D.I.Y. Astro: The Nodes

Abstract Modern ArtThe Moon’s Nodes used to be known as the satisfyingly woo-woo sounding Dragon’s Tail & Dragon’s Head. Everyone has a so-called South Node (Dragon’s Tail) and a North Node a.k.a. Dragon’s Head. Go google these and you will find an array of scary stuff due to their links with ‘karma’.  So be warned. Some peeps are very fatalistic about these points in a chart. I’m not & though i believe in reincarnation, I don’t really have any convenient dogma or astro theories re it.

Suffice to say that the sign and the house of your South Node signifies something that you are very comfortable with and find easy – a residue from your past life perhaps where you got that bit right. Or not. But if you linger too long in your South Node area you stagnate. It’s the North Node sign, house & sensibility that gives you GOLD.

Knowing about the Nodes is cool – all of astrology is fab for feeling out where & how we all individuate/cherish different priorities. An example; a person with the North Node in Sagg should wander, see the world & experience exotic cultures. They’d  also benefit from long study. A person with the South Node in Saggo is better off building a rich & connected life in one place; preferably an urbane & stimulating area. The classic ‘cool’ neighbourhood. That’s because South Node in Saggo = North Node in Gemini.

North Node in 8th House means you’re well off navigating towards metaphysics & kundalini  yoga et al – even though you may feel more comfie amassing wealth and security. North Node in 2nd house – the opposite of the 8th House – doesn’t do so well with all the woo-woo stuff and actually finds MORE spiritual peace & growth via being good with money & values, perhaps becoming prosperous enough to be some sort of benefactor.

1st House Node means you have to be yourself and not let relationships define you. If you do, you’re swamped. 7th House North Node means relationships bring your greatest growth. It’s quite useful to think through your Nodes – their house & sign. Also, if you have an Ephemeris – a book that lists all the positions of the planets at various dates (my longest one goes from 1900 to 2050) you can track back and check out major transits to the Nodes. Those of Saturn, Chiron, Uranus, Neptune & Pluto – especially the conjunctions) tend to correspond with BIG reorientations of your life to more closely align with destiny.

In synastry – comparing two charts for compatibility et al – close Nodal contacts signify ‘karmic’ connections…Have fun with them!

Image: Hilary Pecis

3 2 votes
, , ,

Invicta
Invicta
July 9, 2019 5:16 am

North Node in 8th House means you’re well off navigating towards metaphysics & kundalini yoga et al – even though you may feel more comfie amassing wealth and security. North Node in 2nd house – the opposite of the 8th House – doesn’t do so well with all the woo-woo stuff and actually finds MORE spiritual peace & growth via being good with money & values, perhaps becoming prosperous enough to be some sort of benefactor. Yes! This is my friend Ara and I exactly. Her north node is in the 8th and mine is in the 2nd. What she… Read more »

Lou
Lou
May 25, 2019 10:14 pm

North node in Scorpio here. In 1st house. What they say about intimate realitionships doesn´t apply here. NN in 1st mean I have to give all relations away to be me….

fishgirl
fishgirl
June 9, 2009 9:41 pm

Thanks Mystic I love these DIY astros. Really great!

nebulous virgo
nebulous virgo
June 9, 2009 5:24 pm

I am fascinated by the nodes, especially by the stuff with the Aries Point and draconic chart. by that one I am a Gemini and yes, I do find this energy familiar. I get along very well with Gems, although I do not have any planets or important angles in the birth chart in this sign, and it happens that people trying to pick my sunor rising sign and guess it’s Gemini. Draconic charts are also quite interesting for synastric revelations, this astrology student finds. But there is something about the nodal axis in my chart that I find quite… Read more »

nico
nico
June 9, 2009 5:29 pm
Reply to  nebulous virgo

perhaps your split personality things are why you feel an affinity to geminis

nebulous virgo
nebulous virgo
June 9, 2009 5:35 pm
Reply to  nico

with the Gem-stuff, it could just be because virgo and gems are ruled by mercury abd thus, despite squared sun signs, have an affinity to each other, non? or it is the draconic chart thinige.

so far i do not feel split, but thinking about MC in Cap opposing NN in Kataka, just gives me a weird feeling of: oh yes, I get the idea of combining soul with worldly achievement, but how to bloody do it?

