Should I Send My Gemini Ex A Birthday Card?

Animation of Atlantis Queen drinking coffee and reading

A Scorpio asks if it is a good idea to send his Gemini Ex-Girlfriend a birthday card. Gemini and Scorpio have a strange dynamic and my first answer is no.

Dear Mystic Medusa,

I love your Horoscopes. You have always been spot on.  I know you have lots of people asking questions but, if you have any spare capacity at all, I’d appreciate your answer to an astrological question that has been plaguing me.

My ex-girlfriend dumped me six days before Valentine’s Day this year. She is a Gemini.  Should I, a Scorpio, send her birthday wishes? I have not had any contact with her for three months.  I liked her heaps and now know what the Phoenix feels like when it is just a heap of ashes.

Michael The Scorpio

No! The ashes feeling is the prelude to your renewal. And, remember, she broke it off with you. It would disempower you to send her birthday wishes. Geminis sense when you are thinking about them and move on from situations at Warp Speed. And, if you’re hoping a card would win her back, Geminis are allergic to sentimental gestures.

Scorpio and Gemini relationships are difficult because you’ve got different Elements AND Modes going on.  Despite mutual admiration, lust or affection, you and she can be on different frequencies. Scorpios see value in experiences or feelings that Geminis fear will kill their momentum. Focus on your transformation and regenerating your vibe. If she decides she made an error, she can zoom over with her winged sandals to find you.

What does everyone else think?

Image: Atlantis – The Lost Empire

blah
blah
November 3, 2010 12:17 pm

i’m a gem 😀 it depends on the break up actually. if i still love the guy, i’d appreciate the card (it doesn’t mean that when you break up with someone, you don’t love him/her anymore – infidels… hellowww sometimes you still hope right?). if i don’t, you’re as good as past life. i got dumped by a scorp btw – by kissing a woman right before my very eyes (not just your ordinary smack)!!! i hated him for that. without a word, i flew. after a year, he managed to get my number through connections. he called me because… Read more »

luia
luia
August 29, 2010 4:19 pm

Hmm….to send or not to send???
As a gemini, I’d say send it..we arent as heartless as we’re made out to be BUT it depends greatly on her mood at the time. If shes in a nice accepting mood, she’ll think. Oh how nice of him!
If shes feeling somewhat b*tchy, she might think, What a loser! but chances are, she won’t completely ignore you, however, she might feel powerful and victorious.

bluelibra
bluelibra
July 15, 2010 3:33 pm

NO – I know this is way late – but after my experience with THAT Gem ex. Once they move on they just DON’T care.

leonine librarian
leonine librarian
July 15, 2010 8:22 am

Send the card, don’t send the card. Either way you gain knowledge. At the very least thinking about it shows that on some level you would still like her in your life. I don’t understand the Gemini mind/heart well enough to know what her response could be. I know there is a lot of fluidity and lightening fast moods, but the heart? It’s only Michael the Scorp that knows whether he thinks she is worth the risk of an overture of friendship being accepted or rejected. It’s only Michael the Scorpio who can say if he would be content with… Read more »

vera
vera
July 14, 2010 12:50 pm

Also, are we Gems really that bad?
It certainly doesn’t feel like I have no heart!!

InchbyInch
InchbyInch
July 14, 2010 1:37 pm
Reply to  vera

NO! All the bad-mouthing of Geminis you see here is just jealousy that y’all cover so much ground with so little effort and don’t let the details drag you down!

July 14, 2010 9:01 pm
Reply to  vera

Yes, yes, Gems are completely superficial and have no feelings at all. That heart’s just for pumping that watered down blood they possess..! No, I jest, I think a lot depends upon House placement and other planetry influences. My Gem Hub has Sun in the 4th House and he is very stable and sincere. He displays his ability to move quickly mentally in his job rather than his emotions.

Quadrupled
Quadrupled
July 14, 2010 9:08 pm
Reply to  vera

Sun-sign based generalization of Gems, I agree with Andromeda, a lot depends on house of Sun, moon sign and where Saturn is.

My sun is Gem 3rd house, but I have a Cap moon plus Pluto squares my Sun,
heart breaks are always an internal affair for me.

July 14, 2010 11:23 pm
Reply to  Quadrupled

Yes, good you mention Saturn, my GemHub has Saturn conjunct his Sun, so true.

