A Multiple Conjunct Pisces In The Victorian Era

Multiple Conjunct PiscesBeing a multiple conjunct Pisces is surreal at the best of times. But imagine trying to pull off the undiluted Neptune Vibe in an era as stodgy and repressed as the Victorian era.

Frederick Gustavus Burnaby did a damn good job of it though. He had the Sun, Mercury Retrograde, Venus and Uranus in Pisces. That sort of a concentration in one sign is called a stellium, and it amplifies everything.

Burnaby amped the Pisces eccentricity to the max. A soldier and journalist, he traveled everywhere by foot, hot-air balloon or horse.

A Life Lived In Hyper-Flux

“…Burnaby is almost totally forgotten, but in his day he was so famous that the Queen reportedly fainted at news of his death. The Times gave him a 5000-word obituary. Grown men broke down and wept in the street.

…It is easy to see why. Burnaby’s exploits make Rambo look wet. Few people have survived frostbite, typhus, an exploding air balloon, and poisoning with arsenic; explored Uzbekistan (where it was so cold, his beard froze solid and snapped off), led the household cavalry, stood for parliament, could speak seven languages, crossed the channel by hot air balloon, written a string of bestsellers, commanded the Turkish army, and founded Vanity Fair; all before his early death aged 42.

Immensely strong, with a 48-inch chest, Burnaby could break a horseshoe apart with his bare hands. His party trick was to bend a poker double round a dull dinner guest’s neck. Most famously, when fellow officers coaxed a pair of ponies into his room for a jape, Burnaby simply picked them up—one under each arm—and carried them downstairs “as if they had been cats.”…

Prospect magazine

If you know any Multiple Conjunct Pisces people, perhaps this surreal example of a life lived in hyper-flux will help you understand them.

Image: James Tissot

Ãœber Virgo
Ãœber Virgo
June 12, 2010 2:20 pm

This dude is a lot like my fave Piscean adventurer and polymath, Captain Sir Richard Francis Burton, who translated the Kama Sutra & The Arabian Nights, spoke 28 languages, searched for the source of the Nile River with John Hanning Speke, became a diplomat and converted to Sufism. Burton also had a Pisces stellium and three planets in Aries, so very much the multi talented action dude, but at the opposite end of the chart in the 4th and 5th houses with Scorp rising. He was less inclined to party tricks and led a more spiritual life. Also had a… Read more »

Sweetpea
Sweetpea
June 14, 2010 6:47 am
Reply to  Ãœber Virgo

28 languages….crikey… That’s alot of tongue energy…(just joking Ubs…thanks for all that info. Interesting! )

Yes, can you imagine a Piscean sitting there with his cig but Moon and Mars in Leo? Sexy I tell you…

Sweetpea
Sweetpea
June 12, 2010 8:27 am

He very much vibes the ex Piscean sitting very languid like with his cig….

Pegasus
Pegasus
June 11, 2010 11:11 am

1915 was the first VF until ’35.
In it’s new incarnation..from 1983.
Doesn’t add up as Burnaby died in 1885.

Ãœber Virgo
Ãœber Virgo
June 12, 2010 2:28 pm
Reply to  Pegasus

I wondered that too, so I looked up Wikipedia. There was a British VF from 1868 to 1914, but founded by a guy named Thomas Bowles.

The Leo Socialite
The Leo Socialite
June 11, 2010 10:46 am

Hooded eyes are very Piscean too – did he really found Vanity Fair as in THE Vanity Fair magazine?

year of the fox
year of the fox
June 11, 2010 10:40 am

The way he is holding that cig is soooo Pisces. I don’t know why but the Fish i know all do that when they smoke…the languid position and hand thing.

unpredictable pisces
unpredictable pisces
June 11, 2010 10:37 am

wow, what a legend! also, good to know that squares are not as bad as i thought. “nothing’s as bad as you think”

Baristagem
Baristagem
June 11, 2010 9:03 am

He could break a horseshoe apart with his bare hands & picked up a pair of ponies & carried them downstairs…… wow, that is some party trick (gem rising or pisces?) My party trick is that I can move my ears one at a time & then both at the same time, it was something that I practiced as a child as I was inspired by my dad also a pisces who was great at tricks, he could juggle, flick a hat from his foot onto his head & others alike. He was a bull rider/cowboy so I was amazed… Read more »

June 11, 2010 9:21 am
Reply to  Baristagem

another gemini rubix cube 🙂

Savannah
Savannah
June 11, 2010 1:48 pm
Reply to  Baristagem

Your Dad sounds very interesting, where did he do his rodeo work?

Sweetpea
Sweetpea
June 12, 2010 8:28 am
Reply to  Baristagem

Groovey Gemmy!!

Sweetpea
Sweetpea
June 12, 2010 8:29 am
Reply to  Baristagem

And those squares means your garden will always grow, eh?

My Mom, double Leo, had alot of trines and she could get alot done but in many ways she was also very lazy.

Nico
Nico
June 11, 2010 8:50 am

This guy was born on the same day as me – we both have pisces in sun, merc and venus. what a total dude, i like his pant-suit

Mystic is there any other details you can tell us about this guy from his auspicious chart?

something fishy
something fishy
June 11, 2010 11:43 am
Reply to  Nico

Ciao, Nico! Your post made me check his DOB and it’s SAME AS MINE! And I also have Moon in Sagg!!!!

AND, i share his taste in shoes – what could scream Pisces more than those very beautiful and very important-to-the-owner shoes – they are very much enjoyed and loved by him, you can tell. And all us Pisceans can relate, non?

something fishy
something fishy
June 11, 2010 11:44 am

oh and I share the mercury in Pisces too…

Pegasus
Pegasus
June 11, 2010 3:13 pm

Darling dead Mother, said ‘you can always tell a man by the shine
on his shoes’.
She’s be but a freaking in these nike times.
I still drop my eyes to The Shoes & rarely impressed.
Well worn good quality boots & sockless loafers do it for me.