God, Gaia, Intelligent Designer or Evo?

Andy Warhold butterlies and insects art

Andy Warhol (was such a Leo)

Whenever i look at nature –  i am in awe of just how stunningly gorgeous flora & fauna can be.

Yes, i am leaving out cockroaches and, i don’t know, hydrangeas (joke) from this assessment but you know what i mean.

And who doesn’t look at butterflies, peonies or even zebras and think along the lines of ‘fuq, someone designed this!’

If it was evolutionary, wouldn’t everything just be in basic camoflague?

So anyway, citing your Sun Sign, if you had to choose between saying our Earth (please don’t bring up alternative dimensions at this point, even if you are Aqua/Uranian) was created by God, Gaia, Evolution, Intelligent Designer (with a thick one assisting?)  or that you are pantheist which would you cite?

And okay fine, go ahead and claim alt-dimensional dark matter alien stuff too, if it’s what you believe.

Mars is in Leo, we ain’t hiding our beliefs/ego/world view/our anything…

aquasunleoacscorpmn
aquasunleoacscorpmn
September 21, 2011 2:41 pm

I just call it the universe.. Because everything is united. I also like infinity because it means no beginning and no end. No one thing if looked close enough is the same. Infitity is the promise of love that is spoken in religious texts. It means we are eternal players, we really can do or create anything. Maybe not in a specific life but in another we could end up in a universe With diffrent laws, as much as we sometimes say we hate it here, We all chose this scenerio this this earth this universe. We are it. The… Read more »

Ãœber Virgo
Ãœber Virgo
September 20, 2011 5:35 pm

Virgo/Sagg/Aries: agnostic, part time Buddhist and nudist (weather permitting). Now, about evolution. It’s a brilliant, proven scientific theory explaining the survival of biological species. However, contrary to what Richard Dawkins has said, it is not “an explanation for everything”. (He has actually said and written that.) Evolutionary theory doesn’t apply to climatology, geology/geophysics, cosmology, astronomy, physics — i.e. the rest of ‘creation’. It also doesn’t tell us why all of this was created. I don’t know what or why either, but I sure as hell know something much bigger than all of us is operating around us, within us etc.… Read more »

Lexicorn
Lexicorn
September 20, 2011 10:34 pm
Reply to  Ãœber Virgo

I suspect you’re right about the universal reality TV show, but, umm… where the fuq’s our per diem??
Can I be IP and contract lawyer to The Source puhlease?

Lexicorn
Lexicorn
September 20, 2011 11:49 am

Cap Sun
While investigating all the possibilities seems a noble and engaging pursuit, we will never know, we CAN never know, and, at least in my humble opinion, anyone who claims to know probably doesn’t. I also think concepts of FACT make our brains and hearts smaller.
I like the idea of never knowing, and simply not knowing, and being forever marveled by the possibilities and mysteries of it all.
This to me is faith.
Faith is never certain, faith is always evolving. Faith is the ecstatic liberation from the decaying burden of Fact.

Ãœber Virgo
Ãœber Virgo
September 20, 2011 5:25 pm
Reply to  Lexicorn

Hallelujah.

September 20, 2011 7:18 pm
Reply to  Lexicorn

Crumbs, you do sound rather Piscean at the moment.

Lexicorn
Lexicorn
September 20, 2011 10:28 pm
Reply to  milleunanotte

It’s the dangerously aspected Neptune in me, I live to (not) give (a shit). xx
🙂

September 20, 2011 11:49 pm
Reply to  Lexicorn

oh yes you do (give a shit)! ;P

Lexicorn
Lexicorn
September 21, 2011 10:17 am
Reply to  prowlncrab

yes, yes I do. tis true.

leony
leony
September 20, 2011 11:43 am

Hahahah that is very funny andro, & so very human !!! I guess I’m just with those who are happy to say I don’t know – not that I’m not interested, its full of fascinating questions & has been most thought provoking read here. But the scariest folks in my view are the ones most sure that they do know … Humans as manifestation of not-god … perhaps, if god just means all As an aside I’m wondering about the spanish use of the word manifestaccione for the gathering of people in the street to protest – manifesting a grouping… Read more »

Andromeda
Andromeda
September 20, 2011 4:00 pm
Reply to  leony

Yes, v. human! Must say, though I have had a few experiences talking to Ascended masters, Jesus etc, in deep meditation and during healing experiences, I still can’t claim to really ‘know’ anything. But neither can I deny the experiences and the impact they had on me!

