Saturn Pluto Strikes Again

New Yorker magazine September 24 2001Wow talk about united world vibing.

First the pomp of the royal wedding – now the death of Osama.

Both events have major Saturn-Pluto resonance.

Share your memories of September 11 here (that was a Saturn Pluto opposition, if you’re interested) AND you may want to look at how Saturn and Pluto are aspected in YOUR chart, because they’re sure as hell being activated at the mo.

And i don’t care what this says about me politically, i am glad the dude is gone. I will never forget the thought of all those unaccompanied children flying on that day, the firemen, that falling man…etc

Blue Moon
Blue Moon
March 6, 2014 12:58 am

I think I have to tell the story of where I woke up in NYC and with whom and the events that followed September 11th -aka a million light years away- in my life but not here and not now. But I had no idea it was a Saturn Square Pluto moment. Yup, makes complete sense now. Total shift in values and perspective – ready or not.
And we are never ready.
Shift happens.

Sweetpea
Sweetpea
May 3, 2011 2:21 pm

Don’t trust any politicians and their motives any further than I can throw them. That’s all I’m gonna say about that except that in my twenties I sat reading the news one day and gathered that the billionaire congressmen sat in their ivory towers while others went hungry….That was all a very long time ago and nothing seems to have changed. I was so angry at ‘those billionaries’ back then that I got tears in my eyes. Still, not saying that everything is or is not a conspiricy because I simply don’t know what is up or down regarding that.… Read more »

beachgirl
beachgirl
May 3, 2011 9:16 am

I live about 50 minutes south of NYC, in what might be called stockbroker-belt, the town i work in lost 41 men/husbands/fathers that day, their cars all sitting unclaimed in the rail station that night, here on the coast the smoke for days blew south towards us, it smelled like nothing we’d ever smelled before, the smell of death, and for all we knew, the end of civilization. So I suppose there is some kind of vengeance or clarity in his death. But I absolutely dislike the party atmosphere and gloating and noise and nonstop media coverage we’ve had all… Read more »

Catsmeow
Catsmeow
May 3, 2011 6:53 am

I was only about 12 yrs old and living in England at the time (I’m American, just a military kid). I walked into the living room and saw both towers up in smoke. At first I didn’t even know what it was or what was going on, but it was still a heart-stopping moment. After that it was heavy around school (went to school on an Airforce base) and we had an assembly. A girl a few seats down from me couldn’t stop crying, and an elderly man was asleep. These are the things I remember! Tragic and I still… Read more »

Anon
Anon
May 3, 2011 5:32 am

I was on the East Coast only a couple of hours away from N.Y. at work, computer turned on, at first they said a small plane had flown into the tower and I wondered what? small plane? they even had a faraway pic of this “small’ plane. Then the bad news came, and kept coming. Co-workers had set up a tv in the conference room and everybody was listening to it and when I heard that another plane had hit the pentagon I told everyone I was leaving. I drove home, people on the roads were courteous, they drove slowly,… Read more »

nat
nat
May 3, 2011 7:37 am
Reply to  Anon

Anon,

Sorry to hear that you have been feeling down. Please know that there are always people that you can talk to. You can seek them out and they will listen to you. Until you find them you can act comfortingly to yourself, write or draw your thoughts and feelings out on paper, use your body to help your mind/heart process its thoughts and feelings…

Please know that there are always small useful things that you can do for yourself until the clouds pass. And they will pass.

Sweetpea
Sweetpea
May 4, 2011 2:57 am
Reply to  Anon

My Mom is not here anymore either Anon. She was the one to call 6:00 a.m. L.A. time back then. One tower had been hit and I picked up the phone and simply said “I know”…then of course more mayhem unravelled before our eyes.

I miss her lately. Hugs….

