A Trine Is The Most Beneficial Mercury Aspect In Astrology

art magical crystal ball

A trine is the most beneficial Mercury aspect in Astrology.

They are are a blessing from Hermes-Thoth himself.

They’re where you have eloquence, instant and easy uptake or even psychic powers.

Not sure what a trine is? See What Is A Trine In Astrology?

if you want to check out your Mercury trines and don’t have your birth chart, consider an Astral DNA birth chart report.

Mercury is how you think, talk and express yourself. The trines to other planets show where/how you find it easy. They are so simple you probably take them for granted.

Don’t Take Your Trines For Granted!

Some ideas;

Moon: ease and harmony in talking/thinking about emotions, easily intimate.

Mars, you stick up for the rights of the downtrodden and give fab pep talks.

Mercury trine Venus is supernaturally-charming, always says the right thing, brill at flattery.

Uranus: genius scientific mind and quick eureka flashes, nervy but also clever with gadgets.

Trines To Neptune = Old-Style Psychic Skills

Anyone with Mercury trine Pluto: awesome detective skills, highly focussed mind, sometimes brilliant, never lie to them.

If you’re Mercury trine Sun? Think amazing output of words, ideas, thoughts, effortlessly charismatic.

The Mercury-South Node trine gives a natural link to the past or even past lives and an understanding of fate at play.

Mercury trine North Node is an awesome ability to manifest the future.

Trine And Dine – These Are Gifts

Trine Jupiter makes for fabulous luck and people who are amazing at oratory or philosophy.

A Trine To Saturn? Intellectual rigor and natural sagacity.

Trine Ascendant/Descendant:  Automatically tuned into their ‘guides’, v.fluid and quick-witted. These people have fantastic relationship judgment.

Don’t make the Muggle error of neglecting the most speedily activated Mercury aspects in Astrology!

Image: Michelle Blade

Will May
Will May
June 11, 2021 12:06 pm

Mercury can’t be in trine to Venus. Mercury is never more than 28 degrees from the Sun; Venus is never more than 48 degrees from the Sun. The most they could be apart would be 76 degrees.

BlueAquarius
BlueAquarius
September 22, 2010 8:13 am

I was looking at a progressed natal synastry chart, what is the meaning of Mercury trine lilith?

littlefish
littlefish
July 19, 2010 6:35 am

Yes, Andromeda. I momentarily confused him with my friend , Andrew Hartley, who lives in Paris. English as well. I loved the novel and saw the film. I found it gripping at the time. All about power in families and the lasting effects of incidents of early adolescence. Did not know about his Bloomsbury rejection, though. They were a tough little coterie, weren’t they?

littlefish
littlefish
July 18, 2010 6:38 am

I thought it was A.P.Hartley. It’s at the frontspiece of “THe Go-Between”

July 18, 2010 9:14 am
Reply to  littlefish

Lol! We are both right/wrong! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._P._Hartley

Sassy
Sassy
July 17, 2010 1:13 pm

Merc leo trine south node saggi….no wonder I fuqing idealise the past!!

July 17, 2010 3:50 pm
Reply to  Sassy

When I saw this I just remembered that Leslie Pole quote:
“The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there.”

Sassy
Sassy
July 18, 2010 9:41 am
Reply to  Andromeda

love it, so suitable.

Lilly
Lilly
July 17, 2010 9:54 am

I always love DIY Astro!

I have Mercury trine Lilith! Whatever could that mean? :O

July 19, 2010 12:12 am
Reply to  Lilly

genius at speaking out for the less advantaged? verbally feisty/tricky?

Baristagem
Baristagem
July 17, 2010 8:48 am

Mercury trine Uranus & Pisces Asc… 😯

Genius… 😆 Don’t know about that however I am pretty good with gadgets, a little nervy~ yes. always thought that was my Gemini energy. 😀 & quick witted~ absolutely!

July 17, 2010 8:53 am
Reply to  Baristagem

Knew there was a genius in there Gemmy!! 😉

Baristagem
Baristagem
July 17, 2010 9:11 am
Reply to  Sweetpea

Haha, thanks Sweetpea!

