Sleeping Styles Of The Zodiac

Courtney Love asleep

Richard Kern – yes this IS Courtney Love in her her little Crab nest, lol.

Body Language experts say how you sleep – your actual sleeping posture – can indicate the sort of person you are.

You know the drill: if you huddle up with your hands in the ‘guard’ position like a boxer, you’re maybe a little bit defensive but if you’re starfished across the bed, you’re an egomaniac. The “Swastika” sleeping stance apparently signifies extreme confidence and leadership ability.

So the task du jour: To establish whether there is any astrological correlation with different sleeping styles.

Please share your Sun Sign, Sleeping Stance and a vague suggestion of your general psychological state. eg; are you sanguine, an optimist, Type A high-achiever but nutso paranoid etc.

Claire
Claire
January 22, 2018 12:58 pm

Hmmmm Libra sun. Usually wake up on my left side. Sometimes before sleep adopt the swastika though.

Would consider myself sure of myself, bold (aries rising) and courageous if not a little lazy and slack at running a business. Def Libra.

Len Metcalf
Len Metcalf
January 22, 2018 9:45 am

Sun in Capricorn, Gemini Rising and Leo Moon.

Side sleeper. Windows wide open even when it’s minus twenty outside. Light sleeper. Loves late nights. Wakes early but lazes in bed of a morning. Used to be able to sleep all day. Lost that when my son came along. Loves having my lover fall asleep in my arms head on chest. But can’t stay this way all night unfortunately. Dreams best on second sleep.

Quiet and deeply controlled. Mostly introverted. Loves an audience though and becomes performer while working. Highly creative.

skyler rosey
skyler rosey
August 11, 2012 4:23 pm

comfortably* numb

skyler rosey
skyler rosey
August 11, 2012 4:22 pm

taurus, a variety of moods -quiet when alone but people have eluded I’m hyper I sleep in any position my 3 dogs will allow me to, lol But if 1 sleeps in her bed, another goes into the sofa and I’ve got just one left I start out sleeping on tummy hands under & over pillow, legs wide apart. I NEVER eat in bed! Any crumbs would annoy the crap out of me…I prefer to be comfortly numb 🙂

H.C.
H.C.
September 15, 2011 2:24 pm

Too late to respond to this one? Cap sun, aqua moon, sag rising. Major hermit and misfit, overly sensitive, workaholic… and just plain odd. I sleep under a massive amount of covers (i.e. The Hamster Nest) with the windows wide open and a fan on. Even in winter. Random, strange sleeping positions — had many people check my breathing while sleeping, because I literally do not move for hours and seem dead. No partner now, but used to share a twin bed with the fiance — so I obviously don’t mind being smothered or having someone in my space; but… Read more »

Malva
Malva
September 12, 2011 11:10 pm

Aries Sun, Taurus rising, Scorpio Moon
INTJ/INTP

During nights I sleep using “soldier” position with a pillow under my knees, because it reliefs my back and allows my body to “breathe” thoroughly. None of important organs are blocked by your body weight, so it’s a very comfortable one to take.

While napping, my body is in the “foetal” position. It goes well after having a nice lunch.

To sum up…My opinion is that sleeping positions that I have show only a concern for my own body.

subtract
subtract
September 12, 2011 11:52 am

taurus sun, libra rising, aries moon, pisces venus

i tend to sleep on my side curled up in a ball. i always need to be under some kind of blanket when i sleep, even if it’s hot. my ex used to say that i cocoon when i sleep… kind of like a self-swaddling haha

i’m fairly outgoing, creative, loving, and fair… however insecure about certain things about myself, even though i don’t show try to show it to others.
also i am pretty stubborn

September 9, 2011 7:18 pm

Oh that’s what i referred to as Max Dupain style upstairs. What??? I’m up to 7% now??? Who finds these statistics? Don’t tell me: STATISTICIANS. Slice n dice people.

