Astrology, Fashion and Virgos

Fashion and Virgos

Fashion and Virgos

The most over-represented sign of the Zodiac in the fashion industry? Virgos.  When you think about it, it makes sense. It’s an industry that is fast moving enough to satisfy a Mutable sign and heavy on the nuance.

Fashion is perfect for workaholic details freaks. They get paid for obsessing over hemlines, the contemporary relevance of a model’s new bangs, detailing on handbags, the nuances of breaking trends and font. It’s delineating everything, again and again, non-stop. It’s ultra-Virgo!

Here are some representative Fashion and Virgo’s quotes.

“…That’s why I sleep alone. My hair is curly, and that’s why I have my ponytail. I look like a madman, like something out of a horror movie! But I’m very impeccable and clean before I go to bed. It’s just like right before I’m going out. When I was a child, my mother always told me that you could wake up in the middle of the night and be deathly sick, so you always have to be impeccable. I laugh about it now, but I think everyone should go to bed like they have a date at the door….”

Karl Lagerfeld in Interview Magazine

Fashion is the ultimate career for workaholic details freaks.

I like clean, clean, clean, clean. It’s my new Zen attitude, you know? The less you have, the more you enjoy.”

Carine Roitfeld – She is renowned for phobia of clutter.

“Our C.E.O. is a Virgo like myself. We are always saying, keep it moving, keep it moving.”

Rachel Zoe

”’I’m a Virgo, so I see all the problems.’  As usual, he was obsessive about the store’s decor. He moved a white stool; he worried that the handrail would give shoppers splinters and he set little marks on the stereo volume so the music would provide the proper ambiance.”

Budgeting Every Minute Of The Day

Tom Ford

“I religiously label all my shoe boxes.”

Claudia Schiffer.

“… Tom Ford is nervous about almost everything, sleeping only a few hours a night, budgeting every minute of the day. ‘I’m a Virgo,’ he explains. ‘Virgos tend to make things look easy because we are perfectionists, so people think, “Oh, there’s not much there”, because I’ve made it look easy, but that’s not the case.’…”

“…I throw everything away!’ Karl Lagerfeld declared.’ The most important piece of furniture in a house is the garbage can! I keep no archives of my own, no sketches, no photos, no clothes – nothing! I am supposed to do; I’m not supposed to remember!’ He smoothed a gloved hand over the empty page in front of him and visibly relaxed. “

“…At 45, Ford is still the only handsome male fashion designer, with perfect stubble, manicured nails, and not an ounce of fat: ‘When my clothes are getting tight, that’s not a sign to me that I need to go to another size – it’s a reminder that I have to stop eating, or suffer,’ he explains. He has been scrutinized for signs of a toupee, Restylane, and lifted shoes. However, the Tom Ford chest hair remains in fine form, a forest of manliness barely concealed by a polo shirt, usually with merely three or four buttons undone….
‘I am my own muse,’ he says.”

Fashion and Virgos

Image: Helmut Newton

Bottom Image: Rachel Zoe

olyalya
olyalya
November 16, 2009 2:35 pm

Virgos are more kinky then scorpios….dare I say that….. yes yes they are

pegasus
pegasus
May 31, 2009 12:13 am

Myst, while you are around this time of eve & i have downloading almost all of NASA pix, came across a personage called Dovid Krafchow on You Tube under 2012 Explained. He’s described a Jewish Bohemian Tarot Kabbalist. Long curly silver almost d-locks & very long white beard, yup looks like a GODGURU, interesting stuff ’bout numbers, dates language etc. he was mesmerising:) Change to your closest Pilates studio…energy follows thought remember,or do you have unfinished biz with the Neptunian Uranian? ‘don’t stoop to pick up nothing’….ooops sound like my Mother! You have a wealthy/substantial M A N coming to… Read more »

scorpalicious robot
scorpalicious robot
May 31, 2009 11:28 am
Reply to  pegasus

‘don’t stoop to pick up nothing’ :ol:

LOVE it peg!!

xox rockstar libran publicist xox
xox rockstar libran publicist xox
May 30, 2009 7:37 pm

most influential Virgo in my life, a former internationa super model, throws EVERYTHING out! no modeling portfolio. not even an comp card. kept not one shred of editorial in Italian Vogue. Now she runs esteem building workshops, guised as beauty workshops for teen girls. as well as occasionally be seen on those ‘make me a super model’ shows or fashion week behind the scenes – producing shows. I bet if her husband taped it she’d chuck that as well!!. she, curiosly, introduced me to magic & ‘the other worldly’………. As for you & the U Mystic…..hmm who wldnt spring back… Read more »

xox rockstar libran publicist xox
xox rockstar libran publicist xox
May 30, 2009 7:49 pm

oops last line destined for nxt page……..

matthew-minerva
matthew-minerva
May 30, 2009 7:20 pm

” He makes me feel like i 14.” and i ask you mystic what wrong with being 14! lol jokes jokes! i was happy yet surprised that you came out of your “writing/editing” period/ VACATION FROM US! hehehe
Matt
x

Ãœber Virgo
Ãœber Virgo
May 31, 2009 12:26 pm

A LOT, but flu vax have such limited efficacy that I’ve seen, and I don’t know how they’re going to get around trialling it. I suppose they’ll skip that step and deal with the side effects fall out later. Best flu prevention is to boost immunity/qi, i.e stop eating crap and imbibing substances, sleep, relax, breathe, exercise and stay warm and dry.

scorpalicious robot
scorpalicious robot
May 30, 2009 8:44 pm

sounds like the Uranus energy stronger than Relationship Exorcist?
If i saw an ex making goo goo eyes with someone who looked like they didn’t wash – EVER, well that would be the final nail in the coffin for me and i would change gyms!… no that i even go to gyms. I just walk a lot.

