Astro-Matthew McConaughey

Matthew McConaughey perfume advertisement

What is wrong with Matthew McConaughey in this ad??  He is SUCH a good looking guy – he is a Scorpio (Sun-Mercury) with Venus conjunct Jupiter in Libra (that is like the ultimate cosmic bonanza in the Beautiful Person stakes as Venus rules Libra and Jupiter amps anything it touches) and he’s got Gemini Rising, which i personally consider appealing as hell in men.

But in this picture he looks like a guy in the middle of a turgid marital drama. His expression reminds me of Not-Nice moments in my relationship history. Like he’s about to say, with a slightly whining snivel, something like “let’s not start that again, shall we?” He hasn’t got any Qi in the pic. Is he meant to look elegant??  Restrained. It’s weird. Especially when compared with  his vibe in the lower pic. And no, it’s not about age.

Right now, MM has got Neptune right on his Aquarius Midheaven – could it be causing him to make weird career choices? Judgement clouded? Strange advice? It’s exact in January – would be fab if it were a major, spell-binding movie role sort of a Neptune Transit. But perhaps he’ll come out as a time traveller or something.

Oh and his Moon is in Virgo – so there’s that bongo-playing-in-the-nude side of him but he probably is also obsessive about maintaining his bongo drums or whatever. BUT – with the above pic – what is that LOOK about???

Matthew McConaughey young sexy magazine cover

crystal
crystal
December 14, 2011 12:57 pm

All of you got it wrong! He has a shirt on !!!

Hanne
Hanne
November 16, 2009 11:35 pm

Ouch, from his DG pic, his Moon is everything for this man..mom, and in Virgo of all things..not a lot of Scorpio appeal, but that may come later in life. Could be he might develop into a new Richard Burton.. where can we see his entire chart?

November 17, 2009 1:17 am
Reply to  Hanne

“where can we see his entire chart?”

Click on “Aquarian Midheaven” in Mystic’s write up above.

double gem
double gem
November 16, 2009 9:33 pm

what a cocktail….he looks low gemini …bored and cynical with a dash of scoponic spite

Leogroover
Leogroover
November 16, 2009 6:31 pm

I think the look is very uncomfy like he’s got an avovado up his bum and is not sure if he likes it or not.

Leogroover
Leogroover
November 16, 2009 6:29 pm

I’m with you DH80. he does nothing for me except the 2nd photo cowboy style does stir my loins a litle. But big let down in the scorp department however and a dud actor in my opinion.

What is it abt gem rising guys please enlighten me?
I have just met one who can talk and talk but not abt himself thankfully and he is sexy in that foppish shambly kind of way and he’son the wrong side of 50!
I’m trying hard to change my bad boy magnet ways so going for the more intellectual kind wish me luk!

darkhorse80
darkhorse80
November 16, 2009 5:56 pm

Have never fancied him and really don’t after that photo. The only thing I’ve ever liked him in was the brief cameo he did in an episode of Sex and the City. Thought it was funny cos he was so over the top, but don’t really like him as an actor.

November 16, 2009 1:12 pm

They made Matthew monochromatic and don’t think he lives in a brown world.

ScorpintheSky
ScorpintheSky
November 16, 2009 11:54 am

Bummer. I just looked up my Venus in Libra and it is SQUARED by Jupiter. So that’s why I’ve never been a beauty queen. Hmmmm. I wonder what I’m supposed to do with that square? What are the beauty tips from Jupiter?

November 16, 2009 12:00 pm
Reply to  ScorpintheSky

I’m sure you have your charms and Scorp allure even though not total beauty queen. 🙂

i have Venus in Libra too and Libra MC. Jupiter in Taurus which is venus ruled also. Does that count as a near conjunction?

November 16, 2009 12:10 pm

“Does that count as a near conjunction?”

If you’d like 🙂 Astro very accommodating. Mine don’t touch but Taurus Venus and Leo Uranus square….Venus opp. Neptune (that can be the messy part)…

November 16, 2009 12:18 pm
Reply to  Sweetpea

well, i’ll go with that. I have been called pretty all my life, lucky i have a personality to go with it now that i’m on the other side of 40. Hehe

November 16, 2009 12:24 pm

The total Pee-Kay-Gee (pkg) babe….Go the near conjunction!

ScorpintheSky
ScorpintheSky
November 16, 2009 12:38 pm

awww thanks scorps. Yep I do have allure. thanks for reminding me.

Sweetpea, thanks for tip. Expand on the goodies hey? Cleavage, cleavage, cleavage it is then!