September 9, 2011 5:37 pm

the writing on my F5 key is wearing out and i am running out of other websites to procrastinate on. *starts to look strung out and a bit desperate* new post! just one fix! 😉

September 9, 2011 5:50 pm

Yes, missing Mystic’s posts/tweets too – where-for-art-thou??

confusedcap
confusedcap
September 9, 2011 5:30 pm

Well I started something weird during winter I think, and have only just realised that I am still doing it – I often start off on my back with my hands palm down under my bum! Am sure it had something to do with trying to get warm – but sheesh its an odd one. Am sure I spend most of the night rotating from one side to the other, and don’t think I spend much time on my back Cap sun aqua rising – a bit vague and scatty sometimes – but tend to overthink all the wrong things… Read more »

SourPatch
SourPatch
September 9, 2011 4:51 pm

Kataka Sun, Virgo Moon and I sleep exactly like Courtney Love is pictured there. *facepalm* I’m also an INXP since people brought Meyer’s-Brigg up (50-50 for Feeling and thinking always).

Tessa Zeng
Tessa Zeng
September 9, 2011 4:22 pm

Ooh, fun! Sag sun (Leo rising, Libra moon) & I sleep in all kinds of untidy, sprawled poses 😛 Mostly on my side. For years I’ve been asleep as soon as I hit the pillow (so not much time to think about it), but lately I’ve been a bit insomniac-ish, and it can result in me tossing/turning till I end up fall asleep diagonally across the bed, haha! Good thing I have it all to myself. Unless the cat has decided to curl right up against my legs. & then I have to accomodate her and stay still… of course.… Read more »

September 9, 2011 5:49 pm
Reply to  Tessa Zeng

I often share my bed with my two burmese. Cat 1 – she: lithe and easy to slide legs under to move about; Cat 2 (alpha male so usually takes closest warmest possie possible) brick in silk, literally he pins me to the bed. When I’m in need of deep sleep I banish them from the bedroom. They scratch at the door for ages but have learned to toughen up and ignore them (there are plenty of cosy spaces in the house for them to sleep)! Weirdly they never give up on trying though.

Lithuel
Lithuel
September 9, 2011 2:30 pm

Taurus Sun (Scorpio Moon). I almost always sleep on my side as if I were spooning, even if I’m alone. And yes, I like to spoon when I’m with someone. Occasionally during the night I’ll switch to lying on my back with arms and legs splayed out, usually to cool off or just change my posture, before returning to the spooning pose.

Lauren
Lauren
September 9, 2011 1:40 pm

Does anyone else think they might have been a leopard in a past life? When I was a little kid I used to climb the trees in my grandmother’s yard. There were a lot of low broad branches and I remember easily sprawling over them leopard style and dozing until someone called me. Lots of central body support and your arms and legs hanging free. Plus you’re up off the ground and away from sneaky predators while being able to keep an eye on the scene below you. I think I must have been a leopard in a past life.… Read more »

September 9, 2011 3:27 pm
Reply to  Lauren

That’s a beautiful photo Lauren, sooooo sexy slinky and snoozy. xx

September 9, 2011 4:35 pm
Reply to  Lauren

i could just flake off into deep restorative REM sleep just looking at that!

September 9, 2011 5:44 pm
Reply to  Lauren

Gorgeous pic Lauren – so feline.

aqualala
aqualala
September 9, 2011 1:09 pm

Aqua sun, Scorpio moon, Libra rising. Sleep on back/left side, and usually wake on back with arms up, always covered. Bedding must be fresh and clean, pillows replaced every few months. Foam mattress is important. INTJ.

Charles
Charles
September 9, 2011 12:56 pm

I forgot what a slob Courtney was. I think I tried to forget what a slob she was. Even when I knew her, way before Hole and the whole thing, she was a slob. I had to look closely at that pic before I realized there was another lump of human flesh next to her. Even when I was so poor I slept on a foam slab like that, I was never such a slob. Anyway, that pic reminds me of a statistic I read, some British newspaper did a survey on how often people washed their bedsheets, and was… Read more »

year of the fox
year of the fox
September 9, 2011 1:03 pm
Reply to  Charles

30% never washed sheets? Gross. Do they throw them in the garbage when they are done or what?

