The Libra Test

beautiful bathroom JapanAre you truly a Libran?

You should be able to tell by the calibre of your response to this image.

A true Libra is spiritually moved and deeply inspired by such images, revowing his/her intention to more mindfully make over their bathroom into a shrine-like sanctuary.

Virgo likes anything to do with cleanliness, yes, but would immediately be turned off or even disturbed by the towels left so casually flung over the bath – surely the bottoms of them are actually IN the water, apparent lack of a shower and possibility of pollen or dirt emitting from the tree feature.

Image: Laufen

Henry
Henry
February 3, 2012 2:40 pm

I might be a True libran too
all these things in the picture are balanced all in with nature nothing bad
thats the good part 😀

Rashid
Rashid
September 13, 2011 5:36 pm

NO NO NO. I need a rectangle or square giant turkish or roman style bath that has a nice TV and a nice old mirror. where the hell is the towel rail? need an authentic walk in monsoon power shower with either glass door or cave style shower…I like the tree as long as there are no bugs. The tree is taking up the curved area which is way too small..pfffft..What Libra Sun Mars in Leo could feel special without such comforts?

Lil libran
Lil libran
January 30, 2011 12:01 am

Out of balance and too masculine for this lil libran!

Ariel
Ariel
January 29, 2010 10:55 am

!!!!
My mum is sooo Libran & the first room she got redone in our house was the bathroom. It’s all relaxing & beige & glass-shower & spiritual, just like the pic.
I have NOTHING in Libra & think it looks like lovely scenery for a power seduction…

gem
gem
January 29, 2010 9:41 am

Shower MUST be on the other side of the wall. As are more power points mirrors and a nice bench to put stuff on.

gem
gem
January 29, 2010 9:39 am

I just noticed the lack of art. I know its a bathroom and designed to be a piece of art, but what about a beautiful painting or a photograph on the wall? Then I could bear to have a bath. I am a aesthetic Taurus after all.

joy
joy
January 29, 2010 9:22 am

this feels weirdly sterile and claustrophobic to me….the angles are all wonky.

Lexicorn
Lexicorn
January 27, 2010 10:44 pm

Autumn leaves are one of my favourite things. I have them hanging in dark wood frames on my walls. Hence, immediately the jaw dropped. But this bathroom would not do for me and my 4 planets in Virgo first house at all – it’s not FUNCTIONAL. Where does the coffee cup / wine glass / ash tray sit beside the bath?? Where does one put down the book they’re reading in order to save it from getting wet while you dip?? Where’s the freakin shower when my Capricorn Sun needs to be at a meeting in 10 minutes after conducting… Read more »

Lexicorn
Lexicorn
January 27, 2010 11:06 pm
Reply to  Lexicorn

… just thinking, perhaps the autumn leaf fetish does stem (pardon pun) from my one Libra quality – PLUTO – also in the first house… oh yes boys… I have a VERY BIG first house… 😉

leonine librarian
leonine librarian
January 28, 2010 7:11 am
Reply to  Lexicorn

Lexicorn I think it needs wall niches. For my money different walls…all this polished concrete is so gulag to me. I’d love a room big enough that I could have a shower without glass. I hate cleaning glass. It’s mainly a time thing, it takes ages to get it right…so I’d rather do without. There needs to be preferably wall niches for hair products. I bump myself on shelving when in a hurry. Actually the more I look at this pic, where are the bloody powerpoints for the hair straightner, and the hairdryer ? Yes there should also be some… Read more »

Lexicorn
Lexicorn
January 28, 2010 3:52 pm

so true, eyebrow plucking would be total nightmare.

leonine librarian
leonine librarian
January 28, 2010 7:14 am
Reply to  Lexicorn

Lexi, I’m sooo glad I didn’t have a mouthful of coffee when reading about the big house. Well done Sir, well done.

Pegasus
Pegasus
January 27, 2010 10:27 pm

Libran Moon:
Ok for an hotel room stay but not a personal choice if designed one for myself.
Preference is for bathrooms with view, a big big view, or able to look at sky,
but you didn’t ask me.
Quite suitable for warehouse living divisions but looks rather industrial.

Spirit
Spirit
January 27, 2010 4:51 pm

This is Gorgeous !

Sweetpea
Sweetpea
January 27, 2010 4:33 pm

Libra NN with Pallas Athena and Juno conjunct opp Sun…

Do hope that is a bathmat draped over the side as Venie in Tau-Tau would not like wet feet on cold floor. Some lushy slippers standing by afterwards would be heaven sent and a must.

Do love the nature thing totally but would love a hand held sprayer in the tub and jet bubbles. And, a bird in the tree to sing to me.

Is that too much to ask?

year of the fox
year of the fox
January 27, 2010 4:10 pm

I’m loving it. However i don’t love the fact the tree is brown looking? I would want a green tree in there.

