The Real Virgo Sandpit

Hey Guys, a few days ago i surmised that the child presiding over this terrifically organized sandpit was a Virgo, even though – yes – the pic was most likely totally set up by the photographer – a controlling Taurus, no doubt.

BUT I have just been sent this picture of an adorable REAL-LIFE VIRGO toddler with his genuine Virgo sandpit.

Note how the toys, cars and trucks etc are actually all lined up. This IS the real deal.

Now i just have to wait for a pic of a Scorpio child with their sandpit that they detonated or a Pisces using their sandpit to cultivate catnip.

Penny
Penny
September 21, 2012 8:17 pm

oh that boy is soo cute. Today I discovered just how much of a virgo my baby boy is. 12/09/2011 Rising, sun, mercury and mars. I am mostly air/fire so feeling a little nervous
: )

Old Man Uranus
Old Man Uranus
March 30, 2012 4:47 am

hahahahaha!

The Scorp child is digging a well.

FireyBovine
FireyBovine
March 29, 2012 8:22 am

that child is outrageously joy!

March 29, 2012 7:39 am

Leo Sun, Gem Rising, (Scorp Moon). Flying: The cardboard wings I had made at four weren’t working, so I used to try to levitate the carpets to make them fly. Sun + Mercury’s Wings?

Then I used ruin all my textas by making jars of brightly coloured water.
I would arrange them in rows on top of each other in windows so the sun would shine through them.
(Later I saw aura soma colour therapy and something ping! in my head!)

March 29, 2012 7:46 am
Reply to  andromeda

Later on, I had a foundry where I would ‘make’ swords, but my favourite thing was making bamboo bows and arrows – which kind of worked! Climbing trees to check on the advancing enemy. Lots of martial arts Monkey Magic fighting long-pole style and flying on a little pink cloud featured.

March 29, 2012 7:48 am
Reply to  andromeda

Dear friend the New Edition Psychic Aqua said all the flying was because I was in disbelief I coudn’t fly as the memory of being disincarnate was so strong.

chaos in virgoan form
chaos in virgoan form
March 29, 2012 4:56 am

virgo sun and rising moon in pisces…

well the first time i ever went to the beach i balled my eyes out and refused to go on the sand because it was “dirty” lol

missfine
missfine
March 29, 2012 2:52 am

Ha…this is so funny, Mystic, I should mail you the pic of me with my “My Little Ponies” organized in a line when I was 5. And I mean ORGANIZED. From largest to smallest, first the non-My Little Ponies (the big poseurs), then all others organized by type and size. Mars and Jupiter conjunct in Capricorn. Duh.

K
K
March 29, 2012 2:46 am

Very Virgoan pic! Child is adorable too 🙂

I had a sandpit at the back of my house with bushes growing around. One day as I was sitting with my bucket and spade I felt a wiggle behind my back. I got up and saw 2 small snakes. Ran for my father who thengrabbed a shovel and killed them. I helped him with my plastic shovel and then felt such a guilty feeling for their deaths.
Scorpio stellium.

12th house virgo
12th house virgo
March 29, 2012 2:19 am

Love it! Shows care for social organization and teamwork – lining up all those autos to work together! A true Virgo.

Stawr
Stawr
March 29, 2012 1:57 am

In the pic it looks like those trucks are stuck in traffic. ah!! I’m not a Virgo, but I use to line up my Barbies, and pretend they where in a parade. This was a game I played around age 2. And by the time I got to preschool. I remember I liked to make volcanoes in the sand. And at the beach I liked to make sand castles. Looked a lot like my volcanoes but for my castles I would find a bird feather and stick it on top. Now I would not be caught dead touching a bird… Read more »

scorpiorising
scorpiorising
March 29, 2012 1:40 am

Virgo Sun: Avid reader, liked to organize things and people and direct plays.
Scorpio Rising: Liked my alone/me time to plot mysteries.
Pisces Moon: Daydreamy, super-sensitive, loved being alone to daydream, paint, sing, play piano and write stories.
Leo MC: Loved acting, performing in the plays I wrote and directed.

I’d say I was 50/50 extrovert/introvert.
Pretty much still the same except I manage my band and direct short art films, videos instead of plays.