July 17, 2010 8:52 am
Reply to  Quadrupled

Aw, bless Quadrupled….

I have a Cap Moon. Sun squares Saturn..

“heartbreaks are always an internal affair for me”..

Couldn’t have said it better. If only people knew the internal torture and emo pain we conceal…Me behind my Gem rising….But behind I can be nearly immobilized with sorrows!!! boo-hoo!!!x

Samina
Samina
July 14, 2010 12:49 pm

Oh dear, this hits close to home… As a 0 degree Cancer born on June 21, who broke up with former SO (another Cancer) the day after V-Day (the first time) and the day after his B-day (the second time) – “I swear it just worked out that way…!”
– my advice is… No, leave well enough alone. If you are still friendly in the same social circle, a post to her Facebook wall is acceptable, but otherwise…move on, break the ties that bind, emotionally. A card is *not* appropriate at this point.

Best wishes to you!

vera
vera
July 14, 2010 12:39 pm

I’m a gemini in the exact opposite situation. My Virgo ex just sent me a book and a birthday card for my (late June Cancer-cusp) birthday. So similar – I broke it off last year but we remained friends, however it became clear they were just hoping I’d change my mind, so in January I cut off all contact. Six months later I receive the gift, then a follow-up email asking if we can be friends again. Quite frankly- I’m horrified. To me it just seems like I have to go through breaking it off all over again, “No, we… Read more »

D
D
July 14, 2010 12:37 pm

Send the card if you want to send the card. . . but . . . this doesn’t mean you’ll get back together, and she may be frustrated at the contact. She may, on the other hand, reply. The real question to ask is why you want to send the card, not whether you should send the card. It’s an interesting choice of metaphor. The thing about the phoenix is that it emerges even more glorious than it was before. My entire life collapsed last year. . . the day I started wearing a new jade pendant I’d bought. I… Read more »

aqualala
aqualala
July 14, 2010 11:58 am

No. No contact. When it’s over, it’s over. The end.

July 14, 2010 8:56 pm
Reply to  aqualala

Do you have any Cappy? Some saturnian influence? It seems so …brittle to just end things so completely!

scorpalicious robot
scorpalicious robot
July 14, 2010 11:29 pm
Reply to  Andromeda

I have Cap rising though. Might explain my comment above. 🙂

July 16, 2010 2:46 pm

Aha~ 😛

Super Sagg
Super Sagg
July 14, 2010 11:54 am

What is it about Scorps wanting to contact their ex’s all the time?

My ex-BF, who was a mega-Scorp, still sends me “I wanna be friends” messages on Facebook five years after we hit Splitsville – the most annoying part being I have to waste the energy clicking “Ignore” all the time.

Always remember: they are an ex for a reason.

Odette-in-Libra
Odette-in-Libra
July 14, 2010 2:19 pm
Reply to  Super Sagg

You can block your ex-BF on fb. Saves time.

scorpalicious robot
scorpalicious robot
July 14, 2010 3:08 pm
Reply to  Super Sagg

Not this Scorp!! Maybe it’s because i have moon in Sagg. Once it’s over, it’s OVER. No turning back, cutting off all ties is the only way. Exes never contact me. They wouldn’t dare! 🙂

July 14, 2010 8:56 pm
Reply to  Super Sagg

Really? I am friends with all my exes more or less, I thought it was just polite and my sentimental Venus, Mercury, Saturn Cancer Stellium acting up. But maybe it is better to move on completely and take my Scorpio Moon with me. Hmm.

Baristagem
Baristagem
July 14, 2010 10:19 am

I don’t think the card is a good idea…..

If you had some contact after the break up it maybe appropriate depending on the situation however seeing as you have had none, I would leave it alone. She broke it off with you let her deal with that decision & if she wants to contact you she will. Gemini’s don’t have any problem with communicating & the fact she hasn’t had any communication with you probably suggests she doesn’t want too.

Don’t worry there are plenty of Gemini’s in the sea…. 😉

July 14, 2010 8:53 pm
Reply to  Baristagem

“Gemini’s don’t have any problem with communicating & the fact she hasn’t had any communication with you probably suggests she doesn’t want to”. I agree with Baristagem!!

As I am married to a Gem and am Gem Rising I feel like I know how ‘La di daa, wot?, NEXT!’ Gemini can be. Three months is like aaages in Gemini time.