June 9, 2009 5:46 pm
Reply to  nebulous virgo

I love the Draconic chart thing too NV – have you looked in at Kim Falconer’s forum? my NN is at the Aries Point so my Draco chart is the same as my Natal, but I love to look at family and friends’ charts for interesting connections. there is such a thing as soulfully conducting one’s self in the world, through what one does with Presence, whether that be raising children or running a business, or both… I wouldn’t worry too much about having to split yourself in two NV 🙂 I had my small rant about the same thing… Read more »

nebulous virgo
nebulous virgo
June 9, 2009 6:22 pm

Thank you, TA, you are so right, it is nothing to get schizophrenic about. This pattern is also reflecting my mother’s dilemma, being a single mother most of the time, having to sustain a family but also being a very creative person, desperately needing to express herself through creative work, but having not enough time/money for implementing her art as sustainable income source. it took her until me and my brother moved out, 23 years. sigh. Now I (unconsciously) chose the reversed way, no kids so far (no man to get any either) but work, work, work. ok I am… Read more »

nico
nico
June 9, 2009 5:20 pm

now that i’ve thought about this a bit more, both times i really made the decision to commit to things i value, rather than worry about money – i’ve had bits of other people’s money turn up to help me with the commitment. nice.

nico
nico
June 9, 2009 4:36 pm

I’ve the same north/south node thing as you Aquarpio – with mine kind of the wrong way round – north in 2nd – which is a taurus house, and south in 8th,which is a scorpio house. Any hints on what influence that may add? i also have venus, jupiter, mercury all in taurus/8th too and sun in 8th but just slinking into gem. Funnily your comments about retail – i used to work for the dark side (advertising) started comparing media budget to the gdp’s of small african nations and quit to go (and still) be a poor starving uni… Read more »

Matthew Minerva
Matthew Minerva
June 9, 2009 4:32 pm

ok ive got my North Node in Scorpio – 9th house 14 degree’s so that makes my south node in Taurus 3rd house???
matt

ariesartist
ariesartist
June 9, 2009 3:54 pm

aquarpio
i would suggest taurus is more gardening, cooking, eating well (maybe piles of choc cake?), luxuriating in cashmere throw rugs etc.

June 9, 2009 2:38 pm

Aquarpio “SN in Taurus can pull you back into the material world where you found success in the past. It may be hard to let go of the comfort and indulgences of the good life, although a better life for this placement is found in the merging depths of the soul” – from Kim Falconer’s book. Also NN in Scorpio benefits from helping others to develop their own resources.

Aquarpio
Aquarpio
June 9, 2009 2:49 pm
Reply to  fluid feline

Hmm, does that mean I should quit my job?! (Retail -hate the materialistic side of it, too.) I still don’t live very “well” in the material sense. Shoot, what to do…

June 9, 2009 4:02 pm
Reply to  Aquarpio

Aquapio what house is your north node in?

Leonine Librarian
Leonine Librarian
June 9, 2009 4:05 pm
Reply to  Aquarpio

I think one thing that can help when working retail is selling something that is true to your values. Which probably is another way of looking at merging the depths of your soul.

For me being true to my values meant no I can’t sell Tupperware, but I do feel comfortable selling pottery.

