Gestalt Your Astro

At 19, I went to an astrology conference. Well actually i gatecrashed it. Before Saturn Return, i operated almost purely in Uranian mode. Aqua Rising/Mars conjunct Uranus in the 8th, you understand. It was the first and last conference i ever went to for anything. (South Node in the 11th House f.y.i)

BUT i always remember the Astrological Gestalt session because they drew a massive big circle on the floor and then got different people to act out the chart. So Saturn went absolutely ape at the Venus he was squaring and the actors playing Mercury and Neptune huddled in the 12th House together drinking wine. It went on from there. The Pluto transit bit – where the Pluto character came out in a red cape and knocked over the Moon chick was particularly memorable.

Can you see how this just might evoke a better understanding of your chart?  In the absence of the resources available to hire your own theatre troupe to stage your chart and transits, you are supposed to just sort of imagine and do the dialogue between the players in your chart. You first find the closest aspects or the ones you think are most important and then you go for it. Planets/Sun/Moon etc that trine one another will naturally just sort of get along and have heaps in common but it’s the planets that barely want to talk to one another but HAVE to (your squares and oppositions or conjunctions between the most unlikely allies) that will deliver you the psych-juice you need.

So, what are you waiting for?  As always with D.I.Y. Astro, the more astro-erudite peeps will happily help out those less used to trawling through their charts. If you don’t have a chart, go visit Astrodienst…Then come back and start a conversation!

Image: Chen Chongping

July 3, 2012 12:49 am

awesome 🙂

Chrysalis
Chrysalis
June 30, 2012 12:50 pm

Oh wow, cool idea! Not sure I’m getting this right but here goes. Please note the crapness of some of the films mentioned here in no way reflects my actual taste in films. Neptune in Scorp 4th conj IC: Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf meets Mommie Dearest Venus sq Neptune: Ghost meets Nine and a Half Weeks The just-finished Neptune transit over my Venus: Adjustment Bureau – star-crossed lovers attempt to beat ‘fate’. Old guys in suits were in fact the Saturn collective surrounding his moon (played by Matt Damon) Sun/Saturn/Merc in 7th: About Last Night. Demi Moore playing my… Read more »

sunshine
sunshine
June 30, 2012 10:00 am

How can you tell if things are opposing? I just learned houses the other week and fell over in my chair. I reallly appreciate the advice!!

Love you guys.

Electric Eel Libran
Electric Eel Libran
June 30, 2012 3:47 am

Hmmm….if my planets were people:

Saturn is like the “soup nazi” in my 7th house except with relationships and not actual soup. (catch some seinfeld on youtube if you don’t understand “soup nazi”.) matched up with psycho Chiron in the 5th and overly fussy Venus in Virgo who is squared dirty-old-man Neptune. Before I can even get a relationship, I have to run the gauntlet with these twerps.

Electric Eel Libran
Electric Eel Libran
June 30, 2012 3:53 am

But at least I have a 10th house stellium with Sun-Uranus-Mars-Pluto. If i had to gve them names:
The Sun: El Jefe
Uranus: The Circus Freak
Mars: Captain Super- Jock/Soldier
Pluto: Mr. Underworld

They are guaranteed that I will not go hungry or be bored in my job. Cappy Jupiter in the 2nd agrees. So yay!

Scorp Moon in the 12th says I need a lot of alone time and combined with Uranus-Sun means I do not play well with others (unless they are like me).

June 29, 2012 8:11 pm

I was thinking something along these lines the other day when I was wearing my ‘I’m shagging a rock star’ coat. Not about theatre troops, but more about how the way I feel when I’m wearing that coat (70’s sheep skin knee length number complete with big cow fur cuffs, collar and trim, and swirly embroidery) and how it is a perfect manifestation of Saturn/cancer12th conjunct Leo/Mars rising, and the way it interacts with my Jupiter/Mid heaven Venus conduction. A little bit full of myself, a little bit embarrassed, looking hot, super cosy, a little bit full of myself and… Read more »

Pegasus
Pegasus
June 30, 2012 11:57 am
Reply to  Anonymous

OMG i had one of those coats in the 70’s, what i didn’t know was how others would react to the smell in a crowded music joint coz they were cured in goats piss or some such
methodoise. They were really rare or some one had to have brought it back from Istanbul.
You have one Heart of Hippie?
It was worn to Billy Thorpe & the Aztecs gigs and yes i was….(not Billy tho’)