September 20, 2011 8:46 am

Maybe this is naughty to quote in this context, largely because I have no opinion myself, but I watched an interview with this lady named Laura Knight-Jadzyk. She calls herself (among other things) a PaleoChristian Shaman. Anyway, she said a man came to her and was telling her he didn’t believe in the soul. She said, “Well that’s because you don’t have one”. He was all like, WHAT? She says some people are not energetically human in the same way as others. The man was very offended at this and stated he was absolutely a human. She said yes, but… Read more »

fallen angel
fallen angel
September 20, 2011 9:20 am
Reply to  andromeda

Well. That’s a bit of a Peter & Wendy convo in’nit? Funny though. But isn’t soul self-determined as well? Even the most vile of creatures (a la the Sewer) would have one I suppose..though he certainly demonstrated behavior soundly stating otherwise.

That is amusing, and I think your little game of detachment is useful. At least I tell myself that as I engage in it myself specially when confronted by someone acting like an unevolved mutant a la the day job…

Catsmeow
Catsmeow
September 20, 2011 10:46 am
Reply to  andromeda

It seems weirdly contradictory to not believe in souls but to be insulted when someone tells you that you don’t have one. What should you care, you don’t believe that they exist?

September 20, 2011 3:15 pm
Reply to  andromeda

ummm …. colour blindness is not actually a disability – it’s a genetically inherited adaption from our hunter gatherer days. Hunters are “colour blind” because it provides the competitive advantage of being able to see animal camouflage and screen out too many colour distractions in the environment. This is why only men have genetically inherited colour blindness. Ergo … evolution proves itself once again and Ms Paleo Christian Shaman comes off sounding judgemental, whilst being completely uneducated as to the actual facts.

Andromeda
Andromeda
September 20, 2011 3:53 pm
Reply to  prowlncrab

That’s so interesting re colour blindness Prowln, I hadn’t heard that! As for Paleo, I also think she sounds judgemental though she insists she ain’t. I don’t think the reason for colour blindness was her point though, more about comparing the affect.

CM Maybe the idea of being without a form of energy that doesn’t die but carries on is disturbing to some even if they don’t believe in God/the Source? Curious thought.

FA that’s a great way to take the personal out of the equation!

September 20, 2011 4:31 pm
Reply to  Andromeda

hmmm strikes me as pretty manipulative. Seems like she lacks compassion and respect for people who don’t subscribe to her world view.

September 20, 2011 7:55 pm
Reply to  prowlncrab

When it gets to reading people’s energy field, then I could understand such a perspective (if that’s what she really sees), but if it is a retaliatory lie, then goodness it’s not a pretty one at all. I haven’t tried to perceive this nor have I heard this idea from people I respect. Maybe it could happen once in the history of humankind, but I really doubt it, it kind of goes with the design I think.

September 20, 2011 11:48 pm
Reply to  andromeda

My Saggo friend the energy healer, would never use a passive aggresive psychic put-down like that as a way to prove a point to a non believer – even though she’s got a stellium of Scorp (Asc, Venus & Mars) plus a critical Virgo moon on hand. She’s an excellent role model for reining in the ego’s tendancy to attack or defend a position if confronted. She just doesn’t engage because so what? Way cool. I adore her.

leony
leony
September 21, 2011 5:59 am
Reply to  prowlncrab

Is it a pass-agg put-down, or simply a statement of factual observation ? (given I know nothing about this lady, who could be a gifted shaman & right about what she sees & says, or an egoistic & manipulative fraud, or somewhere in between – I personally tend to distrust christian anything) But maybe having or not having a soul IS just the same as having or not having color vision for green – simply a differently oriented adaptation What she did do was make him change his mind completely in a fraction of a second – whether that was… Read more »

September 21, 2011 9:18 am
Reply to  leony

Well I honestly don’t know myself. I get the impression like Prowln I don’t quite trust the intent of Paleo Shaman woman. Yet I also think she is in a place where she believes her words to be quite factual. I trust Prowln’s acute Cancerian instincts for bull too! The question of not having a soul was in a larger context in the interview from which I am sloppily quoting, so while put-downish it did have a point. If you feel I am being put-downish by quoting it, it wasn’t my intent, I was more curious about the reaction and… Read more »

September 20, 2011 8:30 am

Hi I have a question!