El Torro
El Torro
May 3, 2011 3:13 am

I am very worried and very, very saddened by comments like “Justice has been done” and “Osama Bin Laden has paid the price for declaring war on innocent people”. Justice has been done to one man, but at what price? Uncounted innocent people died, and will continue to die, because -of course- there are now new excuses to keep the troops where they are, and because -of course- Al Qaeda is surely organised enough not to rely on the world’s most wanted man. So the war on terrorism will continue while our politicians have a good excuse not to address… Read more »

aquarianne
aquarianne
May 3, 2011 3:54 am
Reply to  El Torro

Beautifully put El Torro

Liz
Liz
May 3, 2011 5:32 am
Reply to  El Torro

Is anyone bothered that there are no death photos? I’m not morbid enough to want to even see death photos and I am not a conspiracy theorist but I am bugged by the absence of photographic documentation of Bin Laden’s death, in addition to the quick and quiet burial at sea. Just raises many questions for me. Dead is dead – publicly boasting and celebrating killing him but refusing to produce hard fast evidence of his death is more likely to enhance the Bin Laden’s mythological standing. Is he really dead? Is he dead but his body torn to horrific… Read more »

nocturnal
nocturnal
May 3, 2011 6:47 am
Reply to  Liz

yep too many questions indeed. who apart from the puppet masters know the truth about 9/11 or bin ladens apparent demise. its fishy all right – all of it. all us mere plebs can do is speculate and the media is not to be trusted – they are puppets on strings also. all i know for sure is the old adage of tit for tat will continue infinitely and more horror will surely follow. i’m quite disappointed at how much people, (even here in this “open minded” forum) are being sheeple

fluidfeline
fluidfeline
May 3, 2011 8:15 am
Reply to  Liz

They did show a picture of bin Laden dead (headshot) on abc news 24 last night. I for one am uneasy and disgusted by the jubilation and celebration over his death. The US and its’ allies have killed far more innocents in their war on terror than the terrorists have.

Mystics Scorpio Intern
Mystics Scorpio Intern
May 3, 2011 6:41 pm
Reply to  fluidfeline

Yes, and it’s not good enough. Makes one wonder what side it actually started from in the first place.

Smells
Smells
May 3, 2011 7:15 pm
Reply to  fluidfeline

The photo of dead Osama is a fake. I’m a little disappointed with some comments on here and Mystic herself actually. I wont celebrate nor believe the hype. Lies, lies, lies. Media and government crating mass distraction.

Smells
Smells
May 3, 2011 7:15 pm
Reply to  Smells

Creating*

Mystic Medusa
Mystic Medusa
May 3, 2011 9:45 pm
Reply to  Smells

Smells, I am sure there are many political views more nuanced than mine and this is not a political blog at all…I read Adbusters ANd the economist, depends on my mood.

everyone is entitled to their opinion,

someone in my circle perished in the Bali bombings – she was 14 years old – OBL claimed responsibility for it and to put it mildly, i thought it despicable.

If you’re disappointed with my views or anyone else’s here, there are loads of conspiracy sites and/or sites that actually specialize in going through these things with more depth.

fallen angel
fallen angel
May 4, 2011 1:13 am
Reply to  Smells

The personal IS political. What is politics if it is too distant from what matters personally? An idea? Or a concept? While it is in fact sad that any death should be celebrated simply for the fact that as a race we honor life, it would be unreal to not be relieved that the source of suffering and turmoil to so many has disappeared. Do OBL’s constituents feel the same way about our American government? Of course. Even worse they loathe the Western culture, unequivocally. I’m not here to argue which is better, but I grew up in political turmoil… Read more »

Sweetpea
Sweetpea
May 4, 2011 4:46 am
Reply to  fallen angel

Oh goodness FA. What can I say to those kinds of experiences as a child. Well put tho.