November 16, 2009 12:01 pm
Reply to  ScorpintheSky

Whatever you got babe, Juperterize it….Expand on the goodies…Play it up… 😉

November 16, 2009 11:35 am

Its his posture..not good

November 16, 2009 11:44 am

I agree, and something very Dolce and Gabbana inspired sexual preference wise, to me.

November 16, 2009 11:46 am
Reply to  Sweetpea

For gawd sakes they could have at least let him have those baby blues in the pix!

November 16, 2009 11:50 am
Reply to  Sweetpea

Now the bottom pix…there’s mah cowboy. Gorge. I know his girlfriend has a couple of kids and all, but can I beat the tar outta her? And in my not so humble opinon and not to be rude as I never go out of my way to be unkind, but he’s prettier than her by far..

crabwoman
crabwoman
November 16, 2009 11:52 am
Reply to  Sweetpea

whoever ps’d and approved that image needs a kick up the A! totally stuffed the eyes and killed any natural emotion within. they obviously screwed up the colour when going for that tan light on his face and you would expect a higher standard for such a brand

might go write a letter of disgust

william
william
November 16, 2009 11:21 am
aquaphobe
aquaphobe
November 16, 2009 10:44 am

makes me think of bill murray in lost in translation…

Always thought he was a sagg…weird.

November 16, 2009 10:46 am
Reply to  aquaphobe

hehe me too!!

November 16, 2009 11:35 am
Reply to  aquaphobe

Ran his Draconic chart to see if we could get more info. as to where Sagg might be on a deeper layer. It’s still on his 7th house cusp like in natal chart but in Natal as in Drac he has Jupiter (ruled by Sagg of course) in 5th (athletics) sq. Mars in Aqua. Maybe that’s a big part of it.

November 16, 2009 11:37 am
Reply to  Sweetpea

aaah nice work Sweetpea.

November 16, 2009 11:39 am

Yes, the gorge thing and doing all those sports to stay gorge.

November 16, 2009 11:40 am
Reply to  Sweetpea

And then of course the Scorp may come in where with that gorge bod and sex appeal he wears no shirts!

November 16, 2009 11:42 am
Reply to  Sweetpea

That dirty little doggie ~woof!~ (howl…. 🙂 )

william
william
November 16, 2009 10:41 am

JKL yeh!

why did I hear someone whistling this after
my labyrinth walk today? hmmmm….

VirgoFire
VirgoFire
November 16, 2009 9:39 am

Bored or not he is mega health conscious and sexy. J’adore.

November 16, 2009 10:45 am
Reply to  VirgoFire

in my search to discover if he has anything in Sagg becasue she vibes it so strongly, i’ve discovered he has Psyche in Aqua and Eros in Virgo – so yes, mega health conscious especially with that moon in Virgo!

nico
nico
November 16, 2009 9:05 am

it’s cos theyve dressed in him and photoshopped his eyes – as such he just looks vacant. rather like lady gaga in her lates filmclip – ‘bad romance’

crabwoman
crabwoman
November 16, 2009 8:45 am

Eric! what a babe :O

gg
gg
November 16, 2009 8:36 am

I think they are trying to make him look like a vampire.
He reminds me a bit of Eric from True Blood in this photo.

BlackstarAries
BlackstarAries
November 16, 2009 8:25 am

He’s grinding his teeth.
Maybe Saturns hitting on his Gem and he’s resisting..

BlackstarAries
BlackstarAries
November 16, 2009 8:24 am

He looks like what he’s look like if someone sucked of all his Gem charisma and then asked him to pull it off and look sexy.
Bitch please, is what he’s saying. You just peed on my eternal peur cornflakes…..

matthew-minerva
matthew-minerva
November 16, 2009 8:16 am

I actually like Matt a lot, i think he’s a great actor – and my friend met him in the states and says he’s a really nice guy!

current
current
November 16, 2009 8:02 am

the look on his face forced me to study his shirt and come to rest on the brand name

I then wondered how D+G were getting along these days now that they were no longer lovers….

taurean alchemist
taurean alchemist
November 16, 2009 7:55 am

never EVER would have picked Matt as a Scorp.. definitely vibes gemini as per his asc…

and so Virgo Moon explains bongo drumming in the nude?? Someone who shall not be mentioned does precisely that and now I’ll be on the lookout for my multiple sadge daughter w. gem rising and moon in Virgo doing the same… (the one who shall not be named gave her a set of bongos)

Lulu
Lulu
November 16, 2009 7:41 am

Thx Mystic, that lovely old VF cover certainly lifted MY spirits and gave me a few things to think about!

crabwoman
crabwoman
November 16, 2009 6:09 am

he does look bored but his eyes looked ‘buggy and bulgy’ probably the over sharpening in photoshop

Odette-in-Libra
Odette-in-Libra
November 16, 2009 5:50 am

I think they were trying to make him look sophisticated (sophisticated = bored with the world, been-there-done-that). It was a mistake – he’d be sexier looking like his usual barely-contained ball of enthusiasm.

spipit
spipit
November 16, 2009 2:08 am

it does look like a reptilian-alien impersonating him !

