Astro Vivienne Westwood & Fire Sign Chicks

Vivienne Westwood

Today is the 69th birthday of the Brit fashion designer Vivienne Westwood – the self-declared “first punk” and yes she is mega-Aries but also benefits from a Grand Fire trine with mega oomph.

Get this:  Sun-Venus in Aries trine Sagittarius Rising trine Pluto-Moon in Leo. That’s a lot of Fire and these take-outs from Guardian profiles amply demonstrate her ornery manner…no?  She also just vibes totally brazenly individuated Fire Sign woman. And the classic outspoken crap that is our lovely Saggo Rising…

“…The one charge that does seem to needle her is that of “didacticism”. Despite the fact she was once a teacher, she says several times in the interview, “I don’t want to be didactic.” Perhaps it implies tediousness, or perhaps she just likes to use the word. Of course, Westwood is thoroughly didactic – it is part of her charm, to make insupportable statements (“Descartes is shit”) and, when challenged, simply sniff, in a Jean Brodie-ish way and say, “The analysis is correct.” Consistency, thinks Westwood, is the last refuge of the unimaginative, which is why lots of unimaginative people keep asking her about punk, when what she wants to talk about is the decline of cultural standards….

…Last year, Westwood launched her 22-page manifesto to rescue mankind from mediocrity, called Active Resistance. It has a cast of 20 characters who pop up throughout it, including Alice in Wonderland and Pinocchio. It is, you gather, quite bonkers, but marvellously so, didactic, snobbish and thoroughly subjective. She hates modern art, for instance. What does her friend Tracey Emin think about this? She gives a little laugh. “I feel very guilty because it’s very one-sided. She loves my clothes and I …” she pauses. “Andy Warhol, Tracey Emin – I couldn’t give tuppence for it. She says, ‘Have you changed your mind about modern art yet?’ and I say, no. But we’re very good friends….”

See Also: Once Fire Signs Start, They Don’t Expect To Stop Anytime Soon — the ageless chutzpah of Tina Turner and Co.

Note also: Anyone who has Moon or Venus near Pluto has the potential to be a cultural spokesperson for their generation. John Lennon – Venus-Pluto in Leo – icon of the Pluto in Leo baby boomers.

April 9, 2010 2:05 pm

Malcolm and Catherine denuuuuuurve , he was so ahead of the game

whatever
whatever
April 9, 2010 2:46 pm

Yes, Aquarian – always ahead of the game, praise the heavens for the uranians the world would be so dreary without them. Interesting chart – Jupiter on his vertex. Pluto transiting his 8th and retro Saturn around the cusp of his 6th when he died.

venus a-go-go
venus a-go-go
April 9, 2010 11:08 pm

I am not sure which game he is ahead of here…
I don’t like Maclaren. But I will miss him.

treacle
treacle
April 9, 2010 7:07 am

Ironic that this post happened and then it announced that Malcolm Mclaren died today

Lexicorn
Lexicorn
April 9, 2010 12:02 pm
Reply to  treacle

I know! How sad but strangely poetic that he died on her birthday!!!!

Ãœber Virgo
Ãœber Virgo
April 9, 2010 12:26 pm
Reply to  treacle

Holy synchronicity!

watery libran
watery libran
April 9, 2010 5:56 pm
Reply to  treacle

I had the same thought this morning when I heard that Malcolm had passed away.

fallen angel
fallen angel
April 10, 2010 5:51 pm
Reply to  treacle

Yes and they were besties when they were younger ..

Ariel
Ariel
April 9, 2010 12:50 am

I love her!
[There was much more to punk than just the Sex Pistols though (yeah I am more of a post-punk).]
I’m fire all over the shop – aries moon, saturn & uranus in sagg, leo rising, all trining each other. & yeah I am an outspoken feminist aesthete idealist, why not admit it?

fallen angel
fallen angel
April 8, 2010 8:51 pm

She so reminds me of Queen Elizabeth…like she’s channeling her yet via design, and I half expect her to have an armada behind her. Love her clothes too, they just embody the best of English eccentricity.

watery libran
watery libran
April 8, 2010 6:37 pm

I saw a pair of VW shoes just recently that I would willingly go into hoc for – never to be worn only worshiped. I when I grow up, or perhaps in my next lifetime, I wanna be a bonkers English chick.

FireTrine
FireTrine
April 8, 2010 5:01 pm

I could totally wear Viv Westwood and nothing else and be quite happy! I love that a lot of the clothes are very structured and draw on historical design patterns. Jackets ‘n’ boots are my thing and I looove that prim look in crazy colours and patterns.

Interestingly she is a keen gardener – gettin’ that earth fix she is apparently lacking!

Like prowln said, it would be great to be that confident and take it to the world.