June 29, 2012 6:40 pm

well as a sun 5th house and my astro signature mercury 5th house I naturally would employ a stage troupe to enact this, as it’s scorpio it might be more a greek tragedy but I am sure uranus would be voting for theater of cruelty ala antonin artaud or some dada peice. something awesome re astrodeinst (www.astro.com) in the free charts section in methods press the last of 3, Pullen/Astrolog Go to in the drop down menu> Simple Chart delineation by walter pullen Press click here to see this chart. Read 😀 It gives your your planet percentages way down… Read more »

June 29, 2012 8:00 pm
Reply to  Ms.

OMG that is the best thing ever!! Something always wanted to know too. The above post woulda been much simpler had I used this. Completely shocking to me is the weighting on Neptune at 50. I didn’t know that this was my heaviest influence? But it makes sense in terms of my interests. I am not sure why it is the most weighty influence, apart from a trine with the Sun there is not much else I can perceive going on. Mercury is kinda obvious as a no.1 for you though!! Along with the Sun, lovely… Weirdly Saturn is second… Read more »

June 29, 2012 8:08 pm
Reply to  andromeda

oh, it says it is Neptune’s sextile with Pluto that is the key. Are we looking at the same thing? Is this more about aspects and their weighting? It is really curious.

June 29, 2012 8:16 pm
Reply to  andromeda

Hehe, you have a guru and you are surprised you have neptune at 50%? 😛 x It is an interesting read though no? I only found this a month ago but how awesome is it? Neptune Saturn sounds like a very interesting balance for a Leo sun. Yeah I am obvious in mine I was like, yep. Mercury all over. But my Pluto has 20 aspects and its my 3rd largest force right after the Sun. Does not take away from the strength of conjunctions and the like no though. Funny, I am always deeply inspired by mercurial inspired things.… Read more »

creatrix
creatrix
June 30, 2012 12:05 am
Reply to  Ms.

Wait, wait – you called him a guru, not me! This creatrix has no guru in this incarnation. I have friends. Some of them jog my memory, these I call teachers. So exciting re your secret id branding! Am tied in knots atm, searching for a name for my domain/web site/business. I have been writing text and doing all the images…no name. Sooo hard, awesome you have yours good to go. Hermes is divine. Ok, question, is this the chart to which you refer? E.g. Planet: Position Aspects Total Rank Percent Sun: 50.0 ( 5) + 12.7 (10) = 62.7… Read more »

June 30, 2012 12:16 am
Reply to  creatrix

ah my apologies doll. could have sworn there was a guru in there somewhere but loki playing trick on the memory. Yes the percentages from memory are near the bottom that give the planet, element sign and such percentages after the individual aspect and house reading. Merc Jupiter Venus it is 🙂

June 29, 2012 8:36 pm
Reply to  andromeda

Neptune at 50%, not 50 total number? 50% is amazing.

You would get the obelisk on the elephant’s back, then, Lady of the Suspended Rock of Magritte.

creatrix
creatrix
June 30, 2012 12:07 am
Reply to  milleunanotte

According to the % list (not the aspect list) my strongest is Merc. (Not the brightest Mercury in the building obviously!!!). But thanks for awarding me the obelisk anyway sweetie!

FireyGBSomething
FireyGBSomething
June 30, 2012 12:32 am
Reply to  creatrix

it’s v cool … am merc 15%, then mars 12% venus/nep/jup all at 10% so no real peaks

June 30, 2012 7:30 am

So many Mercurials! No real peaks either, but that isn’t a bad thing. Merc then Mars is an intersting combo, you sound like you understand how to employ your energy!

Wonder how many more bloggers are Mercs?

FireyGBSomething
FireyGBSomething
June 30, 2012 1:41 pm
Reply to  andromeda

yes, i was wondering that too … of the mercs and bloggers …

of mars, it has been an artform to learn, the most efficient and true to myself methods of energy channelling … you certainly know when it’s working … soaring yet serene flight ..

and i can def feel yr own jup/venus combo and mille’s jup/nep, ms’s sun beamed merc etc … facinating …

June 30, 2012 7:32 am
Reply to  creatrix

He heh i hovered over the word “get” – I actually meant “understand”! The obelisk is not mine to give. It just is. You can have it but don’t forget it comes with the elestork 🙂

Jupiter (116.6) = 15.2%
Neptune (96.9) = 12.6%
Mars (83.9) = 10.9%
Sun (81.7) = 10.6%

June 30, 2012 10:50 am
Reply to  milleunanotte

Cool! Am loving you for a Jupitarian – you vibe so generous and expansive and like you have experienced everything all at once in this life. Very Guru.

