Voila Napoleon – ultra-Leo, Emperor and a man considered to be the greatest military genius of all time. This picture drew my attention because of what looks to be astrological detailing around the side of the awesome rug beneath his throne. You think?
Napoleon is also a fantastic astro example – he had Mars-Neptune conjunct in Virgo trine Uranus in Taurus and Pluto in Capricorn. That’s Mars in a Grand Earth Trine involving all the outer planets. Cue history. He was Scorpio Rising at Zero Degrees. Yes, the birth chart of this revolutionary was eerily similar to the astro of now.
He was also Moon in Capricorn (great motivation for feeling like nothing you do is ever good enough lol).
When not conquering, he was renowned for his (highly Leo) vanity. These facts from the Daily Life Of Napoleon make me think he could actually have been Libra Rising…
* He had a horror of bad smells.
* He was obsessive about maintaining a cheerful demeanor – no hint or mention of fatigue – ever.
* Centuries before it was fashionable, he dry-skin brushed, sometimes twice a day.
* He spent two hours a day in a bath with rose water and almonds, often conducting his meetings from the bath.
* He adopted the bee as his personal symbol and had it added/embroidered onto everything he owned. Bees were considered symbols of hard work, ingenuity and – he felt – a reminder to extract the honey from life. Bee symbolism is also blazingly magic, of course.
The concept of taking a symbol or a fortunate talisman and weaving it in all around your life is totes Leo. Think of Coco Chanel and her use of the number 5/the Lion Symbol.
So guys here is some take-home Leo-style wisdom from Napoleon: Adopt and use a personal symbol in your everyday life, smell sensational, always vibe UP (so as to inspire your troops) and dry skin body brushing at least once a day is fab for the lymphatics. We know this. And if Napoleon could find the time, so can we.