Brea
Brea
March 28, 2012 11:56 pm

Virgo Sun, Virgo Rising, Taurus Moon. As a child, I worked to master everything I did, and once I reached this perceived “mastery,” I was completely bored/done with the given job & ready to move on to the next thing. I feel like I was always in competition with myself, as far back as I can remember. There has never been a time in my life where I felt un-pressured (as a result of both internal & external causes). I was never in competition with other kids, though. I actually don’t think I even noticed them lol. I was always… Read more »

LibraMoonAurora
LibraMoonAurora
March 29, 2012 1:32 am
Reply to  Brea

Brea that was a great way of explaining how I’ve always felt even as a child. I couldn’t ever really articulate it as well as you just did. I’ve always been in competition with myself but haven’t been able to explain it properly. But not even NOTICING the other kids long enough to compete with them sure makes sense! And even now as an adult, I’m always too focused on whatever new self-improvement scheme I’ve got going on to notice other people all that much. So it’s always somewhat hilarious to me when I notice other people trying to compete… Read more »

Bmi
Bmi
March 30, 2012 12:49 am
Reply to  Brea

You sound perfect to me : )

triplefish
triplefish
March 28, 2012 11:32 pm

My beautiful taurean nearly 5yo loves plants too, it has gotten to the point where when I am weeding the garden, he wants to rescue and pot everything that I pull out! He has an awesome amount of respect for plant life, but is happy to kill ants, even after I told him that if you’re going to kill something you have to eat it. You can guess the rest!!

Bluesky
Bluesky
March 28, 2012 11:17 pm

what a cutie pie

Anonymous
Anonymous
March 28, 2012 10:20 pm

Taurus sun AND moon I was building forts (taurus rules real estate) in the woods as a child. Indoor building was included using large boxes, making windows & doors hanging napkin window coverings. Then I’d get inside and admire my work.

I cant help but mention we-got-it- together Taurueans seem to attract those falling apart, the emotional cripples. They need us ‘controlling’ Taurus’ we’ve slowing attained the houses and food-. while everyoe else was out drinking or drugging.

plutonic gem
plutonic gem
March 28, 2012 10:52 pm
Reply to  Anonymous

I love my controlling taurus sister, more than anybodyelse, i think it was when she started ironing her undies in grade 5 that i realised we were quite different…
But we all have different aspects of our selves, forgive me my asshole taurus comment, I apologise, I am dealing with a particularly nasty one at work, and was just spouting off… I love you cow peeps too much!!!

Shannon
Shannon
March 28, 2012 11:34 pm
Reply to  Anonymous

Putting an end to the attraction of (& to) “those falling apart, the emotional cripples” is literally my current number one self-improvement resolution. I do not want to be your mother. I do not want to be your saviour. I do not want to be your scapegoat. I may be single for awhile… but at least I’ll keep a hold of my sanity for a little bit longer : )

Saturnalien
Saturnalien
March 28, 2012 11:35 pm
Reply to  Anonymous

I love the cow peeps too (just for the record).

plutonic gem
plutonic gem
March 28, 2012 10:04 pm

What a lovely idea mystic!!! (and what a cute kid up there!!) gem sun, scorp rising, pisces moon lurrrrrved dress ups, and can surely remember wanting everyone to dress up, really remember feeling the power of transforming with dress ups, and swapping gender roles and stuff, seriously believed I would be wonder woman when a friend told me how to do the trick… was very influenced by friends a couple of years older… Very similar to millie, i told my sister stories about the fairies, and we found lots of special fairy places in the bush and left them offerings,… Read more »

plutonic gem
plutonic gem
March 28, 2012 10:06 pm
Reply to  plutonic gem

gawd, i could diagnose myself from that childhood…

missfine
missfine
March 29, 2012 2:50 am
Reply to  plutonic gem

uh yeah same here with scorp rising and other scorp/pluto stuff..sexually aware very much at a young age but no abuse.