So do atheists here think believers in Spirit are misguided, OR do they think that they have not had the experience therefore it is not their personal experience but that it is possible that God exists for others?

Ha ha, I won’t be offended by your answers I promise!

selkie
selkie
September 20, 2011 11:36 am
Reply to  andromeda

I like Gould’s idea that science and religion are “non-overlapping magisteria”. People who want to make others choose between them because they are “incompatible”are arguing from false premise and that goes equally for the Dawkins crowd as it does for the anti-science people.

September 20, 2011 2:00 pm
Reply to  selkie

I like that too! Thanks. I was just curious how people reconcile these ideas.

September 20, 2011 3:37 pm
Reply to  andromeda

I think there are only three answers to the god questions: yes, no or maybe. And none of them can be proved one way or another. An atheist cannot categorically state there is no god based on lack of evidence – to be conclusive you would have to actually prove that god does not exist. A believer cannot categorically state there is a god based only on experiential evidence, as this is not the way we prove a fact. Therefore I put myself in the category of maybe leaning towards no, as it’s really the only logical position I think… Read more »

September 20, 2011 3:40 pm
Reply to  prowlncrab

… and I wouldn’t judge someone based on their faith. I judge them on their character and behaviour overall. An asshole is an asshole whether scientist or priest.

September 20, 2011 7:51 pm
Reply to  prowlncrab

Soz, but I had to quote this, it so reminds me of what you are saying!!!:

“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thorns, or figs from thistles?
So, every sound tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears evil fruit. A sound tree cannot bear evil fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit…
Thus you will know them by their fruits”.
Or, like, what you said. 🙂 lol.

chirochiq
chirochiq
September 20, 2011 8:02 am

Wow, clarity !!! i love the above ideas !!!

i’m thinking that human interpretations can go so wrong, like religious dogmas and yes labelling can restrict more than help or illuminate…we are each unique after all

i have been very reverent of beautiful things in nature, particularly animals, i sometimes think they have an overall intelligence and heart/soul, finer, more honest and more graceful than humans. i think i’m an animal whisperer in some ways, just not with snakes

September 20, 2011 7:48 am

Having had deep discussions with the Aqua housemate on this subject, I’m coming around to the idea that as yet we don’t have a full understanding of the energetic spectrum or its properties. We also don’t quite know how the physics of energy alters from a relatively small scale (a planet) across large territories (multiple star systems). “God” or any other spiritual labels we apply to the universe’s existance and behaviour is just that – a label to explain something we don’t understand and yet find compellingly intriguing. If you brought a priest from the dark ages into the 21st… Read more »

Aquarpio
Aquarpio
September 20, 2011 7:41 am

Oh Mystic, I could write yards on nature! I’m a pantheist and I also believe in evolution (and my Aquarius sun strongly objects to using “believe in” about evolution -scientifically proven!!!!). And I don’t think the two are mutually exclusive, I think that the evolution of one species supports or at least interacts with the evolution of another and that this is a great illustration of pantheism. Anyway, little nature tidbit for you on zebra’s: their markings actually are camouflage in that when they’re grouped together all the crazy stripes “confuse” the vision of their predators in that they cannot… Read more »

Lucy
Lucy
September 20, 2011 5:00 am

“Sacred Energy”, I like that. Comforting. Some things are too beautiful and too neat even for the best artist/designer to have made.

Take a rainbow for instance.

I.M.
I.M.
September 20, 2011 4:06 am

Kataka sun, I am agnostic. I believe in evolution, and don’t believe in intelligent design or God, but I think it’s arrogant to be absolute about it. I also agree with some others here who have said that the science does not necessarily exclude spiritualism.

Aquarpio
Aquarpio
September 20, 2011 7:42 am
Reply to  I.M.

Yes, me too: science doesn’t exclude spiritualism at all. Hasn’t everyone see What the Bleep Do We Know?!

thora
thora
September 20, 2011 3:09 am

virgo sun, taurus moon, capricorn rising.

yes, all of the above. a divine/cosmic being that is too vast and too transcendant for us to ever fully understand, designed/is designing, including evolution, and part of that process is that this being is part of everything, every flower, every bee, every human. whether you call it “god” or “gaia” or “the divine spark within” or “the flying spaghetti monster”, it’s all the same.

many paths to the top of mt fuji, etc.

