Which Sign Most Has The Shits With Mercury Retrograde?

Sheeps with telephones for heads - artI’m guessing that Arieans are having the MOST problems with this Mercury Retrograde – it’s in their solar 10th house (Daddy, Work, Public Image, Long-term career shite) and it’s occurring as their ruler Mars is also retro. Maddening.

For me, it’s in the 12th House so whilst undeniably weird, it has it’s uses. Are other Aquarius Risings or peeps who know Mercury is Retro in their 12th having: sudden interest in past lives, curiosity of how one’s spiritual beliefs have been shaped by various experiences & determination toward self-knowledge and mastery?

It’s not especially emotional, like that blasted Eclipse over the hols or a Mercury A.w.o.l in any of the Water signs. It’s more like being a sort of psychic detective. Similar for Geminis as Mercury goes bats in their 8th House & Cancerians/Kataka Rising really should not take a WORD some lover/Mr-Mrs Crab says seriously right now. He/she is bound to switch stance when Mercury goes Direct…

black sheep with telephone for head - artImage: Jean Luc Cornec – Telephone Sheep

, , ,

Jacqui
Jacqui
August 12, 2011 1:57 pm

Aries, Leo rising and Gem moon. Two computers broken last week to be joined by a printer and phone today along with a week of miscommunications over job interviews and constant reminders of someone I am trying to forget. Can this get any worse with the current planetary line up? Jupiter and Uranus have bought added confusion and frustration into my life already and now this. It would be good to know there is something to look forward to right now….

lucy
lucy
May 17, 2010 3:39 pm

I’ve got the same problem as you,

Nate
Nate
January 7, 2010 2:50 pm

I have Aqua rising and merc in the 12th. Am finding a resurgence of interest in spiritual practice and yoga lately. Have drawn a meditation schedule, and planned balanced, healthy vegetarian meals etc for when i go completely vego from my birthday next week…

So I guess that’s a yes from me Mystic lol

Baristagem
Baristagem
January 7, 2010 1:21 pm

Those sheep are AMAZING!!

I’ve noticed when Merc is in retro I can’t communicate effectively & I can’t think fast enough, I can’t do anything FAST….I am rendered completely useless as a Gemini during these times… USELESS!!

indigofish
indigofish
January 7, 2010 10:18 am

must say i’m finding it a bit crap. having untold dramas with tech and unfathomable trouble trying to get a new phone. it the mars retro that i really have the shits with. i have decided to take a vow of silence at work at just STFU to avoid tantrums. have had some trouble over past months with management shutting me down every time i open my mouth, saying that they don’t want to know details of my project, and then turn around to say that they aren’t happy cos they don’t know where i’m at. have laughed it off… Read more »

indigofish
indigofish
January 7, 2010 10:19 am
Reply to  indigofish

eep – can i blame the multiple typos in my post on the merc rx? blasted keyboard…

Leogroover
Leogroover
January 7, 2010 9:38 am

Can anyone tell me how I find where my Merc is at the mo?
Thx

FireTrine
FireTrine
January 7, 2010 10:36 am
Reply to  Leogroover

Yes I want to know too, where is my brain?

January 7, 2010 2:54 pm
Reply to  Leogroover

If you go to astro.com and get the natal chart it has a link in top right just above the circle which should say sho with transits if you click on that it’ll come up with the planet glyphs in the outside in green – those are the positions of transiting planets with respect to your natal chart.

FireTrine
FireTrine
January 7, 2010 8:50 pm
Reply to  whatever

Thanks so much whatever – you are a gem!

Leogroover
Leogroover
January 8, 2010 5:44 pm
Reply to  whatever

Thx heaps WE

spirit
spirit
January 7, 2010 2:14 am

I must be the only one here who does not love the depiction of the sheep…..I find it hideous and vulgar.

FireTrine
FireTrine
January 7, 2010 1:26 am

I have no idea how I, personally, actually, feel… Rising Ram and oodles of Cancer and yet the Eclipse just passed by like another day. I do feel irritable, but wouldn’t you if you were 38 weeks pregnant? I’ll answer that for you, yes you would! The most irritating thing of late has been that I seem to eject objects out of my reach. If I toss something in the bin, it will land a foot away so I have to pick it up. Is that Mercury retrograde at work? Anyway, I feel I am at sea, awash in the… Read more »

tati
tati
January 7, 2010 2:50 am
Reply to  FireTrine

it’s probably because you’d like to eject a certain little “object” asap & can’t wait to see him/her!!! hang in there (like you get a choice) xx

leonine librarian
leonine librarian
January 7, 2010 7:30 am
Reply to  FireTrine

Firetrine I’d imagine that at this point your body is now shaped in a way that is at best unfamilar to you…and your depth perception is out, sort of like when some meanie cuts a cat’s whiskers and they run into things…alternatively as your passenger is probably kicking the shite out of you through the night, or making the type of turns you see whales doing, you’re most likely already sleep deprived. Sleep deprivation does not improve aim. Hopefully you can get away with a lot, I mean really carrying a person around, and helping it into existence does not… Read more »

