Pisces Gifts Problems Solved

Elizabeth Taylor in swimming pool holding a green parrot

Pisces gifts can be impossible. They always say they don’t want a thing, and then they are in denial about how unique their tastes are. Here, the solution!

Pisces people loudly proclaim not to give a shit about their birthdays. They are above the petty tyranny of time, their age, or anniversaries. And they hate formal occasions for any reason, let alone to mark the passage of time. Pisceans function best when they see themselves as timeless.

And while they love gifts, they hate being asked what they want. And their tastes are so fluid, who knows?  One moment they’re macrobiotic and the next Goth. You buy them the Tofu Vouchers they requested, but then they want only to drink gin on the grave of a recently rediscovered poet. They’re neon tonight, granite tomorrow. They claim to be scent fanatics but by the time you turn up with your barely available pre-WWI Guerlain decanted direct from Paris; the Piscean says they only wear Sweet Almond Oil with freshly squeezed lemon juice.

They’re Neon Tonight – Granite Tomorrow

Pisceans do not care for materialism, as such, you understand. They don’t bother with bling unless it is magical, surreal or invested with supernatural historical significance. Well, you might argue, how about a voucher for an experience? A massage, trip, night out? No! Pisces people most value time. A string of days with literally no appointments on them is heaven for Pisces. A gift voucher for an experience, no matter how desirable, will come across as an onerous obligation to this sign.

Solution: A Feng Shui envelope with cash in it. A Red, Chinese, Feng-Shui auspicious envelope with cash or coins in it. It meets the secret Pisces love of practical magic and cash-money. Add in a mysterious message or paragraph of poetry and your Pisces will be delighted.  If it seems too simple to solve your Pisces gifts problem, try it and see.

Chinese Feng Shui

Image: Helmut Newton

kriblack
kriblack
June 12, 2020 12:27 pm

Ha! This is so true. I have to confess that more than half of the gifts I receive go straight into the donation box the minute the gift giver has left the vicinity. Money is the most perfect gift. And YES about the experience being seen as obligation! Even tickets for events I buy for myself seem like a HUGE drag once the date rolls around. Ugh my favorite band is in town? But there will be people there and I’ll get home late and there’s a documentary about pelican migration I’ve been meaning to watch. The only way to… Read more »

12th house virgo
12th house virgo
June 25, 2012 2:32 am

So brilliantly written. Please consider – do a how to love for all the sun signs – maybe moon signs too..

picky fish
picky fish
March 12, 2009 9:47 pm

My partner went all romantic this year and bought me good chocolate and wine. Whilst any other year this would have been fine I was severley dissapointed that he did not read my mind and get me a HUGE FAMILY SIZE WATER PISTOL I wanted so desperately! I thought he should have known somehow.

fluid feline
fluid feline
March 9, 2009 9:37 pm

Both my parents are/were Pisceans and I could NEVER get them a gift that felt right but then again nothing I did felt right for those two. I have first house Saturn in Pisces on my ascendant so I guess I was a thorn in their side. I don’t like to remind people of my b’day even though I’m a Leo sun, and a;ways remember people’s b’days (everyone including frenemies).

spacedout pisces
spacedout pisces
March 9, 2009 8:02 pm

I thought it was a picture of Charlotte Church at first glance, shes a Pisces too.

Agree with Mystic. Time, age whatever lol

I got a Nag champa gift set for my birthday, the sticks where ok as usual, but the other smellies are all synthetic and yuk. I feel bad about telling my friend though!