Charles
Charles
September 20, 2011 2:20 am

Ooh nice. That’s a really early Warhol painting from when he was a relatively unknown fashion illustrator.

selkie
selkie
September 20, 2011 1:17 am

Evolution. You don’t need to be a theist to feel the connectedness of all matter and energy. Science is great, not because it is a vast body of knowledge, though it is, or an infallible method, it isn’t, but because with all the human hiccups along the way, it will still be helping us to understand ourselves and our universe for as long as we exist. Astrology is great because it is a very old, evolving metaphor for human life and the stages we all, more or less, move through. If you superimposed every possible chart, horary, nth harmonic, etc… Read more »

GeorgeSand
GeorgeSand
September 20, 2011 12:29 am

I can’t believe in this day and age (or maybe I can) that we still need to debate this. Okay, so I live in the U.S. and this is a serious topic of conversation and might even be a deciding factor of who will be the next President. Evolution obviously. I really fear that we are returning to the Dark Ages.

I am Scorpio Sun.

P.S. Disclaimer: I just woke up and haven’t had my first cup of coffee.

AquaMeg
AquaMeg
September 20, 2011 4:02 am
Reply to  GeorgeSand

George, you don’t need a cup of coffee to speak the truth. I second what you said, as a fellow USer.

St Pisces
St Pisces
September 19, 2011 11:58 pm

As a Christian, I think God got it done… but not some dude with a white beard. (That’s Zeus/Jupiter, as sanitized and neutered by early Catholics!)

More likely an all-pervasive force of intellligent love, who doesn’t have a “divine plan” so much as a “divine tapestry of life”.

Pisces sun sign.

PonPon
PonPon
September 19, 2011 11:54 pm

I believe in a divine energy within everything, Brahman in hindu philosophy, that created everything at some point, but that we are also evolving. Adaptation is well documented and evolution is happening. But I don’t think that we all started as simply molecules. I also think that maybe a very long time ago aliens could have landed on earth and we might be descendants of them. But my theory is not that they came during the ancient mayans or egyptians times, as alot of alien theorists say, but far longer back in time. Either way I don’t really know what… Read more »

Scorched Earth
Scorched Earth
September 19, 2011 11:36 pm

Nobody really knows as perception is all and that is mostly individual and occassionally shared in part and rarely shared in full. I like the mystery. After years of questing for this that and the other I have never felt more empowered in ‘not knowing’ than I have in assuming to know. It opens up grand new vistas, has no limits, has no recourse for me to be wrong in all my theories or assuptions and that, my friends is real freedom and that is what I think may be the gift of gaia or whatever name we choose to… Read more »

wildwood
wildwood
September 19, 2011 11:15 pm

Evolution – this seems way more magical to me than a designer god making things up – MATTER is magic!!
Sagittarius Sun/Rising, Aqua moon

Quadrupled
Quadrupled
September 19, 2011 10:42 pm

I don’t need to know. I am here to cry in awe and in horror for our condition as we know, see, feel.

Gem Sun/Pisces rising

Domestic Triffid
Domestic Triffid
September 19, 2011 10:38 pm

We are all part of Godde, “that universal spirit that animates and binds all things in existence.” I hate to admit it, but that quote’s from “Bedazzled ” 😀 This planet is alive – its consciousness we have named “Gaia”. Living things evolve – this is not incompatible with either Godde or Gaia. There are many dimensions and planes to existence, and this meatsuit that we wear only allows us to really perceive the plane (The Linear) that we are currently using it to explore. This is not incompatible with Godde, Gaia, Pantheism or Evolution. Intercessionary deities such as Ganesha,… Read more »

September 19, 2011 10:51 pm

I love that DF. And I love Peter Cook and Dudley More’s ‘bedazzled’ fillum from the 70’s. Its one of my top 5, easy. “Some say that the Ego creates a split (the notion of The Fall)” .. the lucifer concept ?, lucifer, the morning star, the light bearer who shines with the light of a thousand stars. So many paradoxes with this story. Lucifer asks for only one thing, freedom ! now he has it. here we are. I think that by repairing this myth we might sort out a lot of what ails us. Are we for or… Read more »

Domestic Triffid
Domestic Triffid
September 20, 2011 11:46 am

*laughs* yes – there are many paradoxes here – the Tree of Knowledge – knowledge of self. Is it possible to conceive of both being a separate entity and at the same time part of Godde ? And if so, how would we live ?