Seabird
Seabird
May 4, 2011 9:39 am
Reply to  Sweetpea

All suffering is our suffering. I wish we could understand the violence we do to ourselves when we do harm to another. I always think about South Africa – I visited there in 2002 and I will never go back. Centuries of repression have had their toll, not just on the black people, but to an equal degree on the white S.Africans. there was no happiness there that I could see. The double-edged sword had swung round. Likewise, living in the Gulf, I had so many discussions with intelligent Arab men about how their society’s repression of women’s sexuality and… Read more »

fallen angel
fallen angel
May 4, 2011 2:20 pm
Reply to  Sweetpea

Thanks Sweetpea.. yes and I still consider myself lucky because my parents were middle class & able to afford us protection that other people didn’t have. There were others who were not so blessed.

Seabird, that’s an awesome perspective you shared. We often don’t hear about Arab men who are pro-women or that there are real efforts from everyone in the mid-east to overcome the weight of the partriarchy. Thanks for sharing that.

seabird
seabird
May 3, 2011 12:40 pm
Reply to  El Torro

I so agree. This topic really upsets me. for the past 12 years I’ve been living in places that have brought me into close contact either with Arab people, or with Kurdish and Afghani refugees. This is why i don’t care about Osama. Who gives a stuff. Nothing has changed for those people who live in terror every single day of their lives, who continue to be vilified even though they are really the victims (or just collateral?). Fix up Afghanistan and Iraq so that it’s safe, get those untrained, uneducated 20-something year old soldiers whose war culture allows them… Read more »

Stawr
Stawr
May 3, 2011 1:22 am

On 9/11, I was 11 years old in 5th grade in school. It was a beatiful day outside (I was far from the trajety). And then the principal anounced something like “due to conditions in the attmoshere there will be an indoor recess” Pretty much all the students ran to the window and we where like what is going on? It’s perfectly fine outside. We thought the old principil lost his mind. But when we where eatting lunch, somehow a kid from the other 5th grade found out, and by the time indoor luch was done all of the 5th… Read more »

Owl
Owl
May 3, 2011 1:17 am

Elections are coming up. Perfectly timed.

I think there is more to the story. Buried his body at sea to prevent a shrine for terrorists? I can’t believe we believe this stuff hook, line and sinker.

andromeda
andromeda
May 2, 2011 10:48 pm

Seriously, do people still believe a word that the US government, or the Australian for that matter, have to say about Iraq, Osama, etc. ? What a joke. Bernanke says QE2 will go forward. The dollar plunges. Gold goes up. Osama ‘dies’ again. It’s just so blatant it makes me ill.

plutonic gem
plutonic gem
May 2, 2011 10:57 pm
Reply to  andromeda

Here here… I hear you

seabird
seabird
May 3, 2011 12:31 pm
Reply to  andromeda

Bread and circuses. We are beginning to see beyond it. That was what was so monumental about what has just happened in the Middle East. Even the poor and uneducated, those who have lived under totalitarian regimes for their entire lifetimes and their parents’ lifetimes, they are beginning to see beyond it. There is a beyond.

seabird
seabird
May 3, 2011 12:32 pm
Reply to  seabird

We could actually go to that beyond together as a world, if we wanted to, and force our pollies to follow us all there.

andromeda
andromeda
May 3, 2011 1:00 pm
Reply to  seabird

That would be awesome Seabird. Words of hope. And btw, since when did questioning the media become being a ‘conspiracy theorist’. It’s actually a little offensive. Most of what is published in the paper are ‘press releases’ (eg. those – “I just bought a house and I couldn’t be happier as I know they will just go up in value!!” stories. All written by Real Estate Agents, but they aren’t demanded to state that, so they don’t – absolute conflict of interests). I can’t look at the news, it’s revolting what is going on – can’t people see that it’s… Read more »

not-so-virginal
not-so-virginal
May 2, 2011 8:59 pm

unfortunately the tragic wars in the middle east extend beyond one person and killing that person is likely to galvanise opposition to the West now, and deepen the bitterness that divides people from each other and prevents a peaceful resolution to conflict.

