Neptunia

Japanese modern art waves mermaidNeptune Stationing Retrograde sends a surge of spooky shamanic Neptune rays into the atmosphere, conjuring up magic and ghosts. There are nebulous goo-goo psychic rays all over the place.

It is super energy for divination, psychic work & magical synchronicity. A soul atmosphere pervades many a relationship as this is officially an astro-signature of soulmates. But it’s also unrequited love, potential delusion and a shocker of a time to get drunk or do Neptunian substances. Peeps are highly sensitive. It is ultra-deluxe astro-weirding. Engage intuitive powers at full strength & beware Lower Neptunian types. They’ll be way more off-planet than even their usual shifty little grifting strange selves. Keep a grip. Do haute Neptune. Observe your heightened dreamscape!

“Neptune presides over the oceanic realms of dreams, imagination, vision and myth, inspiring in us the poetry, art and music that bring conscious kinship alive in our community. The Zulu word for sleep is butongo which means ‘the state of being one with the star gods’. When we sleep, we restore our memory of kinship with higher forces.

But when we enter the illusory waking world, we forget. One way to carry the memory of kinship into the waking world is through the arts. The earliest word for dream (from the Old English word drieman) also meant to make music, which invites the notion that making music is a way of dreaming the world into being. Neptune is the part of us that sleeps, dreams, creates myths, then makes music and art to bring those myths alive.”

Caroline Casey from  Making The Gods Work For You.

Neptune stationing Retrograde is not super-important in itself – Neptune spends nearly half the year Retrograde. But the 48 hours around this event are magical and also when you need to be on guard against any slippery tendencies.

5 2 votes

June 1, 2009 8:49 am

For the role of Jeff Buckley, my money is on Rob Pattinson. He has Sun/Merc in Taurus trine Mars in Cap sextile Jupiter in Pisces trine Moon in Kataka. Lots of earth and water like JB. He is a musician at heart with a soulful music style. I think he could carry it off, and with Mars in Capricorn he wouldn’t be happy with anything less than perfection.

June 1, 2009 8:52 am
Reply to  fluid feline

Oh and he has Neptune in Cap exact sextile Pluto in Scorp!

May 29, 2009 3:44 pm

“Neptune is the part of us that sleeps, dreams, creates myths, then makes music and art to bring those myths alive.” Thank you Jeff Buckley.

May 29, 2009 3:30 pm

How’s this for Neptunian. Today is the 12th anniversary of Jeff Buckley’s passing from this world, acknowledged as one of the all time great musicians. He was born on 17 Nov 1966 in Anaheim California and was total Neptunian – Sun/Neptune/Mercury/Venus close conj in Scorp trine Chiron/Saturn and Lillith in pisces opposite Pluto/Mars/Uranus conj in Virgo trine Moon in Cap. His NN was Taurus. His natal chart is quite harmonious with no squares and heaps of trines and sextiles. When he died on 29 May 1997 his progressed moon was conj transiting Moon in Pisces and transiting Jupiter in Aqua… Read more »

scorpalicious robot
scorpalicious robot
May 29, 2009 4:04 pm
Reply to  fluid feline

thanks for posting that. I was wondering were his Neptune was after your comment below.

I was absolutely blessed to have seen him when he first toured in Oz back in 1995. Best concert i have EVER been to (and i’ve been to many). Usually after concerts peeps walk out talking and raving about how great it all was but not after this concert… everyone was speechless. I’m not kidding… total silence. Like they had just witnessed god on stage…. or something magical at least. Very neptunian indeed.

died by drowning… i know… such a waste.

May 29, 2009 4:13 pm

I sadly wasn’t aware of him in 1995, you are very lucky to have had that experience. In pictures of him he has soulful scorp/neptune brown eyes you feel you could drown in but it is music – words can’t describe – sublime.

Ãœber Virgo
Ãœber Virgo
May 31, 2009 12:17 pm
Reply to  fluid feline

So sad. I adored that guy. He did the best version of Cohen’s Hallelujah. Elvis Costello was raving about him on the Rufus Wainright episode of Spectacle. He remind me of Mozart and Shubert who both died far far too young.

May 31, 2009 4:54 pm
Reply to  Ãœber Virgo

Strangely I read in today’s paper that they are doing a movie about his life. It will be overseen by his mother Mary Guibert and actors Jared Leto, James Franco, Robert Pattinson and James Marsden are interested. It would be a very difficult role to get right. I agree Uber about Hallelujah – it would have to be my all time favourite song.