September 9, 2011 5:35 pm
Reply to  Charles

Their skin would be crap and the smell …. eeew

mrcreosote
mrcreosote
September 9, 2011 11:43 am

Virgo/Cap

on my back, hands on chest.

Until I start snoring when elbow in the ribs will get me to roll over.

Then it is either left or right side, with ‘top’ leg drawn up, ‘bottom’ leg straight, and arms the same, usually with one hand under the pillow

mrcreosote
mrcreosote
September 9, 2011 11:46 am
Reply to  mrcreosote

Oh, personality-wise, key words would be

introvert
optimist
analytical
take people at face value
take things as they come

September 9, 2011 5:33 pm
Reply to  mrcreosote

Great way to stop snorers is to pinch-hold their nose, they automatically roll over with no memory of it. Technique I used on ex-scorp – v effective.

ts
ts
September 9, 2011 10:31 am

taurus sun/scorpio rising. when i’m about to go sleep i have little tolerance for anything but my nest.

when i want to get a great sleep i do it in the corpse position – unfortunately my partner fidgets all bloody night and that’s not really possible with him in the bed. so i usually sleep on my belly, head to the side, arms under me or wrapped around a pillow. the little dog sleeps curled up somewhere next to me or on me so i suppose that factors in. cap moon might also. sleep time is business time.

Scorpio Sun/Rising
Scorpio Sun/Rising
September 9, 2011 9:52 am
September 9, 2011 12:42 pm

I’ll put 5 each way on Kataka and Scorp.

September 9, 2011 5:30 pm

Very smart pooch! Pisces?

Scorpio Sun/Rising
Scorpio Sun/Rising
September 9, 2011 9:48 am

I sleep left side/right side back n forth all night. Two pillows that I drag with me when I roll from one side to the the other. One pillow to throw my leg over, the other to throw a breast over….. and hold close. I have a faux bear blanket/rug that I hibernate/sleep under and keep the room cold… like a cave. I’m in total “guard down” mode while I sleep.

Stawr
Stawr
September 9, 2011 9:05 am

Aries Sun house 11 I sleep on my stomach, back, or side Sometimes I sleep with one legg wrapped around blankets or LARGE pillow. Sometimes I have a pillow for my legs/feet….it helps if they are tired and aching. Whatever of these I end up doing…my right hand is always resting on my crotch. (and no I’m not in my pants.) I took a quiz two years ago I scored highest in Sanguine, and Choleric a close 2nd. People that know me well know that I can be dramatic, opintionated, and persuasive. And first impresions of me varry. And my… Read more »

Sabbers
Sabbers
September 9, 2011 9:01 am

Scorp Sun I always start on my left hand side, arm under the pillow and sleeping with part of the duvet under me and the rest wrapped around me, then I sleep on my back with my knee’s up and then I turn onto my right with my hands between my knee’s. My sleep is very organised and I don’t like being hugged or spooned when sleeping Capricorn moon maybe.

Odette-in-Libra
Odette-in-Libra
September 9, 2011 8:42 am

Libra Sun/Aries Moon

Chronically anxious but also usually pretty happy; quick to anger & quick to forgive (if an apology is forthcoming); not casual about attachments; imaginative & introverted.

I sleep in classic fetal position. I can’t fall asleep spooning, unfortunately – too uncomfortable for a full night (there’s always one too many limbs in uncomfortable places, etc.)

mountaingirl
mountaingirl
September 9, 2011 8:09 am

aries sun, venus pisces, leo moon….sleep side lying with hands under pillow, elbow bent or in recovery position, but restless and toss and turn etc. having kids cured me of my penchant for deep sleep and insomnia tendencies are now ever present. Love dream and have heaps especially at moon time. I love watching my kids sleep – completely opposite style….my outgoing 8yr old scorp girl is like a horse and gallops around the bed all night and ends up in all sorts of positions – upside down, sprawled across the bed starfish etc. She has a double bed which… Read more »

September 9, 2011 7:46 am

Oh SNAP!