Lexicorn
Lexicorn
May 2, 2011 9:51 pm

Indeed, as with any war, one person’s victory is the other’s call to vengeance. What can we do but exude our fiercest peacefulness, as individuals, and hope that it, no, insist that it infiltrates our decision makers who will, in time, have to respond to the inevitable retaliation…

El Torro
El Torro
May 3, 2011 3:16 am
Reply to  Lexicorn

Beautifully said. What a comfort to know that there are some like-minded folks out there, watching the dancers and jumpers from afar…

seabird
seabird
May 3, 2011 12:28 pm
Reply to  Lexicorn

‘I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent’. Mahatma Ghandi Lexicorn – that’s beautiful – let’s all “exude our fiercest peacefulness”. In the face of the terrible state of the world, remember the beauty – remember that every child was once carried inside a woman, that democracy is not majority rule, that there is good and bad inside every person and inside every society, that difference is not a call to arms but a call to dialogue, and that you can actually, if you choose to,… Read more »

Lexicorn
Lexicorn
May 4, 2011 1:53 am
Reply to  seabird

Amen and awomyn sister!

Sara
Sara
May 2, 2011 8:15 pm

Interesting to note that – apparently – bin Laden has been buried at sea?

Scorpio Sun/Rising
Scorpio Sun/Rising
May 2, 2011 7:30 pm

I cannot believe that anyone would think this is anything other than … right… and as it should be.

Lexicorn
Lexicorn
May 2, 2011 10:01 pm

Hey, I’m pleased the guy is off the planet, don’t get me wrong… BUT… A fair trial is still a fair trial no matter who you are and what you’ve done. As a gay man who has seen my kindred arrested, tortured, stoned, beheaded (even in my short lifetime), I am SO HAPPY to see one libertarian rule for all. Even if it does prolong the inevitable and just.

Scorptronic
Scorptronic
May 2, 2011 7:22 pm

So happy he’s gone!

I was living in Washington DC when 9-11 happened. It was a very scary time and made me think for at least half a day that I had made a mistake to go to the US.

Hopefully it is the beginning of the end of creeps like him.

El Torro
El Torro
May 3, 2011 3:19 am
Reply to  Scorptronic

Or the beginning of the rise of creeps like our own politicians, who, like Osama, kill thousands of innocent people for their ideology – to ‘stand for the values that make us who we are’. What scary people we must be.

Girl
Girl
May 2, 2011 7:16 pm

I was living in New York at the time and, had my alarm clock gone off I would have been happily getting off a train there at the time it happened. I will never forget the hundreds (could have been thousands, I don’t know) of photocopied faces that where pinned up on the walls of the subways of the lost. Nor will I forget some horrible newspaper that thought it okay to publish an image of a severed hand. I am deeply grateful that he is gone.

Seabird
Seabird
May 2, 2011 7:11 pm

I could not give a toss whether the bastard is alive or dead. He was merely a puppet in the ongoing war against truth. The people in the twin towers were sacrificed on the altar of war business, as the people of Afghanistan and Iraq continue to be. It’s all, all of it, about money and power, and we are all part of it as long as we back our governments’ actions against other countries, and as long as we are slaves to oil. I’ll be happy only when all of it stops, when I never have to see another… Read more »

ScorpioRising
ScorpioRising
May 3, 2011 1:59 am
Reply to  Seabird

I agree with you.

“The people in the twin towers were sacrificed on the altar of war business, as the people of Afghanistan and Iraq continue to be.”

The Twin Towers were a symbol of money and power.
I have stood on the observatory deck of the Tower and it was extremely tall building and swayed. I cannot fathom it going down that day and being in it. It is horrifying. The images on TV are still horrifying and burned into my memory.
The war needs to end and both sides everyone needs to stop this war game.