June 30, 2012 12:35 pm
Reply to  milleunanotte

Just did my chart ? how does one work out the %s

my no.1 was Jupiter in sag
followed by Saturn in cap .

Creatrix
Creatrix
June 30, 2012 12:50 pm

It’s a small section near midway down the page that Ms. describes how to get to above. Percentages done for you. I recommend not adding asteroids.

June 30, 2012 1:38 pm

Ahh, thank you

Sun 17%
Jup 10%
Sat 9%

June 30, 2012 5:34 pm

U r a Sunny one! Pretty quick mouth for such solar type – picked up yr dad’s IQ much?

June 30, 2012 11:40 pm
Reply to  andromeda

I have Neptune at 48, BUT Venus at 124. That’s total number at 124, and the % 20.5. GOSH good golly miss molly

June 29, 2012 8:00 pm
Reply to  Ms.

I know you said it was long but i didn’t expect this. However i did scroll down to the percentages: rather interesting – you get percentages for signs, and percentages for planets. Much appreciated!

June 29, 2012 8:10 pm
Reply to  milleunanotte

So now i know the correct name for the Red Triangles…

I have 6 T-squares and 2 Grand Crosses.

It also says 4 stellia but it takes a stellium as three conjunct.

June 29, 2012 8:21 pm
Reply to  milleunanotte

Its something you have to keep coming back to I think depending on how much you know already. Wow, lots of T squares and a few crosses. Powerful stuff. 🙂

I seriously urge peeps to go on http://www.astro.com in the free horoscope section to extended chart and follow the above instructions to check it out.

June 29, 2012 8:20 pm
Reply to  Ms.

that is very cool.
I think the planetary ranking may work like final depositors.
Or mine does anyway. Kim has lots of info re them on her site

June 29, 2012 8:22 pm
Reply to  Anonymous

does she? awesome. I love Kim too. I am not so up to know all the meanings of everything but I am going to check it out afterwards that would be a great cross over actually. Thanks x

June 29, 2012 8:32 pm
Reply to  Ms.

Mercury and Sun… yes that makes sense completely, Ms. I wouldn’t have guessed it but it does fit your posts well. Theatre of cruelty “unique language half-way between gesture and thought.”- i enjoy artaud. Pleasure of seeing four male dancers of different colouring and age performing a choreography by an older woman of Exhilarating. At one point all the middle aged lady theatregoers held their programs up in front of their faces or cast their faces down. The lights were dim and my buddy and i craned to see. I fell in love. Yes someone suggested you write, Ms. It… Read more »

June 29, 2012 9:05 pm
Reply to  milleunanotte

And here’s one for your Mercury:

Jacques Derrida ‘surmised that Artaud’s voice was de facto “stolen” from him, or rather, continually “soufflée” or prompted. The very moment that the words came out of his mouth or pen he could not recognize them as his
own any longer. There was a “thieving god” that filched every word from his lips and spoke it in his stead.’

June 29, 2012 9:10 pm
Reply to  milleunanotte

thank you.

I was literally obsessed with his work during my mid to late teens. Dada as well but esp Artaud hit a real cord in me. Funnily enough I used to write (or attempt) plays when I was 13 about abstract concepts and shapes in design personifying different elements of though. Then I made some puppet based art objects and sets to house them based on this theory in art school. Mainly paintings though, but I think the surrealists did it better 🙂 oscar slimmer’s ballet as well. Awesome.

June 29, 2012 9:11 pm
Reply to  Ms.

*oskar schlemmer. Typo x

June 29, 2012 10:21 pm
Reply to  Ms.

Wow, this is fantastic – thanks Ms !!
PS glad I took your advice with the cup of tea x

Dominique
Dominique
June 30, 2012 4:27 am
Reply to  Ms.