Zaiborg
Zaiborg
September 9, 2011 7:44 am

I sleep hanging from my feet, upside-down…
Yeah, psycho-bats at the mo…
😉

September 9, 2011 7:57 am
Reply to  Zaiborg

You seem to have started a new craze Zaiborg.

Zaiborg
Zaiborg
September 9, 2011 8:59 am
Reply to  goldenfleece

Nice.
Hangin’ with those fine specimens?
Twist my wing…

September 9, 2011 7:43 am

Been monitoring and can now report: Like to read on r side, flamingo. However, have a few changes of position. One really good one for me is the Hanged Man: on back, leg straight and other leg bent knee sideways and foot behind thigh (arms not crucifixion style though!) Stomach with head on arms (what’s the famous Max Dupain photo? It’s like that.) Often knees/a knee bent perpendicular if on stomach, or lower leg crooked to ceiling if on back. Prefer to lay diagonally across bed. Even if someone’s in it. Lots fire/earth/air in chart; Water Sun; scoliosis rising. Personality… Read more »

September 9, 2011 7:46 am
Reply to  milleunanotte

“Often knees/a knee bent perpendicular if on stomach, or lower leg crooked to ceiling if on back.”

Fq sound like broken doll – other way round. On back, knee up; on belly, leg up.

Also been known to relax kind of upside down, legs up headboard, or dangling head off sofa.

Mari
Mari
September 9, 2011 7:03 am

Kataka Sun, Libra Moon and XNFP (I/E is too close to call) personality type

I sleep in very much the same position as Courtney in the picture, with the addition of a thin pillow or pillowcase between my legs. I don’t favor one side over the other and will face toward or away from my mate but I do like a little distance. Touching a foot or a hand touching my hip is fine, but no intertwining or spooning.

September 9, 2011 6:18 am

Aries Sun, Pisces Rising, Gemmie Moon. After observing last night, i start off on back with one hand on solar plexus, and one arm around little 4 year old Ram. We then do a little tossing and turning and i usually end up spooning him, 5 year old Aqua-naut comes in anytime between 1am- 5ish and likes to come under other wing.. I am forever hopeful and optimistic. I can’t focus on one idea long enough to stick to it (in the past, am currentlyworking on it). I despise any form of bigotry or cruelty. I fire up way to… Read more »

September 9, 2011 6:20 am
Reply to  goldenfleece

ps love the pic,the hand just under her toosh, very sweet.

September 9, 2011 6:32 am
Reply to  goldenfleece

hmmm, upon further refelction re the sleeping, i keep my cards close to my heart/chest, in keeping with hand on solar plexus during sleep.

September 9, 2011 9:06 am
Reply to  goldenfleece

aw so cute, goldenfleece, little rammy and aqua coming to snuggle with you. x

Liz
Liz
September 10, 2011 2:12 am
Reply to  goldenfleece

hmmm Aries Sun, Pisces Rising, Virgo Moon Firstly, I need a cover unless the air is hot as balls. I always try first on my back, pillow under legs (pillow introduced during 1st pregnancy) but it is a rare night that I maintain any one or just a few positions. Though I seem to attempt it nightly I’ve never been able to spend much time at all sleeping on my belly because it creates too much tension in my lower back. I am an afterglow only spooner – otherwise I need my air and space. My #1 sleep position is… Read more »

cityfemme
cityfemme
September 9, 2011 4:24 am

I like to sleep on my side…but as if I’m posing for a sexy photo…it’s weird! I’m a aries/taurus, by the way…lol.

Charley
Charley
September 9, 2011 4:12 am

Scorp Sun = very, very still and slightly hidden, incase of predators who might need a quick sting. It’s a really bad idea to wake me up! Sag Moon + Mars = running man position, upper body down, face down into the pillow, legs and arms like I’m mid sprint, also have to be on the outside and nearest the door for quick commitment phobic getaways. Even if they’re just from myself. I don’t know where my Aries rising fits in, maybe my insomnia and need for melatonin, sleeping pills, lavender oil, camomile tea. Epic Libra stellium requires beautiful sleep… Read more »

postmodscorp
postmodscorp
September 9, 2011 8:14 am
Reply to  Charley

Ditto sleeping style….