May 29, 2009 2:01 pm

constance I am off to check out that book right now…. 🙂

Baristagem
Baristagem
May 29, 2009 1:31 pm

Interesting guys, I am at the moment having some issues with my older siblings brother (virgo) & sister (Lib) and they don’t even know it! The thing is we lost our parents when we were young (I’m the youngest, brother 3 years older, sister 9 years older) & since then we haven’t been in the same room all together for 20 years. Anyway lots of things have gone unspoken & I’m really upset with my older siblings as they have never been around for me. I have needed them growing up & they were never there. Now that I’m grown… Read more »

Edwina
Edwina
May 29, 2009 1:07 pm

Cute thoughts CC

Edwina
Edwina
May 29, 2009 12:32 pm

Here are my thoughts Baristagem – 3H is communication and siblings so….

dreamy, fanciful communication style? or perhaps you communicate through beautiful artistic images (floaty watercolour paintings…?)

or maybe deep special connection with siblings?

clairvoyant? (reading the other world…)

Just ideas, just learning this beautiful language

Baristagem
Baristagem
May 29, 2009 11:31 am

Have Neptune in the 3rd & sagg, I have no idea what that means. I have had the strangest dreams in last few days & as strange as they are actually very insightful. Very bizarre as I haven’t had this before & am finding it very helpful in sifting through past stuff. If Mystic hadn’t mentioned this I would have not been prepared for the weirdness but since she put it out here I was ready for anything.

May 29, 2009 12:58 pm
Reply to  Baristagem

or could simply mean neptunian siblings….or taking a ferry to work or for short trips

pegasus
pegasus
May 28, 2009 4:57 pm

My Neptune is in Libra in the 10th house. last night dreamt of a badly decayed (no roof) bluestone large house that i lived in whenst very young. A handsome man had bought it & wanted to restore it. I said he couldn’t as it belonged to me. Then the most amazing cat appeared exactly same colours & stripes as i tiger, but was a domestic. Not sure who impressed me the most, the strong attractive man or the pussycat ‘of my dream’..so to speak. Happy dream, as would like the bluestone back with the man & cat included! Mattie,… Read more »

May 28, 2009 6:30 pm
Reply to  pegasus

brilliant wardrobe advice Pegasus! and I have just the thing! 🙂

May 29, 2009 12:19 am
Reply to  pegasus

Pegs….interesting dream when your in the midst of relocating. How’s it progressing? To dream of a house is to see your life. As the house was familiar and part of your childhood, I think it means that some past choice about having a man repair your life or go wild an free i.e. the tigerish cat, was a good choice and you’re tamed the tiger. It was a happy dream so it sounds like you’ve been given the nod about your relocation and it’s ok to want it all. I so hope your life and house reconstruction gives it all… Read more »

May 30, 2009 1:14 am
Reply to  pegasus

my neptune is in Libra and in 10th too Pegs

prowlncat
prowlncat
May 28, 2009 12:12 pm

I’ve got Neptune in Sag in the 6th and retro … and exact 0 degress. How many exact orbs are in my chart??? Like …. 4 or something.

Anyhoo, I dunno what that means at all. Maybe that my space cadet tendancies will one day be of service to humanity? … DB also has it in the 6th and retro but in Scorp – it did feel fated, at the start anyway. But I’m not really that au fait with Neptune.

Edwina
Edwina
May 28, 2009 9:30 am

And we clash about saggi taurus things as you can imagine…….but i have saggi moon and he has a whole swag of planets in the second house

Edwina
Edwina
May 28, 2009 9:29 am

An amazing russian woman did my chart and my lovers chart when i was 19 (we are still together 13 yrs later) – she said that the really binding, mystical soul mate basis of our connection was neptune – I have it right at the start of my 7th house and my husband has it in the same position, conjunct with his sun in his second house……..and there has always felt like something magical in our connection, which on the face of it should not really work (i am taurus and he is a saggi)

venus a-go-go
venus a-go-go
May 27, 2009 8:35 pm

Feels a little like this?

Ãœber Virgo
Ãœber Virgo
May 27, 2009 11:43 pm
Reply to  venus a-go-go

Gorgeous.

Blossom
Blossom
May 27, 2009 8:18 pm

I don’t seem to do dreams in the normal sense, but at the moment I’m having very involved daytime fantasies/dreams involving the ex-Aquarian. I have neptune in scorp in the 2nd trining moon in cancer and chiron in pisces. Neptune is now exactly over my vertex. The Aquarians’ vertex is right on top of my natal neptune, so is trining my moon and chiron. Kim F has a lot of interesting stuff on this. Would I be right in thinking that this neptune transit is triggering the fated karma feeling? Just to make things more interesting, my natal eros is… Read more »

May 27, 2009 9:15 pm
Reply to  Blossom

Bloss – I too have a grand water trine involving Chiron (fish), Moon (kataka)and Neptune (scorp). Can’t comment on the Aqua’s vertex except the Neptune connection can be either nebulous or sublime. I agree with Kim F on the fated/karma feeling. OMG the Eros thing is too much for me to take in – definitely blowing out the late May aqua weirding. I’d love to hear about it in retro when you absorb it all. My aqua weirding is taking place in my 12th house (late degrees, so can’t wait for 1st house manifestation); I’ve grokked so much about the… Read more »

May 28, 2009 9:19 am
Reply to  fluid feline

Should have added the current aqua weirding is conjunct my progressed moon in the 12th.

venus a-go-go
venus a-go-go
May 27, 2009 8:12 pm

Something strange is afoot in the Circle K….