Aquarpio
Aquarpio
June 9, 2009 1:41 pm

I have North Node in Scorpio and South Node in Taurus. Would love to hear if anyone has an interpretation on either of those. I was told this during a reading a few years back following some devastating relationships -Saturn in Leo, my relationship sector. I totally got the whole death/rebirth (repeat) part of Scorpio and have been doing that ever since, also the seclusion bit, but have always wanted some interpretation of what Taurus represents…? Basically: what should I be trying not to do?

squeakmaster
squeakmaster
June 9, 2009 12:38 pm

My boyfriend and I have the same North node in Gemini — his in the 10th, mine in the 9th. That’s interesting what you write about needing to build up connections in one place… South node in Sagg, I suspect, is why we both love traveling so much, and in fact we met while we were both studying in another country. Both Virgo rising, too… we’re a constant study in mutable signs (his sun in Sagg, mine in Pisces).

June 9, 2009 12:28 pm

but like Saturn … resistance is futile

Sweetpea
Sweetpea
June 9, 2009 3:53 pm
Reply to  prowlncat

lol….think Saturn IS a borg 😉

June 9, 2009 12:28 pm

LOL I have Aqua north node in the 9th house … and I’ve been fighting it my whole life!

Lexicon_Limbo
Lexicon_Limbo
June 9, 2009 2:00 pm
Reply to  prowlncat

I have this to Prowlncat – so where does that make our south node?? And what does it mean for us??

June 9, 2009 2:30 pm
Reply to  Lexicon_Limbo

Our south node is in Leo and if your North node is in the same house as mine – the 9th – that means your south node is in the 3rd house. My interpretation of all that is we feel quite at home being the big fish in the small pond! LOL We’re comfortable in our local neighbourly networks and like communicating and connecting via 3rd house preferences (chats over the fence, knowing people in our community etc) and being rather Leo about it all – we stand out. But the north node challenges us to be a bit less… Read more »

Lexicon_Limbo
Lexicon_Limbo
June 9, 2009 3:24 pm
Reply to  prowlncat

Thanks for that!

I have to admit, I DO like poncing around in my church robes – I am my own Guru 😉

cheshire cap
cheshire cap
June 9, 2009 11:58 am

My south node is right on my asc conj venus and sun and at the moment, trans pluto. I’ve never done the ‘I hate my nose or whatever’ that my pals go on about. I’ve never had identity probs and was born knowing who I am. I take what I look like as a given and apart from normal cleanliness and grooming, it’s not a concern whereas relationships have been WORK. Friendships and social connections are no probs but I seem to have to watch constantly and be on my guard for all the little psychological nuances that make or… Read more »

scorpalicious robot
scorpalicious robot
June 10, 2009 9:50 pm
Reply to  cheshire cap

Chesh that’s a wonderful thing for your Virgo hubby to say and interesting that he appreciated and noted all that you had done for him. I had a Virgo ex say something similar. I think earth signs really notice actions/the practical.

ariesartist
ariesartist
June 9, 2009 11:34 am

TA and FF thank you- got the astrodiesnst thing now tentative interpretation below – any comments from wiser peeps appreciated. north node in Virgo 17 in the 5th house so umm – work hard to practically support my creative work that i love? Also be carefull about gambling/risk taking? I also have saturn in virgo – which always makes so much sense as i am really slack with details/cleaning/bookeeping despite my liking for order and massive plans for all of the above. it is hard work for me. that puts south node in Pisces 11th house ummm – friends group… Read more »

June 9, 2009 12:23 pm
Reply to  ariesartist

ariesartist Kim Falconer has an excellent interpretation of the nodes in signs and houses in her book Astrology and Aptitude. There is a link to her site on left hand side. I have 5th house NN (Kataka) so am familiar with this polarity. Kim F says re NN in 5th: ” … the need to develop the creative side of the heart. Through arts, dance, drama, literature ….. or children of the body, the native gains a sense of his or her own specialty. SN in the 11th suggests a past of allowing the desires and will of others to… Read more »

Sweetpea
Sweetpea
June 9, 2009 2:58 pm
Reply to  fluid feline

Thanks for that blurb from Kim FF as my Nodal Axis on 5/11 too…

As a matter of fact, Kim told me that with the POF (Point of Fortune) on the SN, if I do the North Node a treasure could be waiting….

