The Scorpiest Scorp Of All

Hedy Lamarr Submarine Diagrams

So I knew Hedy Lamarr was a beautiful & exotic 1940s/50s era actress and that she was a Scorpio. But just HOW Scorpio she was is shown  in this amazing installation here.

Like many a Scorp, she was a devotee to  nude swimming but also the first woman to ever simulate an orgasm onscreen…Her candid autobiography created a scandal AND she designed anti-torpedo technology…

Hedy Lamarr Autobiography

“…In her ex-husband’s Salzburg villa, the immigrant had seen plans for remote controlled torpedoes, which were never built because the radio controls proved to be too unreliable. After the outbreak of the Second World War, she worked on practical ideas to effectively fight the Hitler regime.At a party in Hollywood, Lamarr met George Antheil, an avant-garde composer who also wrote film scores. While playing the piano with the composer, the actress suddenly has an important idea for her torpedo control system. Antheil sets up the system on 88 frequencies, as this number corresponds to the number of keys on a piano. To construct it, he employs something similar to the player piano sheet music that he used in his Ballet Mécanique…

…In December 1940, the frequency-switching device developed by Lamarr and Antheil was sent to the National Inventors’ Council. A patent was awarded on August 11, 1942. The two inventors leave it to the American military to figure out how to use the device. Lamarr’s and Antheil’s Secret Communication System disappears into the U.S. Army’s filing cabinets…

“Finally, in 1962, as the Cuba crisis brews the technology now known as frequency hopping is put to use. Its purpose is not to control torpedoes, but to allow for safe communications among blockading ships – whereupon the principles behind the patent become part of fundamental U.S. military communications technology. Today, this technology is not only the foundation for the U.S. military’s satellite defense system, but also used widely in the private sector, particularly for cordless and mobile telephones.” More here.

Her chart is here; Note the Jupiter-Uranus conjunction in Aquarius, Moon Neptune conjunction and Saturn-Pluto conjunction.. What a singular soul & fancy being considered a sexual adventuress-rebel, one of the most beautiful woman in movies and owning the patent upon which wireless transmission is based.

Hedy Lamarr abstact artMichaela Melián, Frequency Hopping, 2008,

Sextuple Scorpio
Sextuple Scorpio
June 28, 2013 4:51 pm

I N S P I R I N G!!!!!! Thank you!!!

Tones
Tones
February 21, 2011 3:52 pm

Well of course we scorpios are sexy AND nerdy. Hah. Take that Gwyneth ‘I’m smart enough to win a nobel prize, so I’ll release a pompous wank filled lifestyle magazine.’ Paltry-Paltrow. This is how the REAL genius’ do it.

aqualala
aqualala
November 1, 2010 1:54 am

My daughter looks a lot like her. Had no idea about the torpedo tech. Brilliant woman.

twinfishrising
twinfishrising
October 31, 2010 7:27 pm

Mystic, thankyou for this post What a remarkable person and a clever,clever woman. I have a situation at the moment which is tempting me to take the money but my intuition is telling me noooooo, this is not a good opportunity, this is a sleasy political psychic hazard zone. Warning bells are like bashing at my head, but a part of me still considers. i wonder if I could get away with the jewellery on if I excused myself politely? I doubt it. i tried stealing a He Man torch, value 88c, from Target once and got hauled over the… Read more »

FireyBovine
FireyBovine
October 30, 2010 1:03 pm

A tiny Scorpio story – did someone say recently, imagine the baby born last weekend? So last Saturday, I looked out my window and there is this young, o so young couple, sort of loitering on the footpath and on closer inspection, I realised she was pregnant and in labour. Anyway, I bounced out to say hi and see if all was OK – it was fine – they were very sweet and we had a little chat and I wished them all the best. Then, quelle coincidence! Last night, in the middle of town, I ran into them again… Read more »

InchbyInch
InchbyInch
October 30, 2010 1:24 pm
Reply to  FireyBovine

Ya, very cool. There’s magic and karma in the air.

FireyBovine
FireyBovine
October 30, 2010 2:09 pm
Reply to  InchbyInch

Absolutely. I love I love I love this energy

October 31, 2010 11:09 am
Reply to  InchbyInch

Yes, Inchy, most peeps iv’e come in contact with have said
it was a tough long cold winter. There is now much optimism in the air.
Myst said after the last Full Moon, all would be easier. It is.
I’m powering along & loving it.

Andromeda
Andromeda
October 30, 2010 2:47 pm
Reply to  FireyBovine

That’s cute! You were the Witness in the story I think, if it were a dream I wonder how you would interpret that?
I had a moment in the lift of the hospital when I went to visit my Zap Zone baby Godson recently (his parents are angels btw).

This sleazy junkie looking dude dressed in all black pushing a toddler in a pram smiled in a glassy way and told me he had just another baby…I nearly cried. The ‘other ‘ zap zone baby I couldn’t help thinking…

Andromeda
Andromeda
October 30, 2010 2:53 pm
Reply to  Andromeda

Sounds mean, but if you’d seen the guy you’d grok it..

