Sekhmet The Lion Goddess

Ancient Egyptian Lion GoddessHey if waiting for Mars to come out of ‘shadow’ in Leo is giving you the merdes, maybe think in terms more of Sekhmet, the Ancient Egyptian Lion-Warrior Goddess…bringer of joy, through strength, tres Kali. Or Pluto.

I dreamed of her years ago, that i was in a classroom with her & yes there were some autonomy type lessons i had to learn then.

She is also asteroid 5381 if you want to throw her into your chart via the Extended Chart Options on Astrodienst. She is conjunct my Mercury in Aries!  Asteroid Sekhmet is currently at 12 Taurus, between Mercury and the Sun, squaring Mars.  Are  you being a truculent N.P.D type nutter with all the fixed sign energy or are you tuning into Queenly Sekhmet vibes…Ruthlessly regenerative…golden, bold…

Blue Moon
Blue Moon
December 11, 2013 4:04 am

Oh and she’s conjunct my mid heaven too.
What could it mean?
I’ve always LOVED lions.
Yes I’ve touched a wild one, no I wasn’t scared but I’m from Africa so very little scares me, apart from monogamy and patriarchal institutions.
Love Sekhmet. Big time love

Blue Moon
Blue Moon
December 11, 2013 4:02 am

Lol
She’s in my 10th house conjunct my sun, mars, mercury and Pluto ….
I’m an astro moron so I don’t know what the green squiggle that could be a Leo sign or True node means but in the little box on the side next to the wheel, that is next to her too.
Oh well….
🙂

Anuradha
Anuradha
March 19, 2013 3:28 am

I’m Scorpio female and I feel strangely connected to Sekhmet!!!! I like her solar feminine symbolism!!! Wonderfu; 🙂

Lucy
Lucy
July 12, 2012 8:56 am

I found out that mine is @ 19’52 in libra, and my pluto is at 14’18 in libra as well… neptune 15’44R in sag. i wonder what it means??? My sun is 9’00 leo, and my asc is at 8’23 in virgo.

Scorched Earth
Scorched Earth
November 5, 2011 10:13 pm

Purfect MM!

Another asteroid in Cap.. my moon and 2nd. It’s a whole other version of ‘occupy’. There’s another camp in Aqua and then some drifters but it’s interesting. I may have a closer look at it all.

Just as an aside.. very peaceful vibes today and am enjoying the astro mood. Was the perfect w/end to start on the Devic essence too!

postmodscorp
postmodscorp
May 10, 2010 9:47 am

Sekmet currently transiting over my natal Chiron in the 1st house – def doing option 2, nothing stuck here, am regenerating rapidly!

Lexicorn
Lexicorn
May 9, 2010 7:25 am

Holy Femmetasia Mystic. I love it when you recommend an asteroid search but I’m starting to be able to guess them before I even punch in the numbers.
I got yet another goddess sitting right beside my Aqua Venus, along with Circe and Sappho and bundles more Girl-power-ragers.
Even better, Sekhment is currently in trine to her natal finger print on my chart, time to Lioness it up…? Hell yes.
Wrote a long email to friends today that was about 70% concerned with how freaking fabulous my mane of hair looks when in Europe and humidity free…

Pegasus
Pegasus
May 8, 2010 7:56 pm

Just found that Bastet, Bast, Sekhmet was Goddess of Perfume & Purity.
Par fume….by smoke.
All smoke & mirrors.

whateverrr
whateverrr
May 8, 2010 11:20 pm
Reply to  Pegasus

My book of doors says sekhmet was bast’s twin. Maybe the narcotic link is because one of her myths is that Ra sent her out to punish the humans for straying from spiritual principles and she had a rampage and was totally unstoppable, pausing only to drink the blood of her victims. She was a real go-getter. So he mixed mandrake and beer and had all the gods flood the land with it one night, so that when she came out in the morning to drink the blood of the fallen she got drunk and happy and forgot all about… Read more »

Pegasus
Pegasus
May 9, 2010 10:19 am
Reply to  whateverrr

O thanx for those titbits, Whateverr, twins, huh, wondered why the name seemed
interchangeable.