Michelle-AstroFix
Michelle-AstroFix
April 8, 2010 2:58 pm

Me and Vivienne: both born on April 8th, both Aries Sun with Leo Moon 😀

bull with sting in tail
bull with sting in tail
April 8, 2010 2:38 pm

Anyone pick Johnny Lydon as Viv’s offspring

Just a thought

andrew
andrew
April 9, 2010 3:05 am

i thought johnny lydon was viv’s drag king name~*

andrew
andrew
April 8, 2010 2:01 pm

don’t get me started on red heads. i already used the O word.

julianne moore: imnsho, hands down most beautiful woman in the world.

Taurean Love Expert
Taurean Love Expert
April 8, 2010 2:31 pm
Reply to  andrew

Ha ha, Andrew, my partner agrees with you. I am blonde, and intend to stay that way, so he can indulge in ‘look but don’t touch’ with assorted redheaded strangers. Since he prefers obviously ‘enhanced’ red hair, I hold the dye bottle in reserve – if his passion fades, my hair will brighten.

andrew
andrew
April 9, 2010 3:04 am

is he an aquaman? mine is. he thinks one day he will take me into get that AVEDA red (uruku red)… and he will. cause he love me infinitely, so you know… libras know how to evolve a la madonna.

sorry. sticky & sweet just released in states. might be OCD about it.

fair warning.

unpredictable pisces
unpredictable pisces
April 8, 2010 12:15 pm

see?? Lady Gaga, Viv Westwood…geniuses…maybe this is my MC in aries speaking, or whatever who cares, but i totally relate to their…perspective.

nat
nat
April 8, 2010 1:15 pm

Hi UP, I found a bit more nice info on Venus interps, which I put on the Capricorn Hat thread for you.

nat
nat
April 8, 2010 1:22 pm
Reply to  nat

oh your MC is in Aries??? My god that is THE KEY to your Venus placement! Channel Aries with your female energy (the Hi type of course) and all will be well: fit, energetic, simple, honest… sheep peeps have so many endearing qualities 🙂

BlackStarAries
BlackStarAries
April 9, 2010 7:46 am
Reply to  nat

Thank you Nat!

Sheep peep!

AquaRam
AquaRam
April 8, 2010 10:57 am

I love Viv, anything or anybody that rebels against the norm gets a thumbs up from me, gotta love her originality and oomph! Oh gosh there is my Aqua sun making an appearance, love Viv, right up my alley!

postmodscorp
postmodscorp
April 8, 2010 10:34 am

I walked past her shop in London, stopped, hyperventilated, and then continued on my way with mum doing the exact same thing. Dad looked a bit bemused until we explained that we LOVE her, but no way were we going to go into her shop, get all excited, and then have to leave cos we couldn’t afford anything……

Woman w multiple Hoofs
Woman w multiple Hoofs
April 8, 2010 9:49 am

my genes seem to have worked my ascendant . . . or vice versa?

i like this post – a much needed positive spin – even five planets in Aries were struggling to keep me afloat in the face of a massive ego check: rejection a year after some damn big early declarations- and this tiny reoccurring thought keeps coming back – ‘you can’t believe it is possible for him to NOT be in love with you . . .’ lol. god.

prowlncat
prowlncat
April 8, 2010 9:25 am

I just friggin love Vivi she’s bloody brilliance on a stick, so who cares if she’s a bit “didactic, snobbish and thoroughly subjective” – at least she’s honest and true to herself and not some wishy-washy politically correct, watered down, pointless bland git ripping off society with culturally banal rubbish. *pants* My best Virgo friend has red hair and a Saggo Asc and she’s thoroughly individuated if not quite so staunch. I wish I had the courage to be this true to myself – and make it work out there in the world!! Finally a goddess worth looking up to.… Read more »

starstrokes
starstrokes
April 8, 2010 9:17 am

My first astrology teacher shared with us the overwhelming likelihood for Sag rising women to choose to have blazing orange/red hair…

PonPon
PonPon
April 8, 2010 10:43 am
Reply to  starstrokes

Haha, nice. I’m sagg rising and I have been considering getting my hair dyed bright red/orange.

Taurean Love Expert
Taurean Love Expert
April 8, 2010 8:46 am

I love Vivienne Westwood. I have a coffee table book based on the collection of her clothes at the V&A museum… so many things we wore in the ’80s were her idea! And she didn’t care if lesser mortals knocked her stuff off – she had so many good ideas, she just moved on to the next thing.

Charles
Charles
April 8, 2010 4:06 pm

Yeah, I loved her stuff, especially back in the day when I was a young punk. I kind of thought of her as a Punk mother figure She is about 18 years older than me, but I’d still do her.

I always wondered how she reacted to her ephemeral fashion products becoming museum pieces. Did that book have anything to say about her reaction? Regardless of whether she hated it or loved it, I bet she had a lot to say about it, and was closely involved either way.

Taurean Love Expert
Taurean Love Expert
April 8, 2010 4:13 pm
Reply to  Charles

I think she was involved in curating the travelling exhibition – will have to dig the book out.

