Dark Sun Leos

old school movie stars black and white coupleThis is a Dark Sun Leo so sick with envy he wants to throttle the pretty creature in front of him.

So I am calling them Dark Sun Leos but there is probably a better name for these creatures.

My theory is that Leos when darkened make for the worst ‘lower’ form of any of the Zodiac signs.

Usually I love Leos. I love how they are determined to imbue almost any occasion with a sense of light and style. I love their love of the arts, gourmet food, blinging up and that ribald sense of humour. I don’t even mind their ego and the lengthy regaling of one with anecdotes about them and their big-name friends, as Leo orders yet another bottle of champagne.

But Dark Sun Leos are vile. They’ve got all the Leonic hubris but no desire to shine, act up or perform. So all the light is turned inward or something – like what happens with black holes – and they’re snarky, resentful of other peeps success or attention/recognition and just hideously revolting.

I met one the other day and she was judgmental cant in motion. As opposed to poetry. Pompous moralizing, attention seeking psychosomatic illnesses, loud disavowal of all forms of human vanity and disdain for flippancy. Yet still managed to suck all the light and attention in the room toward her/her neurosis. Whereas normal Leos – Neo-Leos – give off a divine, shimmery golden aura.

Image: Tyrone Power & Loretta Young

, ,

Mer-Goat
Mer-Goat
April 11, 2011 1:31 pm

OMG. I am under attack as we speak. For over a year now, my partners ex (a Leo) has been constantly harrassing and scheming and wallowing in the deepest chasms of self-pity imaginable … and it is always someone else’s fault. She goes on mega-benders of the darkest kind, fuelling her rage and spitting venom at anyone who comes within range, as well as never-ending vitriolic messages on her ex’s phone. Strategies for self-preservation … anyone got any?? (Apart from her ex and I running away to another planet) Do they snap back to haute Leo when someone new comes… Read more »

StarInspired
StarInspired
April 7, 2011 9:06 am

More than a tad late (as usual) but had to weigh in on ‘Dark Sun Leo’. Btw: Agreed!!… re: Mysty shedding equal light on each sign’s ‘Jekyll & Hyde’. …Speaking of ‘Jekyll & Hyde’ this post was particularly relevant for me, in light of recent & not so recent Leo encounters… as i’m currently trying a new Leo, on for size. Do love the Leo peeps, for the most part!!… Current one is a Gorgeous Spanish fireman: Sun, Mercury, Mars in Leo in 12th… Kataka Venus… Virgo rising… Moon conj Uranus in Libby… blah, blah. He’s warm, generous, sensitive, spiritual…… Read more »

Pegasus
Pegasus
March 20, 2010 2:21 pm

Have been on receiving end of bestie when she was doing Dark Sun. At social events, wining & dining when at her worst, watched peeps walk way around her aura & even someone comment ‘whooa, all that negativity’ & how did i handle it? Yet her generosity was wondrous. Happiest with a restaurant table overflowing with food & wines whilst she with her chalice pontificated. Had never seen that darkside of her after 20 years friendship & it split us for a number of years. She had inherited money, a lot a lot & took me to French Polynesia to… Read more »

Taurean Love Expert
Taurean Love Expert
March 22, 2010 11:17 am
Reply to  Pegasus

Oh Peg, I love the sound of this: “often my mantra is ‘do what’s easiest, it’s often the best’ :-)”

Dunno whether it’s my Protestant ancestry, or my Saturn in aries on the 10th, but I have a horrible tendency to do things the hard way, and drive myself into depression as a result. Post 40 am trying to spot myself BEFORE the dreaded impulse takes hold.

twin gemini
twin gemini
March 20, 2010 9:38 am

OMG I am so going to try ignoring the black moods.
Like training a toddler. Great advice.

deliteful27
deliteful27
March 20, 2010 8:34 am

do you think leo rising could have this dark side too?

shell
shell
March 20, 2010 9:30 am
Reply to  deliteful27

I have a leo mate who is in this mode at present, its kinda sad, and really boring (been going for about a yr now), but yes Deliteful, he serves as a very useful reminder to me the way I may come across when I am nervous/unhappy etc (leo rising)

Pisceannn
Pisceannn
March 20, 2010 1:22 am

I’m like this.. Leo moon. It’s very very hard to get out of one of those moods though- you can be totally aware of how vile you are being and know exactly how self-indulgent it is blah blah blah but try as you might WE get sucked in too! First its self-indulgent then it gets out of our control. But maybe thats coz my moon is conjunct south node and orcus. Also I realise how vile I’m being and stay away from people. IT only ends up hurting me anyway and always waiting at the other end of a mass… Read more »

scorpiontailedtongue
scorpiontailedtongue
March 20, 2010 1:16 am

This describes my Cowardly Leo Stalker.
Too funny- nice to have a good laugh at it.