Very interesting… Mercury is my highest also, at 14.9% Then surprisingly (to me, for some reason) Jupiter, at 10.9% – guess this has to do with the fact that Mercury & Jupiter are conjunct and share pretty much all the same aspects with other planets. I’ve definitely ALWAYS identified myself as a classic Mercurial type. Never imagined Jupiter would be second, but then again, it would make sense if I’m looking at it from strictly a spiritual standpoint. I am highly devoted to the spiritual above all else, but I am not ‘jolly,’ nor satisfied, ever… haha hence my confusion.… Read more »

Electric Eel Libran
Electric Eel Libran
June 30, 2012 1:42 pm
Reply to  Ms.

wow! Thanks! I’ve never looked at this chart before. Seems I’m mostly Jupiter-driven followed closely (less than a percent) by Saturn and then Uranus! Gasp!
Also it seems to think I’m mostly Libran and Cap! I’ve never thought of myself as a Cap or invoking Cap energies, but I’ll try harder now.

Pi
Pi
June 30, 2012 10:47 pm
Reply to  Ms.

huh! how about that. Never delved into the other chart options much. I have an almost even spread between Sun, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter (basically all the planets above my ASC-DSC). Suits me, I hedge my bets at the best of time 😉

June 30, 2012 11:34 pm
Reply to  Ms.

Hi Ms, thanks, I never used this chart before.

– I’m Venus 20.5%
Moon 12.5%
Sun 10%

it makes sense, venus and moon are signature in my chart for art appreciation and work.

Aquaria
Aquaria
June 29, 2012 5:21 pm

My closest aspect, just considering the standard “planets” and points is Saturn rx in 4th Cancer opposite Venus in Capricorn, 7° off my IC/MC axis, so that makes Venus the highest planet in my chart or sumthin? Ah for the longest time Venus thought no one would ever love her and she emoed herself small, looking to Saturn for rescue and luv, desperate, alas Venus now understands that she has qualities that make her worth her weight in gold xtimes and whilst she appreciates Saturns guidance, if he’s being too much of a coldblooded ass, there are 345698217 other Saturns… Read more »

Aquaria
Aquaria
June 29, 2012 5:26 pm
Reply to  Aquaria

Sorry, no dialogue in a circle, not much of a talker in live version.

Aquarpio
Aquarpio
June 29, 2012 4:48 pm

Holy hell. It’s been ages since I even looked that closely at my chart and there’s a reason for that. Loads of trines, yes, but also LOADS of squares including: North Node square Sun and Ascendant, Venus square Pluto (which means, as Pluto is currently conjunct my Venus, Pluto is also currently squaring my Pluto). Effing great. And that’s barely the tip of the iceberg.

creatrix
creatrix
June 29, 2012 2:19 pm

Sun in Leo in the 2nd sextile Gem Asc – *Flicks thru mag* “How good are these fabrics? If your skin can breathe you just glow. Let’s shop NOW”. Gem Asc: “I know, right? The design isn’t cutting edge tho, this is all a bit passe paisano pissant.. We’ll find something funkier”. Scorpio Moon (6th) squares off at Sun: “How shallow are you guys, seriously? I feel like screaming! Evolve already, this materialism is passe” Jupiter in Pisces (9th) sez to Moon: “Can we at least check out the book shop? I found some stuff on holographic kinetics I wanna… Read more »

sweetpea
sweetpea
June 29, 2012 5:26 pm
Reply to  creatrix

~Pluto in Libra, 4th square Venus: *watches, bides her time, calculates if sexy underwear can be worn at meditation tonight*~

hehe…we’ll keep your secret darlin’.

Iris Aquacat
Iris Aquacat
June 29, 2012 11:36 pm
Reply to  sweetpea

I had to cross legs reading these posts LOL :0))

June 29, 2012 11:38 pm
Reply to  sweetpea

Lol, thanks honey! (Expensive underwear under Thai fisherman pants is a kind of a look I guess).

Aquariscorp
Aquariscorp
June 29, 2012 1:54 pm

What the what…???

Aquariscorp
Aquariscorp
June 29, 2012 2:14 pm
Reply to  Aquariscorp

I think I have Texas sextile Colorado in the 4th House. ;-).

Jac
Jac
June 29, 2012 1:48 pm

I love this idea. Those role-play things can be brilliant/hilarious/awkward/bizarro. I teach drama…so yeah taken part in lots of this kinda thing but not on with an astro theme. I am going to try and post a link to my chart, if any of you with a bit more of an idea about it wanna take a stab then tops!