El Torro
El Torro
May 3, 2011 3:24 am
Reply to  Seabird

Thank you seabird – spoken from my heart, with a few chuckles too… how you managed that on such a sinister topic is beyond me, but thanks!

charmaine
charmaine
May 3, 2011 12:15 pm
Reply to  Seabird

here here

VirgoAqua
VirgoAqua
May 2, 2011 6:47 pm

I was a teen when it happened. Went to bed early and then got up to see why the tv was still on so late. I remember thinking “what freaky movie are mum and dad watching, this is awful”. Then I saw my parents faces. That was just as the second tower was hit. I watched it all night in disbelief, could not sleep. My parents were terrified that it would lay the foundation for a third world war. I remember them sending my little brother back to bed and telling him it was just a tv show cause they… Read more »

Mystics Scorpio Intern
Mystics Scorpio Intern
May 2, 2011 6:36 pm

May Day

Same day as Hitler’s death 66 years later and 1+5(May) is 6.

666

?

Maybe I’m just reading too much into things. But, srsly, reply to 911 Emergency?

plutonic gem
plutonic gem
May 2, 2011 6:39 pm

interesting….

ScorpioRising
ScorpioRising
May 3, 2011 1:56 am

I was just contemplating the day May Day and if it had any significant meaning besides Beltane The Rites of Spring etc…

charmaine
charmaine
May 3, 2011 12:14 pm

That is really interesting cause yesterday i pulled my phone out of my pocket and it said 6666 on the face of it. I did take note at the time.

Mystics Scorpio Intern
Mystics Scorpio Intern
May 3, 2011 6:38 pm
Reply to  charmaine

creepy! must be a sign! i do realise i may be thinking extremely about this btw.. but you never know.

nebulous virgo
nebulous virgo
May 2, 2011 6:31 pm

full on… there will be some twist to this accomplishment, i fear.

on another level: is there a Saturn/Pluto Club, like the Uranus/Saturn Club last year?

Current astro (Mars/jupiter) affects my natal Saturn/Pluto conjunction in LIbra. Exact opposition. Saturn/Pluto also sit on my DC, thus the Aries stuff crosses over my Rising Sign…

I am also about to have Saturn Return – what effect will the natal conjunction to Pluto have?

Any ideas?

Happy New Moon!!!

plutonic gem
plutonic gem
May 2, 2011 6:20 pm

natally mercury and venus conjunct saturn in the eigth house, moon and mars square saturn, jupiter trine saturn, and saturn trine uranus…. Moon opposition pluto, sun trine pluto, neptune sextile pluto… so ahem… with all due respect to those who have commented before me on their passionate feelings regarding sept 11, and for those who lost loved ones…. I share the same compassion for the hundreds of thousands of people who have lost their lives in the US’s war against terror… who will continue to lose their lives through sickness and disease from biochemical warfare, who have lost their heritage… Read more »

Libraquarius
Libraquarius
May 2, 2011 7:53 pm
Reply to  plutonic gem

Agree with you wholeheartedly, plutonic gem. When people like bin Laden get killed like that, when the US creates Guantanamo Bay and endorses torture, bin Laden’s already won. I’m not criticising th US per se, other countries have done the same, but when you behave the same as your enemies, you aren’t any better.

twinfishrising
twinfishrising
May 2, 2011 10:30 pm
Reply to  Libraquarius

Wise words.
And, The problem with revenge is , how do you know when enough is enough? Isn’t that why the US was under attack in the first place? If we condone violently avenging our losses then total violent anarchy will follow, in the name of ” an eye for an eye”. Then the mightiest brute shall win. Hardly a pro-democratic legacy is it ? Fair trials are all we have.

Sweetpea
Sweetpea
May 2, 2011 5:54 pm

Obama-Osama showdown. Compound was ablaze. Shot in the head. An Arien way to go out.

Sweetpea
Sweetpea
May 2, 2011 6:00 pm
Reply to  Sweetpea

Certainly can’t say the news has been boring lately!

Lauren
Lauren
May 2, 2011 6:04 pm
Reply to  Sweetpea

Quick and painless at least, that’s about all the compassion I would give him.