Hope everything is going well in your world! Haven’t been around here lately & missing my astro time! 🙁

July 17, 2010 9:16 am
Reply to  Baristagem

I’ve noticed you have not been around! Things are going good thanks…Very hot….so, so bloody hot and humid but good!! (If you like melted chocolate that is…hehe) x

July 17, 2010 9:19 am
Reply to  Sweetpea

Tomorrow 116f. I still complain and fuss… One just never gets used to it is all…I’d love to live in an underground home like they do in Oz! As a matter of fact I’m going to google that…

Baristagem
Baristagem
July 17, 2010 10:35 am
Reply to  Baristagem

You could come to Sydney! It is a cool 18 degrees today, I am missing the warmer months! ~I say that now~ 😀

July 17, 2010 10:50 am
Reply to  Baristagem

Oh but for a cool sea breeze….that I would KILL FOR!!!!lol

July 17, 2010 8:02 am

My Cancerian daughter (8th house Sun…b-day tomorrow), has Leo Mercury trine Saturn and Moon, Sagg., in 1st. I’d say the above descriptions above fit her.

Quadrupled
Quadrupled
July 17, 2010 7:42 am

Mercury at 9 Gem trines Uranus at 9 Libra.

My only claim to being a genius is the ability to produce wacky and impractical ideas – such as if my cat wears tiny mittens on her paws, would she sweep the floor?

Mercury also trines Mars at Aqua – wide trine, 7 degree.

Temper to injustice gets me into trouble so I learned to run fast.

July 17, 2010 8:03 am
Reply to  Quadrupled

The kitty sweepers sound like good invention Quadrupled… 🙂 Those are some nice trines!!

Quadrupled
Quadrupled
July 17, 2010 9:02 am
Reply to  Sweetpea

The kitty didn’t like it 🙂 Even the treats failed. But she learned I give her treats if she sufficiently sheds on the keyboard; another case for co-evolution of cats and their humans. 🙂

July 17, 2010 9:08 am
Reply to  Quadrupled

Maybe kitty has a Uranus trine somewhere… 🙂

Quadrupled
Quadrupled
July 17, 2010 9:09 am
Reply to  Sweetpea

That is a scary thought. 😮

July 17, 2010 7:28 am

Aries Mercury, 10th trine Sag. Jupiter 6th….
Aries Mercury also trine Leo Uranus in 3rd.

Last night I accidentally left my phone in the car and unbeknownest everyone was trying to call me to let me know I had a 9:00 am appointment today (instead of 10:00).

I got there at 20 mins. to 9…..Lucky little things like that… 😉

OMG….the screen just said I’m posting ‘too quickly’ and I hadn’t even pressed ‘submit’ once since I’ve been here today.

Must be that lightening fast typing of Mercury/Uranus as well!!

Quadrupled
Quadrupled
July 17, 2010 9:07 am
Reply to  Sweetpea

My only complaint about Merc – Uranus trine is before Uranus can finish its flash of genius, Merc babbles it to the nearest person. Peeps can hear only half of the idea – either the beginning or the end. Never complete.

July 17, 2010 9:17 am
Reply to  Quadrupled

Yeah, we can appear part skitzo I imagine…Only Uranus understands such things… 😉

shell
shell
July 17, 2010 7:14 pm
Reply to  Quadrupled

talking out your ur-anus?

July 25, 2010 8:54 am
Reply to  shell

Yeah, that too sometimes but not often quite frankly.

July 25, 2010 8:55 am
Reply to  shell

Someone once called me a ‘dumb ass’ and I said yeah, I know. All my brains are in my head.

Spirit
Spirit
July 17, 2010 12:52 am

I have a natal Mercury Uranus trine…I`m a genius !…..maybe.

InchbyInch
InchbyInch
July 17, 2010 3:00 am
Reply to  Spirit

Ah ha! I have always admired your pithy flashes of humor in the comments you post, Spirit. That trine must inspire them.