Anonymous
Anonymous
November 16, 2009 2:04 am

Bored, Peevish, and Constipated ?….vacant, soul-less

November 16, 2009 1:52 am

My first impression was that he looks a bit effeminate there. Cologne apparantely called ‘the one’?…Perhaps a mirror is actually being held up out of camera shot and he’s doing a narcissistic gaze upon himself…

No denying overall though that MM gorge.

Leonine Librarian
Leonine Librarian
November 15, 2009 11:35 pm

What is that look about?

….severe sphincter puckering revealed in facial expression when told at the shoot, ‘hold it, hold it, hold it’….just one more time.

November 16, 2009 1:47 am

“severe sphincter puckering revealed in facial expression” lol

dotty
dotty
November 15, 2009 11:35 pm

it’s the exposed throat – makes no sense to make it the focus, all tremulous?

November 16, 2009 1:56 am
Reply to  dotty

There is a giraffe vibe with the neck going on there as well… 🙂

VenusRules
VenusRules
November 15, 2009 11:19 pm

He does absolutely nothing for me either, and I’m a Scorpio. I think he’s oafish.

Lea Kennedy
Lea Kennedy
November 16, 2009 7:43 am
Reply to  VenusRules

lol Scorp!

Liesel
Liesel
November 15, 2009 11:03 pm

That is the look of a man who is feeling strained and unattractive, whose expression has just been criticized one too many times. Maybe the man behind the camera told him to “stop making that smile”. He knows exactly how he looks and he is NOT happy about it.
Let’s face it, he’s just not an indoor kid, and trying to make him look like one is NOT going to be pretty.

shell
shell
November 15, 2009 10:49 pm

he’s bored.
it’s a gem ‘just take the bloody photo will you’ look.

Leonie
Leonie
November 15, 2009 10:31 pm

Wow, you’re spot on. He doesn’t look like the usual Matthew that I know. In fact, he looks a bit femme. “Not that there’s anything wrong with that” – Seinfeld. I love gay men, including Matt if he does has bisexual tendencies!

Ultimately I blame it on the crew behind this pic who seem to love Photoshop more than their nearest and dearest.

Lea Kennedy
Lea Kennedy
November 15, 2009 10:21 pm

I think it’s a photo tampering issue like they did one to many brush downs on the brush ups! Look how dark the eyes are.

Back to the photos shoot for this one. yuk!

Melissa
Melissa
November 15, 2009 9:58 pm

To me it’s like they asked him to look all wistful, sensitive and pensive….goodness knows why tho? Maybe they thought chicks wld dig that more (and want their partners to buy it) and instead y’all think he just looks condescending and pissed-off!

unpredictable pisces
unpredictable pisces
November 15, 2009 9:27 pm

i think the problem is they have a scorpio/libra/gemini dressed up as a WASPy argyle knit rich frat-boy: chandeliers ironed shirt NOT POUTING / GRINNING LIKE HE SHOULD ALWAYS BE slicked back hair. which – maybe because we are so used to his good natured, outdoorsy love of Fun just Does not Compute. oooh, maybe they styled it like this so depict a “good time boy turned classy” to appeal to the cashed up extreme sports adventure types – after all they have to go to the ball / casino / cousin’s wedding too..and one does need cologne for these… Read more »

Taurean Love Expert
Taurean Love Expert
November 15, 2009 9:38 pm

Yep, he should be grinning like an idiot, rolling around half-naked in a 5 star hoel room & throwing back a tequila shot… they have totally cramped his style. But, as MM points out, *that’s* the pic they thoughtsays ‘Dolce & Gabbana’… inexplicable.

fallen angel
fallen angel
November 15, 2009 9:26 pm

Can I just say, as a Scorp I am surprised he does nothing for me? Not sure why. He certainly beauteous enough..I think its because when I first saw him I thought he was a copy of Paul Newman.

