What Was Cleopatra’s Zodiac Sign?

Art Deco Cleopatra Claudette Colbert

What was Cleopatra’s Zodiac Sign? I think I have cracked the Astrology of Cleopatra, Queen of Egypt.

All that is known of Cleopatra’s birth is that it was in January of 69BC, rendering her a Capricorn or an Aquarius Sun. I was sitting there last night, pondering some sort of gag a la how she could/could not be either one of those signs, whatever. Suddenly, like a fiend possessed, I decided to figure out her birthdate. Thanks to the glory of Astrodienst I was able to check out the astro for Jan 69BC.  You can’t whiz up charts for that date, but they have an ephemeris.

Cleopatra Was An Aquarius

I have decided that she was born on January 28 in 69BC. She’s an Aquarius. This was not just me guessing. I actually looked for the date she met Mark Antony as I assumed that would show up some fairly significant astrological transits to her chart. So, they met in October of 41BC – if she were born on January 28 that would have Uranus crossing over Mars at that point. None of the other dates earlier in the month fit this. Uranus crossing over your Mars is totally apt astro for a woman meeting a life-warper of a man. She would also have had Saturn on her Mercury in Capricorn at that date. This suggests a significant shift in consciousness.

The January 28 birthday gives Cleopatra Sun conjunct Saturn in Aquarius and Venus in Pisces square both Jupiter and Neptune. Sun-Saturn is a visionary and driven leader who feels enormous responsibility from a young age & had to wield power. Venus square Jupiter and Neptune can go over the top for love. What’s more, Venus square Jupiter/Neptune wants to.  It fits her. She apparently wrote textbooks on cosmetics and gynecology in between being a Queen, managing an Empire, becoming a legend and being immersed in this all-consuming love affair.

black and white art Cleopatra

Ancient Egyptian Asteroids Astrology

The Astrology of Cleopatra aside,  check out these fantastic Ancient Egyptian themed asteroids.

Asteroid 42 is Isis (like the Egyptian Venus) and asteroid 2340 is Hathor (another version of Isis), asteroid 2436 is Hatshepsut – the only female Pharoah & whose rule was considered especially visionary & amazing. Asteroid 3199 is her granddaughter Nefertiti, she of the beautiful profile.

Cleopatra Sun Sign

Viswanathan
Viswanathan
July 25, 2020 7:30 pm

Try

Freya
Freya
September 11, 2019 6:52 am

Sorry but no doubt about it, she was a Scorpio. Her favorite gemstone was Topaz, I read it in one of her journals. (which btw is the birthstone of Scorpio). And she just all around has the total personality of a Scorpio. She’s the jealous type, she has cat-like eyes. Not just the makeup style. She had a pet leopard. Not a lion therefore you can rule out Leo. (Scorpios love cats more than any other sign). Every Scorpio in the world feels a strong connection to Cleopatra, which can’t just be a coincidence. Literally if you ask any female… Read more »

Anna
Anna
December 9, 2019 8:31 am
Reply to  Freya

It could be that her rising sign was scorpio. Rising sign is very significant as well.

Tyler Cook
Tyler Cook
August 3, 2019 2:44 am

One thing though, is that if she was born in January she would have been either an Aquarius or a Pisces because of the 2,000 year astrological shift. Julius Caesar was born in July, his description sounds more like a Leo than a Cancer.

MOONOPOLIS
MOONOPOLIS
July 21, 2019 1:03 pm

You have a very interesting perspective! From my angle, she seemed like she cared more for survival than anything else though… I wonder what Pluto was up to. Could you post the chart in this article? Maybe we can gather more insights together, Aquarian-style 😉

November 1, 2018 8:16 pm

I adore this <3

Messy Leo
Messy Leo
March 9, 2012 6:30 am

I’m just thrilled because I (secretly) wish I had a Grand Trine in my chart, (I know, I know, no path is good nor bad, but I’m not that evolved yet I guess) and now I FINALLY have one. A Grand Water Trine (echo echo echo), with Sekhmet, Hatshepsut, and my Mars Jupiter conjunction. Yay!

LOL
LOL
February 25, 2012 8:15 pm

There is an asteroid Kleopatra which is named after Cleopatra- number 216

DoubleMutable
DoubleMutable
January 19, 2012 6:32 am

When is Caesar’s exact birthdate? & was he a Leo?