Sounds exciting, no?

June 9, 2009 7:37 pm
Reply to  Sweetpea

Sweetpea, was thinking about this whilst waiting for son at TKD class. Had a thought, you’ve been looking for your pot of gold at the casinos, no? Well now you are on the true path (banning yourself etc), so perhaps your true pot of gold will show itself. Would be lovely 😉

Sweetpea
Sweetpea
June 10, 2009 1:15 am
Reply to  fluid feline

Yes this is so true as have used it as a distraction from my true hearts desire…My book. Think we often sabatoge ourselves from what could be our success for various unconscious reasons. And I have been utterly self indulgent and lazy in many ways so need to keep workin’ that current Saturn (discipline) opp. Ur (newness and onto the next)…

Now that I have many habits getting out of the way, will need to be mindful of this blog!!! It’s just too fun..

ariesartist
ariesartist
June 9, 2009 3:45 pm
Reply to  fluid feline

“feel as if you are drowning” wow- that just went right into my heart reading that. I must get Kim Falconer’s book – I really do have a massive tension with wanting to make everyone happy, fit in and be ‘normal’ but also feeling completely suffocated doing so and become very escapist. it is hard to be analytic but very worthwhile for me to (lol as an aries) – as prooved by recent cognative behavioural therapy. this might also explain why i find it painfully difficult to talk about my art practice (eg what i think of 80% of the… Read more »

June 9, 2009 2:36 pm
Reply to  ariesartist

ur welcome AA :mrgreen:

venus a-go-go
venus a-go-go
June 9, 2009 11:26 am

I have a north node as Leo, in my tenth house… this makes my south Aqua, huh?
*looks worried*
No one else has nodes in Leo:O
Am all career woman, buzz buzz, huh…

Baristagem
Baristagem
June 9, 2009 12:38 pm
Reply to  venus a-go-go

I have north node in Leo 5th house, making south node in Aqua 11th house

Champagne Bearing Aquarian
Champagne Bearing Aquarian
June 9, 2009 1:06 pm
Reply to  Baristagem

Me too Venus! Only my NN in Leo is in the 4th and SN Aqua (also my sun sign) is in the 10th.

venus a-go-go
venus a-go-go
June 10, 2009 12:28 pm

Still not too sure what it means tho (during this process I am finding out I have a whole lot more leo in my chart then I ever thought/felt)
Odd

Baristagem
Baristagem
June 10, 2009 12:42 pm
Reply to  venus a-go-go

I’m a bit stumped on this too Venus, this is the part of my of chart Leo & Aqua reside over.

Baristagem
Baristagem
June 10, 2009 12:43 pm
Reply to  venus a-go-go

sorry… “only” part of my chart that has Leo & Aqua

venus a-go-go
venus a-go-go
June 10, 2009 3:43 pm
Reply to  venus a-go-go

I seem to have a few things in leo… but the South node in Aqua is pretty much it.
Does that mean I am not very eccentric? I will be disaapointed by this as I have always wanted to mooch around in a cravat and a red satin smoking jacket…

gem le taureau
gem le taureau
June 10, 2009 3:32 pm
Reply to  venus a-go-go

I’m north in 11th in leo lovely. I think we have some very similar astro!

venus a-go-go
venus a-go-go
June 10, 2009 3:41 pm
Reply to  gem le taureau

HELLO LADY!
Where have you been? Or have I not been paying attention…
*strokes chin thoughtfully*
I think you might be right there

gem le taureau
gem le taureau
June 10, 2009 6:26 pm
Reply to  venus a-go-go

Oh goodness I’ve been harnessing the turbo power of Taurus and getting multiple exhibitions printed, advertised and even did an interview on ABC radio in Bris today for an exhibition opening on Saturday. Sheesh its been busy but oh so worth it! That be totally leo north career career go go go right sister? So haven’t had even a chance to log on at all in the last little while. And to be honest there was a little bit of a teenage blog takeover which made me a bit reluctant to post (I’m asking for it saying that right?!?!). But… Read more »