Zaiborg
Zaiborg
May 2, 2011 5:27 pm

I’m hoping this is the ending to the most difficult years of my life. Sept 11th was my wedding anniversary, and also the day Ansett Australia went bust. I was a glamorous Air Hostess that lost my job, career, my house, my husband, Sydney, my friends, my hope, and faith in my future and humanity etc etc etc …and it all started on that fucking day. So strange that I had been haunted and reliving a lot of those old horrible past memories and pain the last couple weeks and was all, WTF? I’ve been dreadfully down and really struggling,… Read more »

Lyouke
Lyouke
May 2, 2011 6:46 pm
Reply to  Zaiborg

Huge! But isnt the awareness now awesome. No fear, except not knowing who you truly are.

Lyouke
Lyouke
May 2, 2011 4:42 pm

How long does this Saturn Pluto thing go for? It pounds my $$s sector, then and now. Agree with most above, but mostly with MM new world vibing…

Quadrupled
Quadrupled
May 2, 2011 4:19 pm

Was teaching when the second tower was hit on 9/11, saw the first tower at the canteen. All followed were surreal.

Saturn in Taurus trine Pluto in Virgo.

Around that time: Saturn conjunct my Sun, Pluto opposing my Sun.

If what goes in my life atm is any indication, yes, this is one big call to “grow up!”

Leo Princess
Leo Princess
May 2, 2011 3:59 pm

On the night of the September 11 attack I was unable to get to sleep. I got out of bed and uncharacteristically turned on the computer and saw the news. It was like a bad dream.

Last night was kind of similar; very restless and couldn’t drop off easily. Felt despondent this morning but since the announcement I am quite energised.

Taurean Love Expert
Taurean Love Expert
May 2, 2011 3:43 pm

My natal Saturn in my 10th house is being visited by a zillion other planets at the moment – and pinging off Pluto at the end of my 7th house. Both are aspecting Uranus too… a lot of work pressure and Power issues with a Capital P going down for me. I was in bed when the first plane hit the first tower – my flatmate woke me up, and we watched the live telecast in horror til 3am. I still remember how frightened all the newscasters were – there was no coherent ‘story’, they were as lost as anyone… Read more »

belladonna
belladonna
May 2, 2011 3:42 pm

What gave Osama the right to mass kill???

El Torro
El Torro
May 3, 2011 3:34 am
Reply to  belladonna

What gave Obama/Howard/Bush/Gillard et al. the right to mass kill?? What gives them the right now???

charmaine
charmaine
May 3, 2011 12:11 pm
Reply to  El Torro

Any sanity went after 9/11 when they declared a war on terror. That attack was so sad but every1 knew the US would get it one day for all their death mongering and exploitation of the weaker in the world. Their only argument at the end of killing Osama is “We are bigger and stronger than you and we can do what we want in the world because we have might.” Whole thing makes me want to vomit.

ouo_me
ouo_me
May 2, 2011 3:26 pm

Sorry, even mass-murderers deserve a trial. Obama needs at least one “achievement” and this is it. What gives USA the right to kill?

virgo rising
virgo rising
May 2, 2011 3:43 pm
Reply to  ouo_me

Are you kidding? What planet are you living on? The entire world trades in death…or don’t you watch TV and all the crime shows? Murder is big business and entertainment. So is war. Such as it is in the fallen world of gravity and death…However now the powers of tyrants are failing and even the oppressed are rising up…surely a good sign of an impulse to a new life…which is always preceded by dead forms passing away… The Law of karma is supreme…as you sow, so shall you reap. Osama traded in death and so he died violently…which was as… Read more »

Jen Scorpio
Jen Scorpio
May 2, 2011 6:30 pm
Reply to  virgo rising

I can understand your reaction to this. However sometimes in death, especially a premature death, people are accorded an iconic-like status, become larger than life, more powerful and more inspirational to those who follow/adore them. This other worldly power often isn’t afforded to those who die of old age, especially if they die incarcerated in jail. And I am of the firm belief that there is an abundance of evidence to justify OBL remaining in jail. As I said, I understand the emotional reaction to want someone to pay with their life for such horrendous crimes. Having been both a… Read more »

Kataka on Fire
Kataka on Fire
May 2, 2011 8:12 pm
Reply to  Jen Scorpio

My thoughts exactly

A great post Easter uprising of the Anti- Christ

Sorry I empathise with the pain and so glad he is gone but I think the mass “celebrations” are sick, they will be very short lived sadly.