March 28, 2012 9:35 pm

Left to our own devices I realised life was not all turf and vegetable garden. Enlisting Virgo sibling’s help, after authoritatively informing her of the faeries (Leo MC, moi), we set up an undercover “shoppe” and made little labelled paper packages containing actual food. It was easy to get the Virgo on board since my first model package contained muesli. She looked askance at the candlenuts which we had earlier investigated and found .. er, well, they’re candlenuts .. until i confirmed that of course we didn’t like them because that is exactly what faeries eat. Piscean me became convinced… Read more »

Sagitta
Sagitta
March 29, 2012 2:28 am
Reply to  milleunanotte

I love your story! I wish I had been your sister.

March 29, 2012 7:07 pm
Reply to  Sagitta

Welcome to the tribe, Sagitta! The more, the merrier 😀 AquaMa would just think she had miscounted.

catty
catty
March 28, 2012 8:40 pm

Lovely Virgo child! My boy is Scorpio (with Virgo rising) but repeatedly, repeatedly, buried things in his sandpit. Sometimes you’d see just a tip emerging from the sand…

Lauren
Lauren
March 29, 2012 1:30 pm
Reply to  catty

Yes! Was waiting to see if anyone mentioned this. I’m a Scorp Sun and Virgo Moon and to me a sandbox become a desert where secret treasures are buried, only to be unearthed at a later date. One of my favorite things as a kid was this block of clay that encased a model of a dinosaur skeleton. You had to soak it in water and then meticulously scrape and brush away at it with cotton swabs and toothpicks to reveal the skeleton under all that mud. 😀

Fifi
Fifi
March 28, 2012 8:35 pm

I’m Toro sun, loved art, books and magic, read every Enid Blyton also loved flowers, plants (propogating geraniums and growing things), drawing and cooking. Also pretty active climbing, riding, running…never realised till writing this how close to type I was !!

leogroover
leogroover
March 28, 2012 8:23 pm

he is soooooooooooo cute. i was bit of leo/aqua. all dress ups and ruling the backyard kids shows for parents but don’t make me do anything remotely stifling or i would refuse and find some way to get out of it. Not into leo histronics just used my moon in scorpio sneaky ways.

cosmic ram
cosmic ram
March 28, 2012 6:39 pm

Oh bless his little Virgo heart!

March 28, 2012 10:02 pm
Reply to  cosmic ram

Isn’t he a happy little cutie pie?

March 29, 2012 7:42 am
Reply to  milleunanotte

Adooooorable!

UnicornMoon
UnicornMoon
March 28, 2012 6:18 pm

Leo Sun, Sagg Moon, Aqua Rising I feel like I almost had a split personality as a kid. One side was the obviously Leo: super imaginative, costume loving, hyperactive, ballet at four (and continued dance for a long time), never felt any apprehension on stage, etc. But I was also extremely nerdy, introverted, and shy (Merc in Cancer for the shyness maybe?). I usually wanted to either play alone or read (mostly fantasy and science), and I was a Girl Scout for eleven years. Computers were an early interest as well; there’s even a pic of me at age one… Read more »

Water Pig
Water Pig
March 28, 2012 6:43 pm

As a child: Taurus sun and Leo rising. Loved animals, books about animals, loved the secret garden and anything with an escape or tunnel or hidden world. Loved the idea of magic and magical spells. Still do! I think taurean children love animals and security- warmth, food, nature and calmness (or restored calm). Any stories or books that embodied all of those things were brilliant- e.g. strega nona; Lion, Witch & the Wardrobe; Secret Garden, The magic faraway tree and Adventures of the Wishing Chair. The reason I liked books so much is that my parents didn’t spend a lot… Read more »

Water Pig
Water Pig
March 28, 2012 6:45 pm
Reply to  Water Pig

Oh and aqua moon did make me feel the need for some time alone even as a child.

UnicornMoon
UnicornMoon
March 28, 2012 7:16 pm
Reply to  Water Pig

You liked a lot of same books I did as a child too! The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe was actually the first chapter book I read.

I do disagree about Leo’s needing something real in order to act something out since acting comes so naturally without any sort of aid.

Leo in a sandpit: If it can stand getting a little dirty, it will be building castles.

Scorpalicious
Scorpalicious
March 28, 2012 8:29 pm
Reply to  Water Pig

I LOVED ‘The Secret Garden’ 🙂 It’s one of my faves!

Interesting about the sand… my Saggo niece loves it but Gemini nephew hates it.