Spirit
Spirit
January 27, 2010 5:06 pm

could possibly be a Japanese Maple…some of them have naturally bronze leaves most of the year.

year of the fox
year of the fox
January 27, 2010 5:18 pm
Reply to  Spirit

Well i can forgive that. =) but i am still partial to green trees for some reason… Brown trees just look sad. Time for autumn and all.

Ãœber Virgo
Ãœber Virgo
January 27, 2010 5:21 pm

Autumn would be a nightmare — raking leaves off the bathroom floor. Still, the tree is the most attractive thing among the insipid white, brown and grey. I wish modern decor would move on. Vive les couleurs!!

year of the fox
year of the fox
January 28, 2010 3:17 am
Reply to  Ãœber Virgo

LOL! Time to call in the shop vac! None of this raking business on that floor. ;p

JenGem
JenGem
January 27, 2010 3:47 pm

Who has time to take a bath anyway? Plus a waste of how many litres of water? – there’s a drought where i live. I think the no-shower in lieu of bath is pointless and that the tree will collect dust and suffocate in 9 out of 10 homes (virgo rising).

It looks like a Hyatt Coolum spa room so my first thought when i saw it was ‘i prob can’t afford it’.

jen
jen
January 27, 2010 12:41 pm

I’m also Libra Sun and Libra Rising and thought this bathroom was really peaceful and lovely. I didn’t notice the towel or the lack of shower until I read about it. I did notice the odd angles though.

Molly
Molly
January 27, 2010 12:20 pm

Libra Sun, Libra Rising and I LOVE this bathroom, so cool, so serene but enough angles to stop it being too clinical. As for the tree, it looks like a Japanese maple, beatuiful, beautiful, and I love its reflection in the mirror. The towel breathes humanity into the scene, it’s not too perfect. And as I toddle off to my bathroom with just a shower, I heave a deep sigh of envy.

taurean alchemist
taurean alchemist
January 27, 2010 12:04 pm

… my Libra moon is quite disturbed by the lack of symmetry in this room, which ruins the otherwise beautiful finish of the floors and lovely light.

vee jay
vee jay
January 27, 2010 11:36 am

I agree with Charles. Virgos are earth signs and unless unhappy shouldn’t be bothered about earthy stuff eminating from the tree and the towel thing is just a dumb thing to do (yes the ends probably are wet but whatever, it doesn’t offend the soul).
The angles are a definite problem…… but I have a Virgo sun and Libran moon, so is the balance problem Libran or Virgo?
I am surprised more Virgos don’t stand up for their earthy natures!

xox rockstar libran publicist xox
xox rockstar libran publicist xox
January 27, 2010 11:02 am

um I know the image is c/ of a high end bathware co – but not for me!!

the room’s simply out of wack & the angled bath puts me off as much as the dead-look tree….. am very early libra & perhaps the pic triggers a virgo response re towel & where is shower….?

Leonine
Leonine
January 27, 2010 10:46 am

First impression- Man I want to take a soothing bubble bath now.
Second impression- Why aren’t there more mirrors?!

And yes, gotta love that tree! Such a calming image.

Leo, Libra rising

Spirit
Spirit
January 27, 2010 4:55 pm
Reply to  Leonine

Ha!…Leos` and their mirrors !

Upbeat Scorp
Upbeat Scorp
January 27, 2010 7:24 pm
Reply to  Spirit

My first impression was that the mirror’s reflection is totally wrong! How could it possibly be reflecting the tree from there? Photoshop grrr. I have a leo moon so probably explains why I looked at the mirror before the tub. Have always hated baths… too much sitting around doing nothing. This room doesn’t calm me at all. I totally fail the libra test.

Erin B.
Erin B.
January 27, 2010 10:41 am

As as Libra, I think that is a gorgeous bathroom and would love to own it but my Mercury, Venus, and Mars in Virgo hates that the damn towel is left behind so sloppily in the tub and that the whole room seems to be crooked and very open. I like a little more privacy.

The beautiful tree ALMOST makes up for it, though. I love trees 🙂

K-Gem
K-Gem
January 27, 2010 10:18 am

My immediate reaction was – who left the towel behind and what are they doing now.

virgo rising
virgo rising
January 27, 2010 9:49 am

My 1st house moon in libra with late degree virgo rising had one instantaneous response to the bathroom photo: where is the bath mat or rug to keep those tootsies off the cold floor as well as to add a splash of color and warmth to an otherwise austere look…?

virgo cat
virgo cat
January 27, 2010 10:08 am
Reply to  virgo rising

!!!! indeed!

indigofish
indigofish
January 27, 2010 9:42 am

what is the ridiculous angle the bathtub is making to the wall? not only disconcerting to look at but when laying in the tub i don’t think i’d be able to relax one bit!

