Aries Eyebrows

Yasmeen Ghauri in black and white dressYasmeen Ghauri

Aries peeps always get credited with having the most over the top (and sometimes beautiful) eyebrows…Their shape itself being reminiscent of the Aries glyph: the Ram’s Horns…Yasmeen Ghauri & Joan Crawford clearly represent the great Aries beauty end of the spectrum but think also of certain Aries men and how their eyebrows become bristly, shooting out in all directions and redolent with a life force all of their very own.

Oh and apparently the new big trend for 2010 – just in time for Uranus into Aries – rad brow art.

Joan Crawfod close up portraitJoan Crawford

Tash
Tash
December 28, 2013 10:01 am

I’m Aries with Aries rising and I just been told that I got the typical Aries rising eyebrows. * Proud to be on #TeamAries * woot woot.

Tones
Tones
January 14, 2010 6:17 pm

That’s why I have good eyebrows! My aries ascendent makes sure of it. Actually I shaved a few lines in one in highschool and a couple of other girls copied me, which was wierd- it wasn’t the style at the time:)

Ram Tormented by Librans
Ram Tormented by Librans
January 12, 2010 11:10 pm

During the extended stay of Venus in Aries last year, I spent an inordinate amount of time perfecting my Aries brows. Just gorgeous, I tell ya! I am keeping them maintained and do think they make one look “finished”. I am now thrilled to be taming my Libran daughter’s brows – thick and lush – and hoping she will catch the bug of keeping these beautiful hairy characters in place.

Leogroover
Leogroover
January 12, 2010 10:55 pm

My son has the best eyebrows i am so jealous of them. He has Mars in Aries. I alwys admire a beuatiful eyebrow and pencil mine in subtly everyday as they are so scrawny.

Lark
Lark
January 12, 2010 5:35 pm

Weird timing. Was actually thinking of emailing you yesterday Mystic with brow woes. One over zealous plucking at Saturn return and now suddenly brow hair has stopped growing back. Could our mothers not warn us of this???

Aries moon, thick brows and now have lost their former glory due to aforementioned SR plucking angst. Grrrr.

Is this a good astro week to find an excellent brow therapist?

Sweetpea
Sweetpea
January 12, 2010 5:18 pm

When I was a teen I plucked my eyebrows very thin and immediately knew that was not for me. I let them grow back out (even though it pained me to see the little stubbles for a bit), because I saw how the models had them and thats what I did and have had for years. Do get complimented on my eyebrows. The last place was in a dentist’s chair.

Aries Sun

Ms.
Ms.
January 12, 2010 4:59 pm

Does this mean we should schedule brow art for aries moon not libra as moon cycle do’s?

Ms.
Ms.
January 12, 2010 4:48 pm

I was obsessed with my eyebrows for ages, no aries explanation, (MC?) moon/neptune/venus trine ?? I loved colouring them and making them a feature of my look. I did brow shaping for a while, oddly I hate doing my own -but I always tweek them when waxed as I like to alter slightly so I they have a slightly more theatrical character. I shape leo ex’s into hot not trying born with it man style. SO happy re brow art. Best brow art went to 2 scorpios I know who lived together. OH and the scoprio I used to live… Read more »

darkhorse80
darkhorse80
January 12, 2010 4:41 pm

And that pale, almost transluscent skin that most Scorpio ladies seem to have.

darkhorse80
darkhorse80
January 12, 2010 4:40 pm

Is Dita von Teese a Scorpio? She has great heavily drawn eyebrows.

Ms.
Ms.
January 12, 2010 4:50 pm
Reply to  darkhorse80

libra sun

Aeris
Aeris
January 12, 2010 4:27 pm

Scorpio eyebrows are also very distinctive! I’ve known some ladies with some super-gorgeous brows, very dramatic. Heavily drawn, arched. The one I’m thinking of called them “tarantula brows” but they were beautiful!

And I know lots of Ariens with those arched brows, they’re like upside-down commas, so circular.

BlackstarAries
BlackstarAries
January 12, 2010 2:20 pm

I have very fair nearly invisible eyebrows…..But I love plucking them into shape….
I ALWAYS notice capricorn eyebrows though, always….