Anonymous
Anonymous
March 9, 2009 9:59 pm

ummmm forgive me if this is in some way out of line but why tell them? Tell them how much you loved what you loved and skim over the other stuff or say you haven’t had a chance to go there yet… they don’t really need to know do they? They bought you a gift and you have a friend – some would say you are truly blessed.

xox rockstar libran publicist xox
xox rockstar libran publicist xox
March 9, 2009 3:39 pm

Mystic – is the unrealistic outfit pic from a Pirelli Calendar? I know it but cant place it………

scorpalicious robot
scorpalicious robot
March 9, 2009 8:54 pm

just Helmut Newtown RLP. That picture has done the rounds. I’ve seen it many times over the years.

pisceaness
pisceaness
March 9, 2009 3:24 pm

for sure!!! i can never think of anything when people ask me what i want yet if they dont get me what i want it CAN ruin the entire occasion! becuase i think gifts represent a lot more than just a token- it shows how much attention people pay to who you are, and being able to suss out what i would love is a reflection of how much they know me! hence a gift that is not right (esspecially from boyfriends and parents) are like a stab wound. all of a sudden our relationship has changed, becuase it means… Read more »

Anonymous
Anonymous
March 17, 2013 4:51 am
Reply to  pisceaness

Yes totes agree !

taurean alchemist
taurean alchemist
March 9, 2009 2:20 pm

has anyone noticed the increase in piscean vibe?? mercury slipped into pisces and suddenly I’m giving tarot readings to friends dropping by and feeling all wafty 🙂

pegasus
pegasus
March 9, 2009 12:01 pm

I think the blue waterlillies are called ‘the blue lotus’ in eastern trads, with a heavenly aroma. The Pisces i know is a genius musically & with visual arts but never wants B-day mentioned! Doesn’t smoke, drink, eat anything with eyes, meditates & chants. Has explored the power mac to the point of being a god of technology. He & his PC are one. Used to sleep with it. seriously. and has sex with it as well. It fulfills everything in his life. Pisceans don’t come into my life very often, but i’m in love with real fish in &… Read more »

taurean alchemist
taurean alchemist
March 9, 2009 11:38 am

love it… and LOVE pisceans, really – most of my fave people are pisceans… and you know what, I NEVER buy them presents! Not just because more often than not they do not buy me one on MY birthday, but because its too darn hard to choose (except where I know the moon), doubly hard to pin them down to a date to give them the gift and because most of the Pisces people I am attracted to are very Jupiterian types and have it all anyway. but I do always wish them happy birthday and send them lots of… Read more »

Sweetpea
Sweetpea
March 9, 2009 11:34 am

One year I took the Pisces ex across the ocean to Catalina Island. We stayed the weekend and went on an undersea sub ride around the harbor. One could see the flora and fauna and feed the fish from some little lever you pushed….

I think that was the most unusual and Piscean birthday I ever did for him…

current
current
March 9, 2009 11:06 am

Piscean birthdays?

Don’t make a fuss but don’t forget them…..

bluelibra
bluelibra
March 9, 2009 9:28 am

Wine wine wine.. good quality although you will be told ‘Why did you go to so much effort.’ Or ‘You shouldn’t have done that.’ which will then make you feel chastised and guilty about going to the effort but they will drink it..preferably by themselves or in the most exclusive of company.. nonetheless.

Pisces Goat
Pisces Goat
March 9, 2009 9:27 am

I FREAK out at things organized for my birthday!! I really can’t handle it. I get paranoid and insecure that a) no-one will turn up b) people will have a bad time. Hence I only ever have dinner with my family for my birthday.

Any gift is fine, it really IS the thought that counts.

Quite like the eccentric pic of Liz Taylor with the bird.

Anonymous
Anonymous
March 17, 2013 4:49 am
Reply to  Pisces Goat

Omg Couldn’t agree more about the birthday thing 🙂 spot on ! ~~~~~~ Sun& mars in Pisces

unpredictable pisces
unpredictable pisces
March 9, 2009 8:34 am

gerberas, blech. but little coastal daisies growing in the sand and the other daisies with a dark blue centre, i do like those 🙂 i am a lotus and orchid person, and hyacinths, oh and daphne, jasmine, waterlilies (there is one lilac-coloured species that smells heavenly), lilacs, and another flower called Wintersweet (Chimonanthus praecox if anyone’s interested), this shrub flowers in mid winter (australia) with little yellow flowers growing out of the leafless branches and if heaven had a scent, this would be it… also prefer the proper old-fashioned roses that SMELL not the ones they breed to last for… Read more »

cheshire cap
cheshire cap
March 9, 2009 3:02 pm

UP, the blue centred daisies are Star of the Veld and I love them too.