Fish
Fish
September 19, 2011 10:13 pm

Karma…everything we experience is dependent to mind.
Pieces sun, Taurus moon.

Fish
Fish
September 19, 2011 10:14 pm
Reply to  Fish

Darn that auto spell check… Pisces sun, Taurus moon

twinfishrising
twinfishrising
September 19, 2011 11:33 pm
Reply to  Fish

Lol, am with u on the auto spellcheck dilemmas, Fish. Surprised it didn’t want you as a pies sun. 🙂

Kinda agree with you re the power of the state of mind.

Ye olde saying that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. …

plutonic gem
plutonic gem
September 19, 2011 10:08 pm

Gemini sun, totally voomped up by mars in leo and all my previous understandings of my answer to this question just dissipate into the glorious state of “I dont know”… but i like looking : )

Catsmeow
Catsmeow
September 19, 2011 10:03 pm

I look at all those things and never think that someone had to design them. Really, why exactly is it so hard to believe that we evolved this way? It doesn’t need to be any more complicated than that. Firm believer in evolution and NATURE, not god or anything like it… Leo sun, Aqua moon, Scorpio asc. I consider myself an atheist because I don’t believe in god/god-like beings, but I’m “in touch” spiritually. I believe in ghosts, spirits, whatever you’d like to call them, so much so that there is no Tarot in the house because it being a… Read more »

Catsmeow
Catsmeow
September 19, 2011 10:12 pm
Reply to  Catsmeow

And to say that evolution can’t account for beauty is, I believe, a farce. It discredits the power of nature and personally I think it’s insulting. We are inspired by nature, not the other way around, so it’s perfectly believable to me that nature is capable of creating its own beauty without the help of a being (whomever that being may be).

September 19, 2011 10:40 pm
Reply to  Catsmeow

Maybe the accepted evolutionary theory..Darwin et al.. is not so beautiful, not a true reflection on nature. Darwin didn’t know about genes, thats a big difference. Evolution is obviously in play because we all know more than Darwin ever did. We are evolving. Then again we could just be a big pot of dna germs recombining into different forms, to suit the environment.
Do you think consciousness has evolved Cm ?

Catsmeow
Catsmeow
September 19, 2011 11:39 pm

I don’t know if I’d say consciousness has evolved so much as it has shifted. As far as I can tell, we are still asking same questions we were asking for as long as we can remember. Technological developments and earth’s changes as time goes on are better suited to answer those questions, or so we may think, which has developed our consciousness – in a way. But still the same questions, just recycled and yet to be fully answered. 🙂 Though I think it is best that way. What would life be without questions? Evolution would cease if that… Read more »

Fi
Fi
September 19, 2011 10:46 pm
Reply to  Catsmeow

Yet the whole evolution argument is geared around genetic survival – that’s why it doesn’t completely account for the beauty to me. Why do things that survive on plankton need to be so beautiful to survive or so infinite in their variety of colour and form etc? Why sea horses etc? Darwin NEVER explained that very well. He explained mutation and adaptation as it occurs over time very well – but the “nature” that you – and I, by the way – are speaking of seems to be a force way beyond that of which Darwin speaks. What IS nature?… Read more »

September 19, 2011 10:59 pm
Reply to  Fi

..and I don’t think ? he figured on devolution. There are species who are considered weaker and less complex than their forebears.

Catsmeow
Catsmeow
September 19, 2011 11:44 pm
Reply to  Fi

Yes yes, all valid questions, though likewise I have to wonder why, if there is some kind of god, he/she/it chooses the way it does? Why should seahorses be so extravagant and not elephants? Is the god/s just designing on a whim? I need not know exactly why one animal is more beautiful than the other, or who/what is responsible for it, simply that it is! Though I still think that the “whims” of nature are more feasible than the whims of an unknown being.