Blessings x

hiddendragonqueen
hiddendragonqueen
June 29, 2012 1:41 pm

gemmy jupiter and saggy neptune throw a fabulously decadent party, at the last minute of course, trusting (rightly so) that the myriad of stimulation and substances will be plenty fine. they invite saturn in leo who you know is kind of a pompous ass but he’s part of the crowd so whatevs. libran pluto who really is a big pussycat comes too, as does aqua asteroid lilith. she occasionally doesn’t feel like she belongs in the big boys’ club, especially around mean ol’ saturn and being only an asteroid, but she is lilith, she’s all about the adventure (9th) and… Read more »

hiddendragonqueen
hiddendragonqueen
June 29, 2012 1:52 pm

that was FUN!! 🙂

Hathor's Horns
Hathor's Horns
June 29, 2012 1:32 pm

Oh Mercury and the Moon are having a real D&M chit chat about the cosmos in the 10th house with a barrel of honey mead and a hookah pipe at the ready. Mercury is being very flirtatious and Moon having a hard time concealing her admiration for his wild ideas. They are talking too fast for anyone else to really understand and when Mercury uses big words like “concupiescent” Moon just swoons. All the other planets are trying to look busy with their own agendas but can’t help overhearing Moon’s bursts of delighted laughter.

creatrix
creatrix
June 29, 2012 2:21 pm
Reply to  Hathor's Horns

Sounds d’lish!

FireyGBSomething
FireyGBSomething
June 29, 2012 12:26 pm

courtesy of Charle’s ‘tug of war’ comment, I just saw my chart:

Pluto, Neptune, MC and Venus trining each other: they just want to fly the kite! But the kite’s tail, at worst it’s dragging like an anchor, at best, cracking like a whip and having a glorious time. The tail? Pluto and Moon at tug of war with Merc/Mars and Venus. When they exhaust each other and just let each other be, the tail relaxes and the kite flies …

Charles
Charles
June 29, 2012 12:03 pm

I have a sort of “splay” chart, but the most important stuff is all along my MC/IC axis, which is conjunct my nodes, and sitting on top of Mercury at my MC in opposition to Neptune and Jupiter at my IC.

So my little gestalt drama would be Mercury playing a tug of war against Neptune and Jupiter, while everyone else stood around them in a circle, jeering and throwing rotten tomatoes.

aquasunbird
aquasunbird
June 29, 2012 10:46 am

There are some that always have a slight compulsion to reverse at the wrong or right time? I just would hate to be confined to a role play so restrictive – sounds forced, prescribed – the only thing not so the people’s reactions…maybe that’s the core of gestalt part! Someone I know walked out of a panel interview for a prestigious job because of role play they had spent time preparing for. They were mars in scorpio, mercury in aquarius, venus aries. Some people love and require the group vibe of the shared therapy; it can be very claustrophobic and… Read more »

June 29, 2012 9:53 am

Aries sun in the 10th ” I’ve decided we are going to Katmandu…tomorrow, firstly to meet some business associates there and do some rock climbing. Mars in Cancer 1st house: OMG you’ve given me no time to plan this. Its cold there and we don’t enough warm clothes. And what about the kids school play next week ? I’m so unsure about this. Should I pack some chicken soup ? Venus in Taurus. I hear there is a new 5 star hotel in katmandu.. The Shangrilla or something…I’ll book. Oh, look, they have spa rooms ! Jupiter in Sag ..no… Read more »

June 29, 2012 9:56 am

Hold on we forgot to ask Moon (gem 12th house)
Moon ? where are you….I’m here, I’ve been listening in…I’m fine with it all but can we just tell the neighbours we are going to Bali ?

FireyGBSomething
FireyGBSomething
June 29, 2012 10:24 am

you have surpassed yourself …

my own aries merc and 12th house moon and saggi jupe are all feeling empathetic x

Fifi
Fifi
June 29, 2012 11:30 am

That’s excellent I think I’m getting this DIY astro! My Merc in Aries agrees and my Neptune in Scorpio says – really?

cosmic fleece
cosmic fleece
June 29, 2012 12:30 pm

I’d love to see the short flick / animation of this David. At Tropfest, where all the planets are you, but maybe different faces like Fight Club.
Nice work Man. x

June 29, 2012 3:11 pm
Reply to  cosmic fleece

Thanks Comic, hmmm Fight Club… must watch that again. Actually if everyone got together with all there troupes do you think it might be a little like this ?