My obsessive, romantic Scorpio Moon doesn’t know what to do with itself some days (play devious ego-acupuncture on my Leo Sun?).

prowlncat
prowlncat
July 15, 2010 1:40 am
Reply to  Andromeda

Gem Asc too … 3 months might as well be a past life!

catriona
catriona
July 14, 2010 9:01 am

YES. send the card.

1. You seem to want to send a card
2. Although you are sending it with the right sentiment (birthday wishes) it may trigger guilt or bad vibes on her part (how dare he be nice)
3. Being polite and sending the card is good vibes on your part. You look like a kind friend
4. it’s only a card
5. don’t expect ANY response, this is the key

Cat the gem (my bf is a scorpio)

Constance
Constance
July 14, 2010 6:18 am

Absolutely yes, let one Scorpio humble himself and the world may spin differently.

July 14, 2010 2:42 am

I wouldn’t send it. I met a Capricorn local when I was in Kaui. My Moon was on his Venus and we had a mini fling. Anyway, I foolishly gave him my address and months later he sent me an Xmas card. I wasn’t interested just like I hadn’t been interested in anything further while in Hawaii (he wanted dinner, etc).

I threw his Xmas card in the trash. I hate it when men are persistant when you’re not interested. Get the message!! Capeesh??

July 14, 2010 2:43 am
Reply to  Sweetpea

Oh, Gemini rising, Mars conjunct. Don’t know what his other signatures were however….His Venus on my Moon in 8th however and so a little Scorpio influence.

July 14, 2010 2:46 am
Reply to  Sweetpea

Only gave him my address on a cocktail napkin at a nightclub cuz been drinking mai tais. I’ve moved since then… 😉

Odette-in-Libra
Odette-in-Libra
July 14, 2010 2:16 pm
Reply to  Sweetpea

I hate that, too. Not flattering at all – it makes me feel trapped & annoyed. (And if I feel friendship for the guy, it makes me feel guilty & sad on top of trapped & annoyed because I care about hurting him & hate being forced to reject him repeatedly.)

July 16, 2010 9:52 am

Good gravy, a whole host of emo’s involved….I agree darl Odette…Leave me alone and I won’t have to hurt you…lol

July 16, 2010 9:53 am
Reply to  Sweetpea

Kauai….been spelling Kauai wrong all this time. Heck a few mai tais later and one cannot spell at any rate….

Spirit
Spirit
July 14, 2010 1:11 am

There is this weird little RADAR thing Scorps have…anyone they`ve ever met is still on their radar screen….a subliminal tracking device.

scorpiontailedtongue
scorpiontailedtongue
July 14, 2010 1:18 am
Reply to  Spirit

yes, I have to agree good or bad but just is.

unpredictable pisces
unpredictable pisces
July 14, 2010 7:58 pm
Reply to  Spirit

i have to ask, how do you remember and what sort of things do you remember…i mean considering the number of people I have met who are of no interest to me whatsoever…wouldn’t this occupy valuable neurons you could be using as reserves for binge-drinking / designing world-dominating computer programs / inventing new sex positions / web-stalking / etc? just asking…i mean, i know a scorp person like this. My low tolerance for most people means i write a large proportion of them off pretty quickly. not that they’re bad people but nothing about them excites me..anyhoo

leonine librarian
leonine librarian
July 15, 2010 8:05 am

UP writing from a scorp moon perspective I think it’s just instinctual. I think a scorp or person with enough scorp in their charts to be scorp lite (oxymoron I know but still) is able think with their researchy gathering brain and underneath seethes all sorts of other stuff. Um the shit list, the hmm hot list, the might want to one day list, whatever…yet it functions sort of like blinking. So I don’t think a lot of energy is expended, it just is.

unpredictable pisces
unpredictable pisces
July 14, 2010 12:02 am

maybe find a nice pisces with some leo or virgo influences to liven things up…and distract yourself. naturally i think pisceans are the solution to most things 😉

unpredictable pisces
unpredictable pisces
July 14, 2010 12:04 am

lol, i note that i have provided a gemini-ish solution of self-distraction to solve emo questions. thanks, ascendant

Charley
Charley
July 13, 2010 10:00 pm

No way.

