The word “technology” comes from Techne (aka Tekne) – an ancient Goddess of art, craft, skill, magic and invention.
Now, for those of you interested, a quick explanation re the site technological difficulties of late.
* It’s not the dev guys who designed/built the site – they’re amazing. A Pisces & Leo. Love them.
* It’s a hosting issue. Sites have to be hosted by someone and it can be a huge pain. Simple if you’re a little brochure site, more complex the more content and features you have. Mid-2011 was when the site outgrow the previous host – too much traffic. Then there was a host that also said the same thing but only after a week-long s.n.a.f.u. Some of you may remember either the mousetrap pic staying there all week OR a hideous “holding” page that appeared. Nightmare. Luckily i had been given a crate of biodynamic Blue Devil Hoochie Juice and was having an affair with my neighbor at around that time.
* Then the new host started going slow and having drop outs because of (short version) too many database queries. Ie; people inputting passwords and asking questions of the Oracle. THEN the new host (we’re up to the last fortnight now) is super-speedy and fine with Oracle hits. Please, kudos for the speed. But they keep fuqing with their cookies/cache settings which throws out the log-in/membership set-up. They did just that, fixed it, said sorry and then did it again. This is what’s been going on guys! Maddening. But not a mystery. So the current situation is that they either fix this once and for all or the site migrates to yet another host, one that can handle membership software, obsessive Oracle questing & a lot of content/imagery.
* It will be fixed, it’s not my peeps doing it, it’s hosting & in the meantime (again) you don’t have to log in to view Horoscopes/Oracle.
* I also blame Mars Retro in Virgo. Just so as you know. The re-design was slightly late to launch so it went into Mars Retro territory by a few moments. This – i naively thought – would not be so bad, given as this is not a war i’m prosecuting here. But no, my theory is that as Virgo is Mercury ruled, it sort of operates like a giant and crazy-bats Mercury Retro. But i’m learning a lot about technological matters that i would not previously have understood.
All hail the Goddess Techne.