July 17, 2010 7:29 am
Reply to  Spirit

Yeah, genius Spirit….I’m taking it!! lol

July 17, 2010 7:56 am
Reply to  Sweetpea

There should have been a comma after “genius” in order that that read right….(Is the Moon still in Virgo? Hmm, no, Libra…oh well. Sorta anal at times… )

Anonymous
Anonymous
July 16, 2010 11:26 pm

Mercury trine part of fortune….anyone know about this one?

virgo cat
virgo cat
July 16, 2010 11:23 pm

Mercury trine Mars, oh ya! Totally.

July 16, 2010 10:03 pm

“Mercury trine Jupiter: Fabulously lucky and an amazing orator. A philosopher”.

I am good at speech-making if I have prepared. A philosopher? In an instinctive or organic way, but I don’t think others should necessarily subscribe to my p.o.v.

Moon is close to a trine with Mercury and I do feel I talk about emotions easily etc.

As for the psychic stuff, I can make out aura’s some days better than others and the guides are around, but I haven’t the trines to back up these things.:)

2Natured
2Natured
July 17, 2010 7:26 am
Reply to  Andromeda

Mercury trine Jupiter and moon. I enjoy public speaking. Sick, I know. I get a little nervous just before having to speak, but once I’m in the zone, it’s fun.

July 17, 2010 9:38 am
Reply to  Andromeda

My Gem Sun, Sagg Moon daughter doesn’t have Mercury trine anything as far as I can see, but she could see auras as a child (Mercury opposite Neptune? Or, Moon conjunct Uranus?)

Those would work too I imagine.

July 17, 2010 3:48 pm
Reply to  Andromeda

I don’t think it’s sick 2N! There is a lot of energy around large groups and floating on that can feel great. I will definitely teach my kids to be able to form a speech when they are older, it’s an important asset in the workplace and socially. Well I love astrology, but I am not sure all our abilities are in our charts. What do you think Sweetpea, is there a way of explaining most things? Besides all that aura reading stuff are just things we have forgotten how to do – like your cool sounding daughter – so… Read more »

July 25, 2010 8:53 am
Reply to  Andromeda

Memory retention. I couldn’t help but giggle as I have never seen a glyph for that or an aspect (perhaps Mercury trine Saturn tho)…but,

For the past and other lives and some clues to past patterns one would look to the Nodes.

Mercury trine Jupiter “expands” things (esp. the mind, eh?) So, I would look to what else is going on with those planets by aspect and what are the house rulers to get a more intricate picture of your aura seeing and such.

x

FireyBovine
FireyBovine
July 16, 2010 6:31 pm

Merc trine neptune and saturn – just recently discovering neptune’s strength in my chart – strong intuitions and flashes when paying attention – making space for etc – would love to be able to see auras but no such . . .

Pon-Pon
Pon-Pon
July 16, 2010 6:12 pm

I have mercury in virgo trine saturn, uranus and neptune in capricorn. Uhm, it seems I have alot of signs pointing to that I’m a genius/really smart? I love to talk about profound and weird stuff like aliens, magick etc stuff but I’m really not that smart. ;p I’m pretty awkward at speaking though, unless it’s presentations or about stuff I’m really really interested in. I’m horrible at small talk. I have extremely bizarre dreams sometimes, but they’re not terribly often. Most of my dreams are also about either flying or apocalypses. I honestly don’t know what that implies. I’ve… Read more »

Taurean Love Expert
Taurean Love Expert
July 16, 2010 6:00 pm

Whoa, my Merc is trining Uranus AND Pluto (they’re conjunct for me). Wile E. Coyote, SUPER genius!

Charles
Charles
July 16, 2010 11:24 pm

Yeah, I have the Merc trine Pluto too. I can see right through people. If it is unknown, I have to know it.

July 17, 2010 9:41 am
Reply to  Charles

My Sister has Aries Sun and Merc trine Pluto in 1st. She can sniff out the insincere/phoney also. She has been a bit “ahem” blind however to her own shortcomings at times. …Perhaps thats the Aries part and Leo rising…

spmalr
spmalr
July 16, 2010 5:35 pm

Mercury at 22 Aquarius trine Mars at 24 Gemini. Speaking up for the rights of the downtrodden, guts and pep talk. hmmmmm….. I will start by working on getting some guts, affirmations in the mirror and speaking up for my own rights!!