As a Scorpio with a lot of close Gemini friends I’ve learnt the hard way that as much as I adore them and they might adore me, we think SO differently when it comes to so many things. Especially love. It’s not that they don’t feel, they just have a limit and most Scorpios do not.

Scorpophilia
Scorpophilia
July 13, 2010 10:22 pm
Reply to  Charley

here here Charley. Couldnt agree with you more

Michael Sweetheart – NO!!

InchbyInch
InchbyInch
July 14, 2010 3:43 am
Reply to  Scorpophilia

Exactly, Charley. The Gems just do not go to the same depths.

Michael, if you must send the card – and you’ll prob. send it if you really are compelled to do so despite what everyone says here – make sure it says something goofy, like a good knock-knock joke. Better still, adapt the style of the card to her Moon sign, if you know it.

The Leo Socialite
The Leo Socialite
July 13, 2010 9:41 pm

IF you find out she is still single then maybe but do you really want to picture her lying in bed with some hoon, his studly shoulders heaving with laughter as she reads out the message on your card to him, only embellishing the whole thing to flatter him further before they have sex for the 2nd time that night?

Anonymous
Anonymous
July 13, 2010 7:59 pm

I think that the main point there is that when you are over it enough to be cool and send the card, that means you are over it – so why send the card. Like who cares if she has a happy birthday, or not….

scorpalicious robot
scorpalicious robot
July 13, 2010 8:58 pm
Reply to  Anonymous

good point Anon. Are you an earth sign?

July 14, 2010 2:44 am
Reply to  Anonymous

Exactly…

leogroover
leogroover
July 13, 2010 7:20 pm

all fantastic advice here. Gems will like the contact but only for that reason they can’t ignore it. Seems like its 99% no here. We’ve all been thru it and do not want anybody else to suffer as we did so….

Little Joey
Little Joey
July 13, 2010 7:12 pm

To Scorp Michael- My partner is a Nov 16 Scorpio too and in the two years we have been together, five (count ’em) of his ex-girlfriends have done the “just want to catch up for coffee/ lunch /old times’ sake” thing with him…..several times….. each. Never mind that he tells them he NEVER wants to speak to or to see them ever again, never mind that the one who came to his parents house on the off chance he’d be there was told by them go away and never come back (she did), never mind that he says I am… Read more »

Capfire
Capfire
July 13, 2010 7:12 pm

Love the ‘electronic shocking device’ in desparate times. My Cap sun/merc/mars has always admired the dark undercurrents of Scorps, fuqing lovely to know someone digs deep. A gem just may not understand…so don’t!

Capfire
Capfire
July 13, 2010 7:34 pm
Reply to  Capfire

Dear god that was my early degrees of sun in Cap/Pluto transit talking. I liked it when he…..
Seriously my best mates are scorps!

nsv
nsv
July 15, 2010 8:35 am
Reply to  Capfire

well i quite liked your post! i think you’re onto something with geminis just not appreciating ‘someone who digs deep’. michale – two sides to emotional intensity, but choose to reclaim your power and move on. be the gritty, never lose the upper hand kind of scorpio. i have given up my emotional power to unsafe people before, and one was a gemini! i had to try extremely hard to not want to initiate contact. but it’s not good! especially someone who dumps you six days before V day. wtf? in future you will feel better for not having given… Read more »

Savannah
Savannah
July 13, 2010 6:32 pm

My first thought was why. If you don’t have a shared interest each ie children or shared care of cats/pets, move on. Leave it be. Do some brutal analysis on it to process her out of your head.

Neptunian girlfriend does this and it for some reason annoys me even though it’s none of my business.

Luscious Leo
Luscious Leo
July 13, 2010 6:17 pm

Michael – no. It seems like you still yearn for her. Let her go. I know that is v hard for you as a Scorp bc you probably feel so strongly but unrequited love is not a happy path for you to take. It’s REALLY not. Maybe instead use that Scorp energy and insight to write a letter to yourself about what you enjoyed about the relationship and what you would like in your next one. By the way, the only sign who I think could write a card to an ex and get away with it is an Aqua.… Read more »

tati scorpitini
tati scorpitini
July 13, 2010 5:35 pm

Don’t send anything. Maintain a dignified silence. Ignore her. Any contact with exes is probably a bad thing, for most Scorpios.

