Although i am obsessed with Vestal Virgins – Vesta trines my South Node – I am not so across the astrological Vesta. Even though she is smack-bang conjunct my Mercury in Aries!
Opinions as to what the astrological Vesta indicates in your chart are insanely broad…Here is a smattering:
* Vesta is the Goddess of the Hearth, hence her presence in your chart shows where you keep the ‘home fires’ burning.
* Vesta rules Scorpio. Vesta rules Virgo.
* Vesta is the Fire Goddess and she was a way more powerful Pagan deity before the Romans diluted her into their Goddess.
* Vesta is super-patriarchial- you can still sense her lingering influence in words such as “invest”.
* Vesta is about Tantric Sexuality and what makes you hot. She is the most important planet in love synastry. Sacred Sexuality.
* Vesta in the chart is where you give away sexuality and/or romance in order to be fiercely independent.
* Vesta is unquenchable fires of passion and forceful self-actualization.
* Vesta rules small enclosed spaces and where you have Vesta is where you cannot stand to be constricted.
* Vesta is self-discipline and unwavering attention to a task. She is also a Prosperity Goddess, the Hearth symbolizes abundance.
I KNOW, RIGHT? But look, we are now going to investigate Vesta.
Where is Vesta in your chart (sign/house) and how do you experience her?
Which of the above Vesta theories most resonates for you?
With your major love interests, past and present, was there any significant Vesta synastry?
By transit Vesta is now at 9 Taurus – hello?
My astrological resolution for, um, the Eclipse is to deepen my understanding of Vesta and incorporate her more in my horoscopes. Let’s start here, i will join you in the Comments….Please share!
Image: Lampros Kalfuntzos – Vesta
Access Horoscopes, Insta-Tarot, Oracle and MoreAll Access Membership – This is not a recurring payment – you are not locked in.
Email Mystic if you would like to trial for a few weeks first.