FireTrine
FireTrine
January 7, 2010 9:57 am

Thanks tati and LL – apparently I have too much ‘relaxin’ in my system so I am like a whisker deprived cat/marionette/whale whose bones are somewhat dissembled!!! I am not a graceful girl at the best of times, but hell…
Bones all shuffle together when I lie down and grind when I move. I slept about 4 hours last night. Last baby was a 10 pounder and I don’t think this baby will be much smaller… For the record LL – I always bare my teeth when I smile!!! lol.

saggigal
saggigal
January 6, 2010 10:53 pm

the merc retro is passing without a blip here…funny how a god awful lunar eclipse and frustrating mars retro can distract one from mercury…?

shouldnt speak too soon tho…. xx

The Empress
The Empress
January 7, 2010 12:19 am
Reply to  saggigal

I thought the same thing. Then the NY hit and it’s been Merc style delays ever since (I spoke too soon :O). These delays though have been a blessing in disguise. Have had more of the same ultra psychic happenings and insights. This Gemini Sun/Moon is enjoying the flow. Only thing that has REALLY pissed me off: bloody wireless internet is as slow as.

3rams
3rams
January 6, 2010 8:42 pm

Yes, it’s shitting this aries.

The sheep are great, I’d like one for my front garden.

ladycrab
ladycrab
January 6, 2010 8:36 pm

LOVE the sheep!

balancingformountaingoats
balancingformountaingoats
January 6, 2010 8:20 pm

IHATEITIHATEITIHATEIT

soooo much ill communication!
soooo many mixed messages and signals

and on a positive note…
sooo much insight into my fundamental motivations

I am an aries and I always feel a fuq load with retrogrades, also my sun in 12th house.

ps- anyone who is an aries google Dall Sheep, they are a wild american mountain sheep – gorgeous and made me feel so much better about theh sheep iconography

scorpalicious robot
scorpalicious robot
January 6, 2010 10:43 pm

those Dall sheep are magnificent!!

balancingformountaingoats
balancingformountaingoats
January 6, 2010 11:15 pm

aren’t they though!
so gorgeous

leonine librarian
leonine librarian
January 6, 2010 8:01 pm

Yesterday and today my body decided to have a hissy fit about the essay I’m writing, so threw sinus and back pain into the mix. So as I’m having to email peeps that need to know today, so I can have a tiny extension, I was very concious of merc retro. At one stage I didn’t seem to be able to reach anyone that could assist and then boom this flow of info…including that I actually topped my class for the negligence case law thingo.

January 6, 2010 8:39 pm

CONGRATULATIONS LL – GOOD ON YOU – sometimes I think waiting to study is a good thing – did you study before this or is this the first degree? I hope your sinus gets better soon – warm salty water snorted up nostrils is excruciating but it fast tracks the evacuation if you’re looking for a non pharma cure. I really feel for you right now – wish I could do something to help.

leonine librarian
leonine librarian
January 6, 2010 8:48 pm
Reply to  whatever

Yeah whatever this is my first degree, and it’s taken a long time to get to a place where I could start…the completing portion has been very very Taurus rising. I’ve gained lots, integrated many lessons into my thinking and it’s taken forever. I’d like to think that any further study will be smoother now.

Thanks for the reminder re:sinus I have found that works well. Harsh but works. The only massage I could get booked into is on Friday…so I can hope that I’ve finished the essay completely by then…and can get all tension massaged away.

January 6, 2010 8:57 pm

brauer sports ice gel is amazing for back pain as well – there’s a tube in every room of our house has arnica and chamomile in the homeopathic form & you can get it from most chemists now. Best of luck LL.

Plum
Plum
January 6, 2010 7:46 pm

This Virgo is having a tough time and so is the recent Cap love interest judging by the extreme mixed-ness of messages making their eventual way to me. Anyway the whole of the UK is in chaos today thanks to heavy snow. Did someone say it was too hot in Perth? Wanna swap?