Tati
Tati
January 12, 2010 11:46 am

Amanda Palmer has rad brow art – think she might have shaved them off -draws them on with all sorts of designs, very cool & original I thought (although I could be wrong about the original part, I dunno) Mystic now there’s a candidate for a blog post.

indigofish
indigofish
January 12, 2010 11:36 am

ah nice timing mystic. am getting the brows reshaped this afternoon. a very young beautician ruined my carefully evolved shape and another bright young thing attempted to fix them. a bit grown back now so will try again. if this doesn’t work i will wax them off completely and draw them on like my grandma does.

got venus and chiron in aries.

“rad brow art” – sounds scary. like the boys who get the chunks taken out of the end of their eyebrows so they look stripey.

The Leo Socialite
The Leo Socialite
January 12, 2010 11:26 am

Yes Aries DO have amazing eyebrows and i say this is a leo with eyebrows destroyed (nearly) by over enthusiastic tweezering in the 80s. Sorry, in the 90s. I am de-aging. Everything was in the 90s. Anyway, i don’t think brows should be subject to fashion. There is a natural and flattering brow shape for everyone and it should be found and stuck to.

Ms.
Ms.
January 12, 2010 4:37 pm

absolutely they should compliment the face only but fashion will always dictate the style of what people feel is acceptable..

Baristagem
Baristagem
January 12, 2010 10:59 am

I agree my Aries friends have some over the top eyebrow thing going on & so smart that you say it resembles aries glyph, it absolutely does!!

I don’t have much going on near Aries but I do get complimented the most on my eyebrows & I do wonder if it is just the bone structure of my brow as it sticks out a bit, cause I don’t think my eyebrows are anything spesh. 🙂

leonine librarian
leonine librarian
January 12, 2010 10:45 am

Yeah I don’t know of any Aries without nicely shaped eyebrows. My Mum in her youth looked a bit of ringer for Joan Crawford, thankfully sans parenting issues though.

saggigal
saggigal
January 12, 2010 10:43 am

i have aries asc and i always get compliments on my eyebrows.

FireTrine
FireTrine
January 12, 2010 6:06 pm
Reply to  saggigal

Me too! I do love a well defined arch… I will wear no make-up, but find it hard to go sans mascara and an eye-brow brush.

saggigal
saggigal
January 13, 2010 12:00 am
Reply to  FireTrine

firetrine, more and more i am starting to think you and i must have a *very* similar natal chart…we seem to always be on the same page with these aspects 🙂 We should swap notes sometime 🙂

FireTrine
FireTrine
January 13, 2010 6:34 am
Reply to  saggigal

Anytime! Should we just post our birthdays or something?

scorpalicious robot
scorpalicious robot
January 13, 2010 12:29 am
Reply to  FireTrine

me too!!
Can go without make-up and mascara but never leave the house without penciling in my brows (it looks natural of course). I’m mortified when i see photos of myself from the 80’s and my eyebrows look like they’ve been drawn on with a thick black texta – and i have very fair skin! But who knew the meaning of subtle back then.

FireTrine
FireTrine
January 13, 2010 6:33 am

Tee hee! I had realllly non-subtle stage back in the ’90’s as a late teen where I thought I was a manga character or something – those were some dramatic brows!!

FireTrine
FireTrine
January 13, 2010 6:41 am
Reply to  FireTrine

p.s. posted my friend’s lerve story to you in New Widget scorpalicious!! Are you rising cap or did you mean you are also rising Aries?

scorpalicious robot
scorpalicious robot
January 13, 2010 8:20 am
Reply to  FireTrine

went to bed last night thinking “damn, i forgot to thank FireTrine for the story!” i think the heat fried my brain yesterday.
So thank you!! That story warmed my incurable romantic heart. It is nice to know that romance is alive and well in the world.
Not going to happen with my neighbour though. I caught a glimpse of him this morning – nope. *shakes head*. Not my type. Oh well….

I’m a Cap rising. No Aries in my chart at all.

taurean alchemist
taurean alchemist
January 12, 2010 10:35 am

omg, my triple aries BogeyMum has those eyebrows!