Anonymous
Anonymous
March 9, 2009 9:37 pm
Reply to  cheshire cap

thanks CC!

March 9, 2009 8:26 am

I think the photo looks ridiculous with her holding that bird ? whats that about ?

Blossom
Blossom
March 9, 2009 9:12 am

The reflection in water is rather good 😉

Sweetpea
Sweetpea
March 9, 2009 11:31 am
Reply to  Blossom

Blossom,

The reflection does look like a longer haired younger version of her! (to me)

cheshire cap
cheshire cap
March 9, 2009 6:28 pm

OMG…. her bling would keep me in bickies for the remainder of my life

xox rockstar libran publicist xox
xox rockstar libran publicist xox
March 9, 2009 3:37 pm

D – that Newton portrait is captivating!!

March 9, 2009 8:58 pm

a stuffed bird is captivating ?

unpredictable pisces
unpredictable pisces
March 9, 2009 9:44 pm

when it’s a bright green parrot, sitting on a bejeweled Liz taylor’s hand in a tranquil swimming pool, and helmut newton has taken the photo, i’m not sure if it could be much else? and the parrot looks alive to me but then again ..

March 10, 2009 10:49 am

Starting to sound like that Monty Python dead parrot sketch…
“Look, matey, I know a dead parrot when I see one, and I’m looking at one right now….”

Blossom
Blossom
March 10, 2009 10:51 am

Noooo, that was a Norwegian Blue ….

Typical Taurus
Typical Taurus
March 9, 2009 8:06 am

P.S. The last three options would never do for my mother…..(1) she would consider it the height of rudeness to receive money as a present….(2) “flowers go with a gift, dear, not as the gift”….(3) the sharing of secrets is a daily occurence.

All the others sounds perfect for her though…..I’m might starting saving now for the island and the pony for her next birthday (because surely you can’t have one without the other!)

Typical Taurus
Typical Taurus
March 9, 2009 8:01 am

“the Pisces has secretly insane expectations that even he/she knows can NEVER be met”….oh Mystic, spot on!!! My pisces mother has been known to mention in June what she wants for christmas (never to utter it again) and will sulk on christmas day if she doesn’t get what she asked for. The thought definitely does not count!!! Similarly she mentiones in about December what she wants for her birthday (not to be confused with what she wants for Christmas, of course). Presents that aren’t up to par are barely looked at once opened and her sulking has been known to… Read more »

Sweetpea
Sweetpea
March 9, 2009 5:01 am

Interestingly Mystic, Once, I had a mgr. who was Pisces Sun, Capricorn Moon and she only liked the Gerbera Daisies. She made quite a fuss about it really as the leasing manager got her carnations probably not knowing about her preference. In front of all the staff, the Pisces said “anyone who knows me, knows I hate carnations.” I’d thought it a bit ungracious actually as she at least got flowers! She also liked white, freshly starched shirts and had then sent out to have done. She was also very picky about her pedicures and expected the staff to have… Read more »

Sweetpea
Sweetpea
March 9, 2009 5:22 am
Reply to  Sweetpea

Also referred her to my psychic with whom she was very pleased (wonder if she met the new guy and ever got married and had a kid?) Like a seance w/Sigmund Freud, Pisces would probably like that as a gift.

scorpalicious robot
scorpalicious robot
March 9, 2009 11:25 am
Reply to  Sweetpea

Sweetpea, i’ve never met any cold Pisceans. I love them. I think the coldness was coming from the Cap moon.

Sweetpea
Sweetpea
March 9, 2009 12:04 pm

Yes, I think she was reserved because of the Cap Moon, which can be interpreted as cold to some, or come across that way even though not true. I’m certainly not a cold person (w/Cap Moon) nor hard to get to know, but do know when to be quiet which is really quite extrodinary for a Gem rising…LOL She really hit it right on the mark one day and I was quite astonished as she said “I think you go home and unzip yourself and become someone else.” I think she sensed the other side of me that I keep… Read more »