Ãœber Virgo
Ãœber Virgo
April 8, 2010 4:35 pm
Reply to  Charles

She obviously has nothing against making truckloads of dosh either, which is rather post punk, I’d imagine. Still, she’s an icon and a legend.

prowlncat
prowlncat
April 8, 2010 9:55 pm
Reply to  Ãœber Virgo

Punks were never anti-dosh making … they were just anti the elite who hoarded it and made it difficult for anyone else to make it either. They basically had the ideology that if their class based society was going to make mongrels out of them – then they would act like mongrels. I’m sure Uranus was involved somehow. I think punk was brilliant at smashing a bunch of staid paradigms than anything the flower power cum sycophantic conservative corporate generation ever managed to achieve.

Ãœber Virgo
Ãœber Virgo
April 8, 2010 10:43 pm
Reply to  prowlncat

The music was shite though. I still prefer psychedelia to punk.

I don’t think punk was anti-dosh either. It’s just drug fuelled anarchy isn’t known for it’s ability to turn consistent profits, although the Sex Pistols did all right (the ones who didn’t end up dead), or Malcolm McLaren did. Between Westwood and McLaren is some hardcore business savvy, and these days Westwood’s customers are sure as hell not punks.

The UK needed the punk era though. Seriously.

April 9, 2010 10:18 am
Reply to  prowlncat

I met McLaren in the mid 80’s , his business acumen was legendary even then. His ‘Paris’ album is a classic, still gets a run around here.

prowlncat
prowlncat
April 9, 2010 11:31 pm
Reply to  prowlncat

felt a chill up my spine when hearing that Malcolm McLaren died today after this thread …

Me
Me
April 8, 2010 8:29 am

I have a question, and didn’t see a regular contact button: My mother is a felon, a liar, a cheat, a horrible, horrible human being who has, and would rather beat you in the head and steal your last few dollars than do anything else. She has never had a conscience or cared for anyone but herself. She has supported herself through the years by stealing and performing “confidence” games to people from whom she gains trust (like elderly, lonely men though the personals ads). She has hurt innumerable people in her pathetic existence, including myself. No, she wasn’t raped… Read more »

Sweetpea
Sweetpea
April 8, 2010 8:38 am
Reply to  Me

Astrology doesn’t actually ignore, just that it can’t tell the soul and it’s journey in minute detail as far as evolution. However, some look to the nodal axis for past life/soul stuff help and there is Evolutionary Astrology which has been helpful to me in many cases.

On the other hand as well, if she is not asking the questions….”why am I here?, do my actions have repercussions?, do I live again?” etc., then she perhaps only lives in the moment and feels no responsibility toward others.

I hope this helps in some way. Blessings…SP

Me
Me
April 8, 2010 3:32 pm
Reply to  Sweetpea

prowlncat
prowlncat
April 8, 2010 9:19 am
Reply to  Me

well Pisces in its ultra-ultra-ultra-low expression is known for being a grifter, a con-artist and generally a low down dirty piece of conscienceless scum. Remember there are two fishes in the Piscean symbol … one swimming upstream heading towards enlightenment and the other heads down stream towards nefarious behaviour and/or insanity. I have to say I’ve never met a Fish person who’s gone anywhere near those lowest of lows. They’re pretty much all gorgeous and the worst I can say about them is they tend towards being flaky and vague when trying to avoid something. In terms of your mum… Read more »

Me
Me
April 8, 2010 3:36 pm
Reply to  prowlncat

thank you, too, never thought of that…

Ãœber Virgo
Ãœber Virgo
April 8, 2010 4:31 pm
Reply to  Me

On this site, look in the categories drop down box to the upper left for ‘Hi Lo Astro’. Mystic defines the higher and lower manifestations of the signs there. I’d also recommend Robert Wilkinson’s site http://www.aquariuspapers.com/ I know he’s written about destiny and free will. As in your chart doesn’t determine your destiny. It’s more to do with the choices you make and how making the right choices can bring out the best in your chart. In other words, the stars haven’t ignored her. She’s gone against her stars, with widespread suffering as a consequence. It’s extremely difficult to be… Read more »

Ãœber Virgo
Ãœber Virgo
April 8, 2010 9:39 pm

I was thinking perhaps Pisces is the sign most prone to boundary issues as well, as trangressor or transgressee. A lower manifestation of Neptune.

Sweetpea
Sweetpea
April 8, 2010 8:19 am

Wish I had more time to check out the links Mystic as you talkin’ about the Firey Ones.. ~ BUT~ and off topic a bit and I apologize, new room-mate is a Pisces with Moon in Aqua….. I love her! She is very kind and giving… And her Mom a Scorp. OMG, hilarious at times. Imagine an 84 yr old Scorp telling you her daughter (although Pisces daughter very devoted), that ” I know she doesn’t give a damn” 😆 I tell Scorpy her daughter loves her very much… And imagine Pisces Aqua Moon singing to her Snausher (how do… Read more »

postmodscorp
postmodscorp
April 8, 2010 10:31 am
Reply to  Sweetpea

Glad your going well SweetPea – we’ve missed you!

BlackStarAries