June 10, 2009 9:59 pm
Reply to  gem le taureau

HA! Good to see ya gems, I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering where you’d wandered off to! 🙂

venus a-go-go
venus a-go-go
June 12, 2009 9:44 am
Reply to  gem le taureau

WOW! That all sounds so fantastic (and worth it)!
An interview? You think you aced it?
Am a little envious as I have been spending what feels like forever putting stuff out into the universe… now waiting for stuff to come back.
Nice to have you back, tho:)

Lexicorn
Lexicorn
June 9, 2009 11:21 am

More 12th House issues! It never ends with me. My North Node is a 12th house node. But what I’m wondering is if it is significant having North Node and Ascendant in same sign? I have ’em both in Virgo…?

June 9, 2009 11:09 am

Mystic, that collage reminds me of the I Spy Fantasy books. Would be a good one to hang in a waiting room.

visual toro
visual toro
June 9, 2009 10:59 am

Is True node = North node? Then, it’s 13 Gemini, 11th house. I feel an urgent desire to find ‘home’ after too much wandering around the world.

Lynne
Lynne
November 19, 2018 6:37 am
Reply to  visual toro

Your north node in the 11th house opposite 5th is on the north node of Uranus, the 11th house is Uranus naturally so, always moving, always exciting, looking for home. Lots of Aquarian friends? possibly lots of social media friends? The Nodes have finished now opposite Aquarius, I find things completely reverse every 9 years.

ariel
ariel
June 9, 2009 10:48 am

Why does astrodienst show both my south & north nodes as being aries? I am confused. Strangely i do feel quite comfortable with the moon & ninth house things, which is where aries falls in my chart, but not so much the friendship & social interaction signified by libra in the third. So I assume it’s Libra I should be working towards just because I feel like I’m starting from a more Arien position…

June 9, 2009 10:54 am
Reply to  ariel

ariel, astrodienst will show the North Node (true node) and the Mean Node in Aries, but doesn’t indicate the South Node in the tables or on the charts. The South Node is always exactly opposite the North Node. Disregard the ‘mean node’ as it gets confusing. OK?

ariel
ariel
June 9, 2009 11:03 am

Ah ok, I must be getting ahead of myself then! Not as sorted on those arien things as I might imagine! Thanks.

lib rising ramzilla
lib rising ramzilla
June 9, 2009 4:48 pm

oh thank the lord for TA. I was just on astrodienst and all i could see was “true node” and was wondering if this was the south or north. so now i know it’s north… mine is 24 degrees libra in 1st house (asc is 8’53 lib). which would make south node in 24 aries in 7th right? & my sun 15’24 aries in 7th… good lord i tells ya, with all this libra in the aries house and aries in the libra house, this poor girl is totally confused about whether she is meant to be a lone ranger… Read more »

taurean with the HMBOTS
taurean with the HMBOTS
June 9, 2009 10:25 pm

yes, i was just struggling with what was truenode, so thank you thank you TA! (and FF!, can never have too many helpful peeps with the knowledge!)

i’ve north node, aqua, 8th . so is south node leo, 2nd? what does that mean? that i should aim for spiritual enlightenment? i’ve always avoided that sort of stuff (all a bit embarrassing really if you know what i mean!) and gone for the practical

this stuff is sooooo complicated, so many variables, how do you ever get your head around it, (sobs in frustration!)

June 9, 2009 11:00 am
Reply to  ariel

ariel the charts on astrodienst only show the north node referred to as true node.