October 31, 2010 11:06 am
Reply to  Andromeda

Andromeda, doesn’t sound mean at all, sorry but i am biased
about hardcore addicts having children. Have seen too much of
the results of these unions, incredibley sad for the kinda.
We count our blessings & remember ‘there except for the grace
of God-ess, goes I’.

Happy Hallowed Eve, a kiss on the forehead to your sproggs
& the grace THEY receive from you.

FireyBovine
FireyBovine
October 30, 2010 3:21 pm
Reply to  Andromeda

o nice point – the Witness of their story – I was searching for that frame for it and you found it for me, Ta Muchly!

I think I do grok it, but then I also note that wherever he was in his head, he was filled with joy enough to smile and tell a stranger of the new life in his life. The dudes who ain’t smiling in the maternity ward are the ones that freak me out. But then, I am also a libran-moon ; )

Andromeda
Andromeda
October 30, 2010 3:56 pm
Reply to  FireyBovine

You are so right… But I do know a couple with such issues and two kids. Love is a verb and while they may feel love for the kids they don’t always show it in their actions. Wild fights, passing out with strangers in the house and their kids there, D.U.I. Etc so I am a cynic.

FireyBovine
FireyBovine
October 30, 2010 4:21 pm
Reply to  Andromeda

no no YOU are so right lol – there’s a pivot point somewhere in between us – and at the end of the day, love is a verb – love that – love the ‘doing words’

October 31, 2010 11:02 am
Reply to  FireyBovine

Firey B, what about next Friday the 5th.
Moon in Scorp along with the rest.
I have meeting with owners of my house that day
& want the floorboards all re varnished & estapol-ed
so shall Scorp my way into having it done.

October 30, 2010 9:25 am

Have I ever mentioned that my best, best friend from 8th grade to 10th was a Scorpio? Her name was Sheree.

Always ended up doing things her way. lol

October 31, 2010 11:00 am
Reply to  Sweetpea

Ha Sweetie, i have a Leo woman friend who lucky for my head lives in another state. We talk on telephone a few hours a month. It’s like some peeps are just fine in your memory but not on your doorstep. She wants to visit me for Xmas & O Lord does she want everything HER way, i mean everything. We both had glamorous Scorpio Mother’s who suicided & always made us feel a little inadequate so adept they were with getting their own way, but stung themselves to death. We were both preggers at same time, (i miscarried) &… Read more »

October 31, 2010 11:14 am
Reply to  Pegasus

Yes, mentioned here once that I’d read that only a Scorp can defeat an Aries….so, only one challenge left….(joking…Not into defeating people…only myself and those things that need straightening…).

But right you are I feel with the fixed signs. I have very little in fixed (mutable on all four angles) which may attribute to a bit of wishy-washyness even for an Aries, Cap Moon. All action but needing a bit of “stick to itness”…Oh we get there alright, but when? 🙂

Glad you had the opportunity to have a soul type relationship with the daughter after losing your’s. Bless.

October 31, 2010 4:28 pm
Reply to  Sweetpea

Goddaughter is Aries, so when all togther there was the
Fire trio. Never a dull moment. She has amazing energy & diverse
interests.

October 30, 2010 9:02 am

Clicking on Mystic’s installation link, the “silk taffeta” submarine….

~Michaela Melián, Life as a Woman, 2001, Wood, silk taffeta, 400 x 50 x 105 cm, Installation Villa Arson, Nice, 2002~

hit me rather pathetic like. I get the message but she deserves better than that piece of crap. I mean, I really refrain from judgement overall, but my first impression was “pathetic”.

Good gawd seems any old thing is considered art these days. Libra rules my 5th house and I have Neptune there trine Pisces MC. I know art/beauty when it hits me and that ain’t it.

October 30, 2010 9:06 am
Reply to  Sweetpea

Oh and Venus Taurus opposite Netpune. A double “can snif what’s distasteful” type of thing.

October 30, 2010 9:07 am
Reply to  Sweetpea

Anyone ever heard of that planet “Netpune?”

It comes with a knife and a fork… 🙂

October 30, 2010 9:30 am
Reply to  Sweetpea

A Tuning Fork perhaps.

October 30, 2010 9:31 am
Reply to  Pegasus

haha…excellent Pegs!

Bluesky
Bluesky
October 30, 2010 1:32 am

I am so inspired by this! Not sure why, since I’m not designing anti weaponry… But I got that feeling of “inspiration” just reading it. Thanks!

Scorp
Scorp
October 30, 2010 12:46 am

fascinating info.. thanks Mystic

The Leo Socialite
The Leo Socialite
October 29, 2010 11:49 pm

this just makes me feel thunderingly inadequate

I think david l and uber virgo both took off around the Joan rivers post that somehow got SO inflammatory that mystic took it down

pity as the MOVIE and the post, joan, some of the comments were unreal and i miss david l and uber too!

InchbyInch
InchbyInch
October 30, 2010 1:26 pm

What drove Herby away?

InchbyInch
InchbyInch
October 30, 2010 1:27 pm

The last I saw of Herby, he had lost his watch during the Mercury retrograde. Will it take another Mercury retrograde to bring him back?