His expression on the first pic says to me: ” Really? Those shoes with that dress??”

unpredictable pisces
unpredictable pisces
November 15, 2009 9:31 pm
Reply to  fallen angel

it’s the kind of look that a guy would give me if i was already 10 minutes late and I was in the middle of telling him that I needed to run back upstairs to change my shoes for whatever reason. like, loosen up dude it’s not the end of the world . yeah i agree don’t like the pic love Matty M tho

saggigal
saggigal
November 15, 2009 10:10 pm
Reply to  fallen angel

and ive never thought of him very scorpish- most scorp men i know are dark and brooding. marvellous matt always has seemed uber sagg to me. im sure we’ve discussed this before.

and hence, my obscene attraction to him 🙂

November 15, 2009 10:19 pm
Reply to  saggigal

maybe you’re attracted to his Gem rising. I agree, he doesn’t vibe Scorp at all.

He does absolutely nothing for me – ZERO.

saggigal
saggigal
November 15, 2009 10:27 pm

nah, have never been attracted to gems. they annoy me. the vibe i get off matt is the outdoorsy adventuring go with the flow traveller.

most gem males i know are more into serious mind games ( i would call it ‘head fuqing’) and the urban scene. (gross over generalisation, sorry!!)

with matt, i could go hang out on beach somewhere, playing the bongos- as mystic says above! lol. 😀

November 15, 2009 10:46 pm
Reply to  saggigal

he does come across very, very Sagg. I’ve seen him in so many photos in the tabloids where he’s outdoors, having fun, adventuring etc.

I’m not really an outdoorsy type so i’ll take the urbane scene Gem any day… just as friends though – they’re not relationship material. Well, i just had one bad experience to put me off.

saggigal
saggigal
November 15, 2009 10:48 pm
Reply to  saggigal

i just simply love love love sagg men 🙂

November 15, 2009 11:04 pm
Reply to  saggigal

you can have them. I’ll have the Virgos 🙂

saggigal
saggigal
November 15, 2009 11:28 pm
Reply to  saggigal

Done 🙂

Odette-in-Libra
Odette-in-Libra
November 16, 2009 5:51 am
Reply to  saggigal

I’d like to put an order in for a Leo guy, thanks.

fallen angel
fallen angel
November 16, 2009 8:03 am
Reply to  saggigal

Have a guess what sign I’d still order for?? A Higher Scorp of course! Scorpalicious, guess what? My Hot Geek Trainer who I thought was some kind of Fire Sign all this time turns out to be a Scorp, I mean seriously…so I am surrounded! Bit gobsmacked as my best friends are Scorps and I am literally poor starting end of October till November owing to the glut of birthdays I am celebrating. Which is not a bad thing as it balances out the negative publicity Le Toilet has done for the sign. It was kind of sweet though as… Read more »

Hanne
Hanne
November 16, 2009 11:56 pm
Reply to  saggigal

With Gem rising, his persona vibrates with Sag – the opposite sign, which is projected to the environment. What we want others to see… and I agree with you guys. Not allot of Scorp vibrations from this man. I also agree that he is quite effeminate in the DG photo…

SeaGoat
SeaGoat
November 17, 2009 10:31 am
Reply to  saggigal

Having met him briefly, I can tell you that he has the most intense gaze in person, definitely Scorpio – I felt like I had 2 choices, either keep eye contact and succumb to losing all self-will OR break eye contact and retain self respect (eg. not turn into lustful, devoted follower/stalker/one night stand, etc)!

Ãœber Virgo
Ãœber Virgo
November 16, 2009 12:00 am
Reply to  fallen angel

He looks like he doesn’t want to be there. Or like a beardless Christ from one of those cheap Jesus postcards you can buy outside the Vatican.

I agree he resembles Paul Newman, but a kind of insipid, vapid, substanceless version. Paul Newman had a REAL edge.

Surprising for a Scorp, I agree. Saggigal, I think he vibes more Saggo too, but STiLL no appeal there for me. It’s like he should be hot and he’s not.

fallen angel
fallen angel
November 16, 2009 8:06 am
Reply to  Ãœber Virgo

YES Uber, Newman did that plus I love what he said about racing cars. Apparently, he wasn’t that great at sports but car racing was a breeze for him and he took it up when he was older – Newman did that is.

I think Matt McC is lacking that Scorpionic look of intensity…it’s not there for some reason. Puzzling.

Deliteful27
Deliteful27
November 15, 2009 9:15 pm

lol…..and he is slumping his shoulders. He looks bored!

saggigal
saggigal
November 15, 2009 9:15 pm

he looks totally pissed off in that top pic. hilarious.

but he is fuqing gorgeous no matter what. yum.

Aqua Fey
Aqua Fey
November 15, 2009 8:57 pm

Gas

November 16, 2009 12:36 pm
Reply to  Aqua Fey

lol..

“Yes, let me just stand here and fix to pass this S.B.D. (silent but deadly) and hope nobody gets a whiff!!”

“Course I gotta ~skew~ mah rump just a bit so pose will be off kilter a tad”…

Pin It on Pinterest