January 20, 2013 2:56 am

“I left Sydney with half of my heart in the ‘this is a great move for my career and soul and spirit’ category and the other half in the very specific and unrealistic category of ‘I just know it’s going to work out spectacularly well with this age-inappropriate career obsessed midlife crisis of a Capricorn’.”

Emma, just like your country femme sangin’ sheroes, that admission just made you destined for Nashville stardom. And you’re a Sagg boot? Sounds like a recipe for unstoppable!

Toro Mother Maybelle and The Carter Family have a special place in my heart.

maryjo
maryjo
January 23, 2013 9:34 am
Reply to  Astraea

Sooo true. I too am a Carter family fan. I loved this post from Emma, definitely full of ‘love gone wrong looking for a song to sing me’ kinds of stuff.
Fantastic insights and courage Emma. All those songs, the heartache/LZ just might be worth it!

Virgo Ellie
Virgo Ellie
January 20, 2013 1:34 am

Are you sure you aren’t Kate Winslet, sister, cousin, etc? That is who I thought you were in the photo. I don’t have any helpful comments but to learn from what you are feeling with regard to your LZ situation. It will bring some great realizations about how to move forward.

Best wishes in Nashville! xo!!

sweetpea
sweetpea
January 20, 2013 12:36 am

Scorp co-worker who has been with us about 6 mo gave notice a week ago.

She is packing up her kids and moving to Georgia. Maybe I should get her birth info and see what she has going on…

sweetpea
sweetpea
January 20, 2013 12:39 am
Reply to  sweetpea

I grew up on the Grand Ol Opry on tv (and Hee Haw and shit lol) ….Dad was born in Iowa…country music all the way.,..

Rox
Rox
January 20, 2013 10:22 am
Reply to  sweetpea

Hee Hee Haw Haw Haw HAW ! lol 😀 x

sweetpea
sweetpea
January 20, 2013 11:31 am
Reply to  Rox

haw, haw…hee …good ta see ya Roxstar x

Rox
Rox
January 20, 2013 2:00 pm
Reply to  sweetpea

hey babes good to see you too ox

I used to live in Iowa. My friend called it ‘I Outta Went Around’ lol.

Lived by Mighty Mississippi… Iowans are sensible, it was quaint and I was happy, so don’t freak Iowans ! hugs sweets

Link
Link
January 20, 2013 12:00 am

This is great to read especially:

“For the first time in my life, there’s never that awful question of “so you’re a musician… what’s your real job?”.

Sometimes I hate Australia. Actually I think I pretty much always hate Australian culture. As a Gilberto remarked to me the other day:

‘What Australian culture?’.

Exactly.

Queenie
Queenie
January 19, 2013 8:33 pm

I personally couldn’t care less what ACA or the Heart Foundation or any of the nutritionists say. What I know is this. When I quit sugar, I lost weight. My skin fitted me better. I slept at night all night without waking up to wee or having disturbing dreams. My mood swings went away. I was calm. When I started to eat sugar again, I suffered a terrible bout of depression, almost self-harming, which lasted for the whole time I was eating sugary foods. I have observed this happening to me through my teens. I slept badly. My mood swings… Read more »

Queenie
Queenie
January 19, 2013 8:38 pm
Reply to  Queenie

PS, what is more dangerous? A sugar-free diet, Zoloft, Xanax, or sleeping pills? Oh, wait, the last three have already been outed. I think I’ll eat my medicine.

Porkchop
Porkchop
January 19, 2013 8:58 pm
Reply to  Queenie

ooh well done!!!!
i am about to quit sugar too (but not grains, am a vegetarian and think that would be too limiting for me personally). it would be heavenly to be able to get a good night’s sleep…

January 20, 2013 11:41 pm
Reply to  Porkchop

Oooh this is great, I’m thinking of cutting sugar too! Did you cut fruit out too Queenie?

Yes a long deep sleep would be heavenly fo sure…. I would like to not creak and ache so much too!

Smudge
Smudge
January 19, 2013 8:51 pm
Reply to  Queenie

Good on you Queenie! You’re doing what everyone should be! Just thinking……am I reading the wrong blog?