Plum
Plum
January 6, 2010 7:51 pm
Reply to  Plum

Sorry ‘someone’ was darkhorse80 – how rude of me!

darkhorse80
darkhorse80
January 7, 2010 12:58 pm
Reply to  Plum

Plum, I would so love to swap with you. I couldn’t think of anything better than being in England when it’s snowing!

aishah
aishah
January 6, 2010 7:28 pm

Love the sheep….love my Ram man…

January 6, 2010 5:39 pm

funny I just had a kind of merc retro memory. When email was new (yeah, remember?) and still a novelty my friend who lived in another country and I would send each other lists of words and then the other would reply by adding a word after each word – we would end up with hilarious dada-esque poems some of them were kind of ominous because they ended up becoming foreshadowing or prophecy but most of them were lovely minglings of words.

lib rising ramzilla
lib rising ramzilla
January 6, 2010 5:29 pm

This aries is defo struggling. Motivation is a total mystery, can’t bring myself to do anything productive. Happy New Year my arse.

Bring on Mars & Merc forwards pls!

akatom
akatom
January 6, 2010 4:23 pm

MM, EXACTLY!

I’m Aries, Aqu rising, Pisces moon…I always notice patterns and details that connect to the greater whole but lately it’s all illuminated! – brilliant insights re interior me, but stifling vernacular triflings relating to males not coming through or being bullish, obstructive….the tide will turn in good time.

matthew-minerva
matthew-minerva
January 6, 2010 4:06 pm

LOL SAGGO’S GET THE MOST INFURIATED WITH MERC RETROS!
it stuffs up our WHOLE traveling system! ive got it going on in my 11th house!
GOING TO QUEENSLAND TONITE! – so i probs wont be on all nxt week! enjoy the summer people! Live it, Love it, Be it!

Michelle
Michelle
January 6, 2010 3:59 pm

I have Virgo rising with the Sun, Mercury, Venus, Chiron, Pallas, Lilith, Amor, and Diana in Aries: mondo frustration.

darkhorse80
darkhorse80
January 6, 2010 3:55 pm

I don’t have the shits with Mercury Retrograde but I do with this relentless hot weather we’ve been having in Perth! God, I wish it was winter!!

Aeris
Aeris
January 6, 2010 3:50 pm

Oh my…Gem with Aqua rising, does this mean I’ll be ultra-psychic detective! Hope so! Feel like I”m just starting to sort out shit stirred up by eclipse drama.

william
william
January 6, 2010 3:29 pm
January 6, 2010 4:41 pm
Reply to  william

cryptic – christ offer walk in 11 11 11

Ms.
Ms.
January 6, 2010 2:57 pm

Mystic I love the sheep!!! are these your surrealist symbolic 12house merc retro sheep?

so clever the way the artist has angled the telephones to marry the body and give personality to the sheep.

as a person born with mercury retro I always wonder, do I become more functional when its merc retro time or way less.?

I love the prep plan research side of this energy. Does anyone know if Syd transit transport body whatever its called was made IN merc retro? Takes forever to get somewhere here….

Lexicorn
Lexicorn
January 6, 2010 2:24 pm

Well, I’ll put in a vote for Caps. But maybe its just me.
This week Mercury is retro-stepping right over my Sun-Merc conjunction in the 5th. Right when I’m in the middle of the most ‘creative’ part of my day job, and my biggest task of the year. Literally ‘birthing’ a concept and event.
Not working in my favour in the least, and the dude’s my freakin Chart Ruler, so you’d think he’d be kinder to me!! I’ve canceled my birthday party and I’m blaming el-retro-merco.

Ms.
Ms.
January 6, 2010 4:44 pm
Reply to  Lexicorn

you cancelled your birthday party?

at least have a drink to celebrate yourself x

gildedcage
gildedcage
January 6, 2010 5:10 pm
Reply to  Lexicorn

Don’t do it Lexicorn!
Last time my birthday fell during merc retro, looked like it was gonna be really crap, hardly anyone turning up etc. But ended up being a very spontaneous and had a great time!

Just roll with the merc retro punches, it could be fun 🙂

I think often a good merc retro rule in general is – Don’t make plans, because then you will have something to be disappointed about when they crumble 🙂

Lexicorn
Lexicorn
January 6, 2010 5:50 pm
Reply to  Lexicorn

Hey MS and Gildey, thank you both for your concern!! Yes, I have canceled the birthday ‘party’ but not the birthday. Was going to do something a little extravagant and it all got too hard and was looking like several dozen colleagues, acquaintances and other lord-knows-whos, and just became complex and unappealing. So I’m doing simple drinks in my fave local pub with just the nearest and dearest, and actually, couldn’t be happier with that.
Have a drink for me, too!!

leonine librarian
leonine librarian
January 7, 2010 7:40 am
Reply to  Lexicorn

HAPPY B’DAY Lexicorn, I hope your day is everything you desire, sans merc retro drama, just filled with well, whatever makes, you smile.