March 20, 2010 12:04 am

Black Hole Virgo: off it’s face on drugs, alcohol or (their favourite), prescription medication. Enjoys reading Dovstoesky or anything that involves martydom. Have irritating habit of resurrecting themselves and becoming fabulous, whilst family of origin sit back stunned. Perhaps it’s their vitamin regime?. Elvis Costello. Stephen King.

Leogroover
Leogroover
March 20, 2010 9:15 am
Reply to  prowlncat

keep going gf PC you are on fire! I have a Kataka bestie who sounds a lot like you in heaven when feeding friends she is gorg but have known low rent Kataka who was vile.

Woman w multiple Hoofs
Woman w multiple Hoofs
March 20, 2010 9:26 am
Reply to  prowlncat

SHHHIIIITTT prowlncat
hit the bloody nail on the head haven’t you?!
so many examples of this in my collection
but never seen it like so before
thanks

Ãœber Virgo
Ãœber Virgo
March 21, 2010 12:42 pm
Reply to  prowlncat

Nick Cave, Mickey Rourke, Leonard Cohen.

Great work, prowln.

Ãœber Virgo
Ãœber Virgo
March 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Reply to  prowlncat

Oh shit, Charlie freaking Sheen.

March 22, 2010 5:35 pm
Reply to  Ãœber Virgo

yuh you’re a strange lot you Virgos. Such an obvious duality and dichotomy apparent in some. And I love all those guys Nick, Mickey, Leonard .. even Charlie

Kiki
Kiki
March 19, 2010 10:51 pm

Holy shit! I just spent tonight out with one of these!! Mystic you got it in one. Hoping it’s situational (messy divorce etc etc) because if I have to stand much more of it, she’s gonna need to lose my number.

March 19, 2010 10:08 pm

Ummm Ok you asked for it Scorpy … but it may take time. I’m in a good mood…….

Black Hole Libra: so shallow that they can’t see the puddle for their Manalo Blaaaaaaaniks … ok that was probably *yesterdays* designer. Everyone else is saving their asses off, whilst BHL is kissing ass for tomorrow’s freebies. That’s when they’re not plotting to steal something from you. Actually stealing from you to pay for their vices. Sycophantic, fake and a total user. Margaret Thatcher.

March 19, 2010 10:39 pm
Reply to  prowlncat

😆 😆 Excellent work. That describes evil art director bitch from hell to a T. I’m going save your pithy black hole astro descriptions.

Good to hear you’re in a good mood. Yay!! 🙂

March 19, 2010 8:25 pm

This is just stupid. Every sign has its blacker than black side that goes way beyond haute and low: Black Hole Aries: obliviously stupid to anything beyond their own ambition and earthly matters. Prone to writing books denouncing spirituality using scientific extrapolations only an Aries would bother to understand … coz hey the world revolves around their brainiac ideas right? Richard Dawkins Black Hole Taurus: stubborn, dogmatic and revoltingly unchangeable to the point where they are quite happy to commit mass murder in order to prove a point. Coz hey they are always right? uh huh. Hitler. Machevelli. Black Hole… Read more »

March 19, 2010 9:02 pm
Reply to  prowlncat

all brilliant prowin!! Can you do one for Libra, Scorpio and Virgo 🙂

leogroover
leogroover
March 19, 2010 9:13 pm
Reply to  prowlncat

totally agree with you pc. Kataka, having experienced the type lately, I think are the worst of the lower signs. At least a leo has a Sun to look forward to and they are easy to ignore which is the best thing to do with any pouting leo. The Kataka is so moonie.

March 19, 2010 9:52 pm
Reply to  leogroover

naaaaaaa … Crab peeps at their best are fabulous, individual, defy all bollocks and still manage to stay calm, whilst feeding all they love with home baked goodies and an ear that they don’t charge $120 bucks an hour for!

We’re all crap at our worst .. but hey. Is not that part of being human? Love love love … ok I admit I just cooked dinner for 4 and nobody spoke because they were too busy stuffing their faces. I felt happy.