January 20, 2013 4:32 am
Reply to  Queenie

Um what? Are you a saggo and hence a link to this topic? I’m confused.

emily
emily
January 20, 2013 9:08 am
Reply to  Queenie

I stopped eating carbs and sugar last year and lost 60 lbs./25 kilos. She is right it works.

leo-scorp grrl
leo-scorp grrl
January 20, 2013 8:00 pm
Reply to  Queenie

Yea for you posting this and listening to your body and how YOU feel. I thought I was on my way to some auto immune disease diagnosis when I quit wheat. I got healty. I now eat limited grains. I don’t listen when “professionals” tell me what my body can tolerate. When I quit sugar for candida issues, I dropped a few more pounds and my skin has been great!!! Some sugar has crept back in and my face gets a little break out if I over do the sweets. Why? Do you or anyone else know? I have read… Read more »

January 19, 2013 8:23 pm

I thought I recognised the name!! Abbe May shared this link (on facey) to Emma Swift’s blog – about some patronising jerk who had the nerve to talk down to her. I hope all the ladies involved don’t mind me sharing the link because it shows how cool and nice she is.

January 20, 2013 4:30 am
Reply to  Pi

I wanna know if he replied

January 20, 2013 8:00 am
Reply to  Pi

wish you didn’t feel the need to post it. Mystic’s post is standalone.

virgolicious
virgolicious
January 20, 2013 8:31 am
Reply to  Anonymous

Hey! Don’t be so rude! Everyone is welcome to comment here and add bits of info – that’s what makes this a great place to be. It’s a SHARING place.

The link to the blog up in the post is broken, so I’m grateful to Pi fo posting and backgrounding.

January 20, 2013 9:41 am
Reply to  virgolicious

agree. i was bummed the link was broken too. thanks for posting it, pi!

January 20, 2013 5:00 pm
Reply to  Anonymous

ah. well if anon is the lady herself, then I indeed sincerely apologise. To be clear, my logic was that since we were told who this person is, were invited to follow her twitter feed and visit her blog, then I figured that it would not be inappropriate. Also I think it’s good context you know? Part of the Saggi journey and the story in the link that I attached really is relevant – imo – to many of the personal journeys we’ve been on.
xx

January 20, 2013 5:06 pm
Reply to  Pi

plus, i mean, when are mystic’s posts ever standalone? confused.

numoon
numoon
January 20, 2013 6:02 pm
Reply to  Pi

i agree, it is like that feeling of everything on the internet has to be taken in the context of everything else on the internet! standalone just does not really ‘fit’ anymore

Double Happiness
Double Happiness
January 19, 2013 7:43 pm

Love this crazy c&w song of a love story! Good luck sweetie hope you rocket to stardom!

Smudge
Smudge
January 19, 2013 7:19 pm

Gorgeous sassy saggg…..poor old Cappy! Have one word for for him (which is not usually associated with Caps, I know)……..Loser!

WOOHOO
WOOHOO
January 19, 2013 6:39 pm

I have been mulling around in my mind for months starting a blog/tumblr/whatever on being a city girl now living in a small mining town. But I hate putting my face to things. And I’ve been so rambley of late.

I love these reader accounts though Mystic!

Waterfey
Waterfey
January 19, 2013 7:00 pm
Reply to  WOOHOO

I reckon you should give it a go Woo Hoo! I always like reading what you say here. You don’t have to put your physical face up there – you can follow Mystic’s eg and find/create a face that represents the blogging you. Anyway, just an unsolicited opinion from a Gem for a surprise – lol.

January 20, 2013 2:01 am
Reply to  WOOHOO

yeah, woohoo. The important thing I think is to have your own distinctive style. You have that. You’re in tune with your inner self, and are able to give voice to it. Even rambly is fine, it doesn’t have to be all super-woman direct-to-the-point . . .because it is your genuine self in real-life genuine growth. Human. Go for it.

January 20, 2013 6:55 am
Reply to  WOOHOO

And you think my daily life peeps know my shenanigans as femme ruthless? 🙂 Those are my real legs up (I know, I know) and shod in glossy red killer heels, but my face, ah no. I have a “respectable” job and wouldn’t want my privacy intruded on. I think you’ll find your way into sharing the realness of your feelings about your experience, without having to do it up all “reality” style you know?

Have fun with it, you never know who you’re helping/inspiring/consoling by sharing a little bit of you with the world.

January 20, 2013 10:02 am
Reply to  WOOHOO

do it do it do it!!