To me nature is magic, but a magic that sustains itself.

aquarianne
aquarianne
September 20, 2011 5:45 am
Reply to  Catsmeow

And why, if there is some kind of god, he/she/it chooses to create cockroaches, HIV. tuberculosis, climate catastrophes which cause millions to starve in places like Africa at present, people like Pol Pot and Hitler and fundamentalist christians moslems and any other religion whose followers believe that only they will go to heaven and everyone else will burn in hell?

aquarianne
aquarianne
September 20, 2011 5:49 am
Reply to  aquarianne

Sorry, meant all kinds of religions who despise each other. Was not implying that moslems believe people of other religions will go to hell

September 19, 2011 9:38 pm

Aries sun, gem asc, gem moon When I was young I would speak to god and he/she would answer. When I was older I learnt that the galaxy is my mother and that we are all star stuff. Now, I understand that mind creates any reality it chooses, and that we are the designers. As far as to whether we were created or just evolved from primordial slime ? Well is it possible to modify genetic material, yes ? … A ‘probability’ then is that any intelligent civilization either from the past or from our sector of the universe could… Read more »

Bull with sting in tail
Bull with sting in tail
September 20, 2011 12:49 am

Ok… you got me

Praise for some of the insight of DavidL

Every habitat is an evolutionary one, some are more cloistered, some range the length and breadth of this planet, all produce species more individuated and wonderful than you can possibly imagine, they, we, it, us,…. all doing unique stuff to our species

So what are we doing……

Ascended Aquarius
Ascended Aquarius
September 19, 2011 8:26 pm

An evolving Gaia. Evolution of the earth and it’s inhabitants is evident as to hoe it’s changed over the millennia but I believe the earth acts and reacts and needs to be looked after like it does have some kind of “sentience” or spirit.

kat lady
kat lady
September 19, 2011 8:22 pm

Love the bugs…!
Katakan/Sagg asc/Scorp moon

Libraquarius
Libraquarius
September 19, 2011 8:18 pm

If you’re interested in the concept of a spiritual world, or a world of spirit, you might find this article interesting. I return to it time and time again because it hints at a world of mystery from the perspective of Aboriginal people and I find it fascinating.

leogroover
leogroover
September 19, 2011 8:53 pm
Reply to  Libraquarius

Thx LA will read it once I’ve finished power resume writing. Got to go with the Mars in Leo flow.

Ruth
Ruth
September 19, 2011 10:36 pm
Reply to  Libraquarius

Oh, have you seen the movie 12 Canoe’s ? Best movie I’ve seen in a long time

wildwood
wildwood
September 19, 2011 11:36 pm
Reply to  Libraquarius

wonderful article, thanks for posting 🙂

unpredictable pisces
unpredictable pisces
September 19, 2011 11:57 pm
Reply to  Libraquarius

now that is true. I love to hear Dreamtime creation stories. What I also like is that all creation stories from all cultures describe events that are believed to have occurred e.g. giant floods, epic meteor showers, quakes, etc

Gneiss Moon
Gneiss Moon
September 20, 2011 11:30 am
Reply to  Libraquarius

he painted himself into another world~ beautiful.

leogroover
leogroover
September 19, 2011 8:13 pm

Me thinks a combo of spirit of the universe and pantheism. Can’t deny the power of nature.

R
R
September 19, 2011 8:09 pm

Aquarius, Pisces rising and scorpio moon. I don’t know what it is but certainly not “Intelligent Design”, pantheism or evo/revo/lution I recon. Every morning for the past 6 years in spring and summer ‘Mr Tappy’ (a Splendid/Blue Wren) wakes me up tapping on my muse, a stained glass flower window I made from a schoolbook doodle. I’m sure they don’t live that long so he must have taught his kids even though they get no nectar from this glass flower. which leads me to think WTF have I taught my kids.

AquaMeg
AquaMeg
September 20, 2011 3:55 am
Reply to  R

if you’ve taught them to notice such things as Mr. Tappy and his amazing habits, then you’ve done well.

It’s all in the noticing. If we don’t see, we don’t pay attention.

unpredictable pisces
unpredictable pisces
September 19, 2011 7:56 pm

straight-up evolution all the way. until proven otherwise.

I realise this hardcore science directly contradicts my following of astrology and whatever, but frankly any other theory would put me straight in the basket with those other creationists who like to get all in the middle of science classes. I like to keep my facts and self-serving beliefs quite separate.