one clove cigarette at midnite
one clove cigarette at midnite
July 13, 2010 5:34 pm

hey, Mystic, how are you superwoman and everywoman on the same beat at all times? i guess it’s that pisces, plus a little something extra, huh? dayum, girl. comprehensively deep, delving and blithe/humorous/brush-ya-shoulders-off all at once. maybe you have some good-ass karma. if you’re this awesome/awe-inspiring now, how the f_&$ will you be in twenty, thirty years time? you rock so much sh*&… maybe unanswerable, magical. yeah, you know you are.

plutobunny
plutobunny
July 13, 2010 5:18 pm

I would probably advise not to send the card. I remember years ago a scorpio ex turning up at my door step with a picnic basket on the morning of my birthday, I hadn’t seen him for months! Was very awkward and wierd!

scorpiontailedtongue
scorpiontailedtongue
July 14, 2010 1:15 am
Reply to  plutobunny

agreed.
It can appear a bit stalkery.

Maso
Maso
July 13, 2010 4:58 pm

Send it. She wont even notice.

Sassy
Sassy
July 13, 2010 5:35 pm
Reply to  Maso

Haha classic Maso. I agree, she will too busy with her fb, email, mobile, gym, friends, tv etc Gems love talking right, so any chance to text, email, facebook etc they are on it. So if she has not contacted you for 3 months it is OVER RED ROVER. Plus, I would think Scorps would be too intense for Gems, who like to keep things light, breezy and on the surface. Like a buzzing bee hopping from one flower to the next. Move on and find yourself another a fellow Scorp who reciprocates the yearning, obsessing over as much as… Read more »

Ms
Ms
July 13, 2010 6:12 pm
Reply to  Sassy

NOOooOOooooo

scorp on scorp is usually a terrible terrible idea babe. I know people who are not scorpio’s tend to see this as some sort of invisible team we are all on but imagine (hetro esque) pluto VS femme fatal. It’s an endless power war and the sex is no where near as good as you would hope as you are immune to their voodoo and they resent your own

Sassy
Sassy
July 13, 2010 7:11 pm
Reply to  Ms

Oh really?…I suppose another water sign then, pisces or cancer.
Is it one of those “when they are good they are really good, but when they are bad they are horrid” type of pair

I just know with my mars-saturn Scorp, the only peeps i like are Scorps (any planet) as they will take me on, so to speak 🙂 they are not afraid of me.

Ms
Ms
July 13, 2010 7:55 pm
Reply to  Sassy

no its just bad. a lot of game play no verbal happenings not much action, only peeps I know who even remotely dug this with any of the lust bit was venus scorps its not a team its at each other. thats the negative of Pluto.

scorpalicious robot
scorpalicious robot
July 13, 2010 8:56 pm
Reply to  Ms

“immune to their voodoo” Hahaha. Oh i soooooo agree with you Ms. SPOT ON!! I’m repelled by Scorp men (Joaquin Phoenix excluded but who knows what would happen in reality). Scorp men are great as friends but I’m just not interested in sleeping with them. I had a really, really weird experience with one many years ago. Met him through a friend and we use to catch up for coffee occasionally. One night we went out for a drink and I invited him back to my place because i was enjoying his company. We chatted until the wee hours then… Read more »

Charley
Charley
July 13, 2010 9:55 pm

Snap, Scorpio men just get on my nerves if I have to have anything more than friendship with them.

I can basically only date Aries men.

scorpalicious robot
scorpalicious robot
July 13, 2010 10:16 pm

hehe… I don’t like them either! Too much ego. I’m a sucker for Virgos and Toros. I wouldn’t limit myself to one sign. I’m open to being surprised. It really all depends on what else is going on in their chart.

Ms
Ms
July 14, 2010 9:14 am

Totally, it’s either asexually unimpressed or just out and out power play. I had your above scenario with boy who jealously flipped on me after him circling me (i mistook for friendship) for 2 weeks when I befriended his friend the uber Leo and this counted as some kind of ownership?? Most annoying of all time -I have an ex lover who when ever I run into STILL pulls the same games over a decade later. I escape him wherever possible. He tried to take my number for some work related thing which I was massively hesitant to give but… Read more »

Ms
Ms
July 14, 2010 9:22 am

But lets not scare Michael
some good scorp men as friends in the past 🙂

postmodscorp
postmodscorp
July 14, 2010 3:21 pm

God – I cut straight Scorp men off at the knees without even realising, because – I am IMMUNE TO THEIR VOODOO! I never put that together until just now! Most of them are lovely, and I can totally get why women think they’re wonderful, but for me, its like having x-ray vision through to their motivations and modus operandi…. very awkward romantically, I totally distrust their every statement. But as friends? None better. and the gay scorps make the BEST friends…..