Addie
Addie
January 20, 2012 7:34 pm
Reply to  DoubleMutable

Well, there is some dispute between websites. Some say January 12, and some say January 13. And the year is apparently in dispute, too, because some say it was in 101 BC and others 102 BC. *shrug*

I think that makes him a Capricorn…I think.

Peli
Peli
September 24, 2019 5:46 am
Reply to  DoubleMutable

Caesar was a cancer born in july

Addie
Addie
January 6, 2012 7:19 pm

I went to Astrodienst and used your January 28th date and did a love match comparison with her and Julius Caesar. I had to guess at some stuff, but nonetheless, the results where pretty cool.

Ang
Ang
April 2, 2011 6:10 pm

I totally though she was a scorpio or an Aries. The woman is fierce! Lol

Dream
Dream
March 16, 2011 4:38 am

I was born January 29, an Aquarius also.
And I have sunk a few Barges in my day.
Most of them handsome, irresponsible
Libras who were sex crazy. And loved
beauty.

March 16, 2011 4:41 am
Reply to  Dream

Ohohohoh….Aqua trine Libra, eh? So you musta or must be beatuy.. 😉

Dream
Dream
March 16, 2011 4:35 am

So then.. Marc Anthony must surely have been a Libra.?

Freya
Freya
September 11, 2019 6:56 am
Reply to  Dream

Libra’s and Aquarius’ can’t get along if their lives depend on it.

Angel
Angel
January 7, 2011 9:26 pm

Ooops, Kleopatra is in 18′ Pis. conj my Moon in Pis by 2′ deg. Kleopatra is retrograde in my chart also

Angel
Angel
January 7, 2011 9:21 pm

I have Isis exactly conjunct my south node at 14′ Taurus. Isis in my chart is retrograde. Can somebody please tell me what this could mean? I’m 16 yrs old. Guess I’m just gonna have to look up what Isis is about.. then try to put together a meaning for it being opp. my S.N… interesting Oh yeah, I have asteroid Kleopatra (216) exactly conjunct my moon in 16′ Pisces. Ever since I was a little girl, most of the males I’ve been attracted to ALWAYS had brown eyes/brown hair atleast…. always had a foreign look to them… might be… Read more »

Anonymous
Anonymous
November 15, 2010 12:23 pm

I always thought she was a libran?

Anonymous
Anonymous
August 7, 2010 6:22 am

i don’t think so
her personality don’t match with the aqua character
may be Scorpio or Pisces

Jude Cowell
Jude Cowell
April 26, 2010 12:33 pm

Thanks for writing on these intriguing subjects. Great post and excellent astro-sleuthing!

As usual, Cleopatra’s rep as a temptress preceeds her…will there be a new film, When Circuit-Breaker Uranus’ Electric Spark Met Cleo’s Planet of Tempestuous Desire? As you say!

And you know that a transit/visit from quirkster Uranus may indicate an actual person suddenly coming into one’s sphere of influence from outside your network…perhaps Marc Antony was as we hear so often about Uranus (not discovered until 1781): a bolt from the blue and a real live wire!

Jude

bente
bente
December 7, 2009 6:38 pm

hahhahhahahahaa

G.R.NAIDU
G.R.NAIDU
December 6, 2009 12:21 am

I love egypt culture and civilisation and cleopatra to be said as last pharo
also.
I hate the cleopatra politics and relations maintained with ceasor and antony and somany which we may not known
any way one tolmic dynasty and culture died- burried – eradicate

Anonymous
Anonymous
November 20, 2009 8:37 am

i think that cleopatra7 is so fasenating….
she is the wonder of the world
people know her but no one has seen her
its like a secret or a puzzle that should be undone
if you have read the things about her you would see all the diffrent answers and facts about her
thats only because she is unknown
she is the 8 wonder of the world!!!!!