I do wonder though if the odd bout of cosmic radiation had a hand in a few convenient mutations over the eons.

unpredictable pisces
unpredictable pisces
September 19, 2011 7:57 pm

nb I don’t put you guys in with ‘those creationists’.

unpredictable pisces
unpredictable pisces
September 19, 2011 9:17 pm

pps. quantum physics is probably where it’s at for me. and, lastly, a bit of pantheism / shinto goes a long way.

hippychic
hippychic
September 19, 2011 7:07 pm

Thankyou for bringing this up at this time.
Spring is on full operation where I am and I too am often gobsmaked by natures creations. I am still at the age of Uranus opposition constantly looking wide mouthed like a child at many amazing creations from the beautiful creative energy of Gaia our earth our home and all her little fairy friends ;).

hippychic
hippychic
September 19, 2011 7:09 pm
Reply to  hippychic

oh ah – Libra stellium inc sun, aqua moon and aries rising

CT
CT
September 19, 2011 6:58 pm

Taurus sun, Aqua moon, Aqua rising.

Pantheism all the way.

Fi
Fi
September 19, 2011 6:57 pm

Funny, this post, Mystic, because I have always looked at flowers and amazing underwater creatures and thought, nup, if it was just evolution, there would be no need for all this exquisite beauty and variation. Colour, sure, to attract mates and all that, but there’s gotta be something else, and if it is just chaos (a la post einsteinian physics), well, that doesn’t make sense of the beauty either. I totally agree with whomever above said that we are coming full circle, hopefully to a time when knowledge of spiritual mysteries and physics/biology will re-converge – but in the meantime,… Read more »

Fi
Fi
September 19, 2011 7:03 pm
Reply to  Fi

oops -sagg sun, scorp asc.

mk
mk
September 19, 2011 6:43 pm

Libra Sun. Cap ascendant.

Evolution most definitely.

I am also agnostic. Life is a beautiful mystery.

Odette-in-Libra
Odette-in-Libra
September 20, 2011 5:53 pm
Reply to  mk

Agnostic = Life is a beautiful mystery. I love that. 🙂

I’m Libra Sun/Gemini Asc.
I think several of those may be part of the whole truth, to the extent that our limited human minds can comprehend it. Evolution seems pretty obvious to me. Gaia, God & Pantheism feel right.

I’m an open question & I’d rather rejoice than try to fit the universe into a little box.

(I just hope this planet & all its beauty survive human despoiling.)

fallen angel
fallen angel
September 19, 2011 6:40 pm

Kataka Sun, Moon Aqua, Virgo Riser born, raised and schooled Catholic with a Latin Catholic mother and Chinese Taoist father. Can anything be more opposed to each other than that? Sigh.. I think God and Gaia are two faces of a Force, manifesting as it sees fit, though I feel it as The One. The ocean expressing itself in varying waves. It goes without saying I don’t really bother thinking about God as seen in the usual religious sense. Evolution is part of its Intelligent Design, as well as its methodology. Perhaps someone somewhere is shrieking at how I’ve made… Read more »

year of the fox
year of the fox
September 20, 2011 12:11 am
Reply to  fallen angel

Raised similar to you! Roman Catholic father and Buddhist mother. You learn how to accept glaring spiritual anomalies and cobble together your own universe. Pantheist all the way! And pro-evolution!

I don’t understand why everyone seems to think evolution is a belief. It just describes what is physically happening in a scientific way. It doesn’t try to assert spiritually at all. That is separate and for each individual to figure out.

I have the Nicki Minaj booty except I didn’t need implants. It’s scary and looks completely wrong on an asian-latin mutt.

GeorgeSand
GeorgeSand
September 20, 2011 2:37 am

Exactly. It can be compatible with religious belief. These sort of debates drive me nuts.

fallen angel
fallen angel
September 20, 2011 7:23 am

YOTF, I think people argue it as a belief when it really isn’t one. It does baffle me why we simply can’t accept that if indeed their version of God existed, he could’ve used evolution?

But if I were shown yet another pamphlet extolling the evils of man developing through the stages complete with damning bible passages, I don’t know what I’d do.

Lucky girl with the booty.. mine all went to the chest, though it’s nowhere near the size of what’s considered big in the plastic boob world. 🙂

equilibrium girl
equilibrium girl
September 19, 2011 6:33 pm

Athiest. Evolution. Capricorn.