Maybe a whole swag of nearest and dearest that go, ‘Dayum Lexicorn you are to be celebrated just as you are and thank fuq you were born on this day, here have another drink on me…’

Lexicorn
Lexicorn
January 7, 2010 12:38 pm

Thank you lovely LL! Oh the Mercury Retro drama seems to have lifted. Finally, this morning, the big work block evaporated and some fabbo opportunities I’ve been fighting for came through. Had to actually tell the never-met-or-spoken-to-before colleague that they had made my birthday wish come true…
Now screw work – let’s get to the long boozy lunch!! x

January 6, 2010 2:09 pm

god it does! that thing is genius I don’t smoke but I want to try it – are you considering buying one? If you do can you share your experience of it?

tati
tati
January 7, 2010 2:47 am
Reply to  whatever

I’m trying to give up, mainly encouraged by my friends who are all quitting – being a scorp I don’t like being told what to do, need to decide for myself – but had one just now and it tasted bloody awful. Gah.

venus a-go-go
venus a-go-go
January 7, 2010 12:36 pm
Reply to  tati

I wish you luck! I am still trying to give up. down to 2 a day…

January 7, 2010 1:17 pm
Reply to  tati

Youre a smart woman Tati and you are capable of making choices without being told when and how you should make them but have you ever thought of it this way – who would you rather have telling you what to do – your friends or your addiction?

There’s no judgement in those words by the way – I completely understand where you’re at with it.

venus a-go-go
venus a-go-go
January 7, 2010 12:36 pm
Reply to  whatever

My friend Has one… she got given it for xmas. Waxs Lyrical about it. Mostly she is amazed that when she drags on it… the end lights up.
And that she can smoke inside. She lives on the isle of man and is currently snowed into her house…
… I see how that last one could be handy:)

January 7, 2010 12:53 pm
Reply to  venus a-go-go

See I think if it’s not harming others and you DO want to smoke then something that reduces the harm to all is pure genius. The smell is one of the worst immediate side effects of all drugs I think. It’d be interesting to see how health authorities reacted if they became common and all smokers used them – if it’s not harming your health why should you stop? Good luck with the giving up of – the cigarette is like one of the craziest romances you could ever have – haven’t done it for more than a decade and… Read more »

shell
shell
January 6, 2010 1:58 pm

those sheep are fantastic!

virgo cat
virgo cat
January 6, 2010 2:10 pm
Reply to  shell

I agree! SO AWESOME!!!!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!!

January 6, 2010 1:49 pm

it’s the least harmful way to ingest the nicotine – and is probably a spinoff from the vaporisers the people who are on medical pot use – there’s no tar. It’s clean, efficient and allows you to get your fix minus the negative side effects. It would reduce the harm of passive smoking as well I suspect – it’s very merc retro – reworking something that’s used for something else. The ritual of smoking is kind of herd oriented don’t you think? In its original incarnation the peace pipe was handed round and shared. It’s heads of industry who turned… Read more »

ScorpintheSky
ScorpintheSky
January 6, 2010 1:40 pm

I’m aqua rising and the power of the mind is coming up for me big time. I have been doing affirmations etc for about three years and it is all seeming to crystalize for me at the moment. Like yes! I can think it therefore it WILL be! That fits with Merc in 12th right, but what is the retro part playing? Self-mastery is also been becoming interesting to me for the first time in yonks as well. Not so much the diet thing but. Jupiter is also there and I am going through the “too fit to fit through… Read more »

tati
tati
January 7, 2010 2:46 am
Reply to  ScorpintheSky

I’d say right now any interview is better than none … good luck !!!!

ScorpintheSky
ScorpintheSky
January 7, 2010 11:07 am
Reply to  tati

thanks tati. you’re right!

January 6, 2010 1:38 pm

Gem asc and it’s retro in my 8th house – it was most helpful when moon was in virgo and I was checking my writing for errors – I discovered I’d plagiarised – myself! who knew that was possible? It’s absurd. But I’ve noticed it has made the archaeological digs into the psyche easier too esp when moon was in cancer. It was a sluggish vibe in the between Xmas NY period. I’ve been able to communicate better about shared $ – ie no that’s mine don’t touch it I have a plan.

gildedcage
gildedcage
January 6, 2010 1:35 pm

I WANT ONE!
No, make that several, a herd of telephone sheep residing in a corner of my living room, fuq yeah!

Love it.

watery libran
watery libran
January 6, 2010 3:36 pm
Reply to  gildedcage

Me too! A perfect pet for those of us who live in apartments

gildedcage
gildedcage
January 6, 2010 4:24 pm
Reply to  watery libran

Yep, and if you could plug one in and USE it as you landline, you’d save on space too. Two birds with one stone! 🙂