October 31, 2010 6:41 am
Reply to  InchbyInch

😆

Fishngoat
Fishngoat
November 2, 2011 10:24 pm

Yeah, I’ve clearly been fuqing about with my life! Ha.

Pisces with sagg rising
Pisces with sagg rising
October 29, 2010 9:14 pm

Am not sure if this is related but she was also a amatuer mathematician and helped invent the technology which made mobile phones possible. She made quite an impact. Also heard this story that when she was younger she married this rich, much older man who liked to show off her and all the expensive jewellery he bought her. He was also v. possessive and virtually kept her prisoner. So one night, there was a dinner party and she put on all her most expensive jewellery, put in an appearance and then claimed she was unwell and asked her husband… Read more »

October 30, 2010 9:03 am

Ha! Serves him right. She no shallow dummy… 😉 Cool about the mobile phone techno stuff.

prowlncat
prowlncat
October 29, 2010 7:04 pm

Right now I really don’t give a fuq about anything to do with Pluto or Scorpio … geezus H that energy spells hole in the head. Would be interesting to check out the hospital wards and find out if there was an uncommon influx of suicide attempts.

Scorp
Scorp
October 30, 2010 12:45 am
Reply to  prowlncat

lol prowl

October 29, 2010 4:00 pm

Too, her Cancer Saturn and Pluto in 12th are in a quite wide trine to Scorpio Sun and Merc in 5th. I’d give it to her just cuz she obviously channeled something very creatively inspired to help the world at a crucial time.

Saturn and Pluto can be about channeling very constructively (Saturn) something quite powerful (Pluto) like the universal mind (12th), itself. Magic, I say. Hedy helped save the world from evil forces. No shit.

October 29, 2010 4:23 pm
Reply to  Sweetpea

Too bad the fruition of her idea was delayed until the 60’s tho. I wonder why. Goodness this could get into politics and I’m certainly not going there.

She was (is? Don’t know if she’s still living?) but she was a total package, for sure.

October 29, 2010 5:05 pm
Reply to  Sweetpea

A true Herione.

October 29, 2010 5:06 pm
Reply to  Pegasus

Heroine? Dammit she’s a HERO.

October 29, 2010 5:16 pm
Reply to  Pegasus

Yes, it came naturally, didn’t it?

Looked at my Solar Return for 2011 the other day and on first look, looked like crap. Satun in Libra MC opposite Aries Sun on IC square Pluto in 1st.

All I saw was more TAXES and AUTHORITIES….but Hedy gives heart. The squares can just be that I’m working to channel something groundbreaking for myself.

It’s given new meaning to trans. Pluto conjunct my Saturn. Mystic’s thread helped me to look at it in a new way. XO to Myst.

aqua snail male
aqua snail male
November 23, 2009 6:54 pm

Jeepers! Those Lamarr-inspired artworks on the IMG MGMT site really pop out atcha.

LUURVED the one titled ‘Life as a Woman’, 2001, Thread, watercolor, 40 x 30 cm’ it’s absolutely infused with crazy Aquarian zig-zag logic – right down to the initials of it’s creater, Michaela Melián.

spirit
spirit
September 1, 2009 12:51 am

LOL….Smoldering Beauty on the outside and wicked-smart on the inside…..Torpedo technology indeed !…..hidden weaponry…..Tres Scorpio

Jen Scorp
Jen Scorp
August 31, 2009 5:14 pm

She’s a real ‘can do girl’, something I have seen in other scorpio women (myself included).

Ãœber Virgo
Ãœber Virgo
August 31, 2009 2:49 pm

As I was reading through this and got to the musical inspiration for the torpedo technology, I was thinking ‘Uranus! Where the heck is her Uranus?’

What an amazing woman, and it’s all on her chart.

October 29, 2010 5:04 pm
Reply to  Ãœber Virgo

Et toi aussi Uber.
Did you & David plan this ‘comeback’?
Good to see your name back here.
It was like missing old friends.
x

xox rockstar libran publicist xox
xox rockstar libran publicist xox
October 29, 2010 6:26 pm
Reply to  Pegasus

same ……

Anonymous
Anonymous
October 29, 2010 6:58 pm

Retro Scorp post! How cleaver of Mystic. Miss Uber and Davidl.

Capfire

*clever*

October 29, 2010 7:25 pm

OH

Silly me

October 29, 2010 7:45 pm
Reply to  Pegasus

Ghosts of Christmas, er, Halloween past, Pegs?

When I think of how many peeps I’ve talked to in my head that aren’t here now (living or otherwise…)

😆 x

starstrokes
starstrokes
August 31, 2009 12:21 pm

And here I was thinking Esther Williams was cool….

August 31, 2009 10:57 am

and I hear she could knock up a tasty batch of scones in no time 🙂

October 29, 2010 5:00 pm

Well hello stranger.
Hope all is copacetic.

See Mars goes into Sagg & voila….David.
Bless your Aries heart.
x

xox rockstar libran publicist xox
xox rockstar libran publicist xox
October 29, 2010 6:25 pm
Reply to  Pegasus

PEGS – read the date – its orig comments stream …….