…Although I do believe in some kind of force or energy keeping nature in check. A protective, balancing force. Probably my Libra rising talking.

twinfishrising
twinfishrising
September 19, 2011 6:32 pm

Gemini What a gorgeous post to come home to Not God. Don’t believe in such a feral concept. Intelligent design just sounds like a beurocratic policy. Not enough magic/ soul to it. Gaia – yes, a musical Gaia. A great big holy Earth family like The Village People , only expanded times infinity. I mean there is no vacation, how can we vacate? This is home. No holiday ( holy days) or great escape , unless you wanna consider the here and now as a spiritless prison. P.s. I lost 3 games of pool to a real life cowboy today… Read more »

twinfishrising
twinfishrising
September 19, 2011 6:33 pm
Reply to  twinfishrising

Typo, the cowboy was in the clink for killing his brother, not looking him! Predictive text, so pure.

Scorched Earth
Scorched Earth
September 19, 2011 11:28 pm
Reply to  twinfishrising

Ur ps got me TFR… interesting… that’s the stuff life was and continues to be built on.. experiences.. all of em. Luv it!

September 19, 2011 6:12 pm

All of the above!
One does not necessarily cancel out the other.

The Divine Creator/Source/Great Spirit creates all the tools for evolution,
sweet Gaia has no doubt created elements of the Earth Herself, meanwhile I perceive that all things have an energy or self-ness.

We are all co-creators of our reality. The great spirits who guide our way, Ascended Masters, our ET friends no doubt shape and direct things too.

From my shamanic-style wanderings I would say it’s VERY crowded multiverse that we inhabit!

Leo Sun, Gem Asc, Scorp Moon.

September 19, 2011 7:17 pm
Reply to  andromeda

p.s. did a Pranic Healing course on the weekend. The teacher laughed and said, “I have all the atheists invoking the Divine Spirit now you see!”.
A worried looking atheist asked if he could omit that part. The teacher threw up her hand, “Do what you like. We just give you the quickest, tried and tested method. If you want to work slower that is your choice. You can try both ways”.

hippychic
hippychic
September 19, 2011 7:38 pm
Reply to  andromeda

*like*

Nic
Nic
September 19, 2011 6:03 pm

Libra sun and moon. Pisces rising.

Evolution all the way!

I am, however agnostic, so am open to the possibility that something intelligent/conscious created evolution itself. But frankly, I think evolution is miraculous enough. Why speculate the existence of god when we have something so magical right in front of our noses?

Zaiborg
Zaiborg
September 19, 2011 5:32 pm

When I cease looking
AWARE what I see
ALL is reflection
Of THAT, which is me

(Scorpio with Taoist leanings…)

twinfishrising
twinfishrising
September 19, 2011 7:00 pm
Reply to  Zaiborg

🙂

lyouke
lyouke
September 19, 2011 9:22 pm
Reply to  Zaiborg

Love that zaiborg, and agree.

mountaingirl
mountaingirl
September 19, 2011 5:28 pm

ARIES SUN… LEO MOON… TAURUS ASCENDANT et al
GAIA is the intelligent designer aka god IMO

Libraquarius
Libraquarius
September 19, 2011 5:27 pm

Aqua Rising, Sun in 12th house – I used to be an agnostic but had so much confirmation of magic and mystery beyond our ken, including accurate messages from those in spirit to the living which has left me gobsmacked when I’ve done the occasional mediumship, that I simply believe now in a cosmic intelligence. I mean, when you look at astrology and how planetary influences permeate our lives, how can you not believe in some sort of divinity or sacred energy? But puh-leez, not the “Intelligent Design” of god-botherers like Palin et all who believe we popped up fully… Read more »

Gneiss Moon
Gneiss Moon
September 20, 2011 4:55 am
Reply to  Libraquarius

Virgo Sun conj Uranus. Yes ! Well put, LA ! The sacred geometry present in all forms of life/energy is awesome. I was watching Thunderbolts of the Gods and learned that plasma in space twines for efficient travel- like the kundalini in the human body, or DNA. Micro and macro energy travels in the same patterns. The spinning whorls in a tide pool and the spinning of spiral galaxies. There are more forms of bugs and insects than humans on the planet- respect ! I had no idea what a grasshoppers foot looks like until one sat on my finger… Read more »