Pegasus
Pegasus
May 8, 2010 7:41 pm

On her shadow side, Sekmet has something to do with addictions. Haha, just found it! According to Goddess cards: Protectiveness & loyalty. Obsessions with no limits or boundaries. Overindulgence in mind-altering substances: chemical dependencies; susceptibility to control or trickery. Wonder how that came about? O it says she can protect you from harm to Yourself OR from others & self harm maybe thro’ toxic relationships or self harm via alcohol. Dammit & i’m enjoying a glass of Sav Blanc labelled ‘Mojo’…seriously. It goes onto say: Examine & refocus, like a Lioness hunting, gather yourself together & follow your real destiny… Read more »

whateverrr
whateverrr
May 8, 2010 1:26 pm

OK first thanks for the gift.

And second here we go again in my 5th house – juno, pallas, ceres, sappho, my moon, mercury and venus, you name it, they’re hanging out there, it’s like a day spa for asteroids. Sekhmet is there, conjunct my venus and mercury and sextile mars, semi sextile sun and uranus and quincunx chiron. I’m regenerating thanks, although it doesn’t feel ruthless, it’s flowing right now.

Love the egyptian posts Mystic.

curiouser and curiouser crab
curiouser and curiouser crab
May 8, 2010 10:38 am

Thank you Mystic!

andromeda
andromeda
May 8, 2010 9:24 am

Ooh, Sekhmet in Leo along with my Sun! (Majored in Ancient History, I do vibe with the Egyptians, uncomfortable yet casual connection for me. Being a Chinese double Tiger vibe with cats too, BIG time). Eris/Inanna who “was a powerful warrior, who drove a war chariot, drawn by lions” is in Aries for me and she trines Sekhmet along with my NN in Sagg. = So I guess in this life, with NN in Sagg, in order to learn the truth you must first be an example of the truth… so I need to find my strength against cultural norms… Read more »

andromeda
andromeda
May 8, 2010 9:25 am
Reply to  andromeda

And thank you for the astro gift Mystic! Very kind and much appreciated, xx.

scorpalicious robot
scorpalicious robot
May 8, 2010 12:25 pm
Reply to  andromeda

Hey andromeda, can you see your avatar now? Just wondering, as i saw your comment somewhere about having issues. We can definitely see it.
If you can’t just empty the cache in the browser. 🙂

andromeda
andromeda
May 8, 2010 2:05 pm

Yes thanks Scorpalishus, but where are your haunted kissers gone?

scorpalicious robot
scorpalicious robot
May 8, 2010 2:51 pm
Reply to  andromeda

the haunted kissers dashed off for some Venusian weirding. 😉

FireTrine
FireTrine
May 8, 2010 9:10 pm
Reply to  andromeda

That was unusual..!

Kimmy
Kimmy
May 7, 2010 6:50 pm

I love this post! Sekhment is sacred to me, in Leo opp my moon and sextile my Sun, square my Saturn, quincunx Mars, semi-sextile Venus and square Part of Fortune!

I also love the surprise on the Weekly page!!!! l

Thank you, Mystic!

x Kim x
meow

year of the fox
year of the fox
May 7, 2010 4:25 pm

Mystic, Thanks for the surprise! Loved it!

matthew-minerva
matthew-minerva
May 7, 2010 3:51 pm

i LOVE sekhmet (have you guys read “Egyptian Birth Signs – Storm Constantine”? Great read, but i can see traits of western astro….
Ive got Lady Sekhmet…
20 degrees in Scorpio (9th house) – conjunct True Node
and sextiling Neptune

Mystic whats the lioness’ connection/attributes to Sir Neptune?

matthew-minerva
matthew-minerva
May 7, 2010 3:52 pm

at the moment she is Opposing my sun and squaring my mars! Oh NO!

fluidfeline
fluidfeline
May 7, 2010 4:20 pm

hmmm Matty – not possible if she’s transiting @12 Toro when you are a Saggo. There’s no doubting that!

matthew-minerva
matthew-minerva
May 7, 2010 4:27 pm
Reply to  fluidfeline

omg TRUE! i read the Transit aspects not the Natal-Transit Aspects!
she is Semi-sextiling my natal sun and quincux my AC (less that 1 degree)
hmm i think they need to highligh the Natal-Transit Apsects for me! lol

virgoan one
virgoan one
May 7, 2010 2:43 pm

Thanks for the little pressie Mystic, you’re most beneficent. 🙂

Ms
Ms
May 7, 2010 2:38 pm

totally!!

