Chic Simple Living Tips From Libra

A chic-simple living tip from Kiki De Montparnasse – 1920’s artist’s model, dancer, official beauty, writer, Surrealist and Libra:

“All I need is an onion, a bit of bread, and a bottle of red [wine]; and I will always find somebody to offer me that.”

She also had Mars-Venus in Scorpio Rising. Super-intense, mega-libido and potentially hyper-bats.

It really comes through if you peruse her Wiki or any of the reviews of her biography.

July 9, 2018 5:19 pm

Can someone please explain to me her statement. capricorn moon venus aries trying to understand why she wouldn’t just bloody get it herself. Thank you love pi x

July 9, 2018 9:28 pm
Reply to  Sam

Because she was a social force, a generator of social force that fed also on it, and a hard-living addict who would make grand gestures as that is what she also desired. She was a living Bitch-Goddess for those who knew her well in her times, and who were also feeling the existential crisis of all institutions failing (Church, peace, economy, war, art, sexual relating, artists as whores and poor and as movers and shakers). She let these projections and that zeitgeist move through her, and projections and zeitgeist channels know that in the emptiest and roughest moments, some random… Read more »

crisannm
crisannm
July 9, 2018 2:43 pm

What does it mean to have Venus in Scorpio Rising? I have googled, and am not coming up with any answers. TIA.

orianaaa
orianaaa
October 5, 2011 8:39 am

I am so inspired by this post. I saw kiki and was instantly drawn in- partially because our facial features are so similar. Then I thought about how tasty onion and bread sounded. Turns out she was a Libra Scorp rising like me…excellent. I’ve also got Merc, Saturn, Pluto in Scorp. Obsession.

Mimi Torchia Boothby Watercolors
Mimi Torchia Boothby Watercolors
August 4, 2011 12:46 am

she could make any food taste better by sauteing onion with it perhaps!

Anonymous
Anonymous
August 4, 2011 1:47 pm

Omg. I want to be her, right now.

Andromeda
Andromeda
August 3, 2011 7:14 pm

My goodness, what terrible wind the poor dear must have had on that diet.

leogroover
leogroover
August 3, 2011 6:38 pm

Love this era of writers and poets artists etc. How risque it was espech for women. I basically lived on red wine, baguetttes and cheese as a poor, starving backpacker in France so it can be done.

unpredictable pisces
unpredictable pisces
August 3, 2011 6:26 pm

The anti-Libran in me says, “why the fuq can’t you just find it yourself?

nat
nat
August 3, 2011 6:49 pm

Hee hee. Yeah, make your own onion sandwich why dontcha! Must have been hugely conflicting to have internal butterfly/air inside an intense deep body?

unpredictable pisces
unpredictable pisces
August 3, 2011 10:13 pm
Reply to  nat

possibly nat – I know a few libra-scorp combos (nost notably the libran scorpio frenemy). The scorp has a strong hold and when the soul underneath is a bit f-ed up or malicious-minded then..hmm. It seems common to have a dollop of a neighbouring sign, at least a mercury or venus which are never too far away from le soleil.

nat
nat
August 4, 2011 7:01 am

Good analysis UP. A Lo-Libra vibe inside with a Lo-Scorp action outside could be a pretty awful combo: random acts of malice, desperately drawing people in only to sting them with venom. Yick. Of all the neighbouring Sign combos (for Merc, Venus, Sun) that is an uncomfortable one to get working. Cardinal Air with Fixed Water.

SaturnRuled
SaturnRuled
August 3, 2011 2:22 pm

I find it hard to believe a Libran said that. She must have been having a Saturn transit.

numoon
numoon
August 3, 2011 2:38 pm
Reply to  SaturnRuled

Yeah, can imagine her scorpy parts made her say it.

unpredictable pisces
unpredictable pisces
August 3, 2011 6:25 pm
Reply to  numoon

hahahaha

Gneiss Moon
Gneiss Moon
August 3, 2011 1:17 pm

Such lovely eyes, will look for the book at the library, thank you.