Does the type of sign, eg air, influence the flow of expression in any way?

venus a-go-go
venus a-go-go
July 16, 2010 5:35 pm

I have a Mercury trine with my Sun, Venus, Jupiter and Neptune.

o.O

My chart keeps on saying I am one hot tamale… my life tells me something a little different:)
With these trines I should be able to dream up a hot lover, blind them with my charisma, talk their pants off and them a) not be a prick or b) never get caught.
Oh, how I want this to be true.

muzzlethedark
muzzlethedark
July 17, 2010 12:17 am
Reply to  venus a-go-go

Venus a-go-go, what I know about my trines, they are natural talents sitting within waiting to be used BUT I don’t utilize them. I coulda already been a well-known published author hotshot with tons of friends if I had self-esteem. Saturn’s in 5th, house of self-expression. So once you get whatever that needs to be out of the way, then trines can be unlocked.

July 17, 2010 10:07 am
Reply to  muzzlethedark

Muzz,

I think Saturn there just means that you will be an EXPERT in whatever way you finally do decide to express yourself as having undergone the fires you will master it through and through… 😉

muzzlethedark
muzzlethedark
July 17, 2010 12:47 pm
Reply to  Sweetpea

Ooh sweet, it’s also part of a stellium there; Mercury, Venus, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune in 5th house Capricorn. Does this say sweet success for my artistic career!

July 17, 2010 1:30 pm
Reply to  muzzlethedark

crazy awesome 5th house muzzie – maybe writing about new trends and innovations in art or success with some form of photography or words + image? Seems like a visionary set of planets to be hanging out together in that house.

scorpalicious robot
scorpalicious robot
July 17, 2010 12:56 pm
Reply to  Sweetpea

oh thanks for that Muzz and Sweetpea.

I have Mercury square Mars and Mercury square Saturn. Whenever i see Saturn i just think HARD WORK! But i keep forgetting that through hard work comes expertise! I really needed to be reminded of the positive qualities of “harsh” aspects, especially with Merc square Saturn – tend to think doom and gloom. I’ve had to work really hard to see that the glass is half full and not empty and dirty (mars in Virgo)

venus a-go-go
venus a-go-go
July 17, 2010 4:58 pm

Hrmmm. This is all food for thought.

Its not so much that I am lack in self esteem- I justpick quite masculine workspaces and am therefore not ‘womanly’ very often cos I don’t want to have been hired for having a ‘nice rack’… I want to be good at my job.
My Saturn is in my 11th house… and its my Mars in the trine, not my Venus… so this might make more sense..
*facepalm*

Ms
Ms
July 17, 2010 8:03 pm

not to hi jack trine thread with square wah but some squares can become assets of learning later. not all doom and gloom. I have a lot of squares I was told would be better after 30

aqua aqua
aqua aqua
July 16, 2010 5:34 pm

well i don’t have any of the planets listed there but do have mercury trine chiron… any insights? something about healing?

prowlncat
prowlncat
July 16, 2010 5:45 pm
Reply to  aqua aqua

hands on spiritual healer … check out reiki or theta healing .. even massage

Spirit
Spirit
July 17, 2010 12:50 am
Reply to  prowlncat

Theta Healing !

Glow
Glow
July 17, 2010 5:32 am
Reply to  prowlncat

Chiron is my only Mercury trine as well… I get the healing part, but why do you say hands-on, prowlncat? I would think it would be more like healing through words, being a healing counselor and/or writer (and also healing yourself in through words)… which fits me perfectly.

July 17, 2010 8:18 am
Reply to  Glow

Yeah I’m interested to know why hands on as well – I don’t know much about chiron, what’s the rub with that prowlers? The house and sign of your chiron/mercury will tell you how it will be most readily expressed – also if you have gem or virgo ascendant or you are a gem or virgo ie either of them is your chart or sign ruler (is that the one chiron’s supposed to align with? Some peeps say chiron actually rules virgo?) it would amplify one of the energies profoundly also. I love a bit o theta it makes irritating… Read more »

July 17, 2010 8:40 am
Reply to  whatevs

“What’s the ~rub~”, whatevs?….lol

Have Gem/Mars rising trine Chiron close the the MC. Massage work (hands).