DoubleMutable
DoubleMutable
September 9, 2011 3:50 am

Gem sun….I always fall asleep cuddled up in the fetal position, hugging a pillow. Since the ex and I broke up, I put a pillow against my back too. We were hardcore cuddlers….miss that. He was Leo and liked it best when we cuddled in the “King” position…go figure. Him lying on his back, me cuddled up in the crook of his arm: Most of the time when I wake up in middle of the night after intense dreams, I am laying on my back with my knees up and arms over my head. It always surprises me cuz I… Read more »

Bright
Bright
September 9, 2011 3:29 am

Pisces sun, Cancer rising.

Hold me all night and I’ll be yours forever.

I am a natural side sleeper in recovery position or fetus for the most part, but if I am very, very tired I have been known to sprawl on my tummy. Sometimes I wake up in the starfish.

I am: super sensitive (to a fault at times), a cat spooner, guilty when I kill my plants, a human baby jungle gym, and a forever day dreamer who has impatience for others who day dream. I listen to the sound of a dish washer to sleep.

CanSagg
CanSagg
September 9, 2011 2:31 am

Cancer sun, aqua moon

I fall asleep exactly as Courtney is in the pic, except on my left and on the left side of the bed. Always facing out. Often wake up on back, hands neat at side or on stomach. Hardly move the bedding. Can’t sleep with any light visible, any noise or any person. I hate spooning. Not touchy feely at all. Must have at least sheet.
Am independent, emo aware, melancholic, highly functional, methodical.

GeorgeSand
GeorgeSand
September 9, 2011 1:24 am

Scorpio Sun. Fall asleep on my back, one leg bent at a 45 degree angle with sole of my foot on my calf, arms crossed with hands on my stomach. I awake with the bed a complete mess. Cover and sheets twisted, sometimes a pillow on the floor. When I was younger I was known to kick my bed partner. Ideally I’d love to have separate sleeping quarters as my husband and Siamese are very loud snorers. Lol! General psychological state: Calm and collected on the outside, but either agitated wanting to punch you in the face or simply happy,… Read more »

T
T
September 9, 2011 1:35 am
Reply to  GeorgeSand

Same here! (Also Scorp Sun, also calm on the outside and usually on the inside, too). I fall asleep either stretched out on my back– with one leg bent or outside the covers for temperature control, because I can’t sleep if I’m too warm– or right side, but I wake up contorted in the weirdest positions, with the covers all over the place.

GeorgeSand
GeorgeSand
September 9, 2011 2:12 am
Reply to  T

Haha yes, I’ve found just sticking one foot out of the covers does the trick if I’m too hot.

Bright
Bright
September 9, 2011 3:30 am
Reply to  GeorgeSand

Reminds me of The Fool.

Bright
Bright
September 9, 2011 3:30 am
Reply to  Bright

Soz, not enough coffee yet: I meant the Hanged Man.

GeorgeSand
GeorgeSand
September 9, 2011 6:27 am
Reply to  Bright

Bright — I never thought of that and you are absolutely right!

Catsmeow
Catsmeow
September 9, 2011 7:17 am
Reply to  GeorgeSand

Your Siamese snores?! Oh that is ridiculous. And adorable. 😀

Odette-in-Libra
Odette-in-Libra
September 9, 2011 8:46 am
Reply to  Catsmeow

Agreed – so insanely cute I wish there was a video. 😉

year of the fox
year of the fox
September 9, 2011 1:04 am

Libra Sun and INFP I sleep on my side “flamingo” style with one knee up and I’m an active sleeper always changing sides and moving. It is usually my left side but it is not unknown to sleep on my right. As a child, I used to sleep on my stomach, but i changed it after I was told that doing that makes wrinkles worse. A guarantee of insomnia is to try to sleep on my back. I can only do that in Savasana to my yoga teacher’s chagrin. I “guard” my stomach in my sleep. My macrobiotics friend says… Read more »

selkie
selkie
September 9, 2011 12:37 am

virgo, cancer, cap

I fall asleep foetal and wake up on my back with my arms down by my sides.