Lucy
Lucy
August 3, 2011 1:05 pm

Something so sexy and free about not needing a lot. Comes a time when it swings the other way though and you need a few more things & people & time otherwise the ledge you are on feels like a trap eventually.

twinfishrising
twinfishrising
August 3, 2011 2:14 pm
Reply to  Lucy

True. Even though you can see the stars from the gutter it’s still a gutter!

cleo
cleo
August 3, 2011 11:38 am

did she eat the onion raw? hard to believe.

Sweetpea
Sweetpea
August 3, 2011 2:17 pm
Reply to  cleo

Kataka Sun, Sagg Moon, Scorp rising daughter ate raw onion as a child as did double ,

Sweetpea
Sweetpea
August 3, 2011 2:20 pm
Reply to  Sweetpea

xx Leo Mum liked raw onion too…I would eat far more onion except that I rub and breath on people for a living (massage therapist) 🙂

Sweetpea
Sweetpea
August 3, 2011 2:24 pm
Reply to  Sweetpea

*breathe*….but we breathin’ it too

The Leo Socialite
The Leo Socialite
August 3, 2011 11:31 am

Yes! I love these woman too. Mystic one said they were the pluto in gemini generation. Zelda Fitzgerald. And Edna St Millay, the one who wrote something like “my candle burns at both ends, it will not last the night, but while it burns, oh what a lovely light.”

taking away their glamour and talent, a lot of them did have horrid lives, sadistic lovers, poverty and partying that would be definitely alcoholism today but still they fascinate. it is partly as we live in a world where kardashians and that hilton mole make news.

domestic, wot is a sestina?

numoon
numoon
August 3, 2011 12:36 pm

Simone de Beauvoir would puke into her glass, even her turban would be nauseated by the (non)spectacle of those kardash’ et al.

Domestic Triffid
Domestic Triffid
August 3, 2011 6:12 pm

A Sestina is a masochistic poetry form 🙂 Here’s wiki – is a highly structured poem consisting of six six-line stanzas followed by a tercet (called its envoy or tornada), for a total of thirty-nine lines. The same set of six words ends the lines of each of the six-line stanzas, but in a different order each time; if we number the first stanza’s lines 123456, then the words ending the second stanza’s lines appear in the order 615243, then 364125, then 532614, then 451362, and finally 246531. This organization is referred to as retrogradatio cruciata (“retrograde cross”). These six… Read more »

unpredictable pisces
unpredictable pisces
August 3, 2011 10:09 pm

it’s an urge you gotta obey triffid. may the force be with you! x

Domestic Triffid
Domestic Triffid
August 3, 2011 11:26 am

Luvverly bum ! There’s a certain sort of Frenchwoman from that era – liberated to the point of insanity – whom I find fascinating; probably my uptight Virgo rising – horrified, but mesmerised… Others include Chanel, Anais Nin, Edith Piaf, Josephine Baker and Colette…. All successful; but the suffering that they went through to achieve it ! Maybe there is a streak of masochism – a desire for suffering, without which one never makes immortal art. My “Artist’s Way” side says “No ! A good nights sleep and a thousand words of morning pages is far more productive.” But is… Read more »

The Leo Socialite
The Leo Socialite
August 3, 2011 11:13 am

Reminds me of the madonna character in desperately seeking susan.

An onion is a bit tradge. Depression era. So sad what that generation had to live thru and still they tried to be fabulous, do art, poetry, make love. So inspirational.

twinfishrising
twinfishrising
August 3, 2011 7:38 am

Some Librans can exude the content of someone who has it all, without actually possessing it. Be it looks, money, fame, happiness… Love her, and Anita Berber, the whole era when city life was a stage. Take me to the Eldorado club and sit me down with Magnus Hirschfield and Kiki please. Nazi’s later destroyed his research on the 43 million variants of sexuality. Big shame. Would have made brilliant astro files. Maybe the sexiest Librans, especially scorp rising , are the uncluttered ones because of the scales? Live large, dress for anything. Material lightweight=sexy mysterious and ready to get… Read more »