Anonymous
Anonymous
August 13, 2009 12:52 pm

Hi Mystic J :)) You’ve hit on two of my fave topics… Egyptian biz and Asteroids… hehehe.. Okay… firstly… a rectification has been done on Cleopatra’s chart … by Noel Tyl in Astrology Of The Famed… and the story is pretty amazing… she’s the first person in his book… others St. Francis Of Asissi, Dracula, Leonardo Da Vinci and Beethoven… it’s a damn good read. Anyway supposedly she has Scorpio Rising 13 degrees … 13Sco22. Cleopatra VII, Jan 13th 69BC, 2.08 am, Alexandria, Egypt… Next… there is an asteroid for Cleo… tiz 216 Kleopatra, my chart in Scorpio Conjunct 2598… Read more »

sweet sanity
sweet sanity
August 13, 2009 11:07 am

Woohoo! Isis in Aqua rising!!! Nefertiti in Holy Cow, yussss! I’m going to look into Bast worshipping, sounds like my cup of chai.

Bella
Bella
August 13, 2009 8:27 am

Ooh, I like this too. At one end of the ninth I have Hathor and Hatshepsut conjunct my sun, one either side, like guardians. At the other, I have Nefertiti, conjunct MC, trining Saturn. Yay, some good saturnine news at last 🙂 And Isis is sextile Hathor. Now if the 9th is often referred to as second marriage (not that I’ve had a first lol) and I have cancer moon and the related love of all things old, I’m getting romantic visions of striding into the second half of my life to an old love, with all my venuses protecting… Read more »

Uranian&Plutonic Virgo
Uranian&Plutonic Virgo
August 12, 2009 10:59 pm

Mystic, this is a fun exercise! Turned out my Isis & Nefertiti are conjunct in the 11th house. According to Astrodienst they’re conjunct my natal Mercury, but you mentioned above to stick to one degree, so going by that they’re not conjunct.
Hathor is in what seems to be complementary early Cancer while Hatshepshut is mid-Aries. 🙂

libran tiger
libran tiger
August 12, 2009 9:44 pm

oh i have hathor conjunct my IC and hatsheput conjunct my sun (or how ever you spell her royal name – do you get embalmed alive for misspelling??)

August 12, 2009 6:05 pm

I was Cleopatra in a past life ! Weely and truly.

Was it Joan Rivers who had that line about being Shirley MacLaine in a previous life ?

venus a-go-go
venus a-go-go
August 12, 2009 5:53 pm

*scratches head*

Might be have a thick day… but not sure what you mean…

shell
shell
August 12, 2009 6:01 pm
Reply to  venus a-go-go

I think she means we’re only allowed to use them as escape clauses if they actually look like they are doing something legit, rather than just kinda being more dots on the wheel. sigh.

venus a-go-go
venus a-go-go
August 12, 2009 10:26 pm
Reply to  shell

This means I am running out of escape clauses…

and things in Aqua. Oh so steadfast and lacking in creative weirding, my chart…
… its like the little chart that could…

shell
shell
August 12, 2009 5:20 pm

isis and hathor smack bang on top of each other in gemini, where the only other thing i have is my sun.
and nerfertiti and hatsheput 1 and 16 aquarius, where there’s nothing else. nice of them to spread themselves about.
Visionary and disappearing seems suited to aquarius in the 5th house, and well i’ve just about had it to the end of my limited gemini patience with all things bloody taurean venus, so perhaps a more airy approach to that particular issue is a good way to go.

venus a-go-go
venus a-go-go
August 12, 2009 5:10 pm

Ok… so my Isis and Hathor sit neatly on either side of my Natal Venus in Gemini…

Hatshepsut is in Virgo (this strangely makes me a little nervous after your description MM). Nef is in Aqua (woot woot… pretty much the _only_ thing I have in Aqua. Actually… it is the only thing I have in Aqua)

Leonine Librarian
Leonine Librarian
August 12, 2009 5:04 pm

Well I can see a fair sprinkling of egypt, sort of, lounging in leo…Hathor, Isis and Nefertiti and then a swing to Hatshepsut in aqua…other than that I have no clue…

Showing ignorance here, in that little table on astro chart that shows to the right…where it says

C F M
F
A
E
W

What do the initials stand for?

August 12, 2009 5:09 pm

C F M – Cardinal, Fixed, Mutible
F A E W – Fire, Air, Earth, Water

xx

August 12, 2009 5:12 pm
Reply to  Lexicorn

And by Mutible I mean Mutable

Leonine Librarian
Leonine Librarian
August 12, 2009 5:24 pm
Reply to  Lexicorn

Thanks Lexicorn…I expected it would be something that when you see it you go smack your head it’s so obvious…

August 12, 2009 3:22 pm

On a topic somewhat vaguely related to Asteroids – what do people know about tonight’s Meteor Shower?? Can you really see it no matter where you are in the world??