May 30, 2009 10:46 pm

please change your gym Mystic. That’s were you seem to run into him constantly. Let him come and find you and if he doesn’t, he’s the dh he seems to be and you deserve so much better.

Sweetpea
Sweetpea
May 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Funny Mystic…

Could you lug the weight toward his head perhaps? 🙂

May 30, 2009 5:17 pm
Reply to  Sweetpea

mmmm form what Mystic’s said it’s a big enough target…………..

The Leo Socialite
The Leo Socialite
May 30, 2009 2:08 pm

I am convinced that Tom Ford would turn for me. I love his work ethic and flair. He looks divine. I feel as if I understand him. The white patchouli perfume he chanelled for me and me alone though he does not know it yet.

prowlncat
prowlncat
May 30, 2009 1:22 pm

on a lighter note … Tom Ford just proves why Virgo men are soooooooo damn SEXY gaarrrrrrr *dribble* … I could never actually go out with another one again they. The obsessive nitpicking detail oriented control freakishness drives me bats, but they’re lovely to look at.

pegasus
pegasus
May 30, 2009 11:06 am

Must say that i’m surprised by the amount of women attracted to Iranian Men.
It always ends in tears.
Did have a few Muslim boyfriends when i lived sth east asia & they were delightful,
but absolutley no thought of marriage OR importing them.

May 30, 2009 11:33 am
Reply to  pegasus

pega thankfully I wasn’t involved with these men except socially. I felt sorry for their partners. Only one of the three relationships is still together and it’s on shaky ground. One of the Iranians was married to a sweet lady GP but was violent. He served time and was deported.

prowlncat
prowlncat
May 30, 2009 1:18 pm
Reply to  pegasus

and considering the current ethnic climate they are revoltingly racist in my experience – seriously believe they are a superior race of human being. Which is why I am incredulous when they carry on about anglo-Aussies being racist.

Sweetpea
Sweetpea
May 30, 2009 7:53 am

“…I throw everything away!’ Karl Lagerfeld declared.’ The most important piece of furniture in a house is the garbage can! I keep no archives of my own, no sketches, no photos, no clothes – nothing! I am supposed to do, I’m not supposed to remember!’ He smoothed a gloved hand over the empty page in front of him and visibly relaxed. “ Wow, that’s nuts because my Cancerian Sun, Virgo Moon ex, threw everything away of my maternity clothes that were up in the rafters of our garage and, all the girls Barbies!! I would have thought a Cancer would… Read more »

Sweetpea
Sweetpea
May 30, 2009 8:00 am
Reply to  Sweetpea

Well, twenty years later I check on the lyrics and it’s

“You lift me up to the crucial top so I can see”

As an Aries, surely its shining and so a crystal door, if not a diamond…

May 30, 2009 10:01 am
Reply to  Sweetpea

Sweetpea from observation, Iranian men are controlling. I think it’s a cultural more than astro trait. Over the last few years I’ve had dealings with three of them and none were quite sane.

prowlncat
prowlncat
May 30, 2009 1:16 pm
Reply to  cheshire cap

I second that! I’ve only had dealings with one and that was quite enough.

Sweetpea
Sweetpea
May 30, 2009 4:55 pm
Reply to  cheshire cap

My observation is that is was a combo of the culture and the astrology (Virgo Moon) as the throwing out trait was quite pronounced along with other phobias – borderline OCDish… Know the maternity clothes and Barbies did sound gender biased…

“None were quite sane”…lol..

pegasus
pegasus
May 28, 2009 5:27 pm

And unless i tie up my hair, ponytail or pinned on top, i have The Worst BedHead ever, hence
don’t want to wake up to ANYONE.
So vain & proud..tsk.

pegasus
pegasus
May 28, 2009 5:24 pm

Oh yes, me too Prowlin! Do love the ‘negligée look, you know that beautiful crepe de chine or silk satin but strangle badly. Sleeping au naturelle is the best for your skin breathing & shedding. La Vierge, you obviously do not sleep alone! I am obliged to wear knickers to bed unfortunately, coz my little creature likes a pre-sleep run around bed & body with a chew on the T-shirt as well. Punkified by raggity holes. Needless to say i have no partner:) & delight in sleeping solo. Do love those 40’s 50’s movies, where the couple would dress for… Read more »

prowlncat
prowlncat
May 29, 2009 3:14 pm
Reply to  pegasus

peg do you get that thing where no matter how you tie the flippin cord on pyjama pants they either always end up in a knot in the morning, which is particularly troublesome if one is busting for a pee … or come undone in the middle of the night so they work their way down to your knees like some kind of pyjama bondage – which is fine if there’s someone there to play hanky panky pyjama bondage with, but not if you’re alone trying to disentangle oneself from strange pyjama bondage pose and trying to bloody sleep!!!! I… Read more »