selkie
selkie
September 9, 2011 7:34 am
Reply to  selkie

Should have said–I’m pretty much a virgo/cancer stereotype or INFP

Eva
Eva
September 8, 2011 11:23 pm

Virgo Sun, Virgo Rising, Taurus Moon

Sleep Position: I often fall asleep either flat on my back with arms a little away from my sides & legs a bit apart, or the fetal position; I wake up usually in fetal position

General Psychological State: Stressed, worried, curious, analytical, attempting to solve the world’s problems

leogroover
leogroover
September 8, 2011 11:17 pm

range from foetal with hands around my face (hangover from pain of grinding teeth days) to pigeon. Toss and turn when on my own but the lusty is such a quiet, still yet stiff kinda sleeper I just match him. But no close spooning which is ok don’t like being bear hugged while asleep. i do cuddle up a bit and whisper things to him while he is asleep that I wouldn’t say out loud. Maybe these sweet thoughts have floated into his alpha state as he is sure getting smoochy. Both Leo sun, me aqua rising, he kataka rising… Read more »

leogroover
leogroover
September 8, 2011 11:21 pm
Reply to  leogroover

Personality? – warm, intuitive, cool under pressure, affectionate,funny yet quirky. Loyal to the point of stupidity, slightly vain and mildly seething with frustration some of the time.

Catsmeow
Catsmeow
September 9, 2011 7:15 am
Reply to  leogroover

I think “loyal to the point of stupidity” is a common Leo trait. I’ve been guilty of it all my life and most of the time it just frustrates the fuq out of me because loyalty in others is hard to come by. Le sigh…

But my Aqua mom is wonderfully loyal and I think I get a lot of it from her. She’s frustrated too, hehe. 😉

September 8, 2011 10:56 pm

When sharing my bed, how I sleep is totally dependent on the other. My Leoboy son, easy, we are one (obviously not in any sicko way), but both can sleep easy without disturbing the other. Cannot share a bed with my Aquagirl – she at 13 is my height and all legs and arms and never stops moving! I have to move to the couch/her bed/the floor/anywhere to get some peaceful sleep. The ex-scorp hb used to entrap me in some kind of rigour embrace that totally scarred me for life. Would wake up with a request of an early… Read more »

September 9, 2011 9:03 am
Reply to  fluidfeline

bed and sleep with Toros is, from memory, quite blissful indeed

Crabbycrab
Crabbycrab
September 8, 2011 10:24 pm

Crab sun aqua moon

Belly sleeper with arm and leg up. Photos of me as a bambino sleeping exactly the same.
When I roll over a highly dramatic hair flick is must, difficult to pull off when sharing the bed. Not a touchy feely person so can tolerate touching feet only with sleep overs.

ifvirgosruledtheworldwedwhipyoass
ifvirgosruledtheworldwedwhipyoass
September 8, 2011 10:11 pm

Virgo Sun, Cancer rising, Aqua Moon plus Virg in three other things…

The recovery position, always required for a proper night’s sleep!

September 8, 2011 10:53 pm

OK aside from your AMAZING moniker, could you please explain recovery position for me? Is this like a post-CPR thing or a post-coital thing?

Pegasus
Pegasus
September 8, 2011 11:56 pm
Reply to  Lexicorn

My recovery position would be in the bath or shower.
Think it’s on your back, slightly turned to a certain side
for heart regularity.
Sleeping on your back was called the Royal Position and also
the best for prevention of winkles.

Bright
Bright
September 9, 2011 3:44 am
Reply to  Lexicorn

Recovery position is how you leave someone who is unconscious but breathing, say, if you’re the only person who can go get help/the phone.