… I think I am over thinking stuff…

May 27, 2009 7:44 pm

Ive always wondered how you’d spell that, thanks Myst x

May 27, 2009 6:36 pm

My current astro is neptune conj chiron, and jup conj chiron, (and must mean Jup is conj nept?)while mars is sextile chiron, feeling calm, deep, and looking forward to the future, while attempting to manifest some healing energy, loving it..

May 27, 2009 7:08 pm

..while watching my gemini five year old on the laptop, searching youtube for ‘cheat’ videos, so he can ‘learn’ the sequences in adventure games and increase his virtual $ to buy stuff….. like a disco floor for his new igloo style home where he and his ‘puffels’ have there own space away from the action.?…

May 27, 2009 7:10 pm

omg my brother went spastic on that site for like a month — club penguin no??? — god help u , it took me 3 hours a day to try n get him off the computer

May 27, 2009 7:20 pm

yes Matthew, membership has had its virtual rewards for him..surfboards, vehicles, a variety of outfits, friends, and array of awards on the wall, near the fireplace…which is pretty difficult when you live in an igloo ?

Poptropica though is the current game de jour…weening him off his penguin buddies as we speak..

May 27, 2009 7:22 pm

HAHAHAHA good luck!
well my cousins are now glued to the thing haha — its a fase that will “eventually” pass. hehe

Anonymous
Anonymous
May 27, 2009 7:53 pm

hilarious – I wanted to make wallpaper and fabrics to sell in the 2nd world – I know “1st world” peeps who make muchos $$$ doing it – but I had no idea there were children’s “2nd lives” as well. Where does one go to see the igloos etc? LOL – are there stuffed “animals” to hang on the walls? There’s someone on etsy who sells felted “animal” trophies mounted on wooden plaques – very funny. Do your kids have PS3 Davidl? Little big planet is fantastique – so much fun. We discovered whenever we changed our appearances that we… Read more »

May 28, 2009 12:28 pm

Penguin Club is the game, its very cute..I love hawaiian shirts and full colour clothing.

unpredictable pisces
unpredictable pisces
May 27, 2009 6:34 pm

i love that artist whose painting you have posted Mystic. how on earth did you find her? love love love and have emailed to see how i can buy her stuff.

May 27, 2009 6:58 pm

Not to sure if you’ve noticed (but its pretty obvious so u probably have! 🙂 ) – its japanese orientated — im studing japanese atm and i can read the background “SAAFU” or surf — and the arm tatto i can only decifer “one” and “sea”
matt

Ãœber Virgo
Ãœber Virgo
May 27, 2009 7:49 pm

arai nami – wild waves

May 27, 2009 7:13 pm

She’d be a great fabric designer..love the colours..

May 27, 2009 6:33 pm

now I’ll go feed the pets and read my cards

Anonymous
Anonymous
May 27, 2009 4:32 pm

drieman drieman drieman there are more mad people on the street at the moment – yelling at themselves – people lurching out of the shadows to chat – it’s all rhetorical just smile and nod I have been – call them sir and ma’am smile gently and they feel you bear them no ill will and will see no reason to linger or begrudge you it you leave before they are finished. It’s the man at my door who shakes his head and says farkin … something bitch at me whenever he sees me. Mars venus gave me a nudge… Read more »

Lexicon_Limbo
Lexicon_Limbo
May 27, 2009 4:17 pm

I tried the mugwort under my pillow on Monday night – had such intense dreaming! I was in a huge gothic mansion (I think this was inspired by the article I read re: The Abbey in Annandale being for sale) and trying to find a toilet to use but every toilet I found had something wrong with it. Of course, I woke up madly needing to pee. Last night had the mugwort under pillow again & ANOTHER toilet dream. A faulty collapsible chair toilet & to get to the other toilet I had to step into flooded dirty water in… Read more »

May 27, 2009 4:22 pm
Reply to  Lexicon_Limbo

hmm.,…
i have learnt to conciously dream – it took me months but i did it! hmm why not place urself in an area but close to or in conversation with a plumber lol or something!

unpredictable pisces
unpredictable pisces
May 27, 2009 4:39 pm
Reply to  Lexicon_Limbo

toilets – letting something out / go that you no longer need? something to do with lower chakras maybe? elimination of something that has served its purpose, that you have digested. i mean that’s pretty literal but maybe you could say to yourself, ‘i now let go of / release that which has served its purpose.’ as you are going to sleep. or ‘i find the perfect way to let go of those parts of me that i have digested and now release’ or something. just a thought that occurred to me…

Lexicon_Limbo
Lexicon_Limbo
May 27, 2009 4:49 pm

Thanks for your suggestions UP. Am perplexed as to what it might be, really can’t sense what I may need to eliminate but am sure it will make itself known. I realised today, after this last dark moon, I have come to a point of such utter clarity and awareness. I’m enjoying it!