Gemini traditionally rules the hands and arms which makes sense ..Add in the Mercury w/Chiron and there ya go! As you mention, what house Mercury-Chiron rules is also a tell-tell ’bout the rub-a-dub-dub…

Or not…

As in writing/words…I like to write also Glow even tho Merc not directly aspected to Chiron…

Toro in Transit
Toro in Transit
July 17, 2010 6:21 pm
Reply to  whatevs

so mercury/chiron trine, chiron in cap, could be healing through sensible, bracing words?? LOL!

Toro in Transit
Toro in Transit
July 17, 2010 6:22 pm
Reply to  whatevs

what is theta healing? i’ve never heard of it

July 18, 2010 2:55 pm
Reply to  whatevs
July 18, 2010 3:09 pm
Reply to  whatevs

these are the ones I’ve seen – I wonder if anyone’s ever made one that’s the frequency of rage or submission and broadcast it… barely audibly as vague background noise. Just pulsed it at people? Subtle… hehehe evil lol-ing ensues

Beta brain waves = Waking conscious, alert = 14-30 Hz
Alpha brain waves = Daydreaming, creative, relaxed = 8-13 Hz
Theta brain waves = Dreaming, hypnotic, meditative, subconscious = 4-7 Hz
Delta brain waves = Unconscious, asleep, deep sleep = 0.5-6 Hz

Toro in Transit
Toro in Transit
July 18, 2010 5:58 pm
Reply to  whatevs

tks whatevs:

like a good savasana in yoga or pranayama!

got it. good stuff!

July 18, 2010 8:57 pm
Reply to  whatevs

yes yoga for the lazy pretty much sums it up : o)

prowlncat
prowlncat
July 17, 2010 3:08 pm
Reply to  Glow

not sure Glow and whatevs … it kind of just “popped into my head” as an intuitive thought … kinda like when I do tarot readings. These messages aren’t necessarily part of my own logic if you get my drift, but I think Sweetpea sums it up very nicely. 🙂

July 17, 2010 4:38 pm
Reply to  prowlncat

ahh I thought there might be a ground breaking theory going on. Gemini = hands and arms is interesting, I was thinking about gem because mercury rules it but if gem rules the hands/arms then it makes even more sense.

I asked this once before then forgot to go back and see if anyone answered, what’s a good book about chiron? Is that barbara hand clow one any good does anyone know?

prowlncat
prowlncat
July 17, 2010 8:11 pm
Reply to  prowlncat

*chuckles* re groundbreaking theory comment. Here’s a ground breaking notion for y’all – we ain’t nearly as in control as we like to think we are and that’s a Bloody Good Thing.

One lesson recently learned: The Universe loves me way to much to let me have all the crap I think I want. But damn it gives me everything I need in generous proportions! Yay!

plutonic gem
plutonic gem
July 16, 2010 5:25 pm

ah good idea… will have a look over the weekend

prowlncat
prowlncat
July 16, 2010 5:09 pm

Mercury trine Neptune: psychic, dream interpretation or divination skills, can often see auras.

Haven’t seen an aura yet tho I bloody well wish I could – would save a lot of trouble weeding out the dickheads.

Mercury trine Jupiter: Fabulously lucky and an amazing orator. A philosopher.

Yes I’m a closet Sophist … I feel sorry for whatever minions I might have one day.