It is a position on the side, with arms and legs helping keep the patient from rolling onto their back or onto their stomach, thus blocking or potentially blocking their airway.

piscesienne
piscesienne
September 8, 2011 9:47 pm

I tend to fall asleep in corpse pose, right in the middle of the bed … not a big sharer of my sleeping-and-dreaming space. I’m a fairly light sleeper, so any extra noise drives me nuts … thanks, hyper-active brain! I tend to wake up in a sort pf pigeon pose on my right side, with one arm under my head and my left leg at a right angle, spread out diagonally across the bed. Pisces sun, Libra ascendant, Gemini moon = hyper-active brain that is prone to some intense dreamscapes. Psych type, INTP, so fairly introverted, quiet and solitary… Read more »

Lauren
Lauren
September 8, 2011 11:07 pm
Reply to  piscesienne

I’m a pigeon pose person too. When I dream I tend to have crazy stimulating and fragmented dreams, so that I wake up feeling more tired than before I fell asleep! Nothing freaks me out more than being woken up while in the middle of a dream. I’ve had people try to have conversations with me while my brain is still caught up in a dream and while they claim that I was awake and answering their questions, if they ask me about what I said a few hours later when I AM fully conscious, I won’t have any idea… Read more »

Sparks
Sparks
September 8, 2011 9:19 pm

Aqua sun. I am identical to Savannah!

Taurean Alchemist
Taurean Alchemist
September 8, 2011 8:51 pm

Mystic, do you think the 12th house rules sleeping position? It has to be an unconscious thing, yes?

I don’t have one sleeping style – I range from curled up in a ball hugging a pillow clutching covers over ears to spread out a la diva with hair artfully placed.

I recently spent a huge amount of money on a super luxe mattress designed for ‘side sleepers’ and have ended up with back ache due to *not* sleeping on my side consistently enough. Apparently the mattress doesn’t give enough lumbar support for back sleeping or tummy sleeping.

*yawn*

Taurean Alchemist
Taurean Alchemist
September 8, 2011 9:01 pm

we’re adding our personality type?

OK, INTJ… but unconvinced on the introvert part. perhaps that just makes me uncommitted to being an introvert? (I have spent a long time in Hermit mode) Definitely independent, willful, changeable, opportunistic but also empathetic/compassionate, equal-minded, creative and addicted to beauty.

September 8, 2011 9:09 pm

lol I thought ‘meyers-briggs’ first but i don’t know if that was the requirement 😉

September 8, 2011 9:10 pm

similar to you TA i’m not so sure about the first letter. the “E/I” depends on the scenario, imo xx

September 8, 2011 10:46 pm

The E/I in Myers-Briggs rarely relates to whether you’re outgoing vs reserved, it’s more to do with problem solving. When faced with a problem do you need to extrnalise your process, write it down, talk it through, step back and look at it (Extrovert) or do you draw it in, think it out in private, analyse by yourself and then talk about it once you’ve already found your solution (Introvert).
Im a big show-offy talkative Introvert myself.
🙂

September 8, 2011 10:59 pm
Reply to  Lexicorn

Great take Lexi on the Into/Extra! Being an Intro I never quite got that as though I like time alone, I am totally a people person and need contact. love your explanation, thanks xx

September 8, 2011 11:03 pm
Reply to  fluidfeline

FYI see above post to LibraAquarius and I am an ISFP – not really any surprises there.

September 9, 2011 12:25 am
Reply to  Lexicorn

huh. interesting. I am still pretty sure I am an FP but the rest may have changed, it’s been a few years. I vaguely recall extro/introversion being where one felt more energised, with people or alone. i will revise.

September 9, 2011 1:18 am
Reply to  Lexicorn

I first took the test as a teen (my step-mother administered them daily) and was an INTP, but these days I score INFJ. got more emo and judgy with age 🙂

September 9, 2011 1:24 am
Reply to  Lexicorn

She administered them to clients, not us! lol.