May 27, 2009 4:07 pm

I read in the Venus page posted by Mystic that Venus square Neptune in natal chart means music so I guess music is part of my soul. With all this astro drifting and dreaming I think today I’m Handel’s Largo

May 27, 2009 4:11 pm
Reply to  cheshire cap

hahaha
ive got lets see… hmm Neptune in my 11th house (capricorn) which is conjunct with uranus and sextile MidHeaven (Scorpio)
Matt

May 27, 2009 8:57 pm
Reply to  cheshire cap

which reminds me I’m going to see Verdi’s Requiem with a new guy (astro as yet undiscovered) on Friday nite…

Ãœber Virgo
Ãœber Virgo
May 27, 2009 9:33 pm

That’s a helluva first date.

May 28, 2009 8:19 am
Reply to  Ãœber Virgo

i know yeah sheeessh
wow HAVE FUN! 🙂

May 28, 2009 1:24 pm
Reply to  Ãœber Virgo

what to wear?? ummm…??

May 28, 2009 1:53 pm

Verdi’s Requiem….mmmmm…..Black and mysterious? Or do the opposite and wear virginal white, it is the Chinese cultural colour of mourning

May 28, 2009 6:00 pm

I have a floor length cashmere coat – an armani – in midnight blue (that is, almost black)… last time I wore it CUB said I looked like a Vampyre (I took that as a compliment, although he surely didn’t mean it that way)… I think it might be appropriate, given the weather, if I can figure out what to wear underneath it!

Anonymous
Anonymous
May 28, 2009 9:02 pm

wear nothing and refuse to remove coat until he surrenders astro deets

May 28, 2009 11:59 pm

WOW!!! TA with a coat like that DOES IT MATTER!!!! I have a calf length black velvet with a Clara Bow-esque collar and have had vampire comments but I prefer the Vamp bit 🙂 When I wear it I feel like Greta Garbo

May 29, 2009 7:17 am

uh oh, I just discovered, from the guy’s facebook profile, that he’s an aries.. well that explains the curly hair at least 🙂

May 29, 2009 11:16 am

TA if he’s Aries he could have lots of planets in Taurus

May 29, 2009 11:28 am

true chesh – and his birthday is April 1 so that puts his sun conjunct my Venus in Aries… I don’t know what year he was born in…

May 29, 2009 11:58 am

with Sun/Venus conj it should make for a happy evening Requiem or no. Is he a new contender?

May 30, 2009 9:38 am

well the opera was utterly sublime… not sure if he’s a contender or not. I certainly do not feel attracted in the manner of that bluddy CUB, dammit. But I read somewhere you need to date someone four times before you can feel that kinda sizzle. Or maybe that’s you need to date someone four times before you can discount them as a contender. *sigh* I had a lovely evening then dreamed all night that the guy was my support person as I gave birth to a baby born without pain, who said to me as I held her for… Read more »

May 30, 2009 10:16 am

woah TA that dream sounds prophetic with him helping you with all sorts of new starts. Does the “hello Mama” mean that you’re totally in control of the situation?

So pleased you had a happy time. Did you quiz him re astro?

May 30, 2009 10:41 am

thanks Chesh 🙂 yes we had a brief discussion re his astro – he actually knew that he has Aries Sun (sadly not conjunct my Venus as he put a different birthdate on his facebook profile), Aquarius ascendant and Moon in Cancer. With his love for opera though I think he must have some strong Taurean planets – he is actually getting opera training himself.

May 30, 2009 10:43 am

oh yes. I think the ‘hello Mama’ is more related to the work I’ve been doing – writing the book about parenting etc (related to what is on my blog)

Ãœber Virgo
Ãœber Virgo
May 31, 2009 12:10 pm

I remember some dude (or is that dud) saying to me after a first ‘date’, ‘it’s great to meet new people who are nice and everything, but whaddya do when there’s no spark?’

My reply, through gritted teeth, ‘you rub two sticks together’.

That went nowhere, and it’s probably just as well, but my point is, sparks aren’t always instantaneous.

May 27, 2009 4:03 pm

ohh love this — ive got a drama performance tomorow night = neptune is sure to help! Im loving this vibe =- like today i had full in depth talk with my class bout spirituality and astrology ect. they were looking at me in awe like theve never even heard of the stuff :S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i was like omg and this .. and that and it all interconnects and …
wow