I feel like the sphinx is breaking out of her sandstone stance and coming to life. Its about time!!! can’t wait for mars return. had to go through a journey into hell but coming into a stronger older power now. seriously wtf is this about. is it time finally?

I have no idea what to do about the little kataka
is it L?
fuq knows

Ms
Ms
May 7, 2010 8:46 pm
Reply to  Ms

7th house capricorn is sekhmet trine chiron and jupiter

I have some minor weirding. I shall ponder on this as I have the flu and must rest.

shell
shell
May 7, 2010 2:03 pm

She’s hanging about at 23 Gem for me, in the nomansland of my chart.
But today she’s transiting my south node, a nice break from merc grinding back and forth. gee whiz is that dragging some shit out my brain.
The sun is on my midheaven today, which I guess means i should be working hard and not faffing about/thinking i might go home and do life admin.

Baristagem
Baristagem
May 7, 2010 1:39 pm

Hmm I have Sekhmet at 4 degrees Sagg. It seems to be squaring Jupiter & semisquare Pluto … 😯

Sekhmet is close to natal Chiron 16 degrees in the 2nd. This might be good?

MusicalLibran
MusicalLibran
May 7, 2010 1:17 pm

So if my Sekhmet is at 20 degrees Scorpio
and I’ve got Venus also at 20 degrees Scorpio

This might be some good news to do with strength emerging in how I deal with love and sex?

MusicalLibran
MusicalLibran
May 7, 2010 1:42 pm

Ah…*blush, foot shuffle, look kind a sheepish*…..when you do the astrodienst thing…is the natal or progressed I should be looking at/quoting? Cos I may just be misleading myself AND you.

shell
shell
May 7, 2010 2:05 pm
Reply to  MusicalLibran

best to start with natal. progressions is something about planets moving or something over time. natal is where they were when you were born.
looking at the natal and transits is fun.

Irmata
Irmata
May 7, 2010 12:55 pm

Oh my word. I don’t know enough about astrology to fully grok this, but I get the feeling it’s pretty powerful stuff:

Mars in Leo 27 degrees
Sekhmet in Leo 26 degrees
(Trine Chiron, Square Jupiter – both in Taurus
Sextil Mercury in Gemini – DAMN! I wish I understood more about the workings!)

Need I mention that Sekhmet is something of a _major_ player in my life? When I discover thing like this, I feel like she’s slapping me upside the head (gently). What’s a Kataka to do with all this leonine energy inside of her??

Irmata
Irmata
May 7, 2010 1:17 pm
Reply to  Irmata

Add an Aries transit to that.

So let’s see… a leonine warrior goddess in the sign of the lion and influenced by the god of war. Also revered as a healer and on good terms with Chiron (but not so much with the authority figure). Sounds pretty Epic to me 🙂

bluelibra
bluelibra
May 7, 2010 12:45 pm

Can I be a golden bold NYPD nutter?

Sorry, its the coffee and itunes on full-blast shuffle talking.

My hair is looking awesome at the mo tho!

🙂 x

olyalyalya
olyalyalya
May 7, 2010 12:42 pm

She quincux my Ascendant at 1 degrees. Conjunct Chiron, sextile True Node, opposition Uranus, trine Jupiter.

My Uranus is in second house- pretty much explains my relationship with money. LOLOLOL

olyalyalya
olyalyalya
May 7, 2010 7:46 pm

oui thank you Mystic, I shall try

year of the fox
year of the fox
May 7, 2010 12:35 pm

Sekhmet conjunct Sun & Uranus + Opp Chiron. woohoo! yay lion powers activate.