I am a Virgo with a love dilemma – NOT a Love Zombie one. Should I run off with Prince Charming or remain a Lone Warrior? At the beginning of 2012 I broke up with by my partner of 5 years (Cap) for the simple reason that “He didn’t know what he wanted”–brilliant, it only took him 5 years to work that out. Slow decision making there Mr Cap.
I’m Virgo, Sagg moon, Pisces rising.
In August I met a Gemini, Leo Moon, Mars in Sagg and what I would bet is Kataka rising (it’s in the eyes and the clingy-ness). I fell for him HARD. Likewise, him for me. I’m 27, he’s 43. I was MADLY in love, but something wasn’t right (aside from the age gap) and I couldn’t put my finger on it. So I broke it off with him, but in a dodgy “I’ll call you when I’m ready for a relationship” way. That didn’t feel right either.
So after about a week, I called him up, high on…let’s just call it Space Dust and we reunited, declaring our undying love for each other. Very emo. Very intense. Then I impulsively introduced him to my parents the next day. After he had left they were like “Are you SURE about this?” and I realized I wasn’t. Something wasn’t right. What if he wasn’t the one? What if I was on the “rebound”? I thought hard, and remembered the advice in my Get Scorped consult. “It’s like a racehorse or a ferrari…very powerful, but you don’t want it fanging off in the wrong direction.”
Was this the right direction? I wasn’t sure. I felt like this was the first person I’d met post-breakup and maybe my judgement was clouded. I felt like I needed to give myself the chance to meet other people and broaden my horizons. So I broke it off again (a clean break, just friends) that same day. I felt really guilty for hurting him, but it felt like something I needed to do urgently.
Now my heart is heavy, but I feel I have done the right thing. I am going to avoid alcohol, drugs and random sex and try and keep a clear head. Thank you for your site and all your brilliant astro work, it makes such a difference to my life.
But to be honest, this dude had all the trappings of “Prince Charming”…house, motorbike, cool 50s car, wit, charm…and a terrifying clingyness. Did I also mention he had a giant collection of tiny toy cars and only ever had cartoon character doona covers (e.g.?Thomas the Tank Engine, Toy Story, Spongebob etc). There were some strange quirks and mannerisms which didn’t add up. There was something weird there I couldn’t put my finger on.
He’s still pestering me, saying that we should “meet up” and “talk about this”. Ermagerd. I guess he’s hoping I will get high/drunk again and fall into his arms?
Please help…the Lone Warrior Virgo.
Dear Lone Warrior Virgo,
I am sure the peeps here will have a variety of fascinating opinions on this but my thoughts are…
* Shame about the Cap in slo-mo but yes, they can move at glacier speed in relationship matters. Faster if there is a hot dollar or two involved lol.
* You’re SO mutable – so am I, I get it – but that sort of “come over, i need you, i want you” followed by a swift rethink the very next day IS what gives the Mutable signs (Pisces, Virgo, Saggo, Gemini) a bit of a bad name amongst others. We think ‘fluid’ – they think “flake.” He MAY be a bit confused.
* I don’t think the age gap matters so much as dude has CARTOON CHARACTER DOONA covers and the tiny toy car collection. So what were the “strange quirks”? I mean a pinball machine is very Leo Moon/Mars in Sagg/Gemini but i think he has taken it a bit far. If you slept with him (it’s unclear) what was it like waking up in chez kindie room?
* Pisces Rising = Neptune influence: obey your instincts. If they are (as they seem) to go all Temperance on this for a bit, do it. Maybe wait till the next New Moon in Saggo – December 12/13 and then re-assess the terrain.
* Also, no offence but he is behaving like a bit of a drip. If he really had Crab Rising he’d just go to the gym and make goo-goo eyes at the next Mrs Thomas The Tank Engine, right? Saying “we have to talk blah blah blah” to someone who has just politely dumped you is super Love Zombie.
What does everyone else think?