June 9, 2009 11:02 am
Reply to  fluid feline

Whoops didn’t see that reply TA, my fingers are so frozen it takes me forever to type!

ariel
ariel
June 9, 2009 11:14 am
Reply to  fluid feline

Thanks for taking the trouble also, fluid. whoop aries!

olyalya
olyalya
June 9, 2009 10:47 am

I have a North Node in 7th house, and I DO find that ALL my relationships have a massive transformative impact on me. Also north node conjuncts Venus at O,13 degrees and both Venus and North Node are in the 7th house. I am extremely idealistic in all of my relationships.

Mind you I also love being alone so I am not co-dependent, which is what Taurus node denotes.

June 9, 2009 10:35 am

I’ve a great book by Jan Spiller which is all about the Nodes… curently AWOL from my bookshelf otherwise I might quote some of it for you all. *sigh* now wracking brains about who I’ve passed the book on to. my NN is 29’47 Pisces (aka minutes from the Aries Point) in my tenth house… apparently I should have some kind of career as a mystic (not a Mystic, of course, there’s only One), espesh as my tenth house ruler is in the sixth house (Neptune in Scorpio)… depth psychology also fits. Having a career at all is just soooooo… Read more »

June 9, 2009 10:36 am

oh yeah, am having an Uranus transit to the Nodes at present, whatever that portends 😯

unpredictable pisces
unpredictable pisces
June 9, 2009 12:27 pm

TA i love that little face (and your nodal comments), how do you do the face?!

love, trivial pisces

June 9, 2009 12:32 pm

lol UP, its an eight dash capital O 😯

unpredictable pisces
unpredictable pisces
June 9, 2009 9:47 pm

8-o

unpredictable pisces
unpredictable pisces
June 9, 2009 9:47 pm

DOH! 😯

June 9, 2009 10:57 am

oh, moment of revelation, Mystic… south node at the end of Virgo conjunct Uranus at 0 Libra (exactly aspecting Mercury at 0 Gemini) – makes me prone to spend hours and hours writing guff on other people’s blogs rather than writing my OWN, lol. Argh! now logging off!!

cheshire cap
cheshire cap
June 9, 2009 11:36 am

TA, your hours spent here are so not wasted. You’re often such a help and you always give good advice and your kindness shines through. Excelling at something doesn’t necessarily mean this this is your career or money making tool. Sometimes a career is just the means to supply what’s required for you to follow your real talent area. I taught my kids that a job is to support your life but isn’t your life. If you make your career/job your whole life, you’re heading for disappointment. Few peeps are fortunate enough to love and be totally absorbed in their… Read more »

unpredictable pisces
unpredictable pisces
June 9, 2009 12:31 pm
Reply to  cheshire cap

you think CC? i’m not so sure, for myself at least – something that takes a chunk of 45+ hours a week out of our lives (and the nice sunny part of most days) I believe has to count for *something*. Otherwise dragging yourself out of bed to do something you have no passion for, it doesn’t take you anywhere. I want to love my work (maybe that’s Venus in the 10th for you!), i would work all hours non stop if it was my passion. At least that’s how I feel atm..

June 9, 2009 12:40 pm
Reply to  cheshire cap

thanks Chesh 😳 I’m struggling a bit with the notion of having to have a ‘career’ (outside of the work I do with my family) as I feel that puts me in the position of having to be both mother and father to my children, not to mention having to make a commitment to a vocation (and with Pisces MC that ain’t easy!) … have you read Thomas Moore’s book ‘A Life at Work’ ? Its so true that for most a job is a means to an end – but what if in a new paradigm of work we… Read more »

June 9, 2009 2:33 pm

oooooh MORE cool emoticons *jealous*

I can’t even make the one that laughs 🙁

June 9, 2009 2:35 pm

Prowlncat – Uber posted a link earlier today which has all the wordpress emoticons – http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Smilies

June 9, 2009 3:18 pm

thanx TA! :mrgreen:

saggigal
saggigal
June 9, 2009 4:17 pm
Reply to  cheshire cap

I’ve always followed the idea that a job is a means to an end- for finances, security etc- but that a career means your vocation. in this way, being a mother can be a career, and/or people can have numerous strands of their career happening simultaneously (multi-layered/multi-directional), but it still all falls under the broader vocation they have.

not everyone is fortunate enough to merge their ‘job’ with their ‘career’ more broadly, but it’s something to i aim for- not to make it your life, but to be spending your time and energy contributing with the talents you have.