That transition to a diff type kinda confirms my theory that we begin life more like our Rising and grow into our Sun sign. In my case, mutable rising = P, cardinal sun = J.

plutonic gem
plutonic gem
September 8, 2011 8:51 pm

It is probably not so cool to admit, but i lived in a bedroom much like this most of my 20’s… i am gen x, and courtney was our/my role model… lucky we made it out alive really! GEm sun, scorp rising, pisces moon – haunted? maybe… but have mostly been a deep and active sleeper, until recently, having developed late 30’s inclination towards insomnia or just needing less sleep… I talk a lot in my sleep (gem), thrash about and have been known to throw punches in my sleep (disturbed scorp… maybe) I dream A lot and love them… Read more »

Nic
Nic
September 8, 2011 8:30 pm

Libra Sun/Moon, Pisces rising. Curled up in a ball or occasionally the swastika. Melancholic personality.

September 8, 2011 8:28 pm

Diagonally. Whole bed. on back. Various combinations thereof. When single, which is a lot of the time. Deep, restful sleep unless going through extreme stress such as terrible breakup or mad work pressure (rare). I’ve forgotten how i sleep when someone else is present. pisces 9th house sun, gem asc, cap moon 8th.

September 8, 2011 8:31 pm

now i remember. sleeping entwined with lover is nice. except for summer when king size bed is necessary to maintain air-space and not steam to death under the sheets. hm.

September 8, 2011 8:41 pm

oh, right, personality type. ENFP. or: solitary, observant, irritatingly self-critical at times. annoyed by intrusive questioning, jealousy and aggression. Resents needy, overbearing types. loves being on the road, water or in the air. affectionate when sure it will be returned. sentimental when no one’s looking. likes animals, the ocean, sound data, erudition, too many cocktails, cooking and being taken to dinner. shy.

September 8, 2011 9:12 pm

Maybe I should use that description for an RSVP profile, if i ever believed in online dating (EEEEEEK)

September 8, 2011 10:56 pm

Could you please please please do that and then post the responses you get here for our entertainment?

September 9, 2011 12:21 am
Reply to  Lexicorn

hahaha will consider lex 🙂

mountaingirl
mountaingirl
September 9, 2011 7:59 am

was just thinking this was going to turn into an online dating forum.
maybe you have to put your location in too and we can see what happens!

September 9, 2011 9:02 am
Reply to  mountaingirl

I think I just got carried away 😉

renrun
renrun
January 22, 2018 10:03 am

Weird. Ditto almost all that except INFJ and hate cooking. Also, bed is top priority in my home with office space coming in at #2. Don’t even have a sofa so I could fit the king bed.

Pisces sun in the 9th, Cancer rising, Cap moon/venus in the 8th.

Baristagem
Baristagem
September 8, 2011 7:13 pm

😯

Gem Sun

I like to do the side sprawl and pretty much hog the bed. I like to tell Dr Aqua that I’m snuggling… but really I’m just spreading out.

I’m playful, love communicating, plus I can be kind of quiet and a little introverted at times (Pisces Asc) 😯

andromeda
andromeda
September 8, 2011 7:03 pm

Leo Sun, Gem Asc, Scorpio Moon. I look like I am rock-climbing, star-fish to the side on the tummy. I am loud and shy, manic and sensitive, sweet but sometimes a stirrer.
Lately I am sleeping a lot in a foetal position, but I that’s mainly to avoid toddlers kicking me in the head.

Andromeda
Andromeda
September 9, 2011 10:10 am
Reply to  andromeda

Am ENFJ. Interestingly on another blog for conspiracy theory there was a survey done and nearly 90% of peeps were INFJ…

September 9, 2011 11:04 am
Reply to  Andromeda

How fascinating considering INFJ is the least common type – only 1% of population apparently (although how they get that stat, who knows…)
So there’s very few of us but clearly we all flock to that one conspiracy theory site… perhaps I should check it out? hang with my kindred and psych each other out?

September 9, 2011 7:13 pm
Reply to  Lexicorn

I’m apparently INFJ.

1% sounds ridiculous. How can i have as few tuning-fork-vibe buds as that?