everything else is just lovely, but i agree that the towel would surely be in the water, and that there must be a shower hidden around the corner for use (the bath is for show) as i don’t know many virgos who enjoy being the stock in people soup.

leonine librarian
leonine librarian
January 27, 2010 9:59 am
Reply to  indigofish

yeah this is what first drew my eye too. The off angle of the bath placement. I really like the idea of a freestanding bath that doesn’t collect dust under it. I like the idea of a clawfoot bath, but am not inclined to clean under it daily…and without a high level of care the relax factor would nullify . Admiittedly minions could solve this, but are out of reach of my fiscal reality. Also the walls (while probably great for privacy) feel like they are looming a little too much for my liking. The concrete bothers me a bit.… Read more »

Charles
Charles
January 27, 2010 9:35 am

Virgo wouldn’t care about any of those things. There is something bigger to distract from that. The room is asymmetric and has a curved wall, that would immediately put the Virgo off balance, she would prefer straight lines and square corners.

Can you tell I lived with Virgo women for several years?

virgo cat
virgo cat
January 27, 2010 10:07 am
Reply to  Charles

I can’t decide if it is more Virgo or Libra to be frustrated by the one branch on the near side of the divide. Lopsided. Makes me anxious. I’d also like a nice rug/bathmat for the floor. Too cold. Otherwise we’re cool.

funickity
funickity
January 27, 2010 12:07 pm
Reply to  Charles

It’s not the asymetry as such but the bottleneck, there’s something claustro about it . I’d like to see an opening out toward the tree. Have libra in venus and two baths at home. One in a very open asymetrical bathroom but my ultimate is actually outside in the garden under the stars! Here the virgo is appeased by the fact one does not need to worry about…bathmats, grout mould, shampoo scuz on the floor, towels (hang from tree while bathing then take away),everything outside is kind of clean. IMO all tropical and sub tropical bathrooms should be outdoorsish ala… Read more »

Charles
Charles
January 27, 2010 3:34 pm
Reply to  funickity

Well, speaking as a Taurus and as such, a representative of the Legions of Earth, I regret to inform you that outside in the garden is not clean at all, in fact, it’s filthy. There is dirt everywhere.

Spirit
Spirit
January 27, 2010 4:54 pm
Reply to  Charles

Dirt everywhere……really ?

bluelibra
bluelibra
January 27, 2010 9:35 am

LOVE the bathroom – especially the tree – although would prefer to see the leaves spring green or the tree in blossom perhaps… Am with Odette.. old fashioned bathrooms with claw foot bathtubs are where I’d like to be – can I have the old fashioned and the tree?

Odette-in-Libra
Odette-in-Libra
January 27, 2010 9:12 am

Guess my three Virgo planets are more dominant than I thought – that hanging towel really bothers me. Also, the tree is the color of dried blood – ick. I don’t like the modern look – a really soothing bathroom should have an old-fashioned tub with feet, pre-war bathroom fixtures and big curvy hooks for towels, bathrobes, etc. If you’re going to go zen about it, though, at least have a green tree please. And softer corners on the cabinets. I do like all the natural light, the hugeness of the tub, and the hand carved look of the wood… Read more »

Odette-in-Libra
Odette-in-Libra
January 27, 2010 9:25 am

p.s. oh yeah, and good point about Virgos – where the heck is the shower?
(Is it also my moon in Aries that makes me panic at the idea of being forced to take slow baths whether I want to or not?)

Anonymous
Anonymous
September 3, 2010 8:44 am

I concur – I have Libra Sun with four Virgo planets and the towel thing bothered me too – It’s a bathroom that I would enjoy in a swish hotel B & B, but my bathroom would have cleaner lines and probably old fashioned fittings (Cancer rising)

Lark
Lark
January 27, 2010 9:03 am

The feng shui is a bit off but beautiful bathrooms like this can literally heal us Librans.

LibraButwithAriesontheRise
LibraButwithAriesontheRise
January 27, 2010 8:58 am

Hahaha! I have a fairly small monitor, so the picture loaded, but I couldn’t see the text, and my initial reaction was a deep, tranquil stillness in my chest, and I breathily muttered “that is beautiful”. Then I read the text. I guess I passed the test! 😀

BlackStarAries
BlackStarAries
January 27, 2010 8:56 am

I love the tree, but I want to move the footstool against the wall.

Leonie
Leonie
January 27, 2010 8:10 pm
Reply to  BlackStarAries

…and the bathtub. Its angle is bothering me!

Me = Sagg

watery libran
watery libran
January 27, 2010 8:56 am

Oh the tree maketh the room – I must be a true Libra 😉 Libra does not worry about pollen as one would have a house-maid to deal with such things.
It reminds me of the tree installation I saw at the Asia Pacific Triennial here in Brisbane, sigh, so beautiful.