Saturnalien
Saturnalien
March 28, 2012 6:47 pm

I’m still convinced I’m an alien…

BootesLacuna
BootesLacuna
March 29, 2012 10:48 pm
Reply to  Saturnalien

Yeah?. I got a pair of Guinea pigs (sisters; got them in my intray while I’m working on my website..nice for a Gem moon..)…but for my Daughter’s b-day a few weeks back.
Now I’m 1000% sure THEY are them space Ay-leens. Stare at me and chipper tween themselves. big eyes. depthless. V-cute.

Saturnalien
Saturnalien
March 29, 2012 11:42 pm
Reply to  BootesLacuna

Yeah. Watch those Guinea Pigs man, they’re probably observing your earthling ways from the comfort of your in tray as they hatch their plot for world domination…

BootesLacuna
BootesLacuna
March 30, 2012 12:19 am
Reply to  Saturnalien

Yep.I reckon so.
Rupert M will be rapt. They need a crapload of newspaper.

Bmi
Bmi
March 30, 2012 12:46 am
Reply to  Saturnalien

Then you are : ).

Rockin' Robin
Rockin' Robin
March 29, 2012 12:35 am

Can totally relate Water Pig. I’m a Cap sun w/Virgo rising so ‘splain how I was totally into fairies, mythology and anything magical. I was also notorious for having my nose in a book. Read Lord of the Rings twice. Wrote fairy stories (that became quite naughty as puberty kicked in…:) Knew all the names & stories of all the gods/goddesses both Greek & Roman. At a week-long tennis camp, I sat under a tree and read the entire Chronicles of Narnia…

March 29, 2012 7:05 pm
Reply to  Rockin' Robin

Naught pubescent fairy stories 😀 Go! “rockin’ robin, ’cause we’re really gonna rock tonight” tweet tweet tweedly deet!

12th house virgo
12th house virgo
March 29, 2012 2:23 am

I can’t say for myself. My story seems more 12th house (misplaced). But my girl is so completely Aries. As a toddler – I still don’t know where it came from – she was in the car seat in the back and starting singing “I. NEED. TO FEEL MY POWER!” I was totally shocked, but impressed and started chanting with her. We were both feeling a bit ick with the energy of the other weekend, so I pulled out her old chant. Magic. Love my Aries baby.

March 29, 2012 7:51 am

That is soo Aries and fiesty cute, love it.

missfine
missfine
March 29, 2012 2:59 am

Everything I did as a kid rings so true with my chart. I have libra sun in 12th…spent a lot of time drawing alone, or paired with my younger brother who was forced to be the other side of my duo obsession (I am still searching for a new partner in crime). Moon in Libra, too. And Scorp rising so a lot of the things we acted out were spookily psychological purging. The loaded 12th house including Saturn…lots of crazy fears of ghosts and aliens until I became Hindu at age 7 (thanks to kooky mum). Then I would pray… Read more »

missfine
missfine
March 29, 2012 3:00 am
Reply to  missfine

i haven’t changed much, actually.

AquaMeg
AquaMeg
March 29, 2012 4:54 am
Reply to  missfine

Aqua sun, Gem rising, Virgo moon. BOOKS! Books, books, books. Lil Virgo sis always wanted to play Barbies, I’d sort of play, then go back to …. BOOKS.

My sister has changed a lot since she was little. I feel the same. Still have over 2,000 books in my house. And I’m a writer even today.

lark
lark
March 29, 2012 8:23 pm

great question mystic! I am a Virgo with Aqua rising and I think basically smart, studious and eccentric! I did actually used to enjoy organising pegs on the clothes line by colour and type. weird i know. always loved reading, loved to escape through reading. enjoyed playing music but couldn’t stand the whole stuffy rigmarole around learning musical instruments, rote exercises, etc. apply myself to a new task or concept and quickly grasp the meaning and significance, then immediately lose interest and move on. thrive well in structured but non-authoritarian environments – couldn’t strucutre myself very well – had to… Read more »

Zaiborg
Zaiborg
March 28, 2012 5:23 pm

Adorable!
I love Virgo peeps, especially the menfolk of their species.
Respect.

mrcreosote
mrcreosote
March 28, 2012 3:50 pm

or could just be Asperger’s. My Asperger’s Virgo son used to do the same with his Matchbox cars.