May 29, 2009 3:49 pm
Reply to  pegasus

hehe I have PJs for visiting or for when I have platonic company and I do crawl into PJs if I’m having a veg morning or sulking……mostly sleep nekked

yep Pajama bondage is good— clap clap clap

prowlncat
prowlncat
May 28, 2009 12:02 pm

People actually wear stuff to bed???? hmmmm … I’m au naturale which could be due to Sag moon or just that everytime I wear anything I end up half strangling myself with it during the night, or wake up with one arm having managed to wiggle out of armhole ending up feeling as if I’m in a straightjacket or choking on a button or SOMETHING.

La Vierge
La Vierge
May 28, 2009 10:04 am

Do not agree with the awful outfit but definately agree with all the prep before bed. I am deoderised, perfumed, and scrubbed and cleansed and moisturised within an inch of my life before I go to bed. And don’t get me started on pj’s…..

Ãœber Virgo
Ãœber Virgo
May 28, 2009 11:10 am
Reply to  La Vierge

Don’t say you iron your pjs. Don’t!

Suddenly I feel faint…

Sweetpea
Sweetpea
May 28, 2009 6:16 am

Brought to mind a movie with Richard Gere…”Red Corner”…

Thus her hat and memory jog.. thought it was in Russia but was China…

He only had one ear phone though…

But crickey…be impeccalbe when going to sleep in case you are awakened, etc? Like you have a date at the door?

Freakin’ please.

It’s all I can do do brush my teeth and wash, tone, moisturize face.

Take me as I am because I’m not comin’ any other way…

The Leo Socialite
The Leo Socialite
May 27, 2009 11:54 pm

hey I am just in from a big dubs party and yet to be digested – food and the comments – but i think the commenters missing the point. It is not about the helmet and if mystic wanted to do a HELMET post,she would!!! I am getting – AND freaking out about him saying u go to bed dressing- EVERY NIGHT – as if for a date.. I half LOVE that and i HALf HATE it- i mean he is a VIRGO= a Leo would NOT do that. We have our secret Zone. I am too distracted/drunk to dwell… Read more »

xox rockstar libran publicist xox
xox rockstar libran publicist xox
May 29, 2009 1:18 am

is ‘dubs’, a suburb ref?
if not..do tell???
tho if so….I may tell 🙂

Ãœber Virgo
Ãœber Virgo
May 27, 2009 7:53 pm

Darn, I’ve tried to post the link twice but?

Anyway for a good Lagerfeld laugh go to gofugyourself and click on the Lagerfeld & Friends link. Total hoot inspired by the most whacked Virgo of all time.

Ãœber Virgo
Ãœber Virgo
May 27, 2009 11:32 pm
Reply to  Ãœber Virgo

Yes, blame merc retro for copping that link three times.

Matthew Minerva
Matthew Minerva
May 27, 2009 4:41 pm

hahah practical in a sense where the only time you would use it being the “costume party – that ended up not being a costume party but i dressed up anyway coz u didnt get the joke” type thing — me and my teenage sarcasim lol
matt

Buckle
Buckle
May 27, 2009 4:28 pm

I’d wear it. It’s an archaic brain-warming device.

Uber Virgo
Uber Virgo
May 27, 2009 4:23 pm

Lagerfeld is priceless, especially when he gets the fug treatment.

weathergirl
weathergirl
May 28, 2009 12:09 pm
Reply to  Uber Virgo

Oh. Thank you. Cried myself silly laughing.

did that make sense?

My favorite (among many, many candidates): “Embarrassment is the birthplace of lust, darling, and you are crowning. PUSH.”

Matthew Minerva
Matthew Minerva
May 27, 2009 4:06 pm

hahaha very virogan!

Matthew Minerva
Matthew Minerva
May 27, 2009 4:07 pm

but whats with the look on her face?? it looks like she just spotted John Howard in his bathing suit 😛 EWWW bad mental image!

May 27, 2009 4:10 pm

OMG…..if I was forced to wear that get-up I’d have the same expression

Matthew Minerva
Matthew Minerva
May 27, 2009 4:12 pm
Reply to  cheshire cap

HAHQAHAHAHA
TRUE VERY TRUE!

Uber Virgo
Uber Virgo
May 27, 2009 4:18 pm
Reply to  cheshire cap

It’s wise to wear protective head gear if one chooses to wear fur.

May 27, 2009 10:56 pm
Reply to  Uber Virgo

if that’s real fur, I’ll eat my merkin 😉

Ãœber Virgo
Ãœber Virgo
May 27, 2009 11:31 pm
Reply to  Uber Virgo

😯

You’re in trouble. It’s mink.