Equilibrium Girl
Equilibrium Girl
May 2, 2011 7:46 pm
Reply to  ouo_me

Ouo_me, I believe you’re on the right planet and what you’re saying is what I just posted on Facebook. From reports I’m reading from terrorist experts and analysts, they believe the Navy Seals had the opportunity to capture Bin Laden alive but they chose to kill him. This was revenge at its sweetest for everyone who suffered and I totally get that – but there should’ve been more strategy and logic put to work. Put the fuqer on trial, humiliate him, emasculate him. Let his people see what a weak, sad fuq he is in front of the whole world.… Read more »

ScorpioRising
ScorpioRising
May 3, 2011 1:53 am

I feel as well as you and Jen that he will be became a martyr symbol.
I am glad he is gone, but he will have a successor. unfortunately.
I think seeing him humiliated and die in prison an old man may or may not have lost any of his followers. Fundie religious cult beliefs die hard if at all ever.
It’s a Catch 22 damned if we do, damned if we don’t. He could have still inspired others to do terrorist missions from his cell if still alive or escape or have an insider free him.
Frightening thought too.

thora
thora
May 2, 2011 3:24 pm

my saturn is at 0 Scorp, and my pluto at 27 Libra. is this close enough to count as conjunct? and if so, what does that mean? both in my 9th house…

Lucy the Leo
Lucy the Leo
May 2, 2011 3:10 pm

When I heard this news, I immediately thought: Mars conjunct Jupiter in Aries – they finally ‘won’ the war against Osama.
So glad his time on earth is over.

2Natured
2Natured
May 2, 2011 8:21 pm
Reply to  Lucy the Leo

I thought the same thing.

So happy Obama got him. Too bad we couldn’t have gotten him years earlier. But George W. couldn’t tell the difference between Sadam Hussain and Bin Laden. But I digress, thank you G-d for this day!

2Natured
2Natured
May 2, 2011 8:24 pm
Reply to  2Natured

Pluto is conjunct my natal Saturn which is located directly on my IC. Yesterday I moved to a new town to start my new job today.

Charles
Charles
May 2, 2011 3:07 pm

I do not want to think about that day. If you really need to read someone’s story about that day, I highly recommend “When War Drums Roll” by Hunter S. Thompson. I think it’s one of the best things he ever wrote. http://espn.go.com/page2/s/thompson/010918.html But I will tell you a story. One day in late 2006, I was looking through a pile of accumulated business cards, to see if I should file or discard any of them. I found one card from my buddhist mentor. I hadn’t seen him in ages, he was constantly flying all over the country to meet… Read more »

shell
shell
May 2, 2011 2:58 pm

Hmmm.
I wonder how this will play out with the political changes going on in the Arab world at present?
I’m glad for Obama that he can claim some progress in that shit fight.