June 29, 2012 3:12 pm
June 29, 2012 3:13 pm

cosmic ! derrrrrrr..

June 29, 2012 7:46 pm

Yeah esp 2:55 – 3:07

cosmic fleece
cosmic fleece
June 30, 2012 7:24 pm

Oh Man, I remember this, getting it out with my Saggie best friend, the video store would ring her dad to get approval, He (Virgo) got the shits with us watching it all the time, so told the hot dude behind the counter ”No, not again, tell them to get something else” … Party pooper.

I can’t imagine a train ride with Venus Mars Saturn and Moon all in Gemini…It would do my head in ..oh hang on, that’s me. yeah right, like i was saying …

WryGrin
WryGrin
June 29, 2012 1:58 pm

LOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

“I have mapped out our plans for the next 29 years and Katmandu is not on the radar”

creatrix
creatrix
June 29, 2012 2:22 pm

Super cute! Lol.

June 29, 2012 7:47 pm

That was screamingly ridiculous! Love it.

sweetpea
sweetpea
June 29, 2012 12:53 pm

haha, excellent davey….You and I are born 12 days apart (and same rising) so LOVE your interp and neat to see the placements from another’s perspective..x

sweetpea
sweetpea
June 29, 2012 1:35 pm
Reply to  sweetpea

Not all our house rulerships are the same but close enough to go to Bali at least 😉

Pholus
Pholus
June 29, 2012 9:29 am

The strongest aspect in my chart is a big fat red square from saturn in the third in aries to my moon in cancer in the 6th (exact to the second). Since saturn is the handle planet of a bucket shape the Aquarian astrologer explained this to me as you feel first, then you act (mars is on the other lip of the bucket) and lastly you have a think about things, but you often don’t trust your feelings. So his advice was, have faith in what you feel but don’t forget to communicate and gather new information (mercury) so… Read more »

Ellie
Ellie
June 29, 2012 8:30 am

Oh dear it looks like such a rable when you look at it like this. Sun and Mars both trine Pluto in the 9th so that’s not too bad – this might explain all of the backpacking? and all the degrees from universities? and not staying the same job too long? I’ve only just put all that together! I’m packing up and getting ready to go again and it makes people nervous and they think I’m running away but the people who know me well know that I’m happy. And my Leo moon is conjunct Uranus in the 6th isn’t… Read more »

phyllis styne
phyllis styne
June 29, 2012 7:56 am

recently attended a workshop doing just this….called it astrodrama. it was pretty mindblowing that a room full of people, some of whom had never met, could act out someones chart so spookily accurately. we all got to dress up as our planetary characters which added to the fun. it was a great way to “see” a chart come to life. sorry…..no dialogue comes to mind today….my chart is all about getting in to town after days of unending rain to get my car serviced!

ethereal cap
ethereal cap
June 29, 2012 6:37 am

i just love this whole concept, but gawd, i think my chart drama would be…some dickensian start, a 70’s psychedelic musical, a bit of carry-on moive, euro vacation/james bond comedy, with a matrix like/inception with a bit of gritty meaningless reality drama, but no conclusion yet… to put it politely – i should try and work it out though, lol

12th house virgo
12th house virgo
June 29, 2012 4:11 am

Can’t do it – I just couldn’t stand to watch Neptune and Venus fight like they do in my chart.

willowwolf
willowwolf
June 29, 2012 9:33 am

Mine have found some common ground these days. Universal Love / Personal Love
Bit like yin yang ?

echo
echo
June 29, 2012 4:43 pm

thats so neptune…”couldn’t stand to watch”
I’m imagining venus smacking neptune’s ass while it sticks its head in the sand

Dominique
Dominique
June 29, 2012 3:37 am

Ha, considering I’m in the states, it’s daytime here, and I clearly have nothing else to do besides indulge in astrological fantasy play-acting, I’m gonna give this a go. Here’s my cast of characters (and just as an aside, I use the sidereal zodiac – after much study & research I decided it was the most accurate for me): Sun, Mercury, Jupiter – all 1º Virgo in the 12th (AC is 5º Virgo) Moon – 20º Aries in the 8th Venus – 26º Virgo in the 1st Mars – 9º Gemini in the 10th Saturn – 19º Capricorn in the… Read more »

echo
echo
June 29, 2012 4:41 pm
Reply to  Dominique

that was awesome! you so should follow up, could be very fruitful

Dominique
Dominique
June 29, 2012 11:14 pm
Reply to  echo

Thanks! I’m thinking about doing it. Once I got over the initial fatigue of writing all of that lol I realized it could be beneficial to do a dialogue at least between some of the planets w/ squares & opps.