Hey, it’s named after the guy who slew (slayed??) Medusa – WATCH OUT MYSTIC! Apparently some of those meteors will make it to earth, please stay indoors just in case history should wish to repeat. *totally touching wood right now*

August 12, 2009 3:30 pm
Reply to  Lexicorn

Natal Medusa is conjunct my Aries Sun by one degree…Bring it on Mr. Slew…(whomever you are…)

Had not heard of the shower however. Sounds ~HOT~ in any case…

August 12, 2009 4:11 pm

Alright, but then I get to expound on my theory about gay dog owners.

Bella
Bella
August 12, 2009 6:09 pm
Reply to  Lexicorn

Say more …. Do Dah Day in Birmingham AL was fascinating! My fave was a rottie in a hula skirt.

August 12, 2009 4:23 pm
Reply to  Lexicorn

Have just read up on the meteors, apparently those of us in Aus, below Brisbane, will have a hard time seeing much, but may catch glimpses of them on the horizon around 4am. I’ll watch the replay on the NASA site tomorrow I reckon…

Savannah
Savannah
August 12, 2009 2:55 pm

I’m having a go at the extended chart & got this far…

Isis – Sag 20 deg
Has – Aries 23 deg
Hathor – Taurus 7 deg
Neferititi – Pisces 16 deg

Not that I know what this all means though.

August 12, 2009 3:02 pm
Reply to  Savannah

Well Savannah,

Isis and Has are in an easy flow as trine aspect by three degree orb.

Hathor and Pisces (earth and water elements) not really in aspect but maybe to other things in your chart. Look for squares, conjunctions and oppositions as the friction makes things happen. Trines and sextiles are nice but strickly speaking as an Aries, I thrive on the “hard” stuff cuz darlin’ that’s what makes Little Bo Peep’s Garden Grow… 🙂

Did Little Bo Peep have a garden? Or was that Little Miss Muffot?

August 12, 2009 3:06 pm
Reply to  Sweetpea

I believe it was Mary Mary Quite Contrary… ??
(Probably a Taurus with Libra Rising).

August 12, 2009 3:09 pm
Reply to  Lexicorn

Oh quite right darling Lex…. x

August 12, 2009 3:12 pm
Reply to  Sweetpea

Forget that little Miss Muffot was busy sitting on her Tuffot (what the hell is a tuffot? Sounds rather harsh for the bum…) lol

August 12, 2009 3:14 pm
Reply to  Lexicorn

Yes and thinking my Pisces Sun, Libra Moon (need to check rising), co-worker MIGHT be a bit contrar….But she has a very even tan which I told her is quite beautiful…Think that’s the Libra balance, no?

August 12, 2009 3:18 pm
Reply to  Sweetpea

Yes, I reckon if a Pisces, of all signs, can manage an even tan, they must be working a Libran vibe some where in their chart… Surely…

August 12, 2009 3:21 pm
Reply to  Sweetpea

ha,ha..Gotcha…

August 12, 2009 2:33 pm

Firstly – totally impressed by the use of BC ephemeris scouring to track down a birthdate like that one. Let’s not get into the Jesus argument again ‘tho, ‘cos y’all know he really is a Cappy and had magic powers too. So – just when I thought I couldn’t squeeze anything else into Virgo – whaddyaknow, I got this Hatshepsut lady sitting right on my Virgo Moon in the First House. Meanwhile Isis seems to be aspecting nothing but is dead on my Gemi M.Coeli, while Nefertiti (I’ve always been a fan) is sitting beside my Sagi I.Coeli. Probably doesn’t… Read more »

August 12, 2009 2:40 pm
Reply to  Lexicorn

“while Nefertiti (I’ve always been a fan)”…

lol

August 12, 2009 3:01 pm
Reply to  Sweetpea

I read up on Lady Nef when writing a (fictional) story about Anastasia Romanov, as she was essentially the Anastasia of those times. She just disappeared from the records, nobody knows where she went, when she died, and where she lays now… I kinda liked the metaphor of the disappearing royal… Which makes we wonder now – perhaps Nef’s placement in your chart represents those parts of yourself that you mysteriously lose along the way, that vanish, that will erase themselves from your history…
Just a theory I’m concocting over my belated lunch…

August 12, 2009 3:54 pm

Does IC correlate to past lives???
Perhaps our Nerf’s on our ICs are saying – in this life, we will master and rule our past life lessons, and then they will quite simply disappear… from the karmic task list, that is…
I don’t know, more theories, that sandwich was WAY TOO BIG, I’m so sleepy now.