Anonymous
Anonymous
July 14, 2010 6:46 pm

Ms you couldn’t be more spot on, Scorp ex, same games, same lines, all our old jokes (which even I am over…..and same ability to turn things around as though I AM the one waiting, yet everytime I’m out/socialising etc with someone else he gets unvelievably wierd about it and so so shitty. Darts and ducks away from saying anything remotely commital yet when i ignore him he’s like a stalker. Agony, because i do love him, dreadul as he is……..

anon_gem
anon_gem
July 13, 2010 4:42 pm

Why do Gemini people always get such a bad rap?
We have feelings too. And I am one Gem who has
been reduced to ashes as well.

In response to the question no contact is my rule.
Leave the past alone.

olyalyalya
olyalyalya
July 13, 2010 4:41 pm

very BIG NONONO

Who is she? Who is she? Just keep asking that question.

WHO is she? Until that sinks in.

Aqua Fey
Aqua Fey
July 13, 2010 4:39 pm

Personally I think once a relationship is over & the fat lady has well and truly sung (3 months with no contact after all) you have to face the fact it’s dead and move on. It’s painful to do that if you don’t want to, or are still attached. Let it go – and forgive for your own sake. Why is it that you want to be “friends”, send card, remembe birthday etc? This will tell you most about where you are at. Brother in arms, good luck to you. May the cut be clean and swift and the wound… Read more »

postmodscorp
postmodscorp
July 13, 2010 4:37 pm

Gemini’s are wacky – she may be cut that you didn’t, but she may not have noticed….
Err on the side of caution….. no contact by her? Means no way in hell should you contact her!

prowlncat
prowlncat
July 13, 2010 4:30 pm

My answer would be NO as well – you are seeking a backdoor way to re-enter the relationship in quite a manipulative manner which is not only disrespectful to the other person’s wishes but also disrespectful to yourself. I suggest you really have a look at your own underlying motives – and being a Scorp, you will no doubt have the capacity to be ruthlessly honest with yourself about why you are considering this. Once you have gleaned that awareness simply hand it over to your own personal Jesus/God/Ether/Universe and ask for assistance in letting go. There is no shame… Read more »

Odette-in-Libra
Odette-in-Libra
July 13, 2010 4:41 pm
Reply to  prowlncat

So true, in every way. Very good advice.

Lexicon Limbo
Lexicon Limbo
July 13, 2010 4:58 pm
Reply to  prowlncat

Beautifully put Prowln. Kudos.

Belated Happy Birthday to you as well xx

Capfire
Capfire
July 13, 2010 7:55 pm
Reply to  prowlncat

‘Personal Jesus’ so Depeche Mode…so Scorp! Love it!

Pluto Transit Lounge
Pluto Transit Lounge
July 14, 2010 7:47 am
Reply to  Capfire

All Depeche Mode is so Scorp!

No, Michael, don’t do it.

aquaphobe
aquaphobe
July 13, 2010 11:10 pm
Reply to  prowlncat

gawd, i wish you could have sent that to my ex 3 months ago…

Quadrupled
Quadrupled
July 13, 2010 4:22 pm

Am a Gem, sort of dumped by a Scorp. Tried to contact in a compassionate way twice via email in the last three months, no reply. What I learned is, sometimes what you think about a relationship, and mine was friendship first, is not what the other party thinks about the relationship – no clue about what the Scorp thought, but obviously not us as friends first and foremost. It made me question the mismatch in core values. I hold no grudges, but others may have extra energy to do so. So my advice is no contact but not because… Read more »

Charles
Charles
July 13, 2010 3:55 pm

I sent my own crazy Miss Gemini a birthday card. It was a beautiful hand painted card, using a “two-colored brush” technique I learned in Japan, my particular specialty. I used some of my gold pigment that I use only on very special occasions. I signed it and imprinted it with my special seal. She called the police and said I sent her an anonymous death threat. I talked to the officer and explained that she has gone paranoid due to the crack or meth or whatever she’s doing lately, and she only made the complaint because she was embarrassed… Read more »