This Gestalt thing is not only fun, but ridiculously useful…

It’s amazing because you get to see your entire chart in a totally different light – and a much clearer light at that.

All of the planets have different “goals,” if you will, and it’s their conflicting goals that create difficulty.

Rache (aqua/tauri)
Rache (aqua/tauri)
June 29, 2012 3:06 am

i like sweetpea’s idea…lol

so when i’m fighting with my boyfriend they can be like –pause! — and jump in and do an astrological battledown about what’s going on.

sweetpea
sweetpea
June 29, 2012 12:53 am

I’m going to hire an entourage of 12 to follow me around and they can play things out and save me the work… hehe

June 29, 2012 1:35 am
Reply to  sweetpea

“like”!–bluesky

Fifi
Fifi
June 29, 2012 12:22 pm
Reply to  sweetpea

That’s clever!

sweetpea
sweetpea
June 29, 2012 12:56 pm
Reply to  sweetpea

hee, yeah it’s called the “lazy girl’s way to enlightenment”…

x

WryGrin
WryGrin
June 29, 2012 2:02 pm
Reply to  sweetpea

That would work for me…=)

June 29, 2012 6:55 pm
Reply to  sweetpea

perfect 🙂

LadyLeo
LadyLeo
June 29, 2012 12:29 am

Oh I love that image! I’m going to do this DIY, I might draw a circle and use monopoly pieces as the planets, or something. Mars can be the sportscar. just need to sleep now…

Fifi
Fifi
June 29, 2012 12:21 am

Love DIY astro but I really think I need to hire a theatre troupe to understand my chart!

Have sun Aries 29º and mars Libra opposition as well oppositions between Uranus and Pluto (conjunct Virgo) to my asc & chiron (conjunct in Pisces) – every time a do any reading on these aspects to try and understand more – I feel like I need a good lie down!

June 29, 2012 1:34 am
Reply to  Fifi

I think some of us could volunteer to role play certain planets for people with questions about those planets

WryGrin
WryGrin
June 29, 2012 1:53 pm
Reply to  Anonymous

Anon
That is a truly useful idea…

nebulous virgo
nebulous virgo
June 29, 2012 7:56 am
Reply to  Fifi

i guess i can relate to the Pluto-Ac opposition… my pluto is conjunct saturn and Mercury/DC… so Pluto opposing AC – to nail it down: use – dont be abused… thats a power issue. massive power issue as far as i am concerned but i am having saturn return (to the degree right now…) and this means also saturn is transiting my pluto i have never yearned so much for loneliness and hiding away from reality before… everyone played and plays their games by using me as playground. uncountable power struggles… but you will win if you trust your intuition… Read more »

Fifi
Fifi
June 29, 2012 12:12 pm
Reply to  nebulous virgo

Thanks for your help here, you have some great insights! Understand the need to withdraw, I find it really helpful to get some perspective – yes am very aware of people projecting and this becomes a bit exhausting and inhibiting, feel the need to give them the space they need to become aware of what ever they’re going through. As for power I have inadvertently given this away at times, mostly because I don’t worry about it too much. I’ve always felt pretty strong and that it’s always within reach if I need to assert it but I don’t feel… Read more »

Fifi
Fifi
June 29, 2012 12:13 pm
Reply to  Fifi

Wow – sorry didn’t meant to write an essay!

YouWereFine
YouWereFine
June 29, 2012 1:49 pm
Reply to  Fifi

Thank you for articulating so beautifully what I’ve always also felt about power / loneliness xx

October 29, 2012 6:14 am
Reply to  Fifi

Beautifully written, I Can relate to That. I need to get away from everything and find what makes me happy. The stress dissolves when I’m alone. Financially I’m stuck, I can’t just up and leave.