Rise Above The Dark Moon Blues

YES it is totally normal to get neurotic during a Dark Moon in Virgo but the Sun also rises and next week’s New Moon Solar Eclipse in Scorpio – the Reset Moon – is going to be a doozie.

Daily Horoscopes for Friday are posted now and with all the pertinent info about your Nowness.  Check them out plus Still I Rise – an excellent Dark Moon poem from the archives.

Image: Michael Thompson W Magazine

, , ,

Pegasus
Pegasus
November 9, 2012 11:41 am

I’m putting out my fire with gasoline. Internalising my distress. The dreams tho’ have been very pleasant with treasured dead friends, relies & lovers visiting me. Message must be ‘you are not alone’, i guess. After hearing my lawyer whose sign i don’t know, in court in the ‘Case of the Lady with the White garden Spade’, told him to ‘man up’ all after hearing him talk during pre-trial hearing, all 6’2″ & 90 kilos of him. Two hours later he emails me a huge bill on top of what i have paid! Thought i was hiring a warrior not… Read more »

November 9, 2012 1:34 pm
Reply to  Pegasus

I bet the lawyer was a Libran, if you were telling him to man up. Lol

Veronica
Veronica
November 9, 2012 3:03 pm
Reply to  Pegasus

So sorry to hear this, been missing reading your very interesting and usually light -hearted comments. This sounds so difficult’

Perhaps not the right lawyer? A friend had a terrible old lawyer respresent her in a settlement case against her ex-husband, and the man was really rude and condescending toward her, almost as if he felt she didn’t deserve the money, even though she was his client. Anyway, she changed lawyer after the first time, and things improved.

twinfishrising
twinfishrising
November 9, 2012 11:33 am

Something to listen to while you ponder the reset rules. This track is called Put Your Head Down. The band hit Kpop top and then disbanded to become a duo but their songs are resonating with me at the mo’. Perhaps it’s the warrior themes and the taiko drums or the dark side of neptunian mythical elements in their videos ( do we still call them that even though there are no video players in use anymore?) … they have another timely track called Rising Sun which is about new beginnings…..

twinfishrising
twinfishrising
November 9, 2012 11:34 am
Reply to  twinfishrising

lol, what a dag I am, KEEP Your Head Down even. mercury , oh mercury, tisk, tisk!

huuuh
huuuh
November 9, 2012 9:56 am

I just got my uni acceptance letter and I am feeling super emo. I’ve been trudging along… just trudging forward. For awhile I lost sight of my goal.
After being utterly discouraged to do this thing for myself by my family, I feel like I’ve made it over some massive hump.

The eclipse will be conjunct venus/saturn/mc in the 9th in my chart.

twinfishrising
twinfishrising
November 9, 2012 12:00 pm
Reply to  huuuh

Congrats huuh, on uni acceptance. Always a great cause for celebration.
With Venus and Saturn on MC you are bound for something seriously lovely in your public life. Sounds like the eclipse could cause a bit of a stir for you. Take it easy on yourself and if your family or anyone discourages you, just close your eyes and listen to the sound of grass growing over them. Your life, not theirs.

Oran Mor
Oran Mor
November 9, 2012 6:34 am

I had my ‘Neptunian delusion’ lifted.. As anyone who’s read recent posts of mine will note Neptunes been opposing my sun since he got into Pisces so yeah, it’s the romancey side of life affected. Hurting pretty intensely, although I am strangely calm about it. I’ve got a pretty long night ahead of me (dealing with this person, seeing them with someone else, etc) and then over the weekend I’m going through a rebirthing healing given by a beloved and trusted friend. Hoping that helps clear the 24 years of trauma I’ve built up since I was ‘born’. I really… Read more »

hiddendragonqueen
hiddendragonqueen
November 9, 2012 7:35 am
Reply to  Oran Mor

aww, i’m so sorry. millions of hugs for you. destructing everything before the rebirth- sounds perfect. hope it’s wonderful and healing. xoxoxox

Oran Mor
Oran Mor
November 9, 2012 7:58 am

I really don’t know what to think about this aspect of life anymore to be honest. There’s a part of me thats somewhat fearful that this continuing slow Neptune transit is just going to supply me with years and years of delusional and deceptive relationships, if any at all. I really hope I just learn the cosmic lesson this time around and that’s the end of it…

Electric Eel Libran
Electric Eel Libran
November 9, 2012 8:09 am
Reply to  Oran Mor

Maybe the eclipse will be able to give you a fresh start! Here’s to hoping!