Pegasus
Pegasus
March 20, 2010 2:24 pm
Reply to  prowlncat

Prowin’…………give you a tiara & wand & you would rule the world!

March 22, 2010 5:31 pm
Reply to  Pegasus

god help us all!!! :mrgreen:

I’d have fun tho’ 😉

Lioness
Lioness
March 20, 2010 4:34 am
Reply to  prowlncat

I totally agree with you prowlncat. Mystic has always had a problem with Leos…I think it’s an ex she never got over.

Pegasus
Pegasus
March 20, 2010 2:26 pm
Reply to  Lioness

I don’t think so.
Maybe a problem with telecommunication companies, corporations,
vivisection & save the seals.
& washing repair men 🙂

unpredictable pisces
unpredictable pisces
March 20, 2010 5:03 pm
Reply to  Lioness

I disagree, most of mystic;s chat about leos is admiring and positive imho. this particular leo sounds like an example of low leo (like a post about any other low sign i spose) – i guess it’s easier to notice the noisy ones, whatever sign…

Ãœber Virgo
Ãœber Virgo
March 21, 2010 12:40 pm
Reply to  Lioness

Every time Mystic looks at the dark side of any of the signs, someone gets upset and insists she has a problem. The rest of us appreciate how she explores hi lo astro for ALL the signs–with humour and without pulling punches. Astro for the real world.

March 22, 2010 5:33 pm
Reply to  Lioness

you reckon? I’ve been around this blog for nearly two years now and not known Mystic to have any particular sign preferences. *shrugs*

The dark sun Leo idea was valid, in so far that all signs have their extremely low and hideous sides … well from what I’ve observed.

little fish
little fish
March 19, 2010 6:54 pm

Mystic, it is amazing how you have posted this when an appalling black Leo has weaselled her way back into my life. Always the looks but no substance when young, and vain as arteries. Now, with the figure and looks (ciggies, diet pills, drink and drugs) gone and the mind fried, she is an angry, sad, envious, nasty, manipulative distributer of guilt and victimised “me” stuff. It horrifies me. Solution: Don’t ever reward bad behaviour.

Mo Davies
Mo Davies
March 19, 2010 5:43 pm

My husband’s a Leo and he used to go into really black moods if the sun didn’t shine on him. He got back from a holiday in the UK and went into the depths and I wanted to rip his head off and cut his heart out. A friend told me to give him and me some Waratah bush flower essence and it worked a treat. I spoke to his mum once when I was upset about the black moods and the best advice ever was: “In one of his moods again, is he? Ignore it, dear, and let him… Read more »

March 19, 2010 7:43 pm
Reply to  Mo Davies

hehe. Brilliant advice.

Ms.
Ms.
March 19, 2010 10:09 pm
Reply to  Mo Davies

exactly, i used to ignore the ex and give no energy from drama antics. not rude just no attention

Aeris
Aeris
March 19, 2010 4:25 pm

Sadly, I have an aunt like this. She can be SO fun and generous, but most of the time she is a black hole of swirling negativity. Drama queen, critical, picks on everything and everyone…has driven all of her family away.

Leo bf, on the other hand, is my sunshine. Lights up the room wherever he is, makes people happy, divine, shimmery aura. And for those following my Mars retro freak-out, we are now solid again. 🙂 The job, on the other hand, is still FUBAR.

March 19, 2010 4:43 pm
Reply to  Aeris

fuqed up beyond any repair ?

fallen angel
fallen angel
March 19, 2010 7:24 pm

Note to self, use that as a brand. Fubar.

Actually Fubar is a pretty raunchy gay club here in Weho. Hmm.

Emily
Emily
March 19, 2010 4:25 pm

Wow, this is shedding some light on a new Leo in my life…though he’s more of a repressed Leo, doesn’t quite own his power yet. He’s still young so we’ll see which way it goes. But it does bug me that he’s always on about shit he hates, and it seems to be all about him. He really wanted me to be his girlfriend, and i balked b/c it was really early, and I got the feeling he just wanted SOMEONE to fill the position, that it wasn’t about me really and that turned me right off (I’m Aquarius). Then… Read more »