Anonymous
Anonymous
March 28, 2012 4:48 pm
Reply to  mrcreosote

asbergers! oh dear my grandson has been lining his tricks and toys up since he was 1 and 1/2! he is 4 !

Anonymous
Anonymous
March 28, 2012 7:18 pm
Reply to  Anonymous

that’s right

weather girl
weather girl
March 29, 2012 12:09 am
Reply to  mrcreosote

Let’s clarify something about lining up toys and Asperger’s or Autism. I’m saying this in response to the comments posted here and on the other sandpit entry.

Some kids like to order and classify, and that’s perfectly NORMAL cognitive development. (Ex: Virgos, Cappy and Taureans –all for different reasons!) But kids on the spectrum are unlikely to have other play “plots” and definitely struggle in interpersonal skills. It’s not the ordering and classifying that distinguishes them, it’s their inability to expand their play preferences and engage others in the process.

And now I’m taking off my Autism Pedant hat…

March 29, 2012 7:29 am
Reply to  weather girl

Beautifully said.

larks
larks
March 29, 2012 8:17 pm
Reply to  weather girl

thanks for that comment, right on! as a kid i would totes organise my toys and things, arrange by colour etc. it satisfied my Virgo drive for order.

i may be somewhere on the autism spectrum (apaz we all are) but i am also a totally functional, healthy human being who is great at filing!

weather girl
weather girl
March 31, 2012 11:39 am
Reply to  larks

🙂 I value accurate filing.

harp
harp
March 28, 2012 3:48 pm

yeah, that is one happy virgo – great work!

tidy, orderly, organised, completed – no wonder he looks so happy!

Link
Link
March 28, 2012 3:35 pm

Yeay pretty cute. Kid looks happy too. Other kid didn’t look so happy from what I can remember . . .

Saturnalien
Saturnalien
March 28, 2012 3:23 pm

“yes – the pic was most likely totally set up by the photographer – a controlling Taurus, no doubt.”

Why do I want to read that as:

“yes – the pic was most likely totally set up by the photographer – a fat controlling Taurus, no doubt.”

? 😀

scalycat
scalycat
March 28, 2012 6:53 pm
Reply to  Saturnalien

Well played, well played

plutonic gem
plutonic gem
March 28, 2012 9:53 pm
Reply to  Saturnalien

i want to read it as “taureans are controlling assholes” end of story

March 29, 2012 7:40 am
Reply to  Saturnalien

Hahahaha!!

quintile
quintile
March 29, 2012 8:45 am
Reply to  andromeda

feeling totally the SAME due to enthrall to controlling witholding Toro (with aqua rising – adding frostiness to the mix)!!

david5379
david5379
March 28, 2012 3:20 pm

pisces would have a little mini movie set going on, with an intricate story and drama all set up, when I was a kid, it wasnt the color or size of a toy, but its story possibilities and the made up personalities, it would be like toy story basically

Anonymous
Anonymous
March 28, 2012 4:11 pm
Reply to  david5379

ahhh yes David! spoken like a true pisces! my little stepstool became a condo for my dolls, socks became sleeping bags (my barbies camped a lot!), nothing like the child’s imagination!

fishngoat
fishngoat
March 28, 2012 5:02 pm
Reply to  Anonymous

ah yeah, you’ve summarised years of Barbie story telling. Don’t get me started on the table that was a whole house or the intricate television sets made of boxes with whole days of programming mapped out…

david5379
david5379
March 29, 2012 8:24 am
Reply to  fishngoat

tell me about it, from watching cartoons I would get inspired and have these intricate little scenarios and stories all mapped out, oh how it frustrated me to have a character missing, or to have the complete set of heroes only to be missing a villain, luckily I was resourceful, apparently my little sister was so intrigued by this she would stop her playing and just watch me as I put on a little show for myself

david5379
david5379
March 29, 2012 8:27 am
Reply to  Anonymous

i know, I would go to friends houses and be so perplexed at how they would play with toys or their choice of toys, for one I never cared for toy cars, I never really understood the appeal, I would much rather have an action figure to play with, and unlike a lot of other kids I would actually play with my toys, in fact at that age all I did was lock myself in my room and just pretend the day away

Savannah