July 18, 2010 11:39 pm
Reply to  prowlncat

We have a coupla things in common!

muzzlethedark
muzzlethedark
July 16, 2010 5:05 pm

Mercury trine Moon and Asc. Oh, I adore Thoth. 🙂

MusicalLibran
MusicalLibran
July 16, 2010 4:31 pm

I’ve got Mercury trine True Node (6 Gemini ) and Mercury trine Lilith (9 Aqua)
Not sure at all what that means..

zeb
zeb
July 16, 2010 5:26 pm
Reply to  MusicalLibran

Ok I have Mercury trine Saturn – intellectual rigour and natural sagacity . This may account for why I am always perceived by mothers and people in authority as being so sensible (it would be nice to not to have to be so level headed all of the time). It also fits with my life ambition to become a wise old woman. Is Mercury trine Saturn also why I am drawn to a career in academia but is this the only path for me? Don’t you just love this stuff when it makes sense?

year of the fox
year of the fox
July 16, 2010 4:31 pm

What happens if you have no Mercury Trines? :3

prowlncat
prowlncat
July 16, 2010 5:09 pm

probably not much!! … I’m not very helpful am I? 😉

Equilibrium Girl (nee Stress Princess)
Equilibrium Girl (nee Stress Princess)
July 16, 2010 5:42 pm

Nuthin’ trining my Merc either!

Oh dear. With Merc in Cap, no wonder I’m a tad reticent…

Herby
Herby
July 17, 2010 5:59 am

Nothing trining my Mercury either. But Sun, Venus, Saturn, Asc and North Node conjunct to it in Virgo (12th House). So maybe with all that going on it’s a good thing there’s no Mercury trines happening.

July 17, 2010 10:43 am

Foxy, I mentioned my daughter (somewhere on this thread….Gemini Sun, Sagg Moon)…. She has no Mercury trines but she is gifted spiritually, musically, etc, etc…and yes I know I’m a Mom but she simply is. Her Soul made her that way, not me. This is her food blog as she does gourmet cooking as well and does her own food photography…..(If you click on “Jade” my granddaughter’s pix is also there as I used to have her on my avatar, here). Never the less, don’t despair, one does not always need trines to be brill!! Some (like me) can be… Read more »

July 18, 2010 11:36 pm
Reply to  Sweetpea

She is really beautiful and looks well put-together in every way if you know what I mean?!!! You are lucky except I bet you are an awesome mum too.. What wonderful young woman – I remember your granddaughter’s pic, she looked so sweet and fun.

July 21, 2010 7:04 am
Reply to  Andromeda

Thank you Andromeda, that is sweet of you too!

July 21, 2010 7:06 am
Reply to  Sweetpea

Oh, she was very pleased at all the hits her site got as it helps with advertising or something….So thanks peeps…

Ms
Ms
July 17, 2010 7:59 pm

i got no trines either babe. to almost anything. only conjunctions and er.. squares .. x

elderly lioness
elderly lioness
July 16, 2010 4:27 pm

Aren’t trines 120 degrees separation and squares 90 degrees?

I have Mercury (22 Cancer) trine Jupiter (18 Scorpio) Can’t say I’m all that lucky (except for an occasional dead cert hunch on a racehorse that pays off) and am hopeless at public speaking, but am philosphical in the calm sense in emergencies.

Steph
Steph
July 16, 2010 4:12 pm

Merc in Taurus trines both Uranus & Neptune in Cappy. Not sure about genius and gadget skills, but I have been blessed with a gift for dream interpreting. (This might be helped by my multiple signs in Pisces.) Friends and family seek me out for it out of nowhere. Sometimes my dreams are also prophetic, but I try not to rely on them too much. Ugh, Earth sign sensibility…

olyalyalya
olyalyalya
July 16, 2010 4:00 pm

Mercury aspects all planets above in proximity of 3 degrees and less, except Neptune and Pluto. There are 2 squares though including Jupe and Mars.

How to find out if Merc makes aspect to South Node? It doesn’t show on astrodienst.

shell
shell
July 16, 2010 6:45 pm
Reply to  olyalyalya

its directly opposite your north node. they are a polarity.

Anonymous
Anonymous
March 16, 2012 1:24 am
Reply to  olyalyalya

configurationhunter.com

Anonymous
Anonymous
March 16, 2012 1:27 am
Reply to  Anonymous

configurationhunter.com is great! It includes aspect data about north and south nodes and asteroids. You can also use it to do a synastry comparison of aspects between another person and yourself.
It’s free 🙂