August 12, 2009 3:56 pm

Is Bast the Cat Goddess cult?

venus a-go-go
venus a-go-go
August 12, 2009 5:05 pm

Bast is the Cat Goddess… and I have always found her a little awesome.

venus a-go-go
venus a-go-go
August 17, 2009 10:31 pm

Right. So…. I am pretty certain no one is going to read this but there was this coffee table book on Myths and legends from around the world at this holiday house I stayed in at Hepburn Springs and it said that Hathor (oh divine cow) lost her temper… turn into a nasty lioness of anger and passion, destroyed a few things, was appeased by sacrifies etc etc and then became Bast.
So the cat is the cow.
(the story has been shortened a little)

Leonine Librarian
Leonine Librarian
August 17, 2009 10:36 pm

I’d not seen that particular story Venus-agg, but had seen that the lion was a form that hathor took too…

fluid feline
fluid feline
August 12, 2009 2:13 pm

ooh thanks Mystic, this is fun! Isis in Gem in 4th (near natal Venus); Hathor conj Moon in Cancer in 5th AND best of all Hatshepsut in Sagg in 10th trine my Leo Sun and Eros in 6th! Nefertiti in Scorp in 9th conj Pallas and Juno close to MC. Will always welcome more air and fire in my chart as it is so heavy on water followed by earth. When I include (supposedly) minor asteroids and points my fire shines brighter eg: pars fortuna, sun, eros, lillith, ceres, MC and now hatshepsut – fabulous 🙂

nancyx
nancyx
August 12, 2009 2:05 pm

ohh, I love that extended chart section. as soon as the ‘roids get involved, I get interesting aspecting going on.

Nefertiti conjunct Isis in cap in mid to late 7th house, and Hatshepsup conjunct Pluto in 5th/scorp directly opposite an interesting conjunt of pars fortuna, north node and pholus…godDAMN I wish I was more of an astro fiend.

August 12, 2009 2:03 pm

“2436 is Hatshepsut – the only female Pharoah & whose rule was considered especially visionary & amazing.”

Ew…nice….0 Aqua conj. natal Psyche 0 in 8th….

August 12, 2009 2:11 pm
Reply to  Sweetpea

Just wanted to add, that if Hatshepsut visionary and “amazing” conj. Psyche in 8th….It’s cuz she seen somethin’ down there (Hades) that ain’t human….

😉

outerplanetkindagirl
outerplanetkindagirl
August 12, 2009 1:33 pm

Go Mystic, astro-sleuth extraordinaire! I have Nefertiti on the south node – must mean that I was Nefertiti in a past life!! And Isis in 12th opp moon – temple priestess? lol 😉 asteroids really spice it up.

starstrokes
starstrokes
August 12, 2009 1:10 pm

Hatshepsut conjunct Merc in Leo, Isis opp Ascendant, Nefertiti trine Mars- OMG there’s a sex/lust/power past-life in there I’m probably better off not remembering…cos it was soooo good!

The Leo Socialite
The Leo Socialite
August 12, 2009 1:09 pm

I was rather hoping Cleopatra a Leo. Oh well. I am off to try and see if i have any glamorous Egyptian queens or goddesses rising.

The Leo Socialite
The Leo Socialite
August 12, 2009 1:08 pm

keep away from the asps! And maybe get some therapy to get over the dude.

VenusRules
VenusRules
August 12, 2009 1:02 pm

I met my life-warping man (who has TONS of Leo) when Uranus and Neptune were conjunct in Capricorn — right on my moon and squaring my Mars and Jupiter, back in 1993. We split up when Pluto crossed my descendant. Still getting over that one.

Baristagem
Baristagem
August 12, 2009 1:00 pm

That is so cool

I have Nefertiti in Aqua, Hatshepsut in Virgo, Isis & Hathor in Kataka.