Link
Link
June 9, 2009 10:05 am

This is great MM–an endless source of information. I knew my north node was in Kataka and knew I should be nurturing it, but hadn’t made the connection with it being in the–7th. Gagh. ‘Tis true, relationships have been good for growth and annihilation. Sigh. Do relationships with my animals count? I wonder (hopefully), as I’ve pretty much given up on the homosapien variety.

sweet sanity
sweet sanity
June 9, 2009 9:56 am

This blows my mind…. just like that psychadelic artwork by Hilary Pecis! I always get so excited when going online, in anticipation to see what treasure you have found for us, Mystic!

Having a dilema with the nodes. North Node = in Virgo 7th house, which should mean Pisces = 1st house for Sth Node? But I have Aqua ascendant??? I know you are still all checking out the baby chart blog (me being sans offspring is here), but would really appreciate it if anyone could shed some light?
:0?

saggigal
saggigal
June 9, 2009 9:59 am
Reply to  sweet sanity

hey sweet sanity, i have a similar thing- my rising sign is aries, but very very late aries, so most of my aries is actually in 12th. a bit confusing sometimes.

June 9, 2009 10:40 am
Reply to  sweet sanity

sweet sanity don’t worry about where your ascendant is for the purposes of exploring the Nodes… if your NN is in Virgo in the seventh then your SN is absolutely opposite it, so yes, in Pisces in the first…. and how nice! You must be quite at home with yourself, and be quite surrendered and dreamy, non? Surely this will bode very well for relationships (your NN)??

sweet sanity
sweet sanity
June 9, 2009 11:00 am

Oh wow!! Thanks a million Taurean Alchemist. You completely sorted me out. Extreme Dream Machine might have to be my new Avatar.
Thanks Saggigal, yep, sometimes confusing, but wonderful when tres talented people are so lovey as to help me out :0}

saggigal
saggigal
June 9, 2009 9:43 am

i love learning about the nodes, and finding out about my north node placement (North node conjunct pluto in libra in the 6th- destiny of healing/service with great purpose, i think is how mystic described it to me- apologies if i got that wrong mystic). But am more stumped on the south node. it’s in Aries in the 12th, an odd little contradictory coupling. does this mean i am most comfortable being very forthright, action oriented re: learning about subconscious, dreams, inner life? (this would def. fit if so). or something else?
thanks for another astro lesson, mystic! x

Edwina
Edwina
June 9, 2009 10:11 am
Reply to  saggigal

Hi Saggigal, aries in the 12th is definitely an odd little lesson – perhaps you can get drawn into your subconscious, dream world – aries can be very enthusiastic, bombastic energy that can be very all encompassing, and even a little self centred…. do you really throw yourself into your occult studies? I also have the aries in the south node/libra in the north node coupling (although the coupling is 11 and 5 respectively, and i have mars/venus conjunct in aries – really oomphing up my south node…..so easy to feel powerful in my south node expression) the stuff i… Read more »

saggigal
saggigal
June 9, 2009 10:28 am
Reply to  Edwina

thanks edwina, that certainly rings true, though more psychological studies than occult (with sun in the 8th i try to actually err on the side of less occult rather than more or i get overloaded). but definitely approach dream analysis, therapy with gusto… the libra-aries tension/balance is also something i’ve wondered about, though no, i doubt am headed towards a career in spiritual healing, but i am in a profession that is all about service (when it’s at it’s best) and i know that when i am pushed to be ‘out’ of myself (ie, attention devoted to something else, someone… Read more »