Aqua Fey

July 14, 2010 11:47 am
Reply to  Charles

**blink blink* Impressive.

Lexicorn
Lexicorn
July 13, 2010 3:48 pm

I think we need more info here Mikey. What’s your intention for sending the card? If you think it will precipitate either a) winning her back, b) making her regret her choices, or c) proving to her you are the higher-minded person, then on all counts it is a NO. If on the other hand, you are over her and would like to make peace / closure / pleasantries, then why the hell not. In those circumstances it seems quite a beautiful gesture. I have exes that I am SO TOTALLY OVER but dread the inevitable bumping into them as… Read more »

Scorpio too
Scorpio too
July 13, 2010 3:45 pm

What is it about Scorpios?? I am 19 Nov and struggled the same as ‘Michael the Scorpio’ with making contact with a past love (Aquarius). Something about that 3 months trigger. Michael don’t do it. If she doesn’t respond to your birthday wish, you will feel hurt and a little foolish, if she does respond you will feel hope and then probably hurt… Believe me I know, I made the mistake. Stay strong and move on and feel the empowerment that will deliver.

libra w aqua moon
libra w aqua moon
July 14, 2010 10:27 am
Reply to  Scorpio too

Scorpio too – you’re the same birthday as a guy I’m about to start dating – do you think you’re healed enough to start seeing someone else yet? because we like you…

:0)

Ms
Ms
July 13, 2010 3:40 pm

How agony aunt! Dear Michael, well it depends on the nature of the break up? I traditionally befriend all my ex’s (which is very unscorpio I hear?) (and that’s not lovers, they are trickier and more heated imo) but if you have to ask chances are, its No. Esp Gemini’s. The only one I dated was such a pain in the arse any moment of contact would inflate the head to thinking I was after him. Never mind him semi stalking my social circle so I could NOT avoid him. Agreed with Mystic. Anything from an ex is always loaded… Read more »

Toro in Transit
Toro in Transit
July 13, 2010 3:37 pm

while paying due respect to the advice of the TLE (who is almost certainly correct in what she says), i’m not quite so sure!

i could paint a scenario where the gem regretted the dumping but didn’t ever want to be seen to admit they were wrong.

and it could be seen as a sort of high minded, i’m better than you, na-na-de-na-na thing on the part of the scorp, LOL!

piscescorp
piscescorp
July 13, 2010 3:33 pm

Delete her phone number & email – basically delete ways of contacting her as much as you can (can be a little difficult in this day & age..) this means it will be easier for you to avoid contacting her (because you wont be tempted every time you see her name) – plus the added bonus of being able to ask “who is this?” if she ever calls…. There are services which can prevent you from sending texts/calling certain numbers – ask your service provider or I’m sure there are applications (or whatever the technical term is for them is)… Read more »

Herby
Herby
July 13, 2010 4:19 pm
Reply to  piscescorp

I’m with you on the delete contact details because then you simply cannot contact them.

And I’m with you on not giving her the satisfaction too – she will just think you are still pining after her and that will give her all the power (says he who’s been bitten by a gemini).

There’s a country song about the long goodbye and how painful it is. Rip it off like a bandaid brother because the long goodbye is excruciating – even when it feels like the bandaid really stings.

Taurean Love Expert
Taurean Love Expert
July 13, 2010 3:26 pm

I would say no. Not ‘cos of the astro – just ‘cos she dumped you. Sail on, allow the wounds to heal. Sending a card = picking at the scab.

Odette-in-Libra
Odette-in-Libra
July 13, 2010 4:36 pm

Taurean is right. She dumped you – she won’t enjoy the card – seriously, she won’t. Breaking up with you right before Valentines day is a sure sign she is not going to appreciate any sentimental gestures. Ignoring her birthday & making no effort at all towards getting back in contact with her is your best choice in every way. She’ll likely respect you for moving on (you can pretend to have moved on until your heart catches up) – and eventually when you’ve really, truly let go, you’ll thank yourself for having exercised that self control. (I say this… Read more »

leogroover
leogroover
July 13, 2010 7:47 pm

love that re. heart catches up OiL

aquaphobe
aquaphobe
July 13, 2010 11:06 pm
Reply to  leogroover

so true and perfectly said.
and she has probably already moved on so why torture yourself?