Libraquarius
Libraquarius
May 2, 2011 2:45 pm

We heard the news of 9/11 at 7.45am when we turned on the morning news. Then we turned on the TV news. Appalling, unbelievable scenes. And I just had this horrible feeling that things would never be the same after this act of destruction. And what has it sparked off? Not only the death of 3,000 people in New York but tens of thousands more deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan, not to mention other deaths due to random bombings throughout the world. Violence begets violence and hopefully this may herald the start of an end to the hatred and retribution… Read more »

SourPatch
SourPatch
May 2, 2011 2:42 pm

I was in school watching it on TV with an entire class. I’m glad the fucker is gone because everything he touched turns to blood/death/tears. Whether it was innocents in New York or the poor people in East Africa he basically tricked. But do I believe this is the end of terrorism? No. As long as the world order stays the same, there will always be terrorists. Sad truth that usually offends many. *shrugs*

Saturn in Sag/12th (chart ruler)

-conjunct Uranus
-square Mars
-Quincunx Sun

And Pluto in Scorpio in the 10th sextile Moon, trine Mercury.

The Leo Socialite
The Leo Socialite
May 2, 2011 2:26 pm

I was in a bar – real classy, i know – with some people i had been out to dinner with and we wanted to kick on. Kept looking at the tv in the corner, thinking ‘wot’s that shit on the television’ and then a bit later ‘why is everyone watching it?’ I thought it was a Diehard movie. Then the publican turned it up and we all stood around watching it, i thought we were going to be at war that night, like ww3. And realizing there were people on those planes, the worst. Rot in hell Osama and… Read more »

Baristagem
Baristagem
May 2, 2011 2:21 pm

😯 It is amazing they finally got him! I will never forget watching those towers come crashing down and the eerie feeling that followed. As Barack said in his address to the nation ‘ObL was a mass murderer’ and truly that says it all really. I don’t believe this was ever suppose to be about Islam and I’m glad Barack reaffirmed that today. My memory of 9/11 was being glued to the television the whole day. The following day I went to university where it was discussed in all of my classes, one particular class discussion was when a woman… Read more »

Lexicorn
Lexicorn
May 2, 2011 9:42 pm
Reply to  Baristagem

I hear you. I was in the middle of a fundraising event for a show I was opening two weeks later. The show was about world politics and how it changes the heart and marks itself in the memory of a love affair. There was a big section about “America coming undone”. I got home after midnight and sat up all night watching it unfold, sorta frozen I guess. When in the morning I snapped out of the stupor I realised – oh my, my show has to completely change! And I rewrote it in a day. And even from… Read more »

T
T
May 2, 2011 2:18 pm

I’m glad he’s gone too, but I’m also so, so weary of all of this and nervous about what might happen next. But no use worrying about what I can’t control, right? And it’s been interesting to see reactions from around the world (I’m in the USA).

Saturn/Pluto conjunction in Scorpio, in the 8th. Bleh.

GeorgeSand
GeorgeSand
May 2, 2011 2:21 pm
Reply to  T

Yeah I’m nervous about what’s next. It’s the Scorpio in me I guess.

Lauren
Lauren
May 2, 2011 3:22 pm
Reply to  GeorgeSand

So glad to hear the wary thoughts of other Scorps regarding Osama. Facebook is full of all these celebratory messages and tacky images of the Statue of Liberty holding his bloodied severed head. I think it’s a bit too soon to be all “woohoo USA, we won!” I’m glad that he’s gone, but anyone who’s studied Middle East terrorism knows that his network of terrorist cells is still vast and wide spread around the world, and if there were revenge attacks or bombings that happen because of his death, I won’t be the least surprised. On 9/11 I was getting… Read more »

Fi
Fi
May 2, 2011 8:35 pm
Reply to  GeorgeSand

Ditto, T, GS and Lauren.

GeorgeSand
GeorgeSand
May 2, 2011 2:09 pm

2001 woke up to the news and stayed glued to the TV and the unfolding story for days. Was in Los Angeles. Flash forward to the present and I’m back in the same house watching it with the same people I did then. I’ve got Pluto in Virgo opposite Saturn in Pisces in my natal w/ Scorp Sun and Cap moon and asc. All I can say is that I’m stunned.

delilah
delilah
May 2, 2011 2:05 pm

cap sun and rising…a feeling of being tossed…my body is so tired but having the chutzpah in facing contra peeps even i couldnt believe i could stand on my own without asking for help