Sweetpea
Sweetpea
March 19, 2010 4:11 pm

I’m going to be really nice and keep my mouth shut as Aries hi-low is probably coming up soon… 😕 Will say though that double (sun/mn) Leo Mom has come a very long way from who she used to be (similar to the traits MM points out)… Ex Leo Moon Mars was “my sunshine”…. And Leo rising Sis absolutely so gorge that people would literaly STARE at her as she simply had this sparkle that is not of this world….One time she asked a spiritual teacher why people stared at her so much. He told her it’s because she reminded… Read more »

whatever
whatever
March 19, 2010 3:40 pm

I love leos – until recently I thought my 2 best and oldest friends were leos, but then one of them said something about their birthday and I said that can’t be your birthday, that makes you a virgo and she said, Oh I am a virgo, darling, one of the first things you ever said to me was that I seemed more leonic, so you decided I was a leo and I never bothered to correct you. HAHAHAHA and that is why I love my best friend the leonic virgo. If there’s no point fuqing with things and there’s… Read more »

Louise
Louise
March 19, 2010 3:20 pm

Well done Mystic, thank you for validating my experiences with Leo mother – in – law, erggghhh!!

Taurean Love Expert
Taurean Love Expert
March 19, 2010 3:14 pm

My darling Leo has Sun in the 6th, & a swag of planets in Virgo(including La Luna), plus a Mars in Aqua that sometimes manifests in an appallingly surly fashion. He is not so much a Black Sun Leo, though, as a Stealth Leo. All the Leo characteristics are there, but you must be sensitive to pick up on them. I try and fan his Neo-Leo flame as often as possible 🙂

starstrokes
starstrokes
March 19, 2010 4:34 pm

Stealth Leo- I LOVE that!

aquadouble
aquadouble
March 19, 2010 2:42 pm

ALL leos are like this – underneath.

March 19, 2010 3:05 pm
Reply to  aquadouble

!!!!!!!

March 19, 2010 4:29 pm
Reply to  FireTrine

hehehehehehe, didn’t you know ?

starstrokes
starstrokes
March 19, 2010 4:41 pm
Reply to  aquadouble

How about everyone is really like that underneath! Leos are just more likely to flaunt it…

March 20, 2010 8:28 am
Reply to  starstrokes

Probably true star. I like to think of the low of each type as a taste. Leo – Burnt, Virgo – Ashes, Cancer – Bitter, Scorpio – Poison, Gemini – Sting, Taurus – Vomit, Aquarius – chili hot, etc.

nat
nat
March 20, 2010 1:33 pm
Reply to  FireTrine

FireTrine, this is very interesting. You can’t stop there. Lo “tastes” for Capricorn, Aries, Pisces, Sagittarius and Libra please!

March 20, 2010 2:46 pm
Reply to  FireTrine

oooh, they’re FAB FireTrine!!! Keep going!

Are you a synaesthete?

Sweetpea
Sweetpea
March 20, 2010 2:54 pm
Reply to  FireTrine

Hey, Aries wants chili hot!! 😆

I can taste everything cept ashes, vomit, poison….how the heck does a sting taste?

“His kiss was like a sting”….oh, okay, got it now…

March 22, 2010 2:21 pm
Reply to  FireTrine

Oh I missed this.. Hi, yes Scorpalicious I do have mild synesthesia! It makes naming my kids a bit of a colour/sound/audio journey and also maths is a colourful mess. Do you too? Ok nat, let me feel… Leo – Burnt black toast Virgo – Ashy taste Cancer – Bitter taste Scorpio – Poisonous sour Taurus – Vomit (or reflux) Gemini – stinging (like a bee-sting would taste y’know Sweetpea?) Aquarius – chilli hot (it just is!) Capricorn – old cigarette smoke Pisces – smelly damp socks Sagittarius – zinging, lump in the throat, metallic taste Libra – stale alcohol… Read more »

March 22, 2010 2:51 pm
Reply to  FireTrine

no, don’t have synesthesia. Have just read about it and find it fasciniating. I’m just hypersensitive to sound and colour. And if someone’s being clingy and not giving me enough space, I feel icky, like someone has just thrown a wet blanket of goo all over me. *shudder*

March 22, 2010 3:52 pm
Reply to  FireTrine

Hi Scorp, hypersensitivity to sound and colour is similar. If you are interested Barbara Brennan has book on healing ‘Hands of light’ and she depicts how negative people of various types use their energy on others. I’m reminded of what you said there about the wet blanket. Some people attack with word arrows for instance when disturbed, lots of examples, you might relate to. I can’t walk down the street in the cbd without feeling ill from all the icky vibes. Being sensitive is not all it’s cracked up to be!!