Oran Mor
Oran Mor
November 9, 2012 8:19 am

I don’t think it’s possible that it won’t ^_^ As it stands my intentions for the eclipse are pretty much a request to the universe to give me the direction and clarity I wish for to do whatever it is I need to do. Like, I want the path/directions to become really clear, as every aspect of my life is pretty hazy right now. I have a natal Venus trine north node/sextile south node aspect so I can see from the former half of the aspect that my relationships play a massive part in how I perceive and direct my… Read more »

12th house virgo
12th house virgo
November 10, 2012 1:00 am
Reply to  Oran Mor

Oran – If you were as in love as I suspect you were, you probably didn’t expect much from this person, only that you would get some time together. So, understand, that’s the Universes plan for you. That you exist. Now, these expectations that you’ve set – they’re creative acts of yours. They are layers put on top of what you feel you want, and what you really want is harmony, peace, belonging, all that mushy-gushy stuff that having a kid, a family, professional success and whatnot fail to provide so many. Remember the love. Its all that lasts around… Read more »

Oran Mor
Oran Mor
November 9, 2012 9:59 am
Reply to  Oran Mor

Just noticed that the Eclipse falls in my natal 5th house…

hmm..fitting..

November 9, 2012 10:47 am
Reply to  Oran Mor

Be kind to yourself Oran.
Holy crap ecilpse is exact in my 5th house. Fark!

Oran Mor
Oran Mor
November 9, 2012 10:58 am
Reply to  Anonymous

Trying my best, I promise x

Aphrodite Rising
Aphrodite Rising
November 9, 2012 1:35 am

I’m having a lovely, zen-like time unpacking all my crystals at long last. I’ve decided to lighten up and let quite a few go. So far, no good. Two for me, one for the sale box. But oh, it’s heavenly re-connecting with all my favourite, beautiful crystals and feeling their lovely energies enveloping me again.

Pi
Pi
November 8, 2012 11:57 pm

huh. I didn’t ever know these were Maya Angelou’s words: As soon as I started reading I heard Ben Harper’s interpretation 🙂 Yes it’s great. Thanks Mystic. Just what I needed to see.. xx

Isobel
Isobel
November 8, 2012 10:14 pm

Conjunct my Juno and Fortuna! I’m waiting for a crucial document for my divorce – once it’s file – I’m free!

Eclipses have long-term effects, no? My boyfriend and I are dying to tell everyone we’re engaged.

November 8, 2012 11:31 pm
Reply to  Isobel

Maybe sit on that announcement until this Mercury Retrograde is over. End of November, that is.

How about a holiday announcement instead? Very festive for all who support you and gives a little time for everyone to digest and/or mourn the deceased marriage.

Isobel
Isobel
November 9, 2012 4:09 am
Reply to  Anonymous

Oh, we aren’t planning to say anything until it actually goes through, in about 6 months. But I agree, there should be time between the divorce and the announcement, especially since I live very far from my family and many of my pre-boyfriend friends.

Savannah
Savannah
November 8, 2012 9:08 pm

I remember reading that amazing poem when you posted Myst, then again when mentioned it in a consult, but today it is more pertinent

November 8, 2012 8:13 pm

The eclipse is conjunct my stellium in scorpio, on uranus conjunct merc/sun with NN on mercury.

Fire Fish
Fire Fish
November 8, 2012 10:01 pm
Reply to  Ms.

Its on my NN while Neptune is toddling over my Asc! Not sure what it means exactly other than perhaps a whole lotof watery BOOOM! 🙂 We’ll soon see… good luck with that whacky unexpected communication situation?

gbs
gbs
November 9, 2012 12:28 am
Reply to  Ms.

It’ll fall on my Sun and Neptune. Anyone have experience with a solar eclipse conjuncting one or both of these planets in their chart?

Rebecca
Rebecca
November 9, 2012 12:32 am
Reply to  gbs

Last year I had it on my Sun/Neptune in Sag in the 6th house. My Grandma passed away after I took care of her for 2 years. It doesn’t have to be this extreme but I went bat-shit crazy since I didn’t know what to do with myself with all the extra time. (I’m guessing that relates to the 6th house- change of daily routine). I would look to see what house it is in…

gbs
gbs
November 9, 2012 1:38 am
Reply to  Rebecca

Thanks, Rebecca. It’ll fall in my Sixth House, too. I think you are right on about a change in daily routine.

hiddendragonqueen
hiddendragonqueen
November 9, 2012 7:56 am
Reply to  gbs

seconding that notion. last june’s lunar eclipse on my 6th neptune- complete sea-change of routine. of everything really. end of so many illusions and habituated reality…

Scorched Earth
Scorched Earth
November 9, 2012 9:45 am

One degree off Neptune in my 6th.

There has already been enough in that house of late.