WOOHOO
WOOHOO
January 20, 2013 11:14 am

By gosh I think I will then….

When I cheer up a bit over ex-lover leaving and successfully complete the however many stages of loss and grief there are. Haha. I’m back at hoping his life is absolutely miserable and that his girlfriend cheats on him like he did to her. Mmmmm, my maturity levels are low at this point. Where did that love I was feeling go? Oh yes, it got buried under all that rejection.

Whoa! Didn’t see that coming when I started typing.

leogroover
leogroover
January 20, 2013 4:20 pm
Reply to  WOOHOO

yay Woohoo go Girlfriend to many MM peeps

January 20, 2013 5:45 pm
Reply to  WOOHOO

awww. here, have a song.

and a hug. or 10. the anger stage is the most fun, ha. make it good. xoxox

January 19, 2013 6:14 pm

Oh wow.

Two things: a) I reckon Capricorn men just do not move fast enough for anyone vaguely Sadge. (I have Mars in Sadge and have always run out of patience long before anything could get started). Surely there are men more at your speed?

b) Nashville is AWESOME. My dear friend the Leo Who Found God lives there with her husband who works in the music industry (lighting design for concerts). She utterly loves it and being Leo adores all the attention she receives for being an “Aussie”. Lucky lucky you to be having your adventure there too. Enjoy!

WOOHOO
WOOHOO
January 19, 2013 6:37 pm

Cappy rising here! Regarding the first point. Yes. I see people drift away all the time and leave me for others because I want to wait, wait til the time is right, wait for the proof, wait for the hard work. Turn around and BAM some fire sign has come along and taken everything I wanted away! Or the air sign has blown away with the last puff of smoke.

January 19, 2013 8:26 pm
Reply to  WOOHOO

building castles on sand is not the Cap style, that’s fo sho. xxx

January 20, 2013 6:50 am

I second everything TA said. I’ve been to Nashville and it is ROMANTIC, in the real sense of that word. Like a little hollow time touched in just the right places, plus yes, you still get grits for breakfast if you fancy it. As for Cappies..oh babe, TA’s right. The Sons of Saturn DO NOT rush. Ever. If Uranians are on Mayan-Space time, Cappos are on Sun Dial. SUN DIAL. Do we call that pre-analog? Oh, whatevs. I’m a Kataka who’s only ever been involved with ONE Capp, from three years ago who’s still loitering around. Cognizant of his slowness,… Read more »

January 20, 2013 8:07 am
Reply to  fallen angel

I too have been Capricorned. Pluto there has to be responsible! You may not recall my mention of Capricorn Marine Policeman? I swear it took him 17 years to get around to making a move. No, wait. It was me who finally bludgeoned him over the head and dragged him into the bedroom. Prior to that he was happy to come over and act all husbandly – mowing the lawns, chopping wood (yes – really), cooking mexican food for our combined nine children. I mean – for YEARS. By the time it happened the fire had almost gone out and… Read more »

January 20, 2013 10:06 am

OH my gawd how is that even possible?? 17 years??? and you all fiery… madness! if it’s going to happen with me it’ll happen in 3 hours or less. bless you for your patience. 🙂

WOOHOO
WOOHOO
January 20, 2013 11:16 am

Yes, I cannot even fathom keeping in contact with a person for 17years.

January 20, 2013 1:29 pm
Reply to  WOOHOO

Fear not. For many of those years the aforementioned Capricorn Marine Policeman was married to my friend. Thus he was OFF LIMITS. No patience required.

January 20, 2013 2:49 pm

caps show their love in practical ways… better than a layabout sex god who also sponges off you all the time? or perhaps everything has its place… 🙂

LOL to FA’s sun-dial and C14th descriptions… laugh of recognition re caps in my life… but just think! sun dials never break down. you can make one anywhere. they’re still around because they work. like an abacus. if that’s not an analogy for the capricorn raisin d’etre * then I don’t know what is 🙂

* typo intended. just cos

January 20, 2013 2:50 pm
Reply to  Anonymous

then again there’s nothing quite like feeling like the (consensually) curvaceous prey of a hot lusty objet de lust.

January 20, 2013 7:17 pm
Reply to  Anonymous

that is true about the sodding sun dial.. lol

hummingbird
hummingbird
January 21, 2013 7:02 pm

Ha yes venus in Aries & mars in Sagg here too – & am exactly the same! Dating (oh past tense now) the Uranian double Virgo with strong saturn (rising, conjunct merc, sextile venus etc so ergo Cap) & I’d keep flitting off as was so unsure of his feelings. He did finally admit his love for me very recently – after a YEAR of on-off r’ship & all sorts of other words/phrases to tell me how he felt… “Love is not a word I use lightly” …mayb Cap’s motto??!!

hummingbird
hummingbird
January 21, 2013 7:05 pm
Reply to  hummingbird

I wanted action & fast professions of undying love..natch…& being gem, aqua rising, sag moon I’d then bugger off VERY fast …so insights into my psyche galore with this 1 – prob what kept me so intrigued for a year & always going back for more…hmm

January 22, 2013 4:56 am
Reply to  hummingbird

Hummingburd Hun, yo man is a speed freak compared to the ones TA & I encountered 🙂

January 20, 2013 10:06 am
Reply to  fallen angel

Wait, HE who made pancakes the next morning after the supposed one night stand was a Capricorn?! And pray, I’m trying to imagine his loverly demeanor along the lines of being a policeman but I have poor references (I was once Officer Friendly, ever handy with a crop and baton) so do clarify. It’s SO disappointing though… NOT that the CCW is any yard stick (the stick is good but stodgy) to go by as far as le romance is concerned. Pretty much it’s a lot of talk-talk-talk on his part whilst nervously glancing at my dead-on stare in the… Read more »

January 20, 2013 1:33 pm
Reply to  fallen angel

Yeah, the policeman aspect (even though he was no longer an actual policeman) of his persona was as boring as they come. What happened after the bedding was that he acted like nothing had happened. Not a word. It was like he’d fast-forwarded to old age and suddenly I was no longer the woman he’d wanted for years and years and invested a vagillion hours seducing me with, um, domestic and fatherly superiority (and he WAS such a great dad). I didn’t rate a phone call, a single sweet nothing whispered or a ‘I finally got her!’ shouted from the… Read more »

January 20, 2013 2:53 pm

(finally realised I was posting as an anon) oh, that’s …. like totally not cool? ew. disappointing. it’s cap’s like these…

January 20, 2013 7:14 pm

Incidentally, I also happen to be writing about El Cappo on my blog as we started this.. so annoying. But for anyone who wants the commiseration, sympathy, insight and chagrin of dealing with one, read on.

January 20, 2013 5:10 pm
Reply to  fallen angel

Hmm, bet your Moon in Libra just LOVED that, Not! Mine wasn’t a whole lot better, his SOP is to email/call/text the day after seeing me, to ask, “So..are you okay? How do you feel?” It’s all very post-surgery vs post-intimacy you know? It then takes a few days after that for him to shyly confess how hot it was, etc etc. but this is usually after conversations peppered with work. Anyway, after he figured out I was by-passing his Capricorn Force Field via super-nova sex complete with full-on emoting (because how can he help but express himself once under… Read more »

January 20, 2013 7:06 pm
Reply to  fallen angel

Oh God. I’m exhausted just reading about it.

January 20, 2013 7:16 pm
Reply to  fallen angel

Yes! Can you imagine how tiresome this man would be full time??!

January 20, 2013 10:26 pm
Reply to  fallen angel

My cap moon just sighed in depressed recognition. You mean people can be more forward? After all this time… no wonder I am such a shit flirt / progressor of Matters Love/Lust. *pulls face / rolls eyes at self* lolololololololol

January 20, 2013 10:41 pm
Reply to  Pi

lucky I can at least deploy cleavage / legs and stand within relevant hottie’s personal space, body talk… thus saving me from most crash and burn self-initiated flirtspeak experiences.

January 21, 2013 6:59 am
Reply to  Pi

Long live cleavage/leg power!

January 20, 2013 4:12 pm
Reply to  fallen angel

‘ Needless to say, I’ve adopted a two-speed love economy’. Priceless FA. My lament as well with my Mars in taurus man . Glacial to get to this point of comfort with him.

Lux Interior is My Co-Pilot
Lux Interior is My Co-Pilot
January 22, 2013 9:06 am

Me too!!

I’m on two speeds! There’s the get-it-while-it’s hot and the glacial-waiting-game…keep them separate and they co-exist quite nicely!