March 22, 2010 4:33 pm
Reply to  FireTrine

ooooooooh, that’s very interesting. I shall investigate that book. You’re right, being sensitive is not always what it’s cracked up to be!!

Where’s your neptune? Mine’s Conjunct my sun.

March 22, 2010 4:41 pm
Reply to  FireTrine

Haha! Mine’s conjunct my moon – in the 8th house of course!

March 22, 2010 4:48 pm
Reply to  FireTrine

And ‘Hands of Light’ is my bible! Totally recommend B A Brennan’s work, all sensitives I know immediately recognise her work as the ‘good stuff’.

March 22, 2010 4:57 pm
Reply to  FireTrine

well, 8th house makes sense!! mine’s in the 10th. Still don’t know what to do with my career!! Hehe.

Saying it’s your Bible is a big call! Will definitely check it out.

March 19, 2010 2:36 pm

Ive met some shocking leos. Was strangely attracted to them when younger but realised that it was all about them ! when it was obviously all about me! 🙂

Pegasus
Pegasus
March 20, 2010 2:42 pm

Yeah, David the beach is divine. High tide is only 20 meters from deck so feels like we are on a boat house. Low tide & it’s 400 meters to shore. Aqua- tourquoise water when sun out. It’s on St. Vincents Gulf, so water crystal clear. Tummy full of fresh crabs, king george whiting, calamari & wine from Clare Valley (up the road an hour). Heading back tomorrow for another 5 days. The floors are Tasmanian wood, divine bare foot walking, the rest is glass & other woods. Designed by sensual Taurus woman & eco architect. Always the joke about… Read more »

twin gemini
twin gemini
March 19, 2010 2:13 pm

OMG that is my mother exactly! Not a nice word to say about anyone.
I agree keep your distance so you don’t get sucked in is the best advice.

sagsunpiscasctaumoon
sagsunpiscasctaumoon
March 19, 2010 2:17 pm
Reply to  twin gemini

my mother too! when she is good she is very very good. when she is bad she is horrid! just started working in the family business after several years of living pretty far away and, omg, talk about confronting dynamics! the hissy fits mum throws, one would think the world is about to end when an excel spreadsheet doesnt print the way she wants it to! its like dealing with a 2 year old tantrum! flip side though, she is incredibly giving and generous, very motherly.

my mother-in-law is leo as well.

LemonfreshLeo
LemonfreshLeo
March 19, 2010 2:30 pm

Holy crap, so I’m not the only one who has a crazy Leo Mum. My therapist will be amused. How do you deal with it?

Sassy
Sassy
March 19, 2010 3:44 pm
Reply to  LemonfreshLeo

Yep, tantrums, dark holes and try it with a scorp moon. ( My mother )

Blessings to everyone who has leo mums… we are survivers! 😉

But yes very generous also.

unpredictable pisces
unpredictable pisces
March 19, 2010 1:58 pm

i am v wary of people like this having been on the receiving end of their bitcherel and nasty intent several times over the years. I never cared to think about their sun signs (apart from the sociopathic libran/scorpio frenemy). jealousy and … whatever.
F*ck Them All is all i have to say, they can wallow in their own sordid muck if it makes them happy . but i learnt to ignore their shite a long time ago – and like black holes, keeping one’s distance lest we get sucked in too!

eo
eo
March 19, 2010 8:34 pm

‘frenenemy’ was that THE word?XYZ Leo WAS exactly that~isn’t language wonderful? now suspect bipolar or similar (how come he could make Any occassion ‘special’ where i could work like crazy to get..not much ‘bang 4 th buck’ by compare…)i do love th expansive grandeur of Leo tho..funny how their hair always gives them away-and th face like th Lion in th Wizard of Oz…

unpredictable pisces
unpredictable pisces
March 19, 2010 9:08 pm

yow i was pretty harsh wans’t i – hit a nerve i guess..!

March 19, 2010 1:37 pm

“In my eyes, in disposed, In disguise: as no one knows Hides the face Lies The snake, the sun In my disgrace Boiling heat, Summer stench ‘Neath the black The sky looks dead Call my name Through the cream And I’ll hear you Scream again Black hole sun Won’t you come And wash away the rain” That song hit my brain when I saw this post. My ex who is multiple virgo underneath his Leo Sun was like this. Kind of a self imploding star. He could create a horrible mood by walking in the room. Happy to say he… Read more »