November 9, 2012 8:40 am
Reply to  Ms.

maybe its a bomb..?lol

November 8, 2012 8:10 pm

My life is very strange right now, but I am alright, Just stupidly busy due to snafu via others re timing and gettingshittogether despite what was nifty planning and there is nothing I can do about it. Trying to change my hours and lifestyle to accommodate newness but no one is being flexible or reasonable. Tired. Fantasizing escaping the ratrace.

Savannah
Savannah
November 8, 2012 9:10 pm
Reply to  Ms.

This is not like our Scorpy Ms! Hang in there woman of pithy comments :). Love your stuff.

November 9, 2012 8:36 am
Reply to  Savannah

XX

back in black later just got to deal with the serious shitfight right now. Your words are very kind to hear, esp today

Savannah
Savannah
November 9, 2012 6:03 pm
Reply to  Ms.

You like my Scorpy girlfriend don’t always say heaps of words but short little snippets that sticks in ones head. Hers the other day was “no ones pisses me off like I do” lol! Or my favorite of yours when someone was lamenting a recent break up sometime ago…..”het hot get another” I’ve used that line so many times….kick arse! And your avatars are sassy 🙂

November 9, 2012 8:14 pm
Reply to  Savannah

some breakups you have to process emotionally, some you have to scrub your mind back to its former glory where you are in the right to be amazingly hot and sexual on the market. people do too much of the above when there was never that much emotion in the first place. Your mate sounds cool. Thanks again chook xx

Pi
Pi
November 8, 2012 11:53 pm
Reply to  Ms.

Bah it sux when one is surrounded by idiots. x

November 9, 2012 8:38 am
Reply to  Pi

its been hideously consistent for a few years now. seriously wedged right now. x

AliceA
AliceA
November 8, 2012 8:02 pm

I just needed this blog – and GORGEOUS poem! Thanks Myst.

Quadrupled
Quadrupled
November 8, 2012 7:22 pm

Slow burn.

AnotherAnony
AnotherAnony
November 8, 2012 7:08 pm

22 of Scorpio, I think.

Sleep states are not great chez moi either, my 16 year old autistic boy pulled an all-nighter last night and slept all day in class. I went to sleep about 5 am and got up at 7. Hypnos, why has thou deserted us!

Liz
Liz
November 9, 2012 3:45 am
Reply to  AnotherAnony

You need your sleep and I hope you get to have it in healthy doses sometime soon! May I ask you a question in regard to your son? More than just out of curiosity AnotherAnony I’m wondering if you’re son has ever tried using a weighted blanket for sleeping and/or a weighted lap cover for focus at school; and what your sense is about these. My sis-in-law has 2 autistic children and I am considering making each of them a blanket and lap cover. The cost for materials adds up to more than just an experiment would warrant and I… Read more »

dreamblue
dreamblue
November 9, 2012 8:46 am
Reply to  Liz

I have a friend who made a weighted blanket for her friends daughter, she said it worked like magic! She also mentioned that it was a bit tricky to get the weight ratio right but other then that it was the only way the littoe girl could sleep. 🙂 hope that helps a bit.
Blessings

November 9, 2012 12:16 pm
Reply to  dreamblue

Thanks DreamB that does help – a lot! I am waiting for an answer on the appropriate weight for each piece for each child. I think my sister in law thinks I am being anal asking for the right weights. I do have a plan on how to best distribute the weight across the blanket once I get the numbers. Thanks again =]

Liz
Liz
November 9, 2012 2:35 pm
Reply to  Anonymous

^me

November 8, 2012 6:59 pm

Does anybody know what degree the next eclipse will be, its in Scorpio right? This is one hell of a bumpy ride for my ascendanOr self more aptly… I found myself screaming at Jupiter for being on my sun and for putting on weight, and its all in the eighth house so its even more intense, worse… I’ve just had a really intense day… I don’t understand the astro, all my instincts say get out! But astro says stay put! Work is shit!… I need work that is respectful, I can’t cope w the values of not giving a ashit… Read more »

November 8, 2012 10:11 pm

Thanks mm, I will review your eclipse rules, I did read this morn and that feels like a decade ago. I’m going to do some planning on Sat so I can transform!

Quadrupled
Quadrupled
November 9, 2012 6:27 am

Mystic, your 8th rule just saved me from doing something I would definitely regret later. Whew! It was a close call.

Beatrice
Beatrice
November 8, 2012 6:48 pm

Oh Mystic, Friday is so accurate. I only wish it were possible to do an “eternal sunshine” on my mind. Spotless is a lot easier said than done. Certainly there would be some compensation if I was able to turn it into